Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Sniffer dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sniffer dogs

Post  fred on Fri 8 Oct - 10:40

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/parents_hire_sniffer_dogs

Bit harsh on the kids?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  malena stool on Fri 8 Oct - 21:37

How to promote trust and respect and drive your kids from the family home...................

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13384
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  fred on Sat 9 Oct - 9:56

malena stool wrote:How to promote trust and respect and drive your kids from the family home...................

Mind you the dogs are notoriously wrong aren't they

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  zodiac on Sat 9 Oct - 10:13

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/parents_hire_sniffer_dogs


How on earth is that classed as non-intrusive .


Would the real Police need a search warrant to do that?

zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Oct - 11:38

This was on the same site, and gave me a bit of a laugh. But the poor woman has now had A File Opened on her, even though there's nothing in it.... so maybe this should be on the Other Thread.......

* 12 August 2010, 10:20

Mum calls cops on topless bather

A mother of two boys reported a topless sunbather to police because the way she applied suntan lotion was "troubling" her sons.

The 26-year-old woman, identified only as Luisa under Italian privacy laws, was questioned by officers after they were brought to the scene by the mother.

She had initially asked the woman, an assistant in a fashion store, to cover herself up as her ample breasts and the act of rubbing cream on her body had "troubled her sons aged 14 and 12".

The woman, who was sunbathing on a public beach at Anzio south of Rome, refused and so officers were called.

The case has triggered a debate in Italy about topless sunbathing, reports the Daily Mail.

Luisa's lawyer, Gianluca Arrighi, said: "Something like this happening in 2010 is absurd.

"Let's be clear my client is tall, brunette and has an ample breast and is therefore going to naturally be sensuous when she applies cream to her chest.

"This may well have attracted the attention of the women's two sons but it should not lead to my client being convicted. She is amazed that she is being condemned for simply sunbathing topless."

A police spokesman in Anzio said: "A patrol was stopped by a mother of two sons who was angry at a topless sunbather and the way she was applying suntan cream.

"We have opened a file on committing an obscene act as we are committed to following the complaint. From what I heard she was very attractive."


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  malena stool on Sat 9 Oct - 21:52

The Famous Grouse wrote:This was on the same site, and gave me a bit of a laugh. But the poor woman has now had A File Opened on her, even though there's nothing in it.... so maybe this should be on the Other Thread.......

* 12 August 2010, 10:20

Mum calls cops on topless bather

A mother of two boys reported a topless sunbather to police because the way she applied suntan lotion was "troubling" her sons.

The 26-year-old woman, identified only as Luisa under Italian privacy laws, was questioned by officers after they were brought to the scene by the mother.

She had initially asked the woman, an assistant in a fashion store, to cover herself up as her ample breasts and the act of rubbing cream on her body had "troubled her sons aged 14 and 12".

The woman, who was sunbathing on a public beach at Anzio south of Rome, refused and so officers were called.

The case has triggered a debate in Italy about topless sunbathing, reports the Daily Mail.

Luisa's lawyer, Gianluca Arrighi, said: "Something like this happening in 2010 is absurd.

"Let's be clear my client is tall, brunette and has an ample breast and is therefore going to naturally be sensuous when she applies cream to her chest.

"This may well have attracted the attention of the women's two sons but it should not lead to my client being convicted. She is amazed that she is being condemned for simply sunbathing topless."

A police spokesman in Anzio said: "A patrol was stopped by a mother of two sons who was angry at a topless sunbather and the way she was applying suntan cream.

"We have opened a file on committing an obscene act as we are committed to following the complaint. From what I heard she was very attractive."

I was arrested 3 years ago for topless bathing..........

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13384
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  zodiac on Sun 10 Oct - 10:02

malena stool wrote:
The Famous Grouse wrote:This was on the same site, and gave me a bit of a laugh. But the poor woman has now had A File Opened on her, even though there's nothing in it.... so maybe this should be on the Other Thread.......

* 12 August 2010, 10:20

Mum calls cops on topless bather

A mother of two boys reported a topless sunbather to police because the way she applied suntan lotion was "troubling" her sons.

The 26-year-old woman, identified only as Luisa under Italian privacy laws, was questioned by officers after they were brought to the scene by the mother.

She had initially asked the woman, an assistant in a fashion store, to cover herself up as her ample breasts and the act of rubbing cream on her body had "troubled her sons aged 14 and 12".

The woman, who was sunbathing on a public beach at Anzio south of Rome, refused and so officers were called.

The case has triggered a debate in Italy about topless sunbathing, reports the Daily Mail.

Luisa's lawyer, Gianluca Arrighi, said: "Something like this happening in 2010 is absurd.

"Let's be clear my client is tall, brunette and has an ample breast and is therefore going to naturally be sensuous when she applies cream to her chest.

"This may well have attracted the attention of the women's two sons but it should not lead to my client being convicted. She is amazed that she is being condemned for simply sunbathing topless."

A police spokesman in Anzio said: "A patrol was stopped by a mother of two sons who was angry at a topless sunbather and the way she was applying suntan cream.

"We have opened a file on committing an obscene act as we are committed to following the complaint. From what I heard she was very attractive."

I was arrested 3 years ago for topless bathing..........








zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  Guest on Sun 10 Oct - 10:38

Follow the day to day happenings of a West Midlands Police CSI dog

http://twitter.com/WMPcsidogsmithy


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  malena stool on Sun 10 Oct - 15:46

carmen wrote:Follow the day to day happenings of a West Midlands Police CSI dog

http://twitter.com/WMPcsidogsmithy

Good post, carmen.
It sure is a dog's life
Rep point on way.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13384
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  Guest on Sun 10 Oct - 16:18

Thanks Malena - that's kind of you. Smithy is a cutey. He joined twitter over summer - and by 8th Sept, the Tax Payers Alliance had taken exception to his twittering. On that day, he had just 155 followers; now he has over 1700 (and growing)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11227663



Anger over police dog with Twitter account

West Midlands Police have been criticised for setting up a Twitter page for their sniffer dog.

The two-year-old Labrador, called Smithy, regularly posts updates on the social networking site about his life.

A recent tweet read: "Just got back from my late walk, bedded down in my kennel now for the night, day off tomorrow."

So far the internet-savvy CSI dog has secured only 155 followers.

As well as writing updates on his daily life, Smithy also appeals for help with ongoing police investigations.

In August he posted a link to CCTV footage of a missing 24-year-old woman called Sylwia 'Magda' Ciapcinska with the comment: "Can you help us find Sylwia?"

Smithy has 155 followers on his page where you can see pictures of him
He also updates followers on crime-fighting activities with comments like: "Out on patrol its nights. . . Saturday night and already we have seen a few who will feel ruff in the morning."

Smithy's trainer PC Terry Arnett said: "It was just something he wanted to do.

"He felt he and his team weren't getting the praise they deserved and the next thing I knew he was tweeting.

"We've had to have the keyboard adapted so he can type, but apart from that it's his way of letting people know the important work he and his pals do."

The TaxPayers' Alliance, a group campaigning for lower taxes and an end to wasteful public spending, has criticised the social networking venture.

They described it as a diversion from real police work.

Smithy is one of two police dogs trained to search for blood and human remains.

PC Terry Arnett said: "The 'tweeting dog' was intended as a light hearted story so it was deeply disappointing that it attracted such criticism.

"The aim was to draw young people to the West Midlands Police website to learn about crime detection in a fun and educational way, using Twitter in the officer's own time."

Fortunately Smithy continues to tweet

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  kitti on Mon 11 Oct - 7:14

How silly off people to complain.


Hasnt eddie and kella got their own webpage.


Larry will be opening his own twitter page soon lol...that if he ever gets out off bed!!

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  Guest on Mon 11 Oct - 8:42

Oh, the Taxpayer's Alliance. Who certainly do not represent any taxpayer I know. A bit like Mary Whitehouse.

BTW isn't Twitter a FREE service? What taxes are being wasted, pray tell?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  fred on Mon 11 Oct - 8:50

The Famous Grouse wrote:Oh, the Taxpayer's Alliance. Who certainly do not represent any taxpayer I know. A bit like Mary Whitehouse.

BTW isn't Twitter a FREE service? What taxes are being wasted, pray tell?

Sounds like typical Daily Mail readers to me. Probably haven't got anything to moan about like the muslims or terrorists so started on Smithy.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  malena stool on Mon 11 Oct - 10:03

At the risk of appearing cynical, the complainant is perhaps a member of Clan McCann because they are notably afraid of scent dogs and their undoubted expertise and accuracy.............

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13384
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  zodiac on Mon 11 Oct - 12:26

The Famous Grouse wrote:Oh, the Taxpayer's Alliance. Who certainly do not represent any taxpayer I know. A bit like Mary Whitehouse.

BTW isn't Twitter a FREE service? What taxes are being wasted, pray tell?

Exactly, TFG.

"using Twitter in the officer's own time"



zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Sniffer dogs

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:34


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum