Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Dimsie on Mon 2 Aug - 12:53

Lovely photo of Kiesha. Very strange set of circumstances, with her absence from school, door unlocked, uncertainty as to who last saw her outside the family, etc. but let's hope our suspicions are wrong and she turns up safe and well.
avatar
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  fred on Mon 2 Aug - 12:53

She's beautiful. So sad.
avatar
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4898
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  RIORITA on Mon 2 Aug - 12:59

Lovely smiling eyes. I do pray she will turn up safe and well, but
I fear for her.
avatar
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  kitti on Mon 2 Aug - 13:27

If she doesnt wonder off then their are only two reasons she is missing.


1..taken by an 'abductor'....he/she walked in the door, he/she knew the girl was sleeping in the b/room next to the open door (convenient) and hopes off finding her alive are slim, or..

1. taken out off the b/room by someone she knew, why, what reason, could it off been her biological father, doubt it, so who and what is left. For whatever reason she was taken hopes off finding her alive and well, are slim.

Unless off course your name is mccann then 3 years down the line their is absolutely NO evidence off harm!
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Kiesha attended school just five days this year

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 2 Aug - 19:11

http://www.news.com.au/national/little-kiesha-abrahams-was-rarely-seen-now-shes-gone/story-e6frfkvr-1225900329931



MISSING girl Kiesha Abrahams attended school just five days this year, sources revealed yesterday.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that Kiesha, who is in kindergarten, attended only five days at Mt Druitt Primary School this year.

The Education Department declined to comment but police confirmed they had spoken to a number of government agencies about Kiesha's absences from school and other welfare issues.

Kiesha was reported missing about 10am on Sunday when her mother Christie Abrahams noticed she was not in her bedroom in the family's unit in Hebersham, in western Sydney.

Ms Abrahams told police she last saw Kiesha about 9.30pm on Saturday when she put her to bed. The family said the unit's front door was ajar. There were also no signs of forced entry.

However, family and friends have told police they can't remember seeing Kiesha for about three weeks - about the time her half-brother Levi was born.

Police confirmed they were trying to build a timeline as to when Kiesha was last seen and events leading up to her disappearance.

Superintendent Wayne Cox said officers were looking at both Kiesha's long-term welfare and when she had last been seen by anyone other than her mother and stepfather Rob Smith.

"I believe she's had some absences and we're making inquiries," Supt Cox said.

"We are speaking to all family members and relatives to confirm the last sighting of Kiesha."

Mr Smith's brother, Jason Smith, said he had not seen the little girl since a party to celebrate Levi's birth.

He said his brother and Ms Abrahams were too grief stricken to talk.

Mr Smith's mother Rebecca said the family was aware of speculation that Kiesha had been missing for weeks, not days, but said that they "didn't care" what anyone else thought.

"We know the truth and the police know the truth," Ms Smith said.

Sound familiar? "We know the truth and God knows the truth."

"They can't talk. They just can't get the words out. They're too upset."

Ah, so they're 'non-functioning,' too!

Mr Smith and Ms Abrahams have been together four years and have two children - Brianna, 3, and Levi, three weeks. Ms Smith said her son had raised Kiesha as his own and was "devastated".

"It's so upsetting. They don't know what's happened to her," she said.

Kiesha's biological father, who lives nearby, has also been spoken to by police and has been ruled out as having had any involvement in her disappearance.

About 100 police, sniffer dogs, and SES volunteers searched bushland around the area yesterday.

Police said children's clothing found in bushland about 5km from the unit just before 2pm were not Kiesha's.

Last night another 90 SES volunteers were brought in to help detectives canvass the streets surrounding the missing girl's home.

Police called off the search at 10pm and will continue their efforts today.

















_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18621
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  lynn on Mon 2 Aug - 23:55

Missing for perhaps weeks, not days. Strange circumstances that sound familiar alright. Hope this child is found alive. Mother obviously lying.
avatar
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Dimsie on Tue 3 Aug - 0:57

I wonder if the McCanns, seeing the strong similarities in this case with those of the disappearance of Madeleine, will have by now sent a message of support to this little girls' parents? It's the least that could be expected, I think, as we know how interested they are in all missing children, not just Madeleine. Maybe we'll hear if they have done so, it would be interesting to know.
avatar
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  lynn on Tue 3 Aug - 3:09

This little girl has sad eyes and a sad face. Obviously has fallen through the cracks with regards to welfare departments. No sign of her yet. Somone has now said that the family know what has happened to her and are devastated. All sounds familiar. The latest news is the mother is now being questioned and a murder investigation is now underway. Glad these detectives in Australia are on the ball.
The mother has been taken into police custody. Tragic.


Last edited by lynn on Tue 3 Aug - 4:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more information)
avatar
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 4:14

Homicide squad takes over Kiesha case
AAP August 3, 2010, 11:43 am



Specialist homicide detectives have taken charge of the hunt for Sydney schoolgirl Kiesha Abrahams, with a newly-formed police strike force now treating the case as a murder investigation.

State Crime Command officers took control of the investigation on Tuesday after two full days of searching failed to provide any clear leads or sightings of the six-year-old.

Officers have widened their search, examining Whalan Reserve, an area of parkland about a kilometre west of Kiesha's home.

They will also search Ropes Creek, a waterway running from Cecil Park to Llandilo, which cuts through Whalan Reserve.

Extra units of police officers have joined the case, boosting the resources of newly formed Strike Force Jarocin.

It comes as Kiesha's step-grandmother rubbished speculation about the schoolgirl's welfare in the days before she disappeared from the family home in Woodstock Avenue, Mount Druitt.

There have been reports that Kiesha did not attend school for a week before she vanished and that she had not been seen in public for up to three weeks.

"These people are suffering and in turmoil, they're not interested in all this other stupid rubbish," Rebecca Smith, the mother of Kiesha's stepfather, told Fairfax newspapers on Tuesday.

Kiesha's mother, Kristy, told police she tucked her daughter into bed about 9.30pm (AEST) on Saturday.

She was reported missing the next morning.

Fruitless searches of the surrounding area, including bushland near Mount Druitt and Hebersham were carried out on Sunday and Monday.

Door-to-door inquiries of homes in and around Mount Druitt on Monday also failed to turn up any new leads.

Further doorknocks will be carried out on Tuesday night, police said.

"Strike Force Jarocin has been formed to examine the circumstances surrounding Kiesha's disappearance," a police statement said.

"Detectives are working closely with other government agencies as they continue their inquiries, which will include a review of Kiesha's school attendance records and any relevant welfare reports."

State Crime Command detectives and other police are due to address a media conference in Mount Druitt at midday on Tuesday (AEST).
Anyone who has seen Kiesha, described as being about 140cm tall, with blonde hair and blue eyes, should phone Mount Druitt Police Station on 9675 0000 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Guest on Tue 3 Aug - 5:40

Dimsie wrote:I wonder if the McCanns, seeing the strong similarities in this case with those of the disappearance of Madeleine, will have by now sent a message of support to this little girls' parents? It's the least that could be expected, I think, as we know how interested they are in all missing children, not just Madeleine. Maybe we'll hear if they have done so, it would be interesting to know.

Have they started up a Find Keisha Fund yet? Complete with heartwrenching pictures of Mummy sniggering behind sobbing into a stuffed animal.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Guest on Tue 3 Aug - 5:43

docmac wrote:Don't know if this will work. If not copy and paste the url into the address bar. What a beautiful little girl.




Also, the official police news flashes will be found, as and when they become available, at

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news

Please tell me that's not a coloboma in her right eye at approx 6 O'clock position????
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Panda on Tue 3 Aug - 6:39

TFG

No, I don"t think it is a coloboma.

Just read the first Article again and this caught my attention:-

"We are missing her dearly and we would just like her home ... there's a place missing at the dinner table," Mr Smith said.

Does this remark ring any Bells?
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 7:30

Panda wrote: TFG

No, I don"t think it is a coloboma.

Just read the first Article again and this caught my attention:-

"We are missing her dearly and we would just like her home ... there's a place missing at the dinner table," Mr Smith said.

Does this remark ring any Bells?

yep also she would never wander....... kate mcann said that about maddie didnt she?
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 7:32



The mother of a six year old girl missing from western Sydney has sobbed during an appeal to the public to find her daughter.

Kristi Abrahams held a tissue over her mouth and cried outside Mount Druitt police station.

She told police the last time she saw her daughter, Kiesha Abrahams, was Saturday night when she put her to bed.

Today the family appeared before reporters to ask for help to find her.

"If anyone has seen her can they please contact the police," her mother said, visibly upset.

When asked what her daughter was like, she replied, "she was beautiful" before breaking down.

Ms Abrahams' partner, Robert Smith, said they are finding it very hard.

"Last time I saw her was, we were watching a movie together, you know?" he said.

"Anyone, someone must know something. Please come forward. She's beautiful, you know? Funny, always happy."

Police say as far as they know, no-one else has sighted the girl since about July 9.

Detective Inspector Russell Oxford says that was when the girl's grandmother saw her.

"We have interviewed the parents, and they've given us an indication that she was put to bed at 9.30 pm on Saturday night," he said.

"It's important for us to fill in the gaps at the moment. We know that Kiesha had a young brother who was born, a young brother called Levi was born three and a half weeks ago. Now, that could be an important point in their life."

Detectives from the homicide and sex crimes squad are now involved in the investigation, but Detective Russell Oxford says that does not mean people should assume the worst.

"What we're simply dealing with is a disappearance of a young six-year-old child," he said.
NSW Police media said earlier reports that Ms Abrahams had been taken in for questioning were not true.



avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 7:33

so no one else but the parents have seen her since july 9??????? what the hell its august now

this is also similer to what kate mcann said


"Anyone, someone must know something. Please come forward. She's beautiful, you know? Funny, always happy.

kate mcann even said the you know!!!! this couldnt be a maddie copycat could it??? you know what else is weird she looks like the age inhanced picture of maddie aged 6 her face does anyway....
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 8:00

AnnaEsse wrote:http://www.news.com.au/national/little-kiesha-abrahams-was-rarely-seen-now-shes-gone/story-e6frfkvr-1225900329931



MISSING girl Kiesha Abrahams attended school just five days this year, sources revealed yesterday.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that Kiesha, who is in kindergarten, attended only five days at Mt Druitt Primary School this year.

The Education Department declined to comment but police confirmed they had spoken to a number of government agencies about Kiesha's absences from school and other welfare issues.

Kiesha was reported missing about 10am on Sunday when her mother Christie Abrahams noticed she was not in her bedroom in the family's unit in Hebersham, in western Sydney.

Ms Abrahams told police she last saw Kiesha about 9.30pm on Saturday when she put her to bed. The family said the unit's front door was ajar. There were also no signs of forced entry.

However, family and friends have told police they can't remember seeing Kiesha for about three weeks - about the time her half-brother Levi was born.

Police confirmed they were trying to build a timeline as to when Kiesha was last seen and events leading up to her disappearance.

Superintendent Wayne Cox said officers were looking at both Kiesha's long-term welfare and when she had last been seen by anyone other than her mother and stepfather Rob Smith.

"I believe she's had some absences and we're making inquiries," Supt Cox said.

"We are speaking to all family members and relatives to confirm the last sighting of Kiesha."

Mr Smith's brother, Jason Smith, said he had not seen the little girl since a party to celebrate Levi's birth.

He said his brother and Ms Abrahams were too grief stricken to talk.

Mr Smith's mother Rebecca said the family was aware of speculation that Kiesha had been missing for weeks, not days, but said that they "didn't care" what anyone else thought.

"We know the truth and the police know the truth," Ms Smith said.

Sound familiar? "We know the truth and God knows the truth."

"They can't talk. They just can't get the words out. They're too upset."

Ah, so they're 'non-functioning,' too!

Mr Smith and Ms Abrahams have been together four years and have two children - Brianna, 3, and Levi, three weeks. Ms Smith said her son had raised Kiesha as his own and was "devastated".

"It's so upsetting. They don't know what's happened to her," she said.

Kiesha's biological father, who lives nearby, has also been spoken to by police and has been ruled out as having had any involvement in her disappearance.

About 100 police, sniffer dogs, and SES volunteers searched bushland around the area yesterday.

Police said children's clothing found in bushland about 5km from the unit just before 2pm were not Kiesha's.

Last night another 90 SES volunteers were brought in to help detectives canvass the streets surrounding the missing girl's home.

Police called off the search at 10pm and will continue their efforts today.

















this almost reads likea mcann script
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Panda on Tue 3 Aug - 8:15

JFAK

If a Fund had been set up to search for her it would have been one step too far.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  fedrules on Tue 3 Aug - 8:20

How terrible and I agree with others that Keisha has sad eyes.

I have three children and none of them had anytime off school when their younger siblings were born.
Isn't 10 am rather late not to have noticed that a young child was no longer in their bed?
Not just the McCanns, but also Karen Matthews comes to mind. Could it be a case of faked abduction?
I am always suspicious of step fathers in such cases.

I hope this little girl will be found alive or has been taken by somebody who loves her (biological father or a member of his family).
avatar
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Panda on Tue 3 Aug - 8:42

fedrules wrote:How terrible and I agree with others that Keisha has sad eyes.

I have three children and none of them had anytime off school when their younger siblings were born.
Isn't 10 am rather late not to have noticed that a young child was no longer in their bed?
Not just the McCanns, but also Karen Matthews comes to mind. Could it be a case of faked abduction?
I am always suspicious of step fathers in such cases.

I hope this little girl will be found alive or has been taken by somebody who loves her (biological father or a

member of his family).

Fedrules,

It appears the biological Father has been interviewed and ruled out. What puzzles me though is why the School
or Child Welfare did not pick up on the little girl"s long absence from School.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  docmac on Tue 3 Aug - 8:55

Strike Force Jarocin has been formed to examine the circumstances surrounding Kiesha’s disappearance. Detectives are working closely with other government agencies as they continue their inquiries, which will include a review of Kiesha’s school attendance records and any relevant welfare reports.

Tick tock, IMO.
avatar
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Location : The Republic of Cape Town
Warning :
30 / 10030 / 100

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Kiesha's mother breaks down during briefing

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 3 Aug - 8:56

Sydney Morning Herald

(Video on the above link.)




The mother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams broke down today as she tried to tell a media briefing of her ordeal.

Wearing dark glasses and holding a handkerchief to her face, a tearful Kristi Abrahams cracked as she said: "Anyone that's seen her can they please go to the police."

Asked what Kiesha is like, she said: "She's beautiful" before breaking down.

Her partner, Robert Smith, told the media: "It's been hell."

"Anyway," he said, "someone must know something."

He said he could not describe what it had been like since Kiesha disappeared on Saturday.

"It gets harder by the minute," he said.

Asked if he had any suspicions where she might be, Mr Smith said: "I have no idea. If I had any idea we’d be there looking."

Mr Smith said that he last saw his stepdaughter when they were sitting around watching a movie on Saturday night.

He described Kiesha as a "bubbly girl" who loved playing with her sister and cousins.

Police were asked if the family was known to the Department of Community Service but did not want to comment.

Superintendent Wayne Cox said there had been an overwhelming response from the community through Facebook and some had wanted to join the search.

Police are searching bushland in Bidwill but there were no new leads in the case.

Police said that the little girl had not been to school since her little brother, Levi, was born 3½ weeks ago.

They also said it appeared the last time anyone other than direct family members had seen Kiesha was the weekend of July 7 and 8, which coincided with Levi’s birth.

Ms Abrahams has been staying at the home of Mr Smith's mother, Rebecca Smith, with Mr Smith and their two youngest children, Brianna, 2, and Levi, 3½ weeks.

After the press conference, she returned there.

Mrs Smith is looking after Kiesha's half-brother and half-sister.

She today defended her son and daughter-in-law, calling speculation about the welfare of Kiesha in the weeks leading up to her disappearance hurtful "rubbish".

Russell Oxford, from the state crime command said: "We are now three days into the investigation. We have done an extensive search, we have done an extensive door knock.

"Despite all these efforts we just haven't found Kiesha.

"The purpose of today's conference is to try and appeal to the community. We do hold genuine hope that we will find [Kiesha] safe again.

