Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sat 26 Mar - 14:47



The protest March in London today involved people from all walks of life , around half a million, and was well organised and peaceful. However, the
usual Anarchists hiding underneatch black Hoods tried to get into TopMan in Oxford Street. Police say Ammonia light bulbs have been thrown at them.
Undercover Police spotted 4 young protesters and they were taken away. Smoke bombs and paint bombs thrