Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jo yeates

+69
Dimsie
princess_leia
T4two
pennylane
malena stool
Alpine Aster
kitti
ann_chovey
Badboy
margaret
Loopdaloop
fred
whatsupdoc
mumbles
fedrules
Wallflower
blackrose
Angelina
AspieDistra
Krisy22
Keela
wjk
keepingmum
MaryB
chrissie
Karen
SteveT
AnnaEsse
welshy
jejune
LJC
bootsy
Angelique
sunflower
POPPY1
dazedandconfused
Lioned
FSoares
sans_souci
Roasted Arizona
fuzeta
Smudge
docmac
buildersbum
jinvta
jay2001
tanszi
Arguida
quickfingers
jeanie
HiDeHo
Indigo
aqeleega
ashwil
blossom45
Faithlilly
Midas
DavidA
ali1966
Sandi
flower
Panda
FreddieFireHog
dutchclogs
maebee
RunningFree
Palmeras16
tabs
comperedna
73 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

jo yeates - Page 23 Empty Re: jo yeates

Post  blackrose Sat 1 Jan - 9:03

Couldn't help noticing this morning that Chris Jefferies has more than a passing resemblance to Archbishop Rowan Williams.
blackrose
blackrose
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 206
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 23 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Sat 1 Jan - 9:58

quickfingers wrote:Just been catching up with this thread and one thing struck me. The media have dug up so much dirt on Jefferies already but we never heard any background from friends, neighbours and colleagues of the McCanns or the other Tapas. Why not? Right from the start there was nothing.

I hope this case is solved quickly for the family's sake.

I remember a poster called "sloppingout" on the old 3As, he said he was a freelance Journo who had friends at the Daily Mirror, he had been to the office of the Daily Mirror and was speaking with an old Journo friend who told him that they had then about 25 boxes of statements from friends/colleages etc of the whole of the Tapas lot, this journo friend let him read some of the statements, Sloppingout told us about one of them, from a nurse who worked with Gerry, who had supposedly had a bit of a fling with him, so sloppingout informed us, but Im sure it wont be true though!!!!!!!!!

"I bet there's plenty just gathering dust just waiting for the 'off'
Yes Margaret just sat gathering dust.....For now.
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
jo yeates - Page 23 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100jo yeates - Page 23 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 10:08

Officers removed items from his apartment, but stressed that he was being treated as a witness, and not a suspect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343233/Murdered-Joanna-Yeates-Now-police-quiz-door-neighbour.html#ixzz19mDeMLYB

they said that about jefferies. ah, something doesn't feel right. jo yeates - Page 23 303636
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Sat 1 Jan - 10:12

I remember slopping out too - he always seemed to be genuine - didn't he say he wore a red hat when taking photos? Years ago I met someone at a Press launch who was a bit tipsy and was working for a red-top and he told me about stuff they had in their safe about the Royals - including tapes of Charles talking to his mistress and Diana talking to a lover. He also mentioned John Major was having an affair and was then going to tell me something else but was dragged off to meet someone. What a load of rubbish I thought.......
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Sat 1 Jan - 10:13

Marky wrote:Officers removed items from his apartment, but stressed that he was being treated as a witness, and not a suspect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343233/Murdered-Joanna-Yeates-Now-police-quiz-door-neighbour.html#ixzz19mDeMLYB

they said that about jefferies. ah, something doesn't feel right. jo yeates - Page 23 303636
You're right Marky.
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 1 Jan - 10:34

keepingmum wrote:I remember slopping out too - he always seemed to be genuine - didn't he say he wore a red hat when taking photos? Years ago I met someone at a Press launch who was a bit tipsy and was working for a red-top and he told me about stuff they had in their safe about the Royals - including tapes of Charles talking to his mistress and Diana talking to a lover. He also mentioned John Major was having an affair and was then going to tell me something else but was dragged off to meet someone. What a load of rubbish I thought.......
None of that could ever be true, now could it? jo yeates - Page 23 294124

I bet the press have everything they could find about every single member of the Tapas 9, all neatly tucked away in case they ever get a chance to use it. I'm not of course suggesting anything bad about any of that wonderful bunch of happy holidaymakers ... oh no, perish the thought ... I'm sure anything the snoopers ... er, journalists ... have uncovered is all good stuff, all proof that they're the most upright set of people you could meet in a month of Sundays. Saints in the making, though they'll have to wait until the fragrant duo are canonised first. jo yeates - Page 23 192282

Actually, I find the Tapas 7's shyness where publicity is concerned a tad strange. Are they still under contract to Gerry to let him do all the talking or something?
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 11:07

keepingmum wrote:
Marky wrote:Officers removed items from his apartment, but stressed that he was being treated as a witness, and not a suspect.

You're right Marky.

jefferies is either proving to be an extremely resilient suspect or a lack of something is proving to be a stumble block to charging him. what, well into the third day now? i suspect that he may well be charged. the time it's taking to do so. that's what's bothering me. in the meantime the media continue to ensure that in the possible event of his release his life will be irreparably damaged if they can't find the perpetrator of the crime. and now another neighbour feeling the media spotlight.

jo yeates - Page 23 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 1 Jan - 11:12

Marky wrote:
keepingmum wrote:

You're right Marky.

jefferies is either proving to be an extremely resilient suspect or a lack of something is proving to be a stumble block to charging him. what, well into the third day now? i suspect that he may well be charged. the time it's taking to do so. that's what's bothering me. in the meantime the media continue to ensure that in the possible event of his release his life will be irreparably damaged if they can't find the perpetrator of the crime. and now another neighbour feeling the media spotlight.

It seems logical to question all the neighbours in case they saw/heard something relevant to the case and since this neighbour helped start the boyfriend's car, he is part of the timeline of the evening when Joanna was last seen. Yet, one of the tabloids has the man being 'grilled,' by police. I guess, "Police asked neighbour if he noticed anything unusual,' doesn't have the same ring to it!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 11:14

AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
keepingmum wrote:

You're right Marky.

It seems logical to question all the neighbours in case they saw/heard something relevant to the case and since this neighbour helped start the boyfriend's car, he is part of the timeline of the evening when Joanna was last seen. Yet, one of the tabloids has the man being 'grilled,' by police. I guess, "Police asked neighbour if he noticed anything unusual,' doesn't have the same ring to it!

i know. this has not been very well handled. jo yeates - Page 23 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 11:21

Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
keepingmum wrote:

You're right Marky.

Could it be that the police don't have a clue and can't find one either? jo yeates - Page 23 303636
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 11:26

Would that be because they are all cider-swilling, pork-pie munching Keystone Cops with a bumbling, incompetent detective in charge? jo yeates - Page 23 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 11:28

The Famous Grouse wrote:Would that be because they are all cider-swilling, pork-pie munching Keystone Cops with a bumbling, incompetent detective in charge? jo yeates - Page 23 23324

They certainly seem to be trying hard to live up to that image jo yeates - Page 23 613255
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 1 Jan - 11:50

T4two wrote:
Marky wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Marky wrote:
keepingmum wrote:

You're right Marky.

Could it be that the police don't have a clue and can't find one either? jo yeates - Page 23 303636

that's what bothers me but in the meantime...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 1 Jan - 12:08

the irony of all this, amidst all the criticism of the PJ, theres a woman murdered in 1974 and no clues at all, why oh why is there so much criticism when there are unsolved cases in the UK. This is not a criticism of the police, i cannot imagine the difficulties they encounter in trying to close all sorts of serious crimes, its just that some people in glass houses should learn not to throw stones.

I sincerely hope that they are able to obtain a correct arrest and conviction of Joanna Yeates killer.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 12:33

tanszi wrote:the irony of all this, amidst all the criticism of the PJ, theres a woman murdered in 1974 and no clues at all, why oh why is there so much criticism when there are unsolved cases in the UK. This is not a criticism of the police, i cannot imagine the difficulties they encounter in trying to close all sorts of serious crimes, its just that some people in glass houses should learn not to throw stones.

I sincerely hope that they are able to obtain a correct arrest and conviction of Joanna Yeates killer.

No doubt everyone posting on this forum agrees with that sentiment - but that does not rule out expressing doubts as to the methods apparently being employed. There was a time when the arrest of a suspect was announced as, "A man has been arrested ...." or, "A man has been detained and is helping police ..." and the name of a person was first released only once they had been charged. I therefore query the release of this man's identity and the carrying out of the arrest and securing of forensic samples as a kind of media show. I very much hope that the rights of the individual have not been compromised in any way here which could affect a fiuture trial and result in a miscarriage of justice.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 1 Jan - 12:39

I agree entirely T4Two i posted to that effect earlier not quite sure which thread tho.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 12:44

tanszi wrote:I agree entirely T4Two i posted to that effect earlier not quite sure which thread tho.

jo yeates - Page 23 944533
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 1 Jan - 13:18

The Famous Grouse wrote:Would that be because they are all cider-swilling, pork-pie munching Keystone Cops with a bumbling, incompetent detective in charge? jo yeates - Page 23 23324

Pasties surely? Actually there was a report that CCTV footage on a local property near the flat was lost because they didn't ask for it until more than 4 days after the disappearance. 4 days was the "overwrite" period. Also they didn't start looking for pizza wrappers until the day after the local refuse collection. But then again hindsight is a wonderful tool in the "armchair investigation" armoury.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 13:44

Chris wrote:

Pasties surely? Actually there was a report that CCTV footage on a local property near the flat was lost because they didn't ask for it until more than 4 days after the disappearance. 4 days was the "overwrite" period. Also they didn't start looking for pizza wrappers until the day after the local refuse collection. But then again hindsight is a wonderful tool in the "armchair investigation" armoury.

If true, not armchair detective hindsight, but fundamental flaws in the investigation - how the UK media would have loved plastering this all over their headlines if the murder had happened in Portugal and the PJ were running things.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpine Aster Sat 1 Jan - 13:46

dazedandconfused wrote:
Whoever may be responsible, I just hope that they are charged as soon as possible.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know what the Police could possibly be doing with lasers? A reporter this morning read out a sign outside the house saying that lasers were in operation. I can't imagine what that could be for so perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.

I do believe the laser is used for detecting fingerprint's that are not visible to the Human eye.

Perhaps the Police are waiting for Forensic Test's to come back the Test's take time, fibres hair DNA etc. Tyre tracks found at the scene and casted, to see if they match the two cars,or other cars from the Flat's. I am not saying that this Man is guilty though.

Such a waste of a young Woman's promising Life, her whole Family and Friend's lives devastated and will change forever.

Alpine Aster
Alpine Aster
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1413
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Sat 1 Jan - 14:05

T4two wrote:
tanszi wrote:the irony of all this, amidst all the criticism of the PJ, theres a woman murdered in 1974 and no clues at all, why oh why is there so much criticism when there are unsolved cases in the UK. This is not a criticism of the police, i cannot imagine the difficulties they encounter in trying to close all sorts of serious crimes, its just that some people in glass houses should learn not to throw stones.

No doubt everyone posting on this forum agrees with that sentiment - but that does not rule out expressing doubts as to the methods apparently being employed. There was a time when the arrest of a suspect was announced as, "A man has been arrested ...." or, "A man has been detained and is helping police ..." and the name of a person was first released only once they had been charged. I therefore query the release of this man's identity and the carrying out of the arrest and securing of forensic samples as a kind of media show. I very much hope that the rights of the individual have not been compromised in any way here which could affect a fiuture trial and result in a miscarriage of justice.

Excellent post. Look at the way this was reported: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Peckham-Shooting-Two-More-Held-After-Teen-Killed-And-Two-Others-Stabbed-In-Pelican-Estate-London/Article/201012415875308?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_2&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15875308_Peckham_Shooting%3A_Two_More_Held_After_Teen_Killed_And_Two_Others_Stabbed_In_Pelican_Estate%2C_London

No names given. A friend's son was fatally stabbed just short of his 16th birthday, never part of any gang. I guess it doesn't grab the headlines though as it's just another gang killing. It's just interesting to see what sells papers.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 1 Jan - 14:12

Alpine Aster wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Whoever may be responsible, I just hope that they are charged as soon as possible.

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone know what the Police could possibly be doing with lasers? A reporter this morning read out a sign outside the house saying that lasers were in operation. I can't imagine what that could be for so perhaps someone more knowledgeable could enlighten me.

I do believe the laser is used for detecting fingerprint's that are not visible to the Human eye.

Perhaps the Police are waiting for Forensic Test's to come back the Test's take time, fibres hair DNA etc. Tyre tracks found at the scene and casted, to see if they match the two cars,or other cars from the Flat's. I am not saying that this Man is guilty though.

Such a waste of a young Woman's promising Life, her whole Family and Friend's lives devastated and will change forever.

Yes, amongst other traces. I do hope that 'conclusive' evidence is found.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 1 Jan - 14:16

T4two wrote:
Chris wrote:

If true, not armchair detective hindsight, but fundamental flaws in the investigation - how the UK media would have loved plastering this all over their headlines if the murder had happened in Portugal and the PJ were running things.

Not necessarily. Remember at least 48 hours had elapsed before the police even had a missing person report and started trying to piece together her last movements. CCTV of her buying a pizza wasn't released I think until about a week later so may not have been known about for several days.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sat 1 Jan - 14:17

Don't know if I've missed anything but thought I saw a headline saying that the body may have been in another flat. Has anyone else seen that and, if so, why haven't they sent the dogs in?

Or will our media only report the dogs if they find coconuts.
jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Sat 1 Jan - 14:18

It's true that media coverage has changed over such matters, but it has to be said that as a suspect Jefferies is particularly fascinating with his flamboyant appearance and personality and his connections with a prestigious public school.

Last edited by fedrules on Sat 1 Jan - 14:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inaccurate part of post removed)
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next