Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Am i being mean.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Am i being mean.

Post  steve1295 on Mon 5 Jul - 1:01

just wonder are they friends with the mcs,,,just joking though. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291970/Couple-threatened-social-services-children-ride-bikes-school.html

steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Bebootje on Mon 5 Jul - 7:09


Ridiculous story though. While you must know that childeren under 12 years of age aren't able to judge hazzards in traffic....

Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Age : 54
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 5 Jul - 7:50

A five-year-old riding a bicycle to school? No way!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  RIORITA on Mon 5 Jul - 16:34

Absolutely horrendous allowing these weans to ride a bicycle
through that traffic. The parents should be brought to heel in
no uncertain terms. Bl..dy idiots!!

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  sans_souci on Mon 5 Jul - 16:45

RIORITA wrote:Absolutely horrendous allowing these weans to ride a bicycle
through that traffic. The parents should be brought to heel in
no uncertain terms. Bl..dy idiots!!

The children ride on the pavement.

sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
50 / 10050 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Panda on Mon 5 Jul - 17:10

Bebootje wrote:
Ridiculous story though. While you must know that childeren under 12 years of age aren't able to judge hazzards in traffic....

Iv"e just read the Article and actually the distance is 1 mile, the children ride on the pavement and cross at a zebra crossing with a Lollipop Lady. It"s a shame this has been publicised because any pedophile will be on the lookout now and if one of them is snatched there is little the other can do.

Personally, as long as they stay on the pavement I see no problem and it is much healthier than being driven in
a car to school.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  steve1295 on Mon 5 Jul - 17:59

Just think of the uilt of the 8year old if anything happened the year old....just imagine.

steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Smudge on Mon 5 Jul - 18:09

I certainly wouldn't have done it when mine were so young.
What happens if one of them falls off? Kids of that age still need mummy to make it better

Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Age : 53
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Palmeras16 on Mon 5 Jul - 18:13

No problem until something goes wrong, then everyone would be slating the parents.

eta: James O'Brien LBC this morning saw no problem with this, but needless to say, his children won't be doing it. What a hypocrite.

Palmeras16
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 275
Warning :
66 / 10066 / 100

Registration date : 2010-06-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  LJC on Mon 5 Jul - 19:36

Panda wrote:
Bebootje wrote:
Ridiculous story though. While you must know that childeren under 12 years of age aren't able to judge hazzards in traffic....

Iv"e just read the Article and actually the distance is 1 mile, the children ride on the pavement and cross at a zebra crossing with a Lollipop Lady. It"s a shame this has been publicised because any pedophile will be on the lookout now and if one of them is snatched there is little the other can do.

Personally, as long as they stay on the pavement I see no problem and it is much healthier than being driven in
a car to school.

Its about distance again isn't it? Please don't fall into the pitfall of thinking, its only this far or that far, so what's the harm. Didn't the McCann's think like this? Its only a hop skip and jump from restaurant to apartment, so what's the harm?

I am all for kids cycling to school when they get to a responsible age and they've been through a cycling course - but at the age of 5 and 8? No way. Okay, so they were on the pavement, but with an adult? No. Therefore, its dangerous. If the mother feels so strongly, she should accompany them on the bike ride. If she's not prepared to do this, don't put the kids at risk IMO. And just think of the chaos if it catches on and kids are cycling on pavements left right and centre, with or without their parents - Get out the way Granny, the pavement is a dodgy place to be at certain times of the day.

No, IF its only a mile, why can't they walk it? Accompanied by an adult of course.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Guest on Mon 5 Jul - 21:24

sans_souci wrote:
RIORITA wrote:Absolutely horrendous allowing these weans to ride a bicycle
through that traffic. The parents should be brought to heel in
no uncertain terms. Bl..dy idiots!!

The children ride on the pavement.

and that makes it ok to let them out on their own does it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Claudia79 on Mon 5 Jul - 21:53

A five year old? Ate these people nuts?

Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7004
Age : 37
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  zodiac on Mon 5 Jul - 22:06

On the return journey they are supervised, either by one of the parents or their nanny, which is deemed acceptable - but the Schonrocks have been told that they must ensure their children are accompanied on the journey to school as well or they will be referred to Southwark Council's Children's Services department.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291970/Couple-threatened-social-services-children-ride-bikes-school.html#ixzz0sqJYKPtN

The children are supervised on the return journey either by one of the parents or their nanny? If they think it is so safe why are the children not cycling home unsupervised? Especially as they feel 'confident that the benefits to our children far outweigh the potential risk from 'stranger danger', road traffic accidents and other factors.' Why does it not continue when it is time to go home? Hmm could it be the school policy (and quite rightly so, if it is) that children must be collected from school or use the school bus etc. Imo these people are idiots to have such a cavalier attitude about the safety of their 5 and 8 yr-old children. They pay 12k per annum for each child, surely their nanny should be supervising their children cycling to school like he/she would be doing at home time. The comments by Boris Johnson are shocking especially given his position. If these two children were living on a council estate and arriving at school on their own and the school informed social services about the concern for the safety of the children, it would be a completely different story we would be reading! It is reassuring to read that other parents have the same concern as the school.

zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Guest on Mon 5 Jul - 22:51

I was about 9 or 10 before I was allowed to ride my bike to school, and there were 2 older cousins with me!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  LJC on Mon 5 Jul - 23:07

zodiac wrote:On the return journey they are supervised, either by one of the parents or their nanny, which is deemed acceptable - but the Schonrocks have been told that they must ensure their children are accompanied on the journey to school as well or they will be referred to Southwark Council's Children's Services department.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1291970/Couple-threatened-social-services-children-ride-bikes-school.html#ixzz0sqJYKPtN

The children are supervised on the return journey either by one of the parents or their nanny? If they think it is so safe why are the children not cycling home unsupervised? Especially as they feel 'confident that the benefits to our children far outweigh the potential risk from 'stranger danger', road traffic accidents and other factors.' Why does it not continue when it is time to go home? Hmm could it be the school policy (and quite rightly so, if it is) that children must be collected from school or use the school bus etc. Imo these people are idiots to have such a cavalier attitude about the safety of their 5 and 8 yr-old children. They pay 12k per annum for each child, surely their nanny should be supervising their children cycling to school like he/she would be doing at home time. The comments by Boris Johnson are shocking especially given his position. If these two children were living on a council estate and arriving at school on their own and the school informed soci al services about the concern for the safety of the children, it would be a completely different story we would be reading! It is reassuring to read that other parents have the same concern as the school.

"The benefits to our children far outweigh the potential risk" . That says it all. They are really thinking of the benefits to themselves, as they are probably far too busy to accompany them in the mornings and for some reason the nanny is not considered either (probably too busy tending to household chores for THEIR benefit) The benefits to the kids would be the same if they were accompanied by an adult, if its purely fresh air and exercise they are thinking of, so it cannot be fresh air and exercise that is on the parent's minds.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  RIORITA on Tue 6 Jul - 3:57

sans_souci wrote:
RIORITA wrote:Absolutely horrendous allowing these weans to ride a bicycle
through that traffic. The parents should be brought to heel in
no uncertain terms. Bl..dy idiots!!

The children ride on the pavement.


The picture I saw looked as if there was lots of traffic around, typical newspapers. However,
I reiterate, BL..DY IDIOTS

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Guest on Wed 28 Jul - 0:57

This post has been deleted by an administrator.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  RIORITA on Wed 28 Jul - 4:55

Whoops......someone's been busy on the Forum during the night....
Guilty conscience or something?

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Guest on Wed 28 Jul - 6:22

RIORITA wrote:Whoops......someone's been busy on the Forum during the night....
Guilty conscience or something?

No Rita, just some silly wee troll with a fascination for pictures of poo. Don't worry about it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  RIORITA on Wed 28 Jul - 7:39

The Famous Grouse wrote:
RIORITA wrote:Whoops......someone's been busy on the Forum during the night....
Guilty conscience or something?

No Rita, just some silly wee troll with a fascination for pictures of poo. Don't worry about it.


My, my, you do get them don't you. I was hoping someone couldn't sleep last night too!

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Eve on Thu 29 Jul - 12:23



No you are not being mean after all it is young children life's are at ricks here letting them ride their bikes so young on the road going to school, it is a silly thing to do I wonder how they parents would feel like if they child where run offer by a car or bus ?

Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  kitti on Thu 29 Jul - 12:33

Well first off all, they cycle down a street which is approx under 1 mile, its not a main road its actually quite a long side road, i have one near me, from one end off this road to the other is over 1 mile and i see kids cycle, alone, down this road every day.

Its not good putting the onus on an 8yr to make sure the 5 yr old keeps up or doesnt fall off his/her bike, thats down to the parents to do that.


But seeing an 8 or 9 yr old cycle to school on his own (mainly i see boys) is NOT uncommon where i live, their on their own and i have even seen them croos busy main roads...ON THEIR OWN.

The main problem is....GETTING RUN OVER BY THE LITTLE B........S whilst their cycling and weaving about on the paths that pee's me off.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Am i being mean.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 13:25


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum