Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divorce war mum stabs three kids

+11
Roasted Arizona
wjk
Sandi
wantthetruth
Eve
RIORITA
Panda
kitti
aqeleega
margaret
chrissie
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Empty Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  Panda Thu 5 Aug - 14:56

RIORITA wrote:Panda Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 306321 I just feel that there seems to be an awful lot of this going
on. For the life of me I do not understand it. As a Mother
the instinct is to PROTECT your family from any kind of harm.
It just seems it's all ME ME ME. An animal would protect there
young better than some parents.

It"s because of the custody battle and the Mother must have been worried she might not have custody that she
thought "well if I can"t have them, he won"t either.".........selfish,. selfish, selfish.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Empty Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  RIORITA Thu 5 Aug - 16:13

Panda wrote:
RIORITA wrote:Panda Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 306321 I just feel that there seems to be an awful lot of this going
on. For the life of me I do not understand it. As a Mother
the instinct is to PROTECT your family from any kind of harm.
It just seems it's all ME ME ME. An animal would protect there
young better than some parents.

It"s because of the custody battle and the Mother must have been worried she might not have custody that she
thought "well if I can"t have them, he won"t either.".........selfish,. selfish, selfish.

Spot on Panda, but my G.d what a world we live in!
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :
Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 5 Aug - 16:13

I try to be open-minded and not to judge others too harshly, but I cannot understand how anyone can do something as cruel to their three innocent children. How terrifying for the poor kids and how awful their father must be feeling now. It just seems to be utterly self-centred.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Aug - 16:19

fedrules wrote:I try to be open-minded and not to judge others too harshly, but I cannot understand how anyone can do something as cruel to their three innocent children. How terrifying for the poor kids and how awful their father must be feeling now. It just seems to be utterly self-centred.

I share those thoughts fedrules. There are witnesses who said they heard screaming and there's the handyman who came out of the house crying. It must have been a pretty awful scene. I hope the mother is kept on close suicide watch if/when she recovers so that she will have to face a court of law for what she did.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Thu 5 Aug - 17:52

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 306321

I just don't understand how any mother or father can harm or kill their children, and the awful thing is it is happening time and time again years ago you never heard of anything like this happening what is going on, it make you sick when you hear what parents can do their children for that to have happened to them beautiful children, if the mother did kill them what was the mother thinking off
Eve
Eve
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 225
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Aug - 19:09

They lived in Westhills, which is a middle-class suburb of Abereen - lots of oil workers live out there. I have friends who stay there too, I'll ask around and see what I can find out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Thu 5 Aug - 20:29

I cannot understand this at all Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 389741 how could she???????
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandi Thu 5 Aug - 21:00

I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.
Sandi
Sandi
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 266
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-07-06

Back to top Go down

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Empty Judge's fear before Edinburgh kids' deaths

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Aug - 21:30

Sky News

A judge warned that three children caught up in a custody battle were in need of protection - just 24 hours before they were found dead, it has emerged.

When their mother failed to turn up to a divorce hearing in Edinburgh on Tuesday, Judge Lady Clark told social services the youngsters may need help.

She ordered the court's Messengers at Arms to search for 46-year-old Theresa Riggi and instructed social services to supervise the children and file for special protection orders if necessary.

But on Wednesday, the bodies of twin boys Augustino and Gianluca Riggi, eight, and their five-year-old sister Cecilia Riggi were found in a block of flats.

Firefighters made the discovery when they were responding to reports of a gas leak and an explosion in the city.

Mrs Riggi is said to have jumped from the third floor. She is currently sedated and in a serious but stable condition at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.

Detectives are treating the children's deaths as suspicious and police are waiting to speak to the mother.

Officers have warned, however, that it is too early to determine the cause of death. A criminal investigation has been launched.

Detective Superintendent Allan Jones said: "First and foremost our thoughts are with the children's family, and we are doing what we can to support them at this tragic time."

He added: "We are not in a position to speak to the woman yet and we will take advice from her doctors as to when that can happen.

"We would like to do that to get a true background to the events of yesterday and find out exactly what happened within the house."

Sky News correspondent Tom Parmenter said neighbours reported smelling gas in the early hours and then hearing a bang later in the day.

Police said investigations have shown there was no fault with the gas supply at the modern apartment block.

"Neighbours said she was on the balcony shouting and screaming," Parmenter said.

Neighbour Fattah Hamami, 19, said: "I think she dropped herself from the third-floor balcony."

Omar Barifah, 20, added: "I've been told by neighbours she jumped."

Mrs Riggi is in a serious but stable condition and is heavily sedated.

"Sky sources understand that Mrs Riggi has been at the centre of a custody dispute with the children's father," Parmenter said.

It emerged that Mrs Riggi and her children had been reported missing from their home in Skene, Aberdeenshire on July 4, before being at the rented flat in Edinburgh on July 21.

Police have confirmed they had dealings with Mrs Riggi at that time and are investigating what other involvement officers may have had with her.

"This is a sad set of circumstances," Parmenter said.

The children's father, Pasquale Riggi, 46, was in Aberdeen when informed of their deaths by police.

He has been interviewed by officers and provided background information but is not a suspect.

Mr Riggi has worked for oil giant Shell since 1987 and has lived in the country for 13 years.

In a statement, Shell said: "This is obviously a human tragedy of proportions that most of us find hard to comprehend and our thoughts are with Pasquale and his family."

A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out on the children."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 5 Aug - 21:44

Beggars belief that a mother could do that to her children. Bless them.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 5 Aug - 21:52

Sleep tight, little ones xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 5 Aug - 21:52

Is this really happening more often these days....or is it just reported more? It seems that almost every other week there is either a mother or father killing their kids. I just don't get it.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Aug - 21:57

Roasted Arizona wrote:Is this really happening more often these days....or is it just reported more? It seems that almost every other week there is either a mother or father killing their kids. I just don't get it.

Me neither RA. I have been wondering the same: is this more prevalent or is it just that we have more immediate access to more news? As a child I never heard of anything like this. And I only ever heard of one girl going missing and never being found in my town. That's if you don't count Fred West's first wife who lived there briefly!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 5 Aug - 21:59

Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.
'
I find it hard to imagine that a mother would be denied access to her children unless there were very grave concerns about their safety when in her care. Maybe the mental instability was already there and this was why she was going to be denied custody. I don't know the details of the case, but seeing the faces of those three children, it seems incredible that a mother could put an end to their lives in such a brutal manner.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 5 Aug - 22:06

Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Aug - 22:24

dazedandconfused wrote:

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.

Dazedandconfused, I really feel for you. I have one grandson and if that happened to me I would be so devastated. Your son's partner is punishing you for what she feels your son has done wrong and that is so cruel. Your grandson has rights too, he has the right to see you and it's cruel for him too to be denied that right.

I think that mother must have some serious mental health issues that led the judge to be concerned for the children's safety. I don't think it's all that unusual for someone not to turn up at court for a custody hearing, but for the judge to suggest that a safety order might be required is probably unusual. I guess we'll find out eventually. I think it's the manner of the children's death that's most shocking if they were stabbed. Such a horrific thing to do to one's own children.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 5 Aug - 22:34

A quote from the Daily Mail:
'On Tuesday, the Court of Session heard the mother objected to her estranged husband seeing the children and had equipped them with mobile phones and personal alarms when they visited him.

Reports prepared as part of the divorce action advised contact between father and children and said there would be no problems with the youngsters living with him.
The court heard the couple disagreed over their education. He wanted them to go to school, she was home schooling them'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300340/Police-quiz-mother-3-children-stabbed-death-Edinburgh-flat.html#ixzz0vllzLJSk
Sounds like an odd and very controlling mother to me..
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 5 Aug - 22:36

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:

Dazedandconfused, I really feel for you. I have one grandson and if that happened to me I would be so devastated. Your son's partner is punishing you for what she feels your son has done wrong and that is so cruel. Your grandson has rights too, he has the right to see you and it's cruel for him too to be denied that right.

I think that mother must have some serious mental health issues that led the judge to be concerned for the children's safety. I don't think it's all that unusual for someone not to turn up at court for a custody hearing, but for the judge to suggest that a safety order might be required is probably unusual. I guess we'll find out eventually. I think it's the manner of the children's death that's most shocking if they were stabbed. Such a horrific thing to do to one's own children.

Thanks for the reply Anna. I've come over all tearful now so best I be off for the night. xx
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Thu 5 Aug - 22:37

aqeleega wrote:It seems every week we are now hearing of parents killing their children. What is going on? Is this the affects of the recession where lack of money is causing the break-up of families and sending people do-lally?

This story is heart-breaking. How could a mother stab her own children.

You can't imagine, can't you. But this sorts of family drama's are hard to prevent. Poor poog kids
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 5 Aug - 22:41

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that men are more often responsible for such crimes than women. There have been several cases of fathers killing their whole families before committing suicide here in Switzerland.
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 5 Aug - 23:02

dazedandconfused wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:

Thanks for the reply Anna. I've come over all tearful now so best I be off for the night. xx

Good night then. Sleep well.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Empty Mother faces prosecution

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 6 Aug - 20:12

Sky News

The mother of three young children found dead in their Edinburgh home is facing prosecution over the deaths.

The bodies of eight-year-old twins Augustino and Gianluca Riggi and their sister Cecilia, five, were found on Wednesday.

The discovery followed reports of an explosion at the family home, in a modern townhouse in Slateford Road, in the Scottish capital city.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court has now issued a petition warrant for the children's mother Theresa Riggi.

Mrs Riggi, 46, is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after apparently falling from the second floor of the building.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "We can confirm that the procurator fiscal at Edinburgh has received a report concerning a 46-year-old woman in connection with an incident in Edinburgh on August 4, 2010.

"The report is currently under consideration."

The warrant was issued after post-mortem examinations were carried out on the children. It is thought the results showed they died before the explosion.

A report has now been submitted to the procurator fiscal who will decide whether to pursue a prosecution and what the charges will be.

Mrs Riggi's husband Pasquale Riggi said: "Our family is struggling to come to terms with the immense and tragic loss of three beautiful children."

The family came from California and Colorado and Mr Riggi has worked for Shell since 1987.

He has been in Aberdeen for a number of years and in the country for 13 years."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 Empty Theresa Riggi charged with murdering her three children

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 7 Aug - 8:02

Divorce war mum stabs three kids - Page 2 15677636

The mother of three young children found dead in their Edinburgh home has been charged with their murders.

Theresa Riggi, 46, was arrested over the deaths of her eight-year-old twins Augustino and Gianluca, and their sister Cecilia, five.

The children's bodies were found at their home in Slateford Road following reports of an explosion on Wednesday.

Riggi is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after apparently falling from the second floor of the building.

It was initially thought the children had died in a gas explosion, but police later said there was no fault with the supply.

Riggi was found injured on the ground outside the house, after apparently falling from the second floor.

She is still in a "serious but stable" condition in Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary hospital, police said.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "Due to the medical condition of the accused, it is not at this time known when she will appear in court."

The youngsters' father Pasquale Riggi said the deaths of his three "beautiful" children were an "immense and tragic loss".

Mr Riggi was traced to an address in Aberdeen following the deaths.

He said: "Thanks to all who have offered such great comfort and support."

The family came from California and Colorado and Mr Riggi has worked for Shell since 1987.

He has been in Aberdeen for a number of years and in the country for 13 years."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum