Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Female teacher who abused boys, 8, in 1970s shows no remorse

Go down

Female teacher who abused boys, 8, in 1970s shows no remorse Empty Female teacher who abused boys, 8, in 1970s shows no remorse

Post  Guest Wed 11 Aug - 11:48

Female teacher who abused boys, 8, in 1970s shows no remorse

July 21, 2010

A FEMALE teacher who abused two eight-year-old boys in the 1970s is not remorseful, a court heard today.

The County Court was told Josephine Mary Greensill, 59, formerly Josephine Sumpton, denied sexually abusing her Grade 3 students, despite being convicted by a jury of nine counts of indecent assault.

The court heard Greensill, then 29, had sex with the boys in a tent in the backyard of her Montrose home.

When asked by Judge Gabriele Canon about Greensill's remorse, lawyer Chris Carr said his client had none.

"I say nothing about remorse,'' he said. "There's no admission, there's no remorse.''

Prosecutor John Livitsanos told the court Greensill's molestation of the Bayswater Primary School students was pre-meditated.

He said Greensill, of Altona Meadows, repeatedly asked the mother of one of the victims if the child could stay at her house and despite initially being told no, she persisted until the mother relented.

You couldn't find an example of worse kind of offending,'' Mr Livitsanos said.

"Both victims didn't know what was going on. They had never had sex before and were not really in tune with what sex was.''

In victim impact statements tendered to the court, both men said Greensill's abuse had made them distrustful of women and resulted in unhappy relationships.

"What she did will haunt me to the day I die,'' one of the victims said in his statement.

"It's cost me my childhood.''

Judge Canon described the crimes as a gross breach of trust.

"She exploited her position,'' Judge Canon said.

Mr Carr said his client's offending was an isolated incident and she was otherwise an "admirable citizen'' who selflessly contributed to her community.

Mr Livitsanos called for Greensill to be jailed for five to seven years with a non-parole period of three to five years.

Mr Carr said this was higher than the appropriate range.

The mother of five will be remanded in custody and be sentenced by Judge Canon on August 10.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/female-teacher-who-abused-boys-8-in-1970s-shows-no-remorse/story-e6frf7kx-1225895103994

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/21/2960149.htm?site=centralvic

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/teacher-abused-eightyearold-pupils-20100721-10klc.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down