Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

The War in Afghanistan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Tue 13 Jul - 12:43



Just on the News, 3 British Soldiers killed and several wounded shot by AFGHAN SOLDIERS. Abu KHazi
apologises. Dear God, how many young lives will be lost in this senseless War when even the Afghans can"t
be trusted to help. Never mind about a withdrawal plan by 5 years, admit defeat and that the problem will never go away and bring these brave lads home now.!!!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  wjk on Tue 13 Jul - 13:05

Seconded, Panda!

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 13 Jul - 13:35

Obama is not about to bring the US troops home and is actually sending more out. This man, who is sending unmanned drones over Pakistan and killing civilians got the Nobel Peace Prize!


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Tue 13 Jul - 14:21

Well I couldn"t understand a word he said but gather it was anti Obama. Seems he can"t put a foot right these
days , on ways to help the economy, the oil slick, the Military voicing their concern etc. George Bush and Tony
Blair stirred up a Hornet"s nest when they invaded Iraq and will go down in History as the two most incompetent Heads of State who deviously concocted a reason for starting a War now escalating to other Countries.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 13 Jul - 14:28

Panda wrote:Well I couldn"t understand a word he said but gather it was anti Obama. Seems he can"t put a foot right these
days , on ways to help the economy, the oil slick, the Military voicing their concern etc. George Bush and Tony
Blair stirred up a Hornet"s nest when they invaded Iraq and will go down in History as the two most incompetent Heads of State who deviously concocted a reason for starting a War now escalating to other Countries.

Significant Dems losses are being forecast in the November mid-term elections. Obama has just about the worst popularity rating for a president at this point in his tenure of office. The stimulus has failed and his answer is to pump more fiat money into the economy. The US is on the brink of economic collapse.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Tue 13 Jul - 14:50

Its a senseless waste of life , never should have gone in there.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Tue 13 Jul - 16:17

halfamo wrote:Its a senseless waste of life , never should have gone in there.
It is an unwinnable situation , so many different factions and of course the deadly bombs which not only kill
but maim for life. Even the trouble in Iraq is flaring up again,!!! Have you noticed, no European Country is
sending troops, theyv"e got more sense and this idea of Terrorism sweeping around the World if we don"t succeed in Afghanistan is rubbish. Has there been a major terrorist attack in America since 9/11, the U.K. attack
since the rail and buses slaughter, the Madrid bombings????? The Terrorists won"t stop til all Foreign troops leave.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  RIORITA on Tue 13 Jul - 17:23

What a complete waste of young men's lives. This war is a travesty and
it's time someone stood up and told it like it is. I so feel for all the broken
hearts to-day.

RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Tue 13 Jul - 17:50

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:Its a senseless waste of life , never should have gone in there.
It is an unwinnable situation , so many different factions and of course the deadly bombs which not only kill
but maim for life. Even the trouble in Iraq is flaring up again,!!! Have you noticed, no European Country is
sending troops, theyv"e got more sense and this idea of Terrorism sweeping around the World if we don"t succeed in Afghanistan is rubbish. Has there been a major terrorist attack in America since 9/11, the U.K. attack
since the rail and buses slaughter, the Madrid bombings????? The Terrorists won"t stop til all Foreign troops leave.

Two illegal wars: Both started by Bush and his crazy gang and Blair just could'nt say no,could'nt agree more with your post,brave men and women most just kids and for what a dust bowl,no one is ever going to bring our idea of democracy to these people they are too tribal.As fror Iraq Sadam was evil but there were no terrorists there when he was in charge ,Bush and Blair opened the gates for them.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Tue 13 Jul - 18:32

halfamo wrote:
Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:Its a senseless waste of life , never should have gone in there.
It is an unwinnable situation , so many different factions and of course the deadly bombs which not only kill
but maim for life. Even the trouble in Iraq is flaring up again,!!! Have you noticed, no European Country is
sending troops, theyv"e got more sense and this idea of Terrorism sweeping around the World if we don"t succeed in Afghanistan is rubbish. Has there been a major terrorist attack in America since 9/11, the U.K. attack
since the rail and buses slaughter, the Madrid bombings????? The Terrorists won"t stop til all Foreign troops leave.

Two illegal wars: Both started by Bush and his crazy gang and Blair just could'nt say no,could'nt agree more with your post,brave men and women most just kids and for what a dust bowl,no one is ever going to bring our idea of democracy to these people they are too tribal.As fror Iraq Sadam was evil but there were no terrorists there when he was in charge ,Bush and Blair opened the gates for them.