"The mere fact that homicide became involved in this investigation ... is simply just the fact that it's a sensible move on the police's part to provide the best expertise, so having homicide and sex crimes on board [is for that reason]."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18621
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 3 Aug - 8:58

docmac wrote:Strike Force Jarocin has been formed to examine the circumstances surrounding Kiesha’s disappearance. Detectives are working closely with other government agencies as they continue their inquiries, which will include a review of Kiesha’s school attendance records and any relevant welfare reports.

Tick tock, IMO.

IMO too doc! Asked if the Welfare services had had any contact with the family, the answer was, 'No comment.'

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18621
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 9:00



The Sydney Morning Herald

Kiesha's uncle appeals for help

Kiesha Abrahams's uncle makes an emotional appeal for help to find his missing six-year-old niece. CRIME STOPPERS: 1800 333 000

The grandmother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams says speculation over the welfare of her granddaughter in the lead-up to her disappearance on Sunday is hurtful "rubbish".

As the search for the quiet but happy six-year-old passed the crucial 48-hour mark today, police confirmed they were reviewing Kiesha's kindergarten attendance record and "any relevant welfare reports".

But the woman Kiesha calls "Nanna", her stepfather's mother, Rebecca Smith, hit out at suggestions the girl was not being cared for properly and had not been seen by anyone outside her immediate family for up to three weeks.
Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat.

Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat. Photo: James Alcock

"I think it's a load of rubbish. People have nothing better to do with their time and if they don't know the truth then they make up rubbish," Mrs Smith said.

"These people are suffering and in turmoil; they're not interested in all this other stupid rubbish.

"I try and protect them from all this other crap - I'm sorry but that's what it is."

Kiesha's mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, as well as Kiesha's half-sister Brianna, 2, and half-brother Levi, 3½ weeks, are staying with Mrs Smith in her home in Bidwill.

Police today exhausted a search of Whalan Park and Ropes Creek, which are both near the flat in Woodstock Avenue, Mount Druitt, in which Kiesha lives with her family.

The commander of Mount Druitt police, Superintendent Wayne Cox, said the 35 police and 36 SES volunteers dedicated to finding Kiesha will now move north to search bushland near Bidwill and Shalvey.

"Then come darkness we'll be moving on to doorknocking and canvassing to extend our perimeter there," Superintendent Cox said.

Strike Force Jarocin was formed today to investigate Kiesha's disappearance.

The girl was reportedly last seen when her mother tucked her into bed on Saturday, about 9.30pm.

Mrs Smith said her son and Ms Abrahams, watched a movie and put Kiesha to bed.

"All I know is what she told me. They got up in the morning and searched frantically and couldn't find her," Mrs Smith said.

In addition to the ground search, a forensics team combing the family's brick flat for clues will focus on the front door, which was found ajar on Sunday morning, when Ms Abrahams realised her daughter was missing.

"[Whether there was] forced entry is being looked at by [the] crime scene [team]; we're gaining as much physical evidence as we can from the scene," Superintendent Cox said.

He acknowledged time was against police, now that the search was entering its third day.

"It's obviously concerning to know that we have a six-year-old girl still missing and her welfare is still the most important thing on our minds," Superintendent Cox said.

"We still hold hope but as time marches on it does become more difficult and we continue to appeal for public assistance in relation to this matter."

He refused to answer questions about Kiesha's welfare in recent times or when she was last seen at school.

Superintendent Cox also would not say whether Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith were suspects in the police investigation.

"We're looking at a range of scenarios from a wandering child at large through to something more sinister, which may be an abduction," Superintendent Cox said.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams was a good mother and Mr Smith was "the father Kiesha always wanted".

She said she was not aware of any welfare agencies or other authorities raising concerns about Kiesha's situation.

It was reported today that Kiesha had attended just five days of kindergarten at Mount Druitt Public School this year.

Police said yesterday the girl was not at school at all last week.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams told her Kiesha went to school every day.

The last time she can remember seeing her granddaughter was at a family birthday party three weeks ago, the same party at which Kiesha's uncle, Jason Smith, remembers last seeing her.

"I can't remember if I saw her since but she had a great time, playing with farm animals and running around with all the other kids," Mrs Smith said.

Kiesha would often spend time at her grandmother's Bidwill home, Mrs Smith said.

"She used to come over to my house, she loved playing in the backyard, riding her bike, going to the park," she said.

"We just want the little girl found but we've just got to leave it in the hands of the police."
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Justiceforallkids on Tue 3 Aug - 9:01

Justiceforallkids wrote:

The Sydney Morning Herald

Kiesha's uncle appeals for help

Kiesha Abrahams's uncle makes an emotional appeal for help to find his missing six-year-old niece. CRIME STOPPERS: 1800 333 000

The grandmother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams says speculation over the welfare of her granddaughter in the lead-up to her disappearance on Sunday is hurtful "rubbish".

As the search for the quiet but happy six-year-old passed the crucial 48-hour mark today, police confirmed they were reviewing Kiesha's kindergarten attendance record and "any relevant welfare reports".

But the woman Kiesha calls "Nanna", her stepfather's mother, Rebecca Smith, hit out at suggestions the girl was not being cared for properly and had not been seen by anyone outside her immediate family for up to three weeks.
Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat.

Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat. Photo: James Alcock

"I think it's a load of rubbish. People have nothing better to do with their time and if they don't know the truth then they make up rubbish," Mrs Smith said.

"These people are suffering and in turmoil; they're not interested in all this other stupid rubbish.

"I try and protect them from all this other crap - I'm sorry but that's what it is."

Kiesha's mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, as well as Kiesha's half-sister Brianna, 2, and half-brother Levi, 3½ weeks, are staying with Mrs Smith in her home in Bidwill.

Police today exhausted a search of Whalan Park and Ropes Creek, which are both near the flat in Woodstock Avenue, Mount Druitt, in which Kiesha lives with her family.

The commander of Mount Druitt police, Superintendent Wayne Cox, said the 35 police and 36 SES volunteers dedicated to finding Kiesha will now move north to search bushland near Bidwill and Shalvey.

"Then come darkness we'll be moving on to doorknocking and canvassing to extend our perimeter there," Superintendent Cox said.

Strike Force Jarocin was formed today to investigate Kiesha's disappearance.

The girl was reportedly last seen when her mother tucked her into bed on Saturday, about 9.30pm.

Mrs Smith said her son and Ms Abrahams, watched a movie and put Kiesha to bed.

"All I know is what she told me. They got up in the morning and searched frantically and couldn't find her," Mrs Smith said.

In addition to the ground search, a forensics team combing the family's brick flat for clues will focus on the front door, which was found ajar on Sunday morning, when Ms Abrahams realised her daughter was missing.

"[Whether there was] forced entry is being looked at by [the] crime scene [team]; we're gaining as much physical evidence as we can from the scene," Superintendent Cox said.

He acknowledged time was against police, now that the search was entering its third day.

"It's obviously concerning to know that we have a six-year-old girl still missing and her welfare is still the most important thing on our minds," Superintendent Cox said.

"We still hold hope but as time marches on it does become more difficult and we continue to appeal for public assistance in relation to this matter."

He refused to answer questions about Kiesha's welfare in recent times or when she was last seen at school.

Superintendent Cox also would not say whether Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith were suspects in the police investigation.

"We're looking at a range of scenarios from a wandering child at large through to something more sinister, which may be an abduction," Superintendent Cox said.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams was a good mother and Mr Smith was "the father Kiesha always wanted".

She said she was not aware of any welfare agencies or other authorities raising concerns about Kiesha's situation.

It was reported today that Kiesha had attended just five days of kindergarten at Mount Druitt Public School this year.

Police said yesterday the girl was not at school at all last week.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams told her Kiesha went to school every day.

The last time she can remember seeing her granddaughter was at a family birthday party three weeks ago, the same party at which Kiesha's uncle, Jason Smith, remembers last seeing her.

"I can't remember if I saw her since but she had a great time, playing with farm animals and running around with all the other kids," Mrs Smith said.

Kiesha would often spend time at her grandmother's Bidwill home, Mrs Smith said.

"She used to come over to my house, she loved playing in the backyard, riding her bike, going to the park," she said.

"We just want the little girl found but we've just got to leave it in the hands of the police."

oh dear where have we heard hurtful before?
avatar
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 38
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 3 Aug - 9:06

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

The Sydney Morning Herald

Kiesha's uncle appeals for help

Kiesha Abrahams's uncle makes an emotional appeal for help to find his missing six-year-old niece. CRIME STOPPERS: 1800 333 000

The grandmother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams says speculation over the welfare of her granddaughter in the lead-up to her disappearance on Sunday is hurtful "rubbish".

As the search for the quiet but happy six-year-old passed the crucial 48-hour mark today, police confirmed they were reviewing Kiesha's kindergarten attendance record and "any relevant welfare reports".

But the woman Kiesha calls "Nanna", her stepfather's mother, Rebecca Smith, hit out at suggestions the girl was not being cared for properly and had not been seen by anyone outside her immediate family for up to three weeks.
Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat.

Search for clues ... police inside Kiesha's family's flat. Photo: James Alcock

"I think it's a load of rubbish. People have nothing better to do with their time and if they don't know the truth then they make up rubbish," Mrs Smith said.

"These people are suffering and in turmoil; they're not interested in all this other stupid rubbish.

"I try and protect them from all this other crap - I'm sorry but that's what it is."

Kiesha's mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, as well as Kiesha's half-sister Brianna, 2, and half-brother Levi, 3½ weeks, are staying with Mrs Smith in her home in Bidwill.

Police today exhausted a search of Whalan Park and Ropes Creek, which are both near the flat in Woodstock Avenue, Mount Druitt, in which Kiesha lives with her family.

The commander of Mount Druitt police, Superintendent Wayne Cox, said the 35 police and 36 SES volunteers dedicated to finding Kiesha will now move north to search bushland near Bidwill and Shalvey.

"Then come darkness we'll be moving on to doorknocking and canvassing to extend our perimeter there," Superintendent Cox said.

Strike Force Jarocin was formed today to investigate Kiesha's disappearance.

The girl was reportedly last seen when her mother tucked her into bed on Saturday, about 9.30pm.

Mrs Smith said her son and Ms Abrahams, watched a movie and put Kiesha to bed.

"All I know is what she told me. They got up in the morning and searched frantically and couldn't find her," Mrs Smith said.

In addition to the ground search, a forensics team combing the family's brick flat for clues will focus on the front door, which was found ajar on Sunday morning, when Ms Abrahams realised her daughter was missing.

"[Whether there was] forced entry is being looked at by [the] crime scene [team]; we're gaining as much physical evidence as we can from the scene," Superintendent Cox said.

He acknowledged time was against police, now that the search was entering its third day.

"It's obviously concerning to know that we have a six-year-old girl still missing and her welfare is still the most important thing on our minds," Superintendent Cox said.

"We still hold hope but as time marches on it does become more difficult and we continue to appeal for public assistance in relation to this matter."

He refused to answer questions about Kiesha's welfare in recent times or when she was last seen at school.

Superintendent Cox also would not say whether Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith were suspects in the police investigation.

"We're looking at a range of scenarios from a wandering child at large through to something more sinister, which may be an abduction," Superintendent Cox said.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams was a good mother and Mr Smith was "the father Kiesha always wanted".

She said she was not aware of any welfare agencies or other authorities raising concerns about Kiesha's situation.

It was reported today that Kiesha had attended just five days of kindergarten at Mount Druitt Public School this year.

Police said yesterday the girl was not at school at all last week.

Mrs Smith said Ms Abrahams told her Kiesha went to school every day.

The last time she can remember seeing her granddaughter was at a family birthday party three weeks ago, the same party at which Kiesha's uncle, Jason Smith, remembers last seeing her.

"I can't remember if I saw her since but she had a great time, playing with farm animals and running around with all the other kids," Mrs Smith said.

Kiesha would often spend time at her grandmother's Bidwill home, Mrs Smith said.

"She used to come over to my house, she loved playing in the backyard, riding her bike, going to the park," she said.

"We just want the little girl found but we've just got to leave it in the hands of the police."

oh dear where have we heard hurtful before?

Carly, I think I noticed a 'ludicrous,' yesterday!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18621
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: missing 6 year old australian girl Kiesha

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum