Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed it was Zahra ) so sad

+11
Claudia79
widowan
Alpine Aster
contrary
AnnaEsse
Carolina
kitti
mumbles
wjk
docmac
wantthetruth
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Empty Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed it was Zahra ) so sad

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 12 Nov - 2:22

Zahra Baker's body may have been found
Peter Mitchell, AAP November 12, 2010, 8:06 am

Zahra Baker's body may have been found.

After a month-long search in garbage tips, ponds, creeks and bushland in the vicinity of the 10-year-old Australian girl's home in Hickory, North Carolina, police on Thursday (local time) announced they had "located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case".

Hickory police would not reveal what the evidence was, but local media outlets are reporting human remains were found.

The discovery was made in bushland where Zahra's stepmother, Elisa Baker, led authorities to last month.

"Search teams in Caldwell County yesterday located evidence that could provide valuable information in the Zahra Baker case," a statement from Hickory Police said.

"This evidence will be analysed at the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation's lab. We understand the concern and interest in this case by the public but we must be cautious in prematurely releasing information so it will not jeopardise any future criminal proceedings."

A police search in the area two weeks ago found Zahra's prosthetic leg.

The 10-year-old, who had the lower half of her left leg amputated five years ago after being stricken by bone cancer, was reported missing by her former Queensland sugar mill worker father Adam on October 9, but police believe she was missing longer than that.

Elisa has been held in custody since October 10, with one charge relating to a fake ransom note police allege she wrote and left on a vehicle outside their Hickory home.

Media reports also say Zahra's biological mother Emily Dietrich, who suffered post natal depression after the birth of Zahra and handed custody to Adam, is travelling to North Carolina from Australia.
She is expected to arrive sometime Thursday.

RIP little one we are so sorry you had to suffer so much in your life but you are free now sweetheart no one or nothing can hurt you again

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Sat 13 Nov - 10:16; edited 3 times in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Empty Re: Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed it was Zahra ) so sad

Post  wantthetruth Fri 12 Nov - 5:26

I saw her mum interviewed the other day (her real mum) I felt so sorry for her. She found out where she was just a couple of days too late. Poor little girl Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  389741
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Empty Re: Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed it was Zahra ) so sad

Post  Justiceforallkids Fri 12 Nov - 5:48

wantthetruth wrote:I saw her mum interviewed the other day (her real mum) I felt so sorry for her. She found out where she was just a couple of days too late. Poor little girl Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  389741

yeah zarhas real mother had reported drug/alchol issues i think and also post natal derpession among other things but there is no doubt she loved her little girl she was in hysterical sobs during that interview and she would have loved her to be with her here in australia she only let her ex have the little girl because she couldnt care for her
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Fri 12 Nov - 8:21

I had posted an upddate on Zahra on the missing children thread a couple of days back.

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/missing-in-the-usa-f43/zahra-clare-baker-t12493-30.htm

I'm not sure if anyone saw it, but this news renders that redundant. How very sad.

RIP little one.

docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Zahra Baker's body may have been found ( confirmed  it  was Zahra )  so  sad  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 12 Nov - 10:01

I'm so sorry if this really is Zahra's body, but TBH there never seemed much chance that she'd ever be found alive. The whole story of a supposed abduction was just another full of holes, with a totally different explanation of Zahra's disappearance much more likely. But at least it looks as though there's a good chance Zahra will eventually get justice, though of course this in no way takes away from the sadness of the death of a little girl who had so much to put up with during her short life.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 12 Nov - 13:24

Yes - if this is what the Police have found - it is very sad. She put up with so much from what was reported. Very sad.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 12 Nov - 16:15

Poor little mite xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 12 Nov - 19:08

If Stepmum led police to her body and to her artificial leg, which I believe she did, it won't much matter what her lawyer says, the only person who could know where the body was dumped, exactly, is the person who did it. I mean she evidently has already "confessed" that SHE did not do it but the husband did everything.

Interesting, the stepmother's quote in this jail house letter was "we really didn't kill Zahra" and the profiler said, she puts herself in it by saying WE. She goes on to say what the husband did afterwards really horrified her.

I can only hope they find enough of this poor child to give her a decent burial and the dignity and peace she was not allowed to have in life.

Last edited by widowan on Fri 12 Nov - 20:25; edited 1 time in total
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 12 Nov - 20:18

widowan wrote:If Stepmum led police to her body and to her artificial leg, which I believe she did, it won't much matter what her lawyer says, the only person who could know where the body was dumped, exactly, is the person who did it. I mean she evidently has already "confessed" that SHE dide not do it but the husband did everything.

Interesting, the stepmother's quote in this jail house letter was "we really didn't kill Zahra" and the profiler said, she puts herself in it by saying WE. She goes on to say what the husband did afterwards really horrified her.

I can only hope they find enough of this poor child to give her a decent burial and the dignity and peace she was not allowed to have in life.

I think that if we ever find out what the McCanns did with Madeleine's body, that might be horrifying too.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Fri 12 Nov - 20:53

On twitter...

***Breaking News*** The body of Newcastle girl Zahra Baker has been positively identified. Press conference soon.

Poor little mite.
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 12 Nov - 20:55

mumbles wrote:On twitter...

***Breaking News*** The body of Newcastle girl Zahra Baker has been positively identified. Press conference soon.

Poor little mite.

Thank you, mumbles. What a sad ending to her life.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 12 Nov - 21:30

Dear God!
Sleep tight little one xx
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 12 Nov - 21:48

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Fri 12 Nov - 21:55

Yesterday they had said that they had a no fly zone over the area and were keeping the reporters 500 yards away, so I am presuming they had found her Wednesday or early Thursday and were doing the crime scene investigation etc, it took two days to compare with the dna profile. They showed them probing the creek mainly so I guess they may have dumped her in the creek some how, no - edited to add, they found her remains ina hole. So she had been buried. That is good as it means a lot of forensics will be found.

The step mom was not out there helping with the search. She just gave them roughcoordinates...

From the way they tore up the walls and floors of the house, they were looking for blood or something in the house, I dont see how that can be consistent with "we didn't really kill her". What did she die of, that would have the police tearing the walls out? Consdiering they are acting on info from the step mom, I can't imagine this.

Her real mother will have a sad reunion. bUt she is getting her wish that they find Zahra so she can have a funeral, not just hidden in a muddy hole in the ground. Rest in peace, little girl.

Without a confession, with direct instructions on where to find the body, so close to the home, how long would it have taken someone to find zahra? And she is a lot bigger than Madeleine would have been. It took them several tries to find it even with directions.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mumbles Fri 12 Nov - 23:35

http://www.news.com.au/world/human-remains-found-in-search-for-zahra/story-e6frfkyi-1225952415625

Was watching the video (small one beneath Zahra's photo) and the very emotional Hickory Police Department chief Tom Adkins had this to say:

"As investigators we are trained to follow the leads - but never give up the hope that the evidence may take us in a wrong direction - and the outcome will be different."

I imagine Goncalo Amaral would share those sentiments.

R.I.P Zahra xxx

mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 13 Nov - 1:58

These police investigators had a pretty horrifying grave site to deal with, I don't know why the parents would dismember a child - evidently he had removed her limbs and put them through a wood chipper or this is what they are surmising, the bone they matched to the dna was five miles from the burial site where they found remains consistent with those of a child so it's too far to be scattered by an animal and anyhow the stepmother told them where to look in both cases they found evidence - but then could not get rid of her head and body so had buried them deep. Alisa Baker had given the cops coordinates close enough that they did find the body inside that ten foot wide foot hole, there looks to be a much smaller deeper hole inside the big excavation site.

The police were so choked up, and the guest on Nancy Grace asked the psychologists how someone could do this - kill a child, dismember the body and scatter it - fake an abduction, call police and act like he had no idea where she was or what happened. Hardened cops are weeping and devastated - how does a parent do this and feel nothing or be okay to go to work and have no one suspect anything is wrong?

The profiler said they are psycopaths, have only marginal feelings for others, little guilt - saw the child as a responsibility they did not want and who was in the way of their life.

It makes my stomach hurt to think, this child was ten years old, old enough to know what was happening to her with this abuse over time, having gone thru cancer and chemo, then she has this? What a life. My heart breaks for her and for her mother, finding out her daughter is in the US only three days before she "goes missing".

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  contrary Sat 13 Nov - 9:54

contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 13 Nov - 10:06

she breaks your heat doesnt she?????? earlier this week her mother did a interview on skynews australia and she brought me to tears
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 13 Nov - 10:37

Goes to prove, the dogs were RIGHT.

You reading this, mccanns.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 13 Nov - 10:45

widowan wrote:These police investigators had a pretty horrifying grave site to deal with, I don't know why the parents would dismember a child - evidently he had removed her limbs and put them through a wood chipper or this is what they are surmising, the bone they matched to the dna was five miles from the burial site where they found remains consistent with those of a child so it's too far to be scattered by an animal and anyhow the stepmother told them where to look in both cases they found evidence - but then could not get rid of her head and body so had buried them deep. Alisa Baker had given the cops coordinates close enough that they did find the body inside that ten foot wide foot hole, there looks to be a much smaller deeper hole inside the big excavation site.

The police were so choked up, and the guest on Nancy Grace asked the psychologists how someone could do this - kill a child, dismember the body and scatter it - fake an abduction, call police and act like he had no idea where she was or what happened. Hardened cops are weeping and devastated - how does a parent do this and feel nothing or be okay to go to work and have no one suspect anything is wrong?

The profiler said they are psycopaths, have only marginal feelings for others, little guilt - saw the child as a responsibility they did not want and who was in the way of their life.

It makes my stomach hurt to think, this child was ten years old, old enough to know what was happening to her with this abuse over time, having gone thru cancer and chemo, then she has this? What a life. My heart breaks for her and for her mother, finding out her daughter is in the US only three days before she "goes missing".

How awful that parents can treat their children like this but it happens! I am in tears reading this. The horror of it all. Having the "sang-froid" to dismember her and scatter the body parts as if she were just an object and not a human being. This breaks my heart.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 13 Nov - 10:59

Carolina wrote:
widowan wrote:These police investigators had a pretty horrifying grave site to deal with, I don't know why the parents would dismember a child - evidently he had removed her limbs and put them through a wood chipper or this is what they are surmising, the bone they matched to the dna was five miles from the burial site where they found remains consistent with those of a child so it's too far to be scattered by an animal and anyhow the stepmother told them where to look in both cases they found evidence - but then could not get rid of her head and body so had buried them deep. Alisa Baker had given the cops coordinates close enough that they did find the body inside that ten foot wide foot hole, there looks to be a much smaller deeper hole inside the big excavation site.

How awful that parents can treat their children like this but it happens! I am in tears reading this. The horror of it all. Having the "sang-froid" to dismember her and scatter the body parts as if she were just an object and not a human being. This breaks my heart.

I find the photos of Zahra quite heartbreaking. We know that Zahra had been through a great deal of pain and trauma, physical and emotional, in her short life, but the smile in some of those photos is so beautiful. It's a mature smile, a smile that may show that Zahra was wise beyond her years and that, amazingly, sometimes a child who is being very badly abused can have the resilience to find something to smile about. She coped with incredible hardships and pain, but her father and step-mother, who were supposed to be the mature adults in the matter, couldn't somehow cope with her or want to have her around.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  contrary Sat 13 Nov - 12:01

I think when you are young and experience bad things then you just learn to accept these as normal. That's why so many abused children show few signs of it. That's their life and they just have to live it as things are. They may not even know or remember any different
contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 13 Nov - 13:54

How sad, R.I.P little one.
Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 13 Nov - 13:56

This is tragic and heartrending. I am so sorry for the real Mother.

But what is this about the step-mother saying "we really didn't kill her but it's what he did after the fact that's kinda horryiying".

Or is she trying to distance herself from responsibility.

Angelique
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 13 Nov - 13:57

Poor little Zahra, and what a shocking thing to have been done to her body. Truly horrifyingly evil. And what a lovely little girl she looked, such a beautiful smile.

From the investigation point of view though, this is of interest -

'Investigators, who have said Zahra was last seen on September 25, used cadaver dogs to search her family’s car and home.'

Don't know why they bothered with hopeless, unreliable cadaver dogs to search the home and car; after all, they had Gerry McCann's words about the unreliability of this type of dog and Gerry and Kate know everything. Huh!

Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next