Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

+51
AnnaEsse
chrissie
Lillyofthevalley
Badboy
Loopdaloop
mara thon
fuzeta
Angelina
Annabel
buildersbum
margaret
halfamo
Indigo
docmac
tanszi
Dimsie
Angelique
jejune
fred
Karen
POPPY1
blossom45
lifeisforliving
T4two
SteveT
pennylane
Chris
Alpine Aster
mumbles
zodiac
Wallflower
bootsy
MaryB
Midas
Christine
Fudge
contrary
Roasted Arizona
xtina
frencheuropean
Colonel Fabien
dutchclogs
maebee
nospinnaker
jassi
keepingmum
Carolina
Claudia79
flower
hobnob
fedrules
55 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Empty Re: LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER

Post  Panda Thu 9 Aug - 8:47

Husband Is Blamed In Anni Dewani Court Papers

The man sentenced to 25 years in jail for the murder of honeymooner Anni Dewani says he was paid by her husband.

4:15pm UK, Wednesday 08 August 2012

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Composite-dewani-2-1-522x293
Video: Mngeni (left) And Qwabe At Court
Enlarge

!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en-GB'};

(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();

The man jailed for 25 years for the murder of honeymooner Anni Dewani has accused her husband Shrien of paying for her death.

Mziwamadoda Qwabe admitted kidnapping, robbery, murder and possession of an unlicensed firearm during a pre-trial review at the Western Cape Court.

The 27-year-old reached a plea bargain agreement with the state prosecution, and in a 17-page court document Qwabe explains how he became involved in the plot to kill her.

He accuses Shrien Dewani of planning and paying for the "job" through the couple's taxi driver Zola Tongo.

He writes: "Zola told me that he will bring a couple into the township and that the husband wanted his wife killed.

"Zola said that it had to look like a hijacking and robbery."

He said that he agreed to take part in the crime in return for 15,000 rand (£1,116), which had been left in a package behind the front passenger seat of the car, and Tongo's mobile phone, which would be taken in the robbery.

"The agreement was that Zola and the husband (now known to me as Shrien Dewani) would be unharmed and that the deceased would be kidnapped, robbed and killed.

"The kidnapping and robbery were part of the plan to make it appear that this was a random criminal act, unconnected to Zola and the husband."

Mrs Dewani, from Sweden, was shot and killed after the taxi she and her husband were travelling in was hijacked in Gugulethu on the outskirts of Cape Town on November 13, 2010.

Her husband, who is from Bristol, is fighting extradition to South Africa.

South African police say Mr Dewani hired three local men - Qwabe, taxi driver Zola Tongo, and Xolile Mngeni, to kill Anni, 28.

Tongo, who was jailed for 18 years after turning state witness and pleading guilty, also claimed that Dewani had ordered the carjacking and paid him to arrange it.

Mngeni, who is suffering from a malignant brain tumour, is due in court later.

Dewani's lawyers claim that he needs up to a year to recover from stress and depression before he will be fit to be extradited
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Empty Cousin: 'I slept in the same room as Anni on the night of wedding

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 19 Aug - 14:26

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Image-24-for-people-pics-19-aug-2012-gallery-459474225

Anni Dewani and Sneha

Murdered bride Anni Dewani spent her wedding night with her cousin after her husband refused to sleep with her, according to new evidence.

Tearful Anni summoned Sneha Hindocha - her best friend - to share her honeymoon suite after Shrien Dewani allegedly would not consummate their union.

And in a series of heartbreaking texts between the pair, Anni reveals her anguish at her new marriage - before her death in an apparent car-jacking days later.

Anni's uncle Ashok Hindocha said: "She called Sneha to her honeymoon suite in the Mumbai Marriott on the wedding night.

"Anni was extremely upset and asked Sneha to stay with her. Shrien slept on the sofa and the girls in the bedroom.

"Sneha has informed South African police of this and she may be asked to give evidence in court. It has been a very difficult time for Sneha. Anni was her best friend and she misses her every minute of every day. They shared all their secrets and stayed together in London."

In the text exchanges, Anni describes Dewani as a "monster" and talked of leaving him before and after their lavish wedding.

In one message she stresses she is considering calling off the marriage, but fears that plans are too advanced and guests "have booked their flights already".

In another, Anni, 28, appears to have made up her mind that Dewani, 32, was not meant to be the man she was destined to spend her life with.

She asked Sneha, 28: "Do you think I will ever find another man?" Anni revealed she had growing doubts over Dewani who she described as "a nice guy".

But she told her father, Vinod, in a phone call that she had something urgent to discuss with him when she returned. Anni also told her father her husband appeared cold towards her and kept "pushing me away".

Anni had already called off the wedding weeks before and thrown her engagement ring back at Dewani.

She accused him of being controlling, but her family advised her that tension over the wedding was behind the jitters.

Bristol-based care home owner Dewani, who it has been alleged had a secret gay sex life, told Swedish engineer Anni's parents that he did not believe in sex before marriage.

Her family are convinced that had she returned home in November 2010, she would have begun divorce proceedings.

The latest revelations have been handed to police in Cape Town who are investigating claims Dewani arranged Anni's death.

She was shot dead by robbers who targeted the taxi the honeymooners had hired to tour Cape Town in November 2010.

But prosecutors say Dewani was in touch with the taxi driver - who set up the execution-style killing - at least 12 times in the 24 hours before the murder and three times after.

Random

He vehemently denies conspiracy to commit murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances and obstructing the administration of justice.

Dewani has claimed he and his wife were victims of a random kidnapping in the Gugulethu township on the edge of Cape Town.

He says his life was spared as the two gunmen ejected him and driver Zola Tongo from the car, before driving off to shoot Anni.

An extradition order was signed this year but the High Mngeni Court temporarily halted proceedings, ruling Dewani unfit to face trial as he is being treated for "depression and post traumatic stress".

The court said he should be sent to Cape Town "as soon as he is fit to be tried".

Sneha is likely to be a key witness at any proceedings.

Her father, Ashok, said: "All she wants, like the rest of our family, is justice for Anni. The full story - every detail of what happened and who did it.

"Then we can grieve properly for this beautiful woman who was beginning her life and had it ended in such evil circumstances." Tongo, 32, has confessed to his part in the killing.

He told police he set up the hit for Dewani for about $2,100 (£1,340) and pledged to testify against him in a plea bargain deal which cut his jail term from 25 to 18 years.

A second man, Mziwamadoda Qwabe, 27, last week admitted his part in the murder and is to be sentenced.

The third accused, Xolile Mngeni, 25, who has a brain tumour, went on trial on Wednesday.

He denies all charges.

http://www.people.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2012/08/19/dewani-murder-bride-shock-i-slept-in-the-same-room-as-anni-on-the-night-of-wedding-102039-23919705/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Aug - 15:10

It seems very strange to take your best friend on honeymoon with you!

I've never read before of there being anyone else with the couple.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 19 Aug - 15:12

Not Born Yesterday wrote:It seems very strange to take your best friend on honeymoon with you!

I've never read before of there being anyone else with the couple.

Seems strange to me too, but then when one of my brothers got married, another brother and his wife went on honeymoon with the just married couple.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Aug - 16:15

I thought it was Annis' Sister who revealed that the couple had a blazing row because Dewani refused to consummate the

marriage. This was News ages ago, so why is it only now being reported to the Police? The fact that Dewani had a lover

in the U.K. was also made public.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 19 Aug - 16:19

Panda wrote:I thought it was Annis' Sister who revealed that the couple had a blazing row because Dewani refused to consummate the

marriage. This was News ages ago, so why is it only now being reported to the Police? The fact that Dewani had a lover

I don't think it has only just been reported to the police. I think it has only just been published by a MSM newspaper. If the cousin is being considered as a witness, then I think the police have known about her and the texts for some time.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Aug - 16:36

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:I thought it was Annis' Sister who revealed that the couple had a blazing row because Dewani refused to consummate the

I don't think it has only just been reported to the police. I think it has only just been published by a MSM newspaper. If the cousin is being considered as a witness, then I think the police have known about her and the texts for some time.

Maybe, but the main consideration now is to get a second opinion on Dewani's state of mind .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 19 Aug - 16:42

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Maybe, but the main consideration now is to get a second opinion on Dewani's state of mind .

There are second opinions Panda. I'll look later on Twitter where I saw them. A nurse stated that Dewani was a fraud, demanding special treatment and there is a psychiatrist who has given a second opinion.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 19 Aug - 17:03

I don't think that the Panorama programme of 29th March has been mentioned here before. It's still available to U K viewers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01f6qvw/Panorama_The_Honeymoon_Murder/

It's presented by the well-known ghoul hater Jeremy Vine!

There is no sign of Anni's cousin on the CCTV footage.

P.S. I've just realised that Anni's cousin was there when the wedding took place in India - it wasn't until 9 days later that the couple went on their own to South Africa.

Last edited by Not Born Yesterday on Sun 19 Aug - 17:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sentence added)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 19 Aug - 18:47

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I don't think that the Panorama programme of 29th March has been mentioned here before. It's still available to U K viewers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01f6qvw/Panorama_The_Honeymoon_Murder/

It's presented by the well-known ghoul hater Jeremy Vine!

There is no sign of Anni's cousin on the CCTV footage.

P.S. I've just realised that Anni's cousin was there when the wedding took place in India - it wasn't until 9 days later that the couple went on their own to South Africa.

Thanks NBY, Iv'e just finished watching it and am not sure at all what's true. I remember a video where dewani was seen handing an envelope to a man in the Hotel.......was this a recon? Also, Annis' sister said the couple had a giogantic row because Dewani wouldn't consumate the marriage which is then she found out he was Gay.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 31 Aug - 10:45

BREAKING NEWS: BRITISH CROWN PROSECUTION SERVICE INVESTIGATING PROFESSORS KOPELMAN AND EASTMAN WHO GAVE EVIDENCE TO DEWANI EXTRADITION HEARING

"“eNCA can now confirm that British Crown Prosecution Service is investigating a partnership between two expert witnesses in the extradition hearings of Shrien Dewani.

The pair was instrumental in the court’s decision to temporarily halt Dewani’s extradition to stand trial for the murder of his wife Anni.

Earlier this year, the High Court in London temporarily halted Dewani’s extradition pending an improvement in his mental state. It was heard he was suffering from PTSD as well as depression.

Anni Dewani, his wife, was shot dead in an alleged botched hijacking in Cape Town in November 2010.”

Leigh_ann Jansen, Cape Town reported that :

“Forensic Psychaitry Chambers (LLP). This registered psychiatric practice seems to be at the centre of controversy. It was formed in July 2011 at the time of murder mastermind accused Shrien Dewani’s extradition hearings.

Listed among its directors, Professors Michael Koppelman and Nigel Eastman. Koppelman was hired to represent South African authorities in their bid to extradite Dewani to stand trial for the murder of his wife Anni,

Eastman was to prevent evidence in Dewani’s defence.

Koppleman’s testimony is believed to have been instrumental in the courts temporarily halting their decision.

In July 2011, he told the UK courts that the problem with extraditing Dewani, even if South Africa has the best psychiatric facilities, is that once Dewani is extradtited it would be difficult to get him to a state where he is fit to stand trial.

BUT unbeknown to the British Crown Prosecutions, Koppelman and Eastman started a practice together that some month. It’s now investigating a possible conflict of interest.

A spokes person for the Service would not be pressed on the consequences this could have on psychiatrists or Dewani’s extradition.

Dewani has been protesting his innocence and fighting extradition since his arrest in December 2010.

A medical review hearing is expected to be heard in the Westminister Magistrates Court next month”."

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Anni/posts/430725580311674
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 31 Aug - 16:15

WOW AnnaEsse......who would have thought it??? Could it be these two were being paid by Dewani's Family? why else would they get together ?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 31 Aug - 16:18

Panda wrote:WOW AnnaEsse......who would have thought it??? Could it be these two were being paid by Dewani's Family? why else would they get together ?

Quite shocking Panda, that witnesses for the defence and the prosecution went into business together. There's lots coming out on Twitter about this case. So many witnesses reporting Dewani's part in Anni's death.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 31 Aug - 16:24

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:WOW AnnaEsse......who would have thought it??? Could it be these two were being paid by Dewani's Family? why else would they get together ?

Quite shocking Panda, that witnesses for the defence and the prosecution went into business together. There's lots coming out on Twitter about this case. So many witnesses reporting Dewani's part in Anni's death.

Well at last it looks like justice will be done and Annis' family will be pleased at this turn of events, as will South Africa.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 31 Aug - 18:14

Wow! Only just seen this!!
Lets hope its the breakthrough thats needed to get Anni justice.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 31 Aug - 19:06

This is very good news, as hopefully in the Maddy case........could someone have spoken out for this to be investigated, here's hoping and LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 782309
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 31 Aug - 21:20

Is know body not BENT?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 1 Sep - 0:12

Just read this in the sun today:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4515059/Secret-links-of-Dewani-shrinks.html

PSYCHIATRISTS from opposing sides who helped the husband of murdered bride Anni Dewani stave off extradition were business partners, it emerged yesterday.
Professor Michael Kopelman was hired by prosecutors to assess the mental state of Shrien Dewani — wanted in South Africa on a charge of plotting Anni’s killing.
Dewani, 32, in turn hired Professor Nigel Eastman to provide another opinion for his defence.
The experts issued a joint statement in which Prof Eastman agreed with Prof Kopelman that Dewani had depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Prof Michael Kopelman ... hired by prosecutors to help assess Shrien Dewani
Photo News Old Scotland
Their evidence last July persuaded the High Court in London to suspend the extradition of Dewani on the basis that he was too ill to plead.
But what Prof Kopelman did not tell the court was that he and Prof Eastman became business partners 13 days before making their joint statement. There is no suggestion their joint testimony was in any way altered or tainted by the business link, or that either in any way misled the court in giving their opinion.
The Crown Prosecution Service, which is acting on behalf of the South African government in the extradition process, confirmed to The Sun that its lawyers were never told of the link.

Hired by Dewani ... Prof Nigel Eastman
Ray Collins
Prosecutors were last night urgently considering their response.
And the angry family of Swedish-born Anni, 28, last night demanded an inquiry, concerned that the business link could raise issues of an apparent conflict of interest.
Anni’s uncle Ashok Hindocha stormed: “What the hell is going on? All we want is justice.”
Anni was shot dead while on honeymoon in South Africa with Dewani. The murder in Cape Town in 2010 was allegedly staged to look like a bungled kidnapping.
Hitman Mziwamadoda Qwabe, 27, was sentenced to 25 years this month. He said he carried out the execution with Xolile Mngeni, 23, on the orders of care-home tycoon Dewani, of Bristol.
Taxi driver Zola Tongo, 32, drove the newlyweds to the spot where Dewani was bundled from the car before his wife was shot in the neck. Qwabe and Tongo implicated Dewani in plea bargains.

Tragic bride ... Anni Dewani with husband Shrien
Dewani insists he is innocent. He opposed extradition, claiming he could contract HIV by being raped in South African prisons and mental illness made him unfit to plead.
The two psychiatrists hired had set up Forensic Psychiatry Chambers and registered themselves as joint directors with six others.
A General Medical Council source said it was usual for expert witnesses from the same organisation to inform the court, to ensure no concerns over potential conflicts of interest. The source added: “It would have been sensible to have sought an unrelated person’s opinion.”
Prof Kopelman, 62, would not comment on the case. Prof Eastman, 67, said: “Any expert opinion I provide continues to be independent.
“My only duty is to the court, which is not affected by my membership of a medical chambers.”
Dewani’s extradition had been approved but was temporarily halted in March on mental health grounds. He is said to need a year to recover. A hearing is set for September 18.

People are idiots if they are naive enough to think that this sort of thing does not go on all the time.

This is the sort of thing which has saved the Mccann's from jail

It is wholesale corruption. People looking after their 'own'.
There needs to be a new political party in this country, free from corruption, made up from the people and from those who actually have had to work for a living.

Its outrageous.

This is a prime example of why we should continue funding the Mccann review.

Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 1 Sep - 11:27

Justice 4Anni ‏@Justice4Anni
Dewani extradition could be revived if medical evidence given to the Court is now thrown out
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Sep - 10:34

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani Hearing adjourned till 12 October. Judge says he agrees with psychiatrist report not being rushed.

11m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani Dewani's lawyer says he is disappointed by delay.

12m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani SA gov lawyer says Dewani mental health is improving.

16m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani South Africa gov lawyer says psychiatrist report on Mr Dewani not yet complete.
Expand Collapse

26m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#dewani Today's hearing is for judge to hear assessment of Mr Dewani by psychiatrist for South Africa government
Expand Collapse

I'm glad the judge agrees with not rushing the report, especially as his health is improving. Best to wait until it has significantly improved and then get on with the extradition.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 18 Sep - 11:02

chrissie wrote:martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani Hearing adjourned till 12 October. Judge says he agrees with psychiatrist report not being rushed.

11m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani Dewani's lawyer says he is disappointed by delay.

12m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani SA gov lawyer says Dewani mental health is improving.

16m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#Dewani South Africa gov lawyer says psychiatrist report on Mr Dewani not yet complete.
Expand Collapse

26m martinbrunt martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt

#dewani Today's hearing is for judge to hear assessment of Mr Dewani by psychiatrist for South Africa government
Expand Collapse

I'm glad the judge agrees with not rushing the report, especially as his health is improving. Best to wait until it has significantly improved and then get on with the extradition.

Yes, best to wait until he can be seen to have improved, although I suspect he's just a sniveling coward who got his own way as a child by having a tummy upset and now thinks he'll avoid facing responsibility by being ill. Just my opinion, of course, but I think he's a fraud.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Sep - 11:03

And I agree with your opinion, IMO LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 25346
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Tue 18 Sep - 13:22

http://usecmagazine.usecnetwork.com/uk/?p=49188

A businessman wanted in South Africa for the honeymoon murder of his wife is set to apply to be treated on an open NHS rehabilitation ward after an improvement in his mental health, a court has heard.

Dr Paul Cantrell, the psychiatrist treating Shrien Dewani, would “wish to see” a relaxation in his bail conditions to help in his treatment and ensure his continued recovery, Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London was told.

The 32-year-old is currently being held at Fromeside Clinic, a secure mental health hospital in Bristol where he is subject to a curfew and must be accompanied by staff when he leaves.

Hugo Keith QC, for the South African authorities, said Dewani’s defence has written to the court and the CPS on Friday including a letter from Dr Cantrell, who described Dewani’s depression as having “materially improved”.

The letter said: “It is now to be described as moderate rather than severe, that he still suffers however from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and that in order to assist in his treatment and to ensure a continued recovery not only would Dr Cantrell wish to see a relaxation of the bail conditions concerning his curfew and also the obligation that he be accompanied by a member of Fromeside staff when he leaves the premises but in fact that he should leave Fromeside altogether with a view to being placed in an open NHS rehabilitation ward in the community.”

The hearing was told that a report by a psychiatrist employed by the South African authorities on Mr Dewani’s mental health has not yet been completed.

The report was requested after an earlier hearing at which Clare Montgomery QC told the court that Mr Dewani needed 12 months to recover from depression and PTSD before being able to deal with the extradition process.

Dewani, who is accused of arranging the contract killing of his wife Anni in Cape Town in November 2010, is receiving treatment after being sectioned and deemed a suicide risk.

He has previously pledged to clear his name.

The case was adjourned for a further hearing on October 2. An application to vary his bail conditions may be heard on October 12.

Source: uk.news.yahoo.com
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

LATEST NEWS ON DEWANI MURDER - Page 24 Empty Anni Dewani murder: South African Man found guilty

Post  Panda Mon 19 Nov - 12:01

19 November 2012 Last updated at 11:45