Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  margaret on Wed 1 Sep - 11:32

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Four-Children-Found-Dead-In-Freezer-In-Turkey-Father-Finds-Bodies-After-Game-Apparently-Goes-Wrong/Article/201008415709998?lpos=World_News_News_Your_Way_Region_4&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15709998_Four_Children_Found_Dead_In_Freezer_In_Turkey%3A_Father_Finds_Bodies_After_Game_Apparently_Goes_Wrong


Dad Finds His Children Dead In A Freezer

9:44am UK, Wednesday September 01, 2010

Andy Winter, Sky News Online
Four children have been found dead in a freezer after a game of hide and seek apparently went tragically wrong.

The freezer in which the bodies were found

The bodies of the youngsters - all brothers and sisters aged between six and 11 - were discovered by their father in central Turkey.

After realising he had not seen his children for a while, the father, who works as a shepherd, found them at an abandoned house in Konya.

Huseyin Baysal, the town's mayor, told NTV: "The children went to play after breakfast and got into a freezer, which then closed and locked, trapping them inside."

The four are believed to have suffocated, although post-mortems are due to be carried out.

An investigation into the deaths has been opened.

The children's family have questioned whether it was indeed an accident and claimed they could have been murdered.

"Kids cannot lock the door from the inside. When we found them one was on the top of the other," their uncle Mustafa Ucer told NTV.

------

Sleep tight little ones, this world was just too cruel for you - yet more unhelpful statistics.


Last edited by margaret on Wed 1 Sep - 11:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  LJC on Wed 1 Sep - 13:02

Was it a dumped freezer? The fact they died from suffocation seems to imply that it was an old freezer. Surely the door would have pushed open from inside? If they were lying on top of each other that alone would cause suffocation. This is awful. Although I do recall many years ago reading of two children who were playing and climbed into a dumped freezer who were unable to get out.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  margaret on Wed 1 Sep - 13:34

LJC wrote:Was it a dumped freezer? The fact they died from suffocation seems to imply that it was an old freezer. Surely the door would have pushed open from inside? If they were lying on top of each other that alone would cause suffocation. This is awful. Although I do recall many years ago reading of two children who were playing and climbed into a dumped freezer who were unable to get out.

Here's the picture fromt he story LJC, says it was this freezer:



Not sure if it can be shut from inside. I remember a spate of stories when l was growing up in the 70's about children suffocating themselves playing in abandoned fridges and freezers.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  blossom45 on Wed 1 Sep - 13:46

margaret,
if my memory serves me well,
it was this spate of fatalities that prompted the makers to rethink the design of the catches on 'fridges and freezers.
and also prompted councils to collect unwanted 'fridges and freezers,
to discourage the dumping of them where children could play among them.

blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Age : 71
Location : hertfordshire u.k
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  LJC on Wed 1 Sep - 13:51

margaret wrote:
LJC wrote:Was it a dumped freezer? The fact they died from suffocation seems to imply that it was an old freezer. Surely the door would have pushed open from inside? If they were lying on top of each other that alone would cause suffocation. This is awful. Although I do recall many years ago reading of two children who were playing and climbed into a dumped freezer who were unable to get out.

Here's the picture fromt he story LJC, says it was this freezer:



Not sure if it can be shut from inside. I remember a spate of stories when l was growing up in the 70's about children suffocating themselves playing in abandoned fridges and freezers.

blossom45 wrote: margaret,
if my memory serves me well,
it was this spate of fatalities that prompted the makers to rethink the design of the catches on 'fridges and freezers.
and also prompted councils to collect unwanted 'fridges and freezers,
to discourage the dumping of them where children could play among them.

Thanks for this information. it does look like an old style freezer with an old design of catch, so yes it could be a tragic accident.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  margaret on Wed 1 Sep - 14:35

blossom45 wrote: margaret,
if my memory serves me well,
it was this spate of fatalities that prompted the makers to rethink the design of the catches on 'fridges and freezers.
and also prompted councils to collect unwanted 'fridges and freezers,
to discourage the dumping of them where children could play among them.

Hi blossom, l thought it was too but didn't say in case my old brains were deceiving me.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  Guest on Wed 1 Sep - 14:38

moving to world news section.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Father finds his 4 children dead in freezer. don't think so...

Post  Sponsored content Today at 19:51


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum