Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fox attacks and bites baby twin girls in bed

4 posters

Go down

fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Empty fox attacks and bites baby twin girls in bed

Post  jeanie Mon 7 Jun - 10:14

dont know if this has already been posted..sorry i havn't got the link....
headlines in todays daily mail....a fox has attacked and mauled two babies asleep in their beds.....they are both very ill in hospital....imo ..this is vey unusual behaviour from a fox!
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :
fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Empty Re: fox attacks and bites baby twin girls in bed

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 7 Jun - 10:40

jeanie wrote:dont know if this has already been posted..sorry i havn't got the link....
headlines in todays daily mail....a fox has attacked and mauled two babies asleep in their beds.....they are both very ill in hospital....imo ..this is vey unusual behaviour from a fox!

I saw that too and read that only one or two previous cases have been recorded of foxes attacking people.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Empty Re: fox attacks and bites baby twin girls in bed

Post  jeanie Mon 7 Jun - 15:01

i grew up near woods and fields and i remember seeing lots of foxes but they were always afraid of us kids....this is one bold fox to know how to go upstairs and find a bedroom in a big house and go into the cots....but perhaps town foxes are different ...not saying it wasn't a fox just not sure if we are being told the full story...anyway a lot kids are now going to be scared of foxes getting in the bedrooms as well as strange abductors....
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

fox attacks and bites baby twin  girls in bed Empty Fox Caught And Killed At Bitten Babies' House

Post  Guest Fri 11 Jun - 0:52

8:11pm UK, Monday June 07, 2010

Emma Rowley, Sky New Online

A fox has been caught and killed at the home of twin baby girls who were mauled in their cots as they slept.

Nine-month-old Lola Koupparis and twin sister Isabella were attacked at around 10pm on Saturday night in Homerton, east London.

Both girls suffered arm wounds and one is believed to have facial injuries.

One of the twins is still being treated at the Royal London Hospital. The second has been transferred to Great Ormond Street.

Both girls remain in a serious but stable condition.

Following the attack, pest controllers set fox traps in the back garden.

A fox was discovered in one of the devices on Sunday night and was later humanely destroyed by a vet.

A police spokesman said: "A vet was called to establish if it was safe to move the animal.

"It was determined it was not and the fox was humanely killed by the pest controller at approximately 12.15am."

The spokesman said the traps would remain in place for the time being.

The Royal London, where twins Lola and Isabella Koupparis are being treated

It is not clear whether the fox captured was the animal involved in the attack, which apparently entered the girls' home through a ground-floor door which had been left open because of the heat.

As the twins' parents, Nick and Pauline, were reportedly watching television, the animal attacked the twins in their room upstairs.

The girls' four-year-old brother, Max, who was also sleeping upstairs, was not hurt.

Pauline Koupparis said on her way to visit the babies: "We're just worried about them and making sure they're OK. One is really good and one is not so good."

Neighbour Michael Parra, 48, said police have been going from house to house after the attack, warning residents not to leave their doors open.

Police officers leave the family's house in Homerton, east London

The health trainer, who has lived in the street for six years, said he has complained about the fox problem to the local council but nothing has changed.

"I wonder how much they can do about the situation," he said, "I think the foxes are getting bolder. They almost go up to you.

"I've got fearful myself. They've gone towards my dog too."

The incident was not the first time a fox has been blamed for injuring children.

In 2002, Sue Eastwood told how her 14-week-old baby boy, Louis, suffered bite marks on his head after a fox crept into their house in Dartford, Kent.

Pauline Koupparis, the mother of the twin girls who were mauled by a fox

The RSPCA stressed that such attacks were very unusual.

The animal welfare charity said in a statement: "Foxes are shy creatures and this sounds like an extremely rare occurrence, however, our thoughts are with the children and their families. We wish them a speedy recovery.

"If people have issues with foxes near their homes they should contact their local authority or a licensed pest controller.

"To discourage foxes from people's property they should also ensure any rubbish and household waste left out is secure and not open for scavenging."

The charity added that if anyone has a concern about the welfare of a fox they can contact the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 11 Jun - 8:40

Call me cynical, but there is something about this story that doesn't ring quite true!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 11 Jun - 18:00

Fox's are no longer the handsome shiney red coated creatures from kids story books.They are skanky vermin scum that spread rubbish and decease.

Foxes around our way are as bold as brass.People feed them and they become tame (almost) and will certainly come into your house if previously fed by yourself or neighbours.

Like cats,they will play with their pray,kill the lot and only take what they want.

I agree fred,this case didnt sound quite right,but will keep an open mind about that for now.

All foxes should be exterminated they serve no purpose.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down