Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Oct - 11:49

They are hoping to reach the miners by mid-day. Then it will take some more time to strengthen the tunnel, and around 48 hours to bring them all out, one by one. Good luck to them!

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/drillers_may_reach_chile_miners_within_hours


Last edited by The Famous Grouse on Sat 9 Oct - 19:30; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 9 Oct - 11:54

This is such fantastic news and I am looking forward to seeing the first of those miners emerging from the rescue capsule. It's going to be a wonderful day when that miner steps into the light.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  fred on Sat 9 Oct - 12:33

Brilliant news, must a been a nightmare.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

The Drill Has Reached The Miners!

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Oct - 19:30

The drill has reached the miners!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39558833/ns/world_news-americas/

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  zodiac on Sat 9 Oct - 20:09

Great news!

zodiac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1248
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  fred on Sun 10 Oct - 8:05

Fantstic. Bet they make a film about their lives

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Guest on Sun 10 Oct - 8:41

fred wrote:Fantstic. Bet they make a film about their lives

I believe there are already several film and book deals in the pipeline (sorry for the pun) and these guys deserve every penny!

A sub plot is that two different women with children turned up at the pithead, both clutching the same photograph, and shouting "my husband is down there....." Oh dear..... he's gonna have a bit of explaining to do when he does get out.....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  malena stool on Sun 10 Oct - 12:13

This is great news, these guys put their lives on the line on a regular daily basis... It's good that a happy result is seemingly forthcoming for them and their families.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13368
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

4 miners now out!

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 7:33

Sky News




_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Bebootje on Wed 13 Oct - 7:41

Read this on twitter:

DameLesego
#tweetoftheYEAR! Gran, you're hilarious RT @Your_Gran: I wonder if the 1st person to emerge from that Chilean mine will be Madeleine McCann?

Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Age : 54
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 7:48

Bebootje wrote:Read this on twitter:

DameLesego
#tweetoftheYEAR! Gran, you're hilarious RT @Your_Gran: I wonder if the 1st person to emerge from that Chilean mine will be Madeleine McCann?

Excellent! Not quite a 'hellish lair,' but those 33 men will look quite dark and swarthy!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  fred on Wed 13 Oct - 8:53

Bebootje wrote:Read this on twitter:

DameLesego
#tweetoftheYEAR! Gran, you're hilarious RT @Your_Gran: I wonder if the 1st person to emerge from that Chilean mine will be Madeleine McCann?

Bloody fantastic

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4843
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Badboy on Wed 13 Oct - 10:49

TWO MEN HAVE EMERGED FROM THE MINE,I BELIEVE

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7734
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  chrissie on Wed 13 Oct - 10:56

The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3285
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 11:03

chrissie wrote:The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

A friend on Facebook has said that some of those already out are refusing to leave the site until everyone is out.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  chrissie on Wed 13 Oct - 11:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

A friend on Facebook has said that some of those already out are refusing to leave the site until everyone is out.

That's what I read in the paper today. I'm watching it online. Really emotional scenes. The 8th one has just got out.

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3285
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 11:27

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

A friend on Facebook has said that some of those already out are refusing to leave the site until everyone is out.

That's what I read in the paper today. I'm watching it online. Really emotional scenes. The 8th one has just got out.

Thanks chrissie. I think my friend is someone who still reads the papers!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  chrissie on Wed 13 Oct - 11:32

AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

A friend on Facebook has said that some of those already out are refusing to leave the site until everyone is out.

That's what I read in the paper today. I'm watching it online. Really emotional scenes. The 8th one has just got out.

Thanks chrissie. I think my friend is someone who still reads the papers!

Haha! I didn't buy it, it was left on the train

chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3285
Age : 55
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 11:55

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
chrissie wrote:The BBC are saying online that 7 have now been rescued. Fantastic news!

A friend on Facebook has said that some of those already out are refusing to leave the site until everyone is out.

That's what I read in the paper today. I'm watching it online. Really emotional scenes. The 8th one has just got out.

Thanks chrissie. I think my friend is someone who still reads the papers!

Haha! I didn't buy it, it was left on the train

I think my friend probably reads the ones her father has delivered!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

11 miners now out!

Post  AnnaEsse on Wed 13 Oct - 14:05

It's amazing! Eleven miners have now been lifted to safety!

http://news.sky.com/skynews

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  BrainFreeze on Wed 13 Oct - 15:02

AnnaEsse wrote:It's amazing! Eleven miners have now been lifted to safety!

http://news.sky.com/skynews

12 now. Radio 2 have just said that it's the reality TV show everybody wishes they had made. Very good news for all concerned!

Has the miner been rescued yet who had his wife and mistress both holding vigils?

BrainFreeze
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 26
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Bebootje on Wed 13 Oct - 15:12

BrainFreeze wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:It's amazing! Eleven miners have now been lifted to safety!

http://news.sky.com/skynews

12 now. Radio 2 have just said that it's the reality TV show everybody wishes they had made. Very good news for all concerned!

Has the miner been rescued yet who had his wife and mistress both holding vigils?

Surprisingly they are all clean, shaved and had a haircut.

Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Age : 54
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Oct - 15:32

I am waiting for the man who has never seen his new baby daughter to come up. He is second from last on the list. The shift boss insisted on being the last one out.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Guest on Wed 13 Oct - 15:35

BrainFreeze wrote:Has the miner been rescued yet who had his wife and mistress both holding vigils?

that's going to be interesting.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  malena stool on Wed 13 Oct - 15:42

Marky wrote:
BrainFreeze wrote:Has the miner been rescued yet who had his wife and mistress both holding vigils?

that's going to be interesting.
Bless him, I wish them all a speedy return safety to the surface but, he's probably digging another tunnel which will break the surface miles from where his wife and her new found friend are waiting for him.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13368
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Drillers May Reach Chile Miners Within Hours **UPDATED**

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:19


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum