Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  wjk on Thu 5 Aug - 21:52

Sleep tight, little ones xx

wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7812
Age : 51
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  Roasted Arizona on Thu 5 Aug - 21:52

Is this really happening more often these days....or is it just reported more? It seems that almost every other week there is either a mother or father killing their kids. I just don't get it.

Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 717
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 5 Aug - 21:57

Roasted Arizona wrote:Is this really happening more often these days....or is it just reported more? It seems that almost every other week there is either a mother or father killing their kids. I just don't get it.

Me neither RA. I have been wondering the same: is this more prevalent or is it just that we have more immediate access to more news? As a child I never heard of anything like this. And I only ever heard of one girl going missing and never being found in my town. That's if you don't count Fred West's first wife who lived there briefly!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  fedrules on Thu 5 Aug - 21:59

Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.
'
I find it hard to imagine that a mother would be denied access to her children unless there were very grave concerns about their safety when in her care. Maybe the mental instability was already there and this was why she was going to be denied custody. I don't know the details of the case, but seeing the faces of those three children, it seems incredible that a mother could put an end to their lives in such a brutal manner.

fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  dazedandconfused on Thu 5 Aug - 22:06

Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 5 Aug - 22:24

dazedandconfused wrote:
Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.

Dazedandconfused, I really feel for you. I have one grandson and if that happened to me I would be so devastated. Your son's partner is punishing you for what she feels your son has done wrong and that is so cruel. Your grandson has rights too, he has the right to see you and it's cruel for him too to be denied that right.

I think that mother must have some serious mental health issues that led the judge to be concerned for the children's safety. I don't think it's all that unusual for someone not to turn up at court for a custody hearing, but for the judge to suggest that a safety order might be required is probably unusual. I guess we'll find out eventually. I think it's the manner of the children's death that's most shocking if they were stabbed. Such a horrific thing to do to one's own children.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  fedrules on Thu 5 Aug - 22:34

A quote from the Daily Mail:
'On Tuesday, the Court of Session heard the mother objected to her estranged husband seeing the children and had equipped them with mobile phones and personal alarms when they visited him.

Reports prepared as part of the divorce action advised contact between father and children and said there would be no problems with the youngsters living with him.
The court heard the couple disagreed over their education. He wanted them to go to school, she was home schooling them'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1300340/Police-quiz-mother-3-children-stabbed-death-Edinburgh-flat.html#ixzz0vllzLJSk
Sounds like an odd and very controlling mother to me..

fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  dazedandconfused on Thu 5 Aug - 22:36

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.

Dazedandconfused, I really feel for you. I have one grandson and if that happened to me I would be so devastated. Your son's partner is punishing you for what she feels your son has done wrong and that is so cruel. Your grandson has rights too, he has the right to see you and it's cruel for him too to be denied that right.

I think that mother must have some serious mental health issues that led the judge to be concerned for the children's safety. I don't think it's all that unusual for someone not to turn up at court for a custody hearing, but for the judge to suggest that a safety order might be required is probably unusual. I guess we'll find out eventually. I think it's the manner of the children's death that's most shocking if they were stabbed. Such a horrific thing to do to one's own children.

Thanks for the reply Anna. I've come over all tearful now so best I be off for the night. xx

dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  Bebootje on Thu 5 Aug - 22:37

aqeleega wrote:It seems every week we are now hearing of parents killing their children. What is going on? Is this the affects of the recession where lack of money is causing the break-up of families and sending people do-lally?

This story is heart-breaking. How could a mother stab her own children.

You can't imagine, can't you. But this sorts of family drama's are hard to prevent. Poor poog kids

Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Age : 54
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  fedrules on Thu 5 Aug - 22:41

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have the feeling that men are more often responsible for such crimes than women. There have been several cases of fathers killing their whole families before committing suicide here in Switzerland.

fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 5 Aug - 23:02

dazedandconfused wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Sandi wrote:I think we have our children and our grand children around us, but to be honest I wonder what state of mind we would be in if all of a sudden someone told us we are never going to see our children again, or our grand children and that we would never be part of their lives.

It is so easy for us to comment and wonder how she could do this but until we are in that situation do we actually know what torment she must have been under knowing that she could be losing her children. Just imagine having to put your children to bed at night and spend the day with them and then having the knowledge that at a later date they could be removed from you and you would not be doing what you are doing ever again.

We are talking about this as sane rational people, but her state of mind must have been irrational and a complete mixture of torment, dread, fear, anguish etc.

I'm a grandparent and my son and his partner are locked in battle and the mother has told us we will never see our grandson ever again. I'm totally devastated and grief stricken by this but the thought of ever harming him or any of my loved ones is abhorrent. So much trauma in my life at present that I have the above mixture of feelings but I think there is something evil inside someone who could do this, no matter what suffering they are going through. If my pain got so unbearable that I couldn't go on, I could envisage ending my own life, but to take innocents with me just doesn't enter into it.

Dazedandconfused, I really feel for you. I have one grandson and if that happened to me I would be so devastated. Your son's partner is punishing you for what she feels your son has done wrong and that is so cruel. Your grandson has rights too, he has the right to see you and it's cruel for him too to be denied that right.

I think that mother must have some serious mental health issues that led the judge to be concerned for the children's safety. I don't think it's all that unusual for someone not to turn up at court for a custody hearing, but for the judge to suggest that a safety order might be required is probably unusual. I guess we'll find out eventually. I think it's the manner of the children's death that's most shocking if they were stabbed. Such a horrific thing to do to one's own children.

Thanks for the reply Anna. I've come over all tearful now so best I be off for the night. xx

Good night then. Sleep well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Mother faces prosecution

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 6 Aug - 20:12

Sky News

The mother of three young children found dead in their Edinburgh home is facing prosecution over the deaths.

The bodies of eight-year-old twins Augustino and Gianluca Riggi and their sister Cecilia, five, were found on Wednesday.

The discovery followed reports of an explosion at the family home, in a modern townhouse in Slateford Road, in the Scottish capital city.

Edinburgh Sheriff Court has now issued a petition warrant for the children's mother Theresa Riggi.

Mrs Riggi, 46, is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after apparently falling from the second floor of the building.

A Crown Office spokesman said: "We can confirm that the procurator fiscal at Edinburgh has received a report concerning a 46-year-old woman in connection with an incident in Edinburgh on August 4, 2010.

"The report is currently under consideration."

The warrant was issued after post-mortem examinations were carried out on the children. It is thought the results showed they died before the explosion.

A report has now been submitted to the procurator fiscal who will decide whether to pursue a prosecution and what the charges will be.

Mrs Riggi's husband Pasquale Riggi said: "Our family is struggling to come to terms with the immense and tragic loss of three beautiful children."

The family came from California and Colorado and Mr Riggi has worked for Shell since 1987.

He has been in Aberdeen for a number of years and in the country for 13 years."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Theresa Riggi charged with murdering her three children

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 7 Aug - 8:02



The mother of three young children found dead in their Edinburgh home has been charged with their murders.

Theresa Riggi, 46, was arrested over the deaths of her eight-year-old twins Augustino and Gianluca, and their sister Cecilia, five.

The children's bodies were found at their home in Slateford Road following reports of an explosion on Wednesday.

Riggi is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after apparently falling from the second floor of the building.

It was initially thought the children had died in a gas explosion, but police later said there was no fault with the supply.

Riggi was found injured on the ground outside the house, after apparently falling from the second floor.

She is still in a "serious but stable" condition in Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary hospital, police said.

A Lothian and Borders Police spokesman said: "Due to the medical condition of the accused, it is not at this time known when she will appear in court."

The youngsters' father Pasquale Riggi said the deaths of his three "beautiful" children were an "immense and tragic loss".

Mr Riggi was traced to an address in Aberdeen following the deaths.

He said: "Thanks to all who have offered such great comfort and support."

The family came from California and Colorado and Mr Riggi has worked for Shell since 1987.

He has been in Aberdeen for a number of years and in the country for 13 years."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18464
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Divorce war mum stabs three kids

Post  Sponsored content Today at 17:25


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum