Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Imagine you are Chancellor of the Exchequer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imagine you are Chancellor of the Exchequer

Post  Panda on Wed 18 Aug - 17:37

With the catastrophes in Pakistan and Russia, we know we face a Wheat and Rice shortage.

The Rate of inflation in the U.K,. is currently 3.1 %, higher than expected.

Mervyn King is opting for "quantitive easing", another expression for printing more money with no asset to
back it up.

America is facing a massive jobless increase, the Banks, Investment Companies etc will set up abroad rather
than be hamstrung by new regulations, the U.K will be affected by this if it happens.

What would you do to stimulate the Economy, pay back this huge Debt as quickly as you can, try to maintain the same level of expenditure on essential Services .

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Imagine you are Chancellor of the Exchequer

Post  Badboy on Wed 18 Aug - 17:40

I might encourage everyone to do things like setng up adsense websites to bring in extra income,ebaying as well,encourage people to try to be an export/importing etc

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7736
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool on Wed 18 Aug - 18:12

Panda wrote:

With the catastrophes in Pakistan and Russia, we know we face a Wheat and Rice shortage.

The Rate of inflation in the U.K,. is currently 3.1 %, higher than expected.

Mervyn King is opting for "quantitive easing", another expression for printing more money with no asset to
back it up.

America is facing a massive jobless increase, the Banks, Investment Companies etc will set up abroad rather
than be hamstrung by new regulations, the U.K will be affected by this if it happens.

What would you do to stimulate the Economy, pay back this huge Debt as quickly as you can, try to maintain the same level of expenditure on essential Services .
Starting a war used to work quite well in generating full time employment and thinning out the excess population.... I'm not so sure we could do that now as most of our previous foes are now our buddies.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13376
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Wed 18 Aug - 19:06

Nah.....we don"t want any more lives lost. In fact, I would pull all our Troops out of Afghanistan, too many young lives lost and we will never win the hearts and minds of the Population. Iraq is a prime example.

I would also abandon Trident as a Defense and instead build a Network of Top Agents like Mossad who would
help keep our Country safe.

The money saved would be put to more practical use. I have a few more ideas but would like other posters
ideas.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:29