Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sex lessons for 5/7year olds

+9
Badboy
jeanie
tanszi
Chris
margaret
AnnaEsse
RIORITA
Angelique
Justiceforallkids
13 posters

Go down

sex lessons for 5/7year olds Empty sex lessons for 5/7year olds

Post  jeanie Wed 9 Mar - 16:00

jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :
sex lessons for 5/7year olds Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sex lessons for 5/7year olds Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

sex lessons for 5/7year olds Empty Re: sex lessons for 5/7year olds

Post  Mollyonthecloud Wed 9 Mar - 16:08

Please tell me thats a sick joke.

I feel sick.

Mollyonthecloud
Mollyonthecloud
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 101
Warning :
sex lessons for 5/7year olds Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100sex lessons for 5/7year olds Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 9 Mar - 16:11

when iwas about 8 or 9 i read where do we come from lol
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 9 Mar - 17:03

Whilst I wouldn't want to go over the top - I abhor this sort of sexualisation in young children.

I don't agree with it - it's like saying "this is the normal reading matter for children" - which it is not.

If this stuff was used in another context it could be called "grooming".
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Wed 9 Mar - 17:06

For jees sake why can't they let children be children? I think people who come up with this
c..p have something seriously wrong with them. It breaks my heart to think about these
wee kids taking on this responsibility. Absolute rubbish.
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mollyonthecloud Wed 9 Mar - 17:13

Angelique wrote:Whilst I wouldn't want to go over the top - I abhor this sort of sexualisation in young children.

I don't agree with it - it's like saying "this is the normal reading matter for children" - which it is not.

If this stuff was used in another context it could be called "grooming".

Exactly.
Mollyonthecloud
Mollyonthecloud
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 9 Mar - 18:00

I was quite appalled when I learned that some schools were giving out free condoms to 11 year olds, but this just boggles my mind. If parents want their 5/7 year old children to learn about sex, that's up to them, but in school those children have much more interesting and age-appropriate subjects to focus on.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 9 Mar - 18:30

THEY SHOULD BE GETTING THE BASICS RIGHT(THE 3 RS ETC),A TAXIDRIVER WAS TELLING ME HOW MANY SCHOOL LEAVERS CAN'T READ,WRITE OR ADD UP,SCHOOLS SHOULD CONCRENTATE ON TEACHING THE BASICS,NOT SEX
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 9 Mar - 18:54

Well l was going to say if they're old enough to ask they're old enough to know - albeit in a way that is specific for their age but having looked at the article and what's intended l agree it's way too far and yes could be construed as grooming in another context.

I think something has to be done about our high rate of teenage pregnancy but that is too much. Why can't kids be kids these days.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 9 Mar - 19:20

Putting aside for one minute the ethical etc issues of introduction of sex education at such a young age, is the Mail really correct that the "space hopper position" is cleared for use with 5 year olds? What else is there? 101 uses for a bouncy castle? Doctors and nurses - new uses for the dressing up box?
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 9 Mar - 20:27

You couldnt make it up. Not enough cash for schools for teachers, for books and pens and stuff, but jeez got enough to teach them about sex, id like to know who came up with the idea and more to the point why? What people want to teach such young children about sex and positions. I bought some children in the family space hoppers, theyre going back!
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanie Wed 9 Mar - 20:54

imo..children that age dont really have a concept of reproduction...might even frighten some littluns,,,whatever happended to the stork
jeanie
jeanie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 446
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 9 Mar - 20:58

jeanie wrote:imo..children that age dont really have a concept of reproduction...might even frighten some littluns,,,whatever happended to the stork
THE STORK HAS BEEN MADE REDUNANT DUE TO CUTBACKS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Mollyonthecloud Thu 10 Mar - 13:26

Chris wrote:Putting aside for one minute the ethical etc issues of introduction of sex education at such a young age, is the Mail really correct that the "space hopper position" is cleared for use with 5 year olds? What else is there? 101 uses for a bouncy castle? Doctors and nurses - new uses for the dressing up box?

I thought I was seeing things. sex lessons for 5/7year olds 29204 What a strange imagination the authors have.

I remember the outrage (from me included) about the 'position of the week' in a teenage girls mag. I was horrorfied. But this latest malarky is truly awful.

They cynical side of me might say that it is grooming but from a commercial aspect. Sex sells. It's all around us constantly in TV ads, music, movies. I just wonder if it's an attempt to engage us consumer units as early as possible. Whatever it is, it's horrid. sex lessons for 5/7year olds 477442
Mollyonthecloud
Mollyonthecloud
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 10 Mar - 14:19

Good God!!!! You couldn't make it up. I'd like to put it down to being a typical Daily mail story, but don't think it is! I know kids are a bit more streetwise now, but Jesus!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 10 Mar - 15:36

Bloody hell! I thought music videos and some ad's were bad enough but that takes the absolute biscuit!!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Curiousfox Thu 10 Mar - 17:01

Surely at that age its for the parents to answer any questions a child might have, of course sex education is necessary but, at 5? It all seems strangely perverse to me sex lessons for 5/7year olds 303636
I used to work for a major retailer, had better not name them i suppose but, they introduced some very sexy clothes for little girls, youngest age fitting was 3, we couldn't believe it, we wanted to refuse to put them on sale, however we were threatened with disciplinary action if we didnt but, you know what? Mothers were actually purchasing the damn clothes for their little girls, Lord knows what the Mums were thinking.... that little whatsername was 'fashionable'......
Curiousfox
Curiousfox

Female
Number of posts : 32
Warning :

Back to top Go down