Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  docmac Wed 19 Jan - 8:08

AnnaEsse wrote:Mr Clifford said: “He has already branded Shrien a ‘murdering ­monkey’. Now he has tried and convicted him. You can understand why the family are so apprehensive about what awaits them if they go back to South Africa.”
Always thought there was a possibility of other family members being 'in it'. Is this a slip of the tongue?
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 19 Jan - 8:16

docmac wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Mr Clifford said: “He has already branded Shrien a ‘murdering ­monkey’. Now he has tried and convicted him. You can understand why the family are so apprehensive about what awaits them if they go back to South Africa.”
Always thought there was a possibility of other family members being 'in it'. Is this a slip of the tongue?

That's interesting. I didn't quite pick up on that. It won't be the first time that an Asian family has got rid of the daughter-in-law. Unfortunately, in the UK there aren't the kind of cooking stoves that a woman might set herself on fire with.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 19 Jan - 8:23

AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:

That's interesting. I didn't quite pick up on that. It won't be the first time that an Asian family has got rid of the daughter-in-law. Unfortunately, in the UK there aren't the kind of cooking stoves that a woman might set herself on fire with.

'Unfortunately' for some of the men, yes. Fortunately for some of those poor women though!
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 19 Jan - 8:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:

I get the impression that it's now his family against hers. Her family is fighting for her since she obviously cannot fight for herself, so Clifford has lined up the whole of the Dewani family against them. Not only Shrien who is worried about not getting a fair trial and won't go back then, but the whole family 'cos he's innocent and they're fighting for him see. That's PR - no idea whether they're 'in it' or not, but I don't think it was a slip of the tongue by Clifford.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 19 Jan - 9:37

T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:

I get the impression that it's now his family against hers. Her family is fighting for her since she obviously cannot fight for herself, so Clifford has lined up the whole of the Dewani family against them. Not only Shrien who is worried about not getting a fair trial and won't go back then, but the whole family 'cos he's innocent and they're fighting for him see. That's PR - no idea whether they're 'in it' or not, but I don't think it was a slip of the tongue by Clifford.

What is interesting about the power of PR is that we are on first name terms with Dewani. Take for example today's Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3357849/Cops-Dewani-motive-claim.html

How often do you get to see someone suspected of involvement in a murder addressed like a victim in our tabloids. Of course the Sun is reputedly Max's favourite outlet.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Wed 19 Jan - 10:21

It'll be very interesting to find out what the supposed motive is, as so far the lack of any obvious motive is one of the puzzling things in the case if Shrien Dewani is involved. A motive, if supported by evidence, would IMO make extradition pretty likely.

All these claims about no possibility of a fair trial are par for the course when someone is accused of a crime in another country, in the same vein as allegations that the dreadful foreign police are framing the poor innocent British person for the crime in a bid to protect their tourist trade, etc. I sincerely hope we're not due for another 'bungling, corrupt foreign police force' onslaught by the likes of the Sun, the paper that seems to be of the opinion that no British person could ever commit a crime in another country, that the nasty foreigners are at it again, fitting up British people to cover their own ineptitude.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Wed 19 Jan - 14:34

Dimsie wrote:It'll be very interesting to find out what the supposed motive is, as so far the lack of any obvious motive is one of the puzzling things in the case if Shrien Dewani is involved. A motive, if supported by evidence, would IMO make extradition pretty likely.

All these claims about no possibility of a fair trial are par for the course when someone is accused of a crime in another country, in the same vein as allegations that the dreadful foreign police are framing the poor innocent British person for the crime in a bid to protect their tourist trade, etc. I sincerely hope we're not due for another 'bungling, corrupt foreign police force' onslaught by the likes of the Sun, the paper that seems to be of the opinion that no British person could ever commit a crime in another country, that the nasty foreigners are at it again, fitting up British people to cover their own ineptitude.

The main reason for her murder I believe is : He is gay, I believe the SA Coppers have a written statement from the German guy who was paid three times for sex by Mr Dewani.

I am from South Africa, my whole family still live there and believe you me, the cops are very very CORRUPT, you can buy your way out of a situation for a couple of hundred rand, BUT not this, I firmly belive they are right on this and Mr Cele of ALL people will not risk looking stupid if HE was not certain of his involvement.

The crime rate is EXTREMELY high BUT it is NOT the motis oprandi the "hijackers" use, by that I mean they usually rape kill and steal the car...................wherin this case is totally out of character.

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Jan - 15:15

Chris wrote:
T4two wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
docmac wrote:

What is interesting about the power of PR is that we are on first name terms with Dewani. Take for example today's Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3357849/Cops-Dewani-motive-claim.html

How often do you get to see someone suspected of involvement in a murder addressed like a victim in our tabloids. Of course the Sun is reputedly Max's favourite outlet.

Given his fine reputation as purveyor of slappers' kiss-and-tell stories to grubby tabloids, that's hardly surprising.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 19 Jan - 22:03

The Department of Justice has said it would "possibly consider" a deal with Shrien Dewani's legal team for him to return to South Africa to stand trial for his alleged role in the murder of his wife, Anni.

Justice spokesman Tlali Tlali said the department had not been formally approached by Dewani's legal team, but that "any proposition that is consistent with our original intent (to have him stand trial on South African soil) may possibly be given consideration"...
http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article860991.ece/Dewani-deal-possible

I guess we'll find out soon enough now. The extradition hearing is but hours away.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Wed 19 Jan - 22:16

Karen wrote:
Dimsie wrote:It'll be very interesting to find out what the supposed motive is, as so far the lack of any obvious motive is one of the puzzling things in the case if Shrien Dewani is involved. A motive, if supported by evidence, would IMO make extradition pretty likely.

The main reason for her murder I believe is : He is gay, I believe the SA Coppers have a written statement from the German guy who was paid three times for sex by Mr Dewani.

I am from South Africa, my whole family still live there and believe you me, the cops are very very CORRUPT, you can buy your way out of a situation for a couple of hundred rand, BUT not this, I firmly belive they are right on this and Mr Cele of ALL people will not risk looking stupid if HE was not certain of his involvement.

The crime rate is EXTREMELY high BUT it is NOT the motis oprandi the "hijackers" use, by that I mean they usually rape kill and steal the car...................wherin this case is totally out of character.

As usual SEX will be involved somewhere, its funny coz my sister has thought that Dewani could be gay, well if they have a written confession from this German guy, who is prepared to be a witness in court then Dewani is def in the Doo Doo as the OP says.

Last edited by buildersbum on Wed 19 Jan - 22:18; edited 1 time in total
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 19 Jan - 22:18

docmac wrote:
The Department of Justice has said it would "possibly consider" a deal with Shrien Dewani's legal team for him to return to South Africa to stand trial for his alleged role in the murder of his wife, Anni.

Justice spokesman Tlali Tlali said the department had not been formally approached by Dewani's legal team, but that "any proposition that is consistent with our original intent (to have him stand trial on South African soil) may possibly be given consideration"...

I guess we'll find out soon enough now. The extradition hearing is but hours away.
Looking forward to seeing how the hearing goes tomorrow doc LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 944533
Will be very interesting!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 19 Jan - 22:19

buildersbum wrote:
Karen wrote:

As usual SEX will be intwind somewhere, its funny coz my sister said she though Dewani could be gay, well if the have a written confession from this German guy, then Dewani is def in the Doo Doo as the OP says.

If he is gay, it could be worse...if he was Muslim, he'd be in danger of being hanged if he set foot in a country like Saudi!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Wed 19 Jan - 22:21

wjk wrote:
docmac wrote:

Looking forward to seeing how the hearing goes tomorrow doc LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 944533
Will be very interesting!
Indeedy! I would love to attend the trial too.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 19 Jan - 22:43

I had heard rumours that Dewani was gay, but I was still taken aback by some recent video footage of him at the police station in the UK. The way he moves and walks are extremely camp... it is unmissable, even within the few seconds of the footage I saw. Plus he looked very arrogant.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Wed 19 Jan - 22:58

There was a time when half the male stars in Hollywood were gay and all had wives as alibis because being gay would have ruined them at the time, but they didn't go around having their wives murdered. Dewani may well be gay - can someone explain why this would be a motive for having his wife killed? Why did he get married in the first place?
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 19 Jan - 23:15

T4two wrote: There was a time when half the male stars in Hollywood were gay and all had wives as alibis because being gay would have ruined them at the time, but they didn't go around having their wives murdered. Dewani may well be gay - can someone explain why this would be a motive for having his wife killed? Why did he get married in the first place?

In Hollywood it was a mutual agreement, and the wives were a part of the cover up.

Perhaps Dewani hates women.... and his family pushed him to get married? Perhaps his father demanded he start a family? Though I can't see how it can have escaped the bride and her family's notice just how very feminine he is.

Mostly I would guess he is just plain unhinged.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 20 Jan - 1:05

I simply don't understand the significance of his being gay or not as a motive. I'm not familiar with Indian culture so I don't know whether his being gay would be some kind of disgrace or was there a lot of money involved? Getting married and having your bride murdered shortly afterwards because you're actually gay doesn't seem to make any sense to me and if I was a member of the jury I'd need a very convincing explanation to understand this motive. Was he forced into it by his family perhaps and if he had refused would they have murdered him? He could of course be simply unhinged, but then being gay would not be such a factor. Perhaps Max makes him walk around with a Barbie doll so that he looks unhinged ... LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 303636
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 Empty South African cops quiz rent boy over Dewani

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 20 Jan - 7:49

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3361252/South-African-cops-quiz-rent-boy-over-Dewani.html

The Sun has a photo of the alleged rent boy, a man who looks like he's in his 30s. The term 'rent boy,' to me means a young person in his teens, not a man in his 30s, but I guess, 'rent boy,' is much more sensational than 'male prostitute.'

A RENT boy who claims murdered bride Anni Dewani's husband paid him for sex has been quizzed for two days by police.

The shaven-headed, 16½-stone prostitute from Munich calls himself The German Master and likes posing in leather gear.

Senior South African investigator Lieutenant Colonel Mike Barkhuizen and Scotland Yard detectives went to his UK home in the Midlands to seek proof of his alleged contacts with Shrien Dewani, 30.

Dewani is facing extradition to South Africa to answer allegations he had Anni killed as they honeymooned in Cape Town. He denies being gay, saying he and Anni, 28, were "blissfully happy".

And he has dismissed claims he was involved in the murder last November as "ludicrous".

The rent boy claims he was paid £1,100 for three sex sessions with care homes boss Dewani in Britain.

He has signed a statement and been warned he may need to give evidence at a South African trial.

It is understood his mobile phone records are being checked. Calls data can show links between phones and pinpoint a person's location.

The revelation came as millionaire Dewani's family revealed he was ill and would not attend an extradition hearing in London today.

South African police said this week that they had established an alleged motive for Shrien to kill Anni - and may reveal it in court today.

They also revealed they had been told the British businessman had suffered a sex problem - and discussed it with Anni's dad Vinod, 61.

A highly-placed South African police source told The Sun last night: "Investigators have established Shrien told Anni's father he was suffering from a medical problem in relation to his private life.

"Just before the wedding, he told the dad his problem was 'better'."

In a further development, Cape Town police sources told The Sun that Dewani could be quizzed in court over concerns he tried to obstruct the inquiry.

Detectives say PIN numbers he gave them to activate his phone after the murder were incorrect.

The rent boy was first questioned by British police last month. They sent a dossier to South Africa.

McIntosh Polela, a spokesman for the police unit running the Dewani investigation, confirmed Col Barkhuizen had gathered "good leads" since arriving in London last week.

Taxi driver Zola Tongo, 31, has claimed Dewani paid him to hire gunmen who staged a fake carjack. Anni was found shot dead next day.

Dewani, of Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, was arrested last month and is on £250,000 bail.

His agent Max Clifford said last night: "Shrien is getting used to hearing all these malicious lies but the truth will come out in court."

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Thu 20 Jan - 8:00

http://news.iafrica.com/sa/699773.html

'Ill' Dewani to miss court

That was always going to happen.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 20 Jan - 8:03

docmac wrote:http://news.iafrica.com/sa/699773.html

Maybe he's skipped the country, gone to India dressed in a burqa!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Thu 20 Jan - 8:57

Dewani is to be represented by Papier, who once represented Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on sexual assault allegations made while he was in Cape Town.

According to his CV on the website of his lawfirm he was voted Lawyer of the Year in 2006. He lists his specialities as commercial, tax and fisheries law. The Harvard and University of the Western Cape attorney had also built a reputation for pro-bono work.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/top-cape-lawyer-to-help-dewani-1.1014384

That's a little like getting specialist extradition lawyers to...

Or hiring a firm of investigators specializing in money laundering to...

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 294124
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Jan - 8:59

T4two wrote:I simply don't understand the significance of his being gay or not as a motive. I'm not familiar with Indian culture so I don't know whether his being gay would be some kind of disgrace or was there a lot of money involved? Getting married and having your bride murdered shortly afterwards because you're actually gay doesn't seem to make any sense to me and if I was a member of the jury I'd need a very convincing explanation to understand this motive. Was he forced into it by his family perhaps and if he had refused would they have murdered him? He could of course be simply unhinged, but then being gay would not be such a factor. Perhaps Max makes him walk around with a Barbie doll so that he looks unhinged ... LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 303636

Well he certainly doesn't do it to demonstrate how very macho and straight he is...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 20 Jan - 9:22

Popcorn wrote:
T4two wrote:I simply don't understand the significance of his being gay or not as a motive. I'm not familiar with Indian culture so I don't know whether his being gay would be some kind of disgrace or was there a lot of money involved? Getting married and having your bride murdered shortly afterwards because you're actually gay doesn't seem to make any sense to me and if I was a member of the jury I'd need a very convincing explanation to understand this motive. Was he forced into it by his family perhaps and if he had refused would they have murdered him? He could of course be simply unhinged, but then being gay would not be such a factor. Perhaps Max makes him walk around with a Barbie doll so that he looks unhinged ... LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 303636

Well he certainly doesn't do it to demonstrate how very macho and straight he is...

More likely he is very sleazy and very spoilt and a sociopath! Being gay would have to be factored into the investigation though, because if his wife didn't know, then right there is the foundation for something going very awry.

If he hangs out with rent boys etc, it would also be relevant as far as his character goes and the type of people he socialises with, and if he got into serious debt due to drugs or gambling, etc, just as it would be relevant if a heterosexual wallowed in the world of vice and prostitution and murdered his wife on their honeymoon! Being gay is perhaps an explanation of why he was not in love with his wife, and could be a motive for killing her if she was about to leave him due to his sexuality.

So only two motives as far as I can see, 1) His wife found out he was gay, and/or he subjected her to deviant sexual behaviour - and the marriage was over by the time they reached their honeymoon, and he knew for sure she would leave him immediately, and bring shame on him, or 2) Money! imo

Last edited by pennylane on Thu 20 Jan - 12:25; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 20 Jan - 9:50

The rent boy claims he was paid £1,100 for three sex sessions with care homes boss Dewani in Britain.

I'm in the wrong job! LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 16 294124
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 20 Jan - 9:56

docmac wrote:http://news.iafrica.com/sa/699773.html

Yep ! Sky saying he's too ill to attend!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next