I think Blair got off very lightly with the enquiry into Iraq and I really get annoyed that he is now wolrth £12
million and counting and our Troops were sent to War. ill equiped and now they have returned home some with
massive injuries which will completely alter their lives and lucky if they get due compensation for their
bravery. I have much admiration too for the Medical Teams who treat the injured, they too risk their lives
daily. Shame on you Blair and Bush.!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Wed 14 Jul - 15:58

Hi Panda , when all foreign troops have pulled out of these countries i believe they will both descend into civil war and all the lives that have been lost and the many that have been maimed will all have been for nothing, thats whats so tragic.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 14 Jul - 16:07

halfamo wrote:Hi Panda , when all foreign troops have pulled out of these countries i believe they will both descend into civil war and all the lives that have been lost and the many that have been maimed will all have been for nothing, thats whats so tragic.

I think you're right. Not only did Sadam not have weapons of mass destruction, he kept the warring factions from total war.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Guest on Wed 14 Jul - 20:43

AnnaEsse wrote:I think you're right. Not only did Sadam not have weapons of mass destruction, he kept the warring factions from total war.

hmmm, yeah. mass murder does have a habit of concentrating the mind and encouraging good behaviour.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Lioned on Wed 14 Jul - 22:36

It is a war 'we' cannot win,there are large elements who do not want to embrace our way of life,just as there are in Iraq.
We are only there to support the americans who want to control the world through the ownership of the oil and gas stocks.
Afganistan does not have nuclear capability or any weapons of mass destruction,most of the terrorists are probably in Pakistan anyway.
The governments use the terrorist argument to strike fear and thus control,its wearing thin for most of us.The americans will continue to bully their way through the oil rich third world and play patsy with the tyranical rulers in Korea and China who would give them a bloody nose.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Guest on Wed 14 Jul - 23:15

I just think it's really bloody arrogance that we are there at all. The Russians sent in quarter of a million troops over 15 years and got absolutely nowhere; what makes our Govt think that our boys (and a lot less of them) are gonna do any better?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Jul - 2:00

I don"t think anyone has won a War in Afghanistan, the British too lost .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Guest on Thu 15 Jul - 8:20

Lioned wrote:It is a war 'we' cannot win,there are large elements who do not want to embrace our way of life,just as there are in Iraq.
We are only there to support the americans who want to control the world through the ownership of the oil and gas stocks.
Afganistan does not have nuclear capability or any weapons of mass destruction,most of the terrorists are probably in Pakistan anyway.
The governments use the terrorist argument to strike fear and thus control,its wearing thin for most of us.The americans will continue to bully their way through the oil rich third world and play patsy with the tyranical rulers in Korea and China who would give them a bloody nose.
A personal friend of mine has written several books on drugs, and acts as a drug consultant to several major businesses. He's been to Afghanistan many times, and in his opinion it's just all one big protection racket gone wrong. He says that they'll never, ever solve the problems in Afghanistan while the drugs trade is so lucrative, in fact one of the things they should be trying is a bloody big dose of Agent Orange all over the poppy fields.

When I was in hospital I was in a ward with a lovely lady who had escaped from Afghanistan. Her father had smuggled them all over the border to Pakistan in a cart. One of her earliest memories was that of her father burying the TV set in the back garden, he'd got wind that a neighbour had shopped him to the Taliban for having a telly. Another neighbour had got lashed for wearing brown shoes (not black) with her burqa.

In fact they only got the Internet back a couple of years ago, but there are hardly any pages with the af extension - not even Microsoft! It's very sad when you consider that the country used to be quite advanced and prosperous. It's now officially the poorest in the world.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Jul - 9:16


It"s such a mess and as usual, the poor people suffer. Tony Blair had the bright idea of paying the Farmers
$40 an acre to grow farm produce, not poppies. It failed miserably because the War Lords offered them more,
so the answer lies in stopping the drugs getting into the Western Countries where it is much in demand.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Lioned on Thu 15 Jul - 10:25

Panda wrote:
It"s such a mess and as usual, the poor people suffer. Tony Blair had the bright idea of paying the Farmers
$40 an acre to grow farm produce, not poppies. It failed miserably because the War Lords offered them more,
so the answer lies in stopping the drugs getting into the Western Countries where it is much in demand.


Exactly, we are an Island and with a bit more effort and probably a fraction of the money this 'war' is costing we could strengthen our defences,immigration controls ports and airports.With satelite technology and enough skilled people we should be able to stop the majority of crap and terror looneys getting in.

Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Guest on Thu 15 Jul - 10:28

Lioned wrote:...and terror looneys getting in.

they're already here and most of them were born here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Jul - 10:43

Marky wrote:
Lioned wrote:...and terror looneys getting in.

they're already here and most of them were born here.

Yes, how many times have we read about young men going to Pakistan for "training". If the Drug Barons were
put out of Business though, and their Western buyers prosecuted more often maybe the drug problem in the
U.K. and many other Countries could be eliminated and with it drug related crime.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Thu 15 Jul - 13:19

Afternoon Panda, although there have always been terrorists the threat as never been as serious as it is now and this imo was a direct result of the invasion of Iraq ; this gave the extremists all the excuse they needed , 9.11 was nothing to do with Iraq murderous as Sadam was he did'nt get into bed with terrorists.There are scores of murderous dictators in this world , nothing is done about them ...why because America is all about the greed for oil.Iraq was Bush junior finishing off what pops left unfinished,Afghanistan is all about a oil pipeline thats why they've got a puppet goverment in there ,imo i don't think they care how much heroin is flooding the world thats not their concern .And not lets forget the arms people big money in selling arms and selling arms is big business in the land of the free.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Jul - 13:47

halfamo wrote:Afternoon Panda, although there have always been terrorists the threat as never been as serious as it is now and this imo was a direct result of the invasion of Iraq ; this gave the extremists all the excuse they needed , 9.11 was nothing to do with Iraq murderous as Sadam was he did'nt get into bed with terrorists.There are scores of murderous dictators in this world , nothing is done about them ...why because America is all about the greed for oil.Iraq was Bush junior finishing off what pops left unfinished,Afghanistan is all about a oil pipeline thats why they've got a puppet goverment in there ,imo i don't think they care how much heroin is flooding the world thats not their concern .And not lets forget the arms people big money in selling arms and selling arms is big business in the land of the free.

halfamo I just replied to your post on the 48 questions and Fred replied simultaneously so mine got lost.

I agree with everything you say, but what is more frightening is the attitude of the Youth of today. Only 50%
of University Students stay the Course, hardly any want to get involved in Politics , too many youngsters are
drinking too much and taking drugs ...........what kind of future will there be for Britain? Not just Britain, there
are 30 Wars going on at this moment around the World and and corruption in Government is rife in many
Countries. Happy little doom and gloom Merchant aren"t I

Sounds selfish, but all I can say is I am glad I am not growing up in today"s World.

Just on the News as I speak, two young Drug Addicts killed their 14 month old Baby Girl by giving her methodone for teething problems.!!!!!!!!




Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Thu 15 Jul - 16:31

Panda , i really believe most of the problems with the young today stems from lack of direction parents can't discipline schools can't, these kids never learn respect, i brought up two and although you can only advise up to a point and if they follow that advice is more luck then judgement sometimes i think they both turned out ok.I was a teenager in the sixties drugs sex rock & roll alledgedly ;i never took drugs but some i knew did they dabbled then grew up and out of it, there was never the feral behaviour that exists today.I Suppose some would blame the state the worlds in but we lived through some hairy times , the Cuban missle crisis was just one , things were i think so uncertain then but we still here we came through, whats happened to youth clubs do they still exist ,? kept us off the streets .The world is a mess but its been worse imo.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 15 Jul - 16:49

halfamo wrote: Panda , i really believe most of the problems with the young today stems from lack of direction parents can't discipline schools can't, these kids never learn respect, i brought up two and although you can only advise up to a point and if they follow that advice is more luck then judgement sometimes i think they both turned out ok.I was a teenager in the sixties drugs sex rock & roll alledgedly ;i never took drugs but some i knew did they dabbled then grew up and out of it, there was never the feral behaviour that exists today.I Suppose some would blame the state the worlds in but we lived through some hairy times , the Cuban missle crisis was just one , things were i think so uncertain then but we still here we came through, whats happened to youth clubs do they still exist ,? kept us off the streets .The world is a mess but its been worse imo.

When I was at work today, there were things that made me think of my own schooldays and they were things that just didn't happen then.

The teachers have "out of class cards," to hand out when a pupil leaves the room for various reasons: to go to the toilet; to see another teacher; to fetch something from a locker etc etc. In my secondary school, it just didn't happen that pupils went to the toilet during lessons. We carried all our books and equipment with us and I cannot recall any reason, other than feeling ill, why a pupil would have been out of a classroom during a lesson.

Nowadays, schools have a member of the Senior Management Team on call at all times to intervene if there are problems in classrooms and to remove very disruptive pupils. Again, this was totally unknown and probably not thought of or needed when I was at school.

I had to have a lad removed from a classroom because he was wandering around the room, interfering with the work of other pupils and by the time the SMT person arrived, the lad had bashed a few kids over the head with a very long ruler and departed!

Last lesson today, I did my usual head count after doing the register and discovered three kids who weren't supposed to be there. Fortunately, this particular school provides photos with the register, which made it possible for me to identify the ones to have removed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The War in Afghanistan

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:24


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum