Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns/Amaral

+57
jimuck
malena stool
Colonel Fabien
T4two
pennylane
Carolina
MaryB
keepingmum
buildersbum
dutchclogs
jinvta
Claudia79
Keela
mumbles
AnnaEsse
Badboy
Bebootje
widowan
Sandi
jay2001
the slave
zodiac
jejune
tanszi
Christine
Karen
ann_chovey
docmac
fred
kitti
squeaker
Judge Dread
Jem
LJC
DavidA
margaret
Dimsie
lea
POPPY1
Wallflower
hobnob
Alpine Aster
wantthetruth
ashwil
Lioned
saloongirl
quickfingers
wjk
jeanie
Justiceforallkids
bootsy
contrary
frencheuropean
blossom45
steve1295
welshy
Annabel
61 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Empty Re: McCanns/Amaral

Post  Angelique Wed 8 Sep - 15:16

buildersbum wrote:LJC said....
Also, I do not think the McCanns would want to see him in Court personally.

I think it is what Mr Amaral is not saying that worries them. I think there may be games of bluff and double bluff going on, with neither side willing to budge.

I agree with this but Mr Amaral doesn't need to bluff or budge he aint quite has desperate as the McCanns are, re the inconsistances with them right fronm the 3rd May 2007.

But it's the McCanns who won the injunction surely, so they are, in a way, in the best position - they know they have won because of the freezing of assets - this "mareva injunction" wouldn't have been agreed if they hadn't got a case. Mr Amaral is appealing so it's not a foregone conclusion that he will win, just that he will continue to appeal and frustrate the McCanns. In the end - I think they will win. What other outcome can we see ?

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jimuck Wed 8 Sep - 15:27

kitti wrote:They must be very, very sure of winning -...complete opposite, if they were that cock sure they wouldnt be threatening amaral and his family.

The mccanns want OUT....by saying that they will take EVERYTHING.....means they are worried and dont want to go to court and hope that amaral will back down, he wont... sofia will see to that.

Dont forget EVEN if they DO win, they wont get THAT much....and even if they WIN..mr amaral will appeal and THAT will take more time..

Absolutely spot on.. the MaCanns are being forced down a road they just dont want to go , they started the libel process, a process which in the end will finish the MaCanns, they have being hoping Amaral will fold, Amaral will not fold,the MaCanns are becoming very,very , desperate people,, Goncalo Amaral will have the last word.
jimuck
jimuck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male
Number of posts : 302
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Wed 8 Sep - 15:34

just my opinion..i think the mccanns will have to face facts...the truth will come out
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 8 Sep - 15:35

jeanie wrote:just my opinion..i think the mccanns will have to face facts...the truth will come out

I do so hope you are right.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 8 Sep - 15:36

Keela wrote:
jeanie wrote:just my opinion..i think the mccanns will have to face facts...the truth will come out

Seconded!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 8 Sep - 15:38

wjk wrote:
Keela wrote:

Seconded!

Carried!

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  quickfingers Wed 8 Sep - 15:51

I'm sure they didn't like Sky giving a live transcript of what was going on in the court last time. This is what they are afraid of I think. They started the rollercoaster of the libel trial and now they want to get off I'm sure.
quickfingers
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 661
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  saloongirl Wed 8 Sep - 16:02

There is a well-known down to earth Buddhist monk called Ajahn Brahms who has a great saying "Why seek for revenge when Karma will get the b*****ds anyway".

We can only hope.
saloongirl
saloongirl
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 8 Sep - 16:02

Let's not forget certain policeman from the UK couldn't give evidence because the case is ongoing. So in my view this makes it strange that the missing person information is removed from the police website.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 8 Sep - 16:15

Dont look good for Amaral.We should kid ourselves not that if he's made assertions in his book that have not been substantiated then he's in trouble.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 8 Sep - 16:22

Lioned wrote:Dont look good for Amaral.We should kid ourselves not that if he's made assertions in his book that have not been substantiated then he's in trouble.

What is in the book is in the files. He has only stated his opinion that she died in the apartment. I have never heard anyone getting in trouble for stating an opinion. If that were the case, then just about everyone would be in trouble some time or other. It is my opinion that Colleen Rooney is better off without the two timing philandering sex pest she is married to.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 8 Sep - 16:23

Judge Dread wrote:
ashwil wrote:So, this decision to pursue the Amaral family home was being played out during July and August. Is it entirely coincidental that this also fits with the timing of the resignations of John McCann and Douglas Skehan? Was this the point at which they said "Enough!"?

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you.

I for one hope you are right and that, out of the whole sorry bunch, at least one McCann has finally discovered a conscience...

Actually the action was brought in July 2009...the resignations happened in 2010. In any case the Court has refused to allow the House to be seized because it is jointly owned. Since has taken the PJ a Year to reach a
decision it looks as if the Trial will not be heard until next year., can the McCanns keep the Fund going that long
to pay Legal Fees and expenses?
Amaral claimed a long time ago that he "knew something" and I"m wondering if he is able to use this in the Trial, could be very interesting.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 8 Sep - 16:25

Why hasn-t the latest stunt been reported in the British Press or has it and I have missed it.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  ashwil Wed 8 Sep - 16:46

Panda wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:
ashwil wrote:So, this decision to pursue the Amaral family home was being played out during July and August. Is it entirely coincidental that this also fits with the timing of the resignations of John McCann and Douglas Skehan? Was this the point at which they said "Enough!"?

I for one hope you are right and that, out of the whole sorry bunch, at least one McCann has finally discovered a conscience...

Actually the action was brought in July 2009...the resignations happened in 2010. In any case the Court has refused to allow the House to be seized because it is jointly owned. Since has taken the PJ a Year to reach a
decision it looks as if the Trial will not be heard until next year., can the McCanns keep the Fund going that long
Amaral claimed a long time ago that he "knew something" and I"m wondering if he is able to use this in the Trial, could be very interesting.

Panda, the original action was July 2009, but the dispute between the registry office and the court regarding segregation of assets between Mr & Mrs Amaral was this July and August. If I am right, the current situation is that TM have had to lay claim to the house in its entirety, not just half of it as originally intended. That is what brings Goncalo's wife and children into the equation. If the action only included half, then you could argue that they could "downsize" to a smaller house based on Sofia's half of the proceeds, but with the whole house gone..... Maybe I am wrong, but that is how I understand it.
ashwil
ashwil
Reg Member
Reg Member

Male
Number of posts : 209
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 8 Sep - 16:52

Rosiepops is silent on this issue,so is the sycophantic nutcase who believes poor Madeleine is a direct descendent of Jesus. The poster on tw*ts who constantly hints on being a team mccann insider is,interestingly, as nasty and vitriolic as ever ,especially towards Mrs Amaral. Unsurprisingly , none of those who ARE delighted at the prospect of the Amaral children losing their home have attempted to explain how this mccann triumph will help find the child whos parents left her to fend for herself ,night after night,despite her tears.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Wed 8 Sep - 16:53

What a nerve. If this is true. Asking for the house of a polilceman. When two payments for their own mortgage was paid out of a fund donated to by the public to help find a missing child. What is the matter with these people. They want people to be generous to support the fund. Where is their own generousity and compassion for a family with two children.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 8 Sep - 16:56

Wallflower wrote:When are they going to sue Sofia Leal for libel? She just said that they had paedophiles in their family circle.

That clinches it for me about David Payne by the way, and there being something more than just an accident involved in Maddie's demise. There is something very very dark The Amarals know a lot more than us about the case and for Sofia to say is (probably) more than just a dig because of the initial statements by the Gaspars.

Sofia knows the McCanns will not go after her for this, because her defence will be quick and devastating - she will merely say...........

'This is not my opinion, but the opinion of a fellow doctor and colleague of Mr and Mrs McCann, who was on a previous holiday in Majorca with them, and who has reported to the police that she witnessed a perverse conversation between Gerald McCann and close friend David Payne!'

You can believe this is one accusation 'Kate and Gerry' will not be challenging ........... ever! McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 234628

Good luck Sofia and Goncalo, may honesty and integrity prevail, and may the McCanns reprehensible façade be exposed for the entire world to see!

McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 2010-09-07223430_CA967162-B341-4FEB-88DD-FECB0766BF67$$738d42d9-134c-4fbe-a85a-da00e83fdc20$$eac40245-8d43-4d16-aa02-ed15ed0da96f$$img_carrouselTopHomepage$$pt$$1

Last edited by pennylane on Wed 8 Sep - 16:57; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Wed 8 Sep - 16:57

Panda wrote:
Judge Dread wrote:

If he "knew something" then the logical time to bring it up would be at the appeal hearing. Had he succeeded in overturning the injunction he would have had control over his assets again, and this issue would not exist.

He was also somewhat foolish to pronounce that the McCanns would never get a penny from him, and this may have been a contributing factor to the court ringfencing his assets pending the libel trial.

sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 8 Sep - 17:03

Ashwil

We know the McCanns are claiming E 1.2 million and when the injunction was taken out in Sept. 09 all the books and DVD"s were seized at that time leaving Amaral and the book Publisher unable to sell them. The McCann"s Legal Team must have advised them that they would also have to seize Amaral"s home as collateral
to avoid him trying to change the ownership. Since Sofia was not prepared to relinquish her share of the Home
to be used as collateral the Court has decided there can be no claim against the Home because it is jointly owned., too right IMO. !!! Apparently there is a big Mortgage on the property and Amaral will claiim I presume that he is unable to pay it off because he is not allowed to sell the Book and DVD, catch 22. McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 8 Sep - 17:19

sans souci

I don"t know what the Portugese Law is in a case like this but find it difficult to understand how all Amaral"s
assets can be sequestered before the Trial, it"s like making him guilty before the Hearing !!!!!!! The McCanns
have been incredibly greedy , doubling their award from the Daily Expess who were in a much better position to pay.

In all honesty the McCanns can"t say his book impeded the search for Madeleine who had been missing for over two years when they brought the injunction action. Neither than they say it affected the health of all the Family.
I just hope common sense prevails , Amaral"s book was not available in the U.K. where the McCanns live and
Sales were not that high in other Countries. By drawing attention to the book the McCanns have ensured that
if Amaral wins the Book will be a bestseller. McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 8 Sep - 17:22

pennylane wrote:
Wallflower wrote:When are they going to sue Sofia Leal for libel? She just said that they had paedophiles in their family circle.

That clinches it for me about David Payne by the way, and there being something more than just an accident involved in Maddie's demise. There is something very very dark The Amarals know a lot more than us about the case and for Sofia to say is (probably) more than just a dig because of the initial statements by the Gaspars.

Sofia knows the McCanns will not go after her for this, because her defence will be quick and devastating - she will merely say...........

'This is not my opinion, but the opinion of a fellow doctor and colleague of Mr and Mrs McCann, who was on a previous holiday in Majorca with them, and who has reported to the police that she witnessed a perverse conversation between Gerald McCann and close friend David Payne!'

You can believe this is one accusation 'Kate and Gerry' will not be challenging ........... ever! McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 234628

Good luck Sofia and Goncalo, may honesty and integrity prevail, and may the McCanns reprehensible façade be exposed for the entire world to see!

McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 2010-09-07223430_CA967162-B341-4FEB-88DD-FECB0766BF67$$738d42d9-134c-4fbe-a85a-da00e83fdc20$$eac40245-8d43-4d16-aa02-ed15ed0da96f$$img_carrouselTopHomepage$$pt$$1

There is a vast difference between saying that someone is a paedophile and saying that they once made a really sick, inappropriate joke which made people nearby very uneasy.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  sans_souci Wed 8 Sep - 17:27

Panda wrote:
sans souci

I don"t know what the Portugese Law is in a case like this but find it difficult to understand how all Amaral"s
assets can be sequestered before the Trial, it"s like making him guilty before the Hearing !!!!!!! The McCanns
have been incredibly greedy , doubling their award from the Daily Expess who were in a much better position to pay.

In all honesty the McCanns can"t say his book impeded the search for Madeleine who had been missing for over two years when they brought the injunction action. Neither than they say it affected the health of all the Family.
I just hope common sense prevails , Amaral"s book was not available in the U.K. where the McCanns live and
Sales were not that high in other Countries. By drawing attention to the book the McCanns have ensured that
if Amaral wins the Book will be a bestseller. McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 25346

It is not a matter of teh court prejudging the trial - simply that the court are concerned about the possibility of assets being hidden or removed to frustrate any judgement against the defendants. If the result of the case is that the court decide that the McCanns have been libelled by the defendants then it is not unreasonable that they should not profit from the libel.

And your last point is undoubtedly true.

sans_souci
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 689
Warning :
McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 8 Sep - 17:32

Sans souci, do you think what Sofia said about the McCanns' peadophile friends is libellous?

Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 8 Sep - 17:32

Wallflower wrote:
pennylane wrote:

There is a vast difference between saying that someone is a paedophile and saying that they once made a really sick, inappropriate joke which made people nearby very uneasy.

McCanns/Amaral - Page 4 306321 Wallflower

Sofia can still claim that she is only repeating what is in the police files, and what a fellow doctor and colleague of the McCanns believes.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 8 Sep - 17:42

Perhaps Penny lane.

I still think there would have to be other supporting evidence for making a claim like this in public.

But perhaps I'm being hypocritical, as I'm very happy to believe, based on the Gaspar statements (and say so on this forum.)
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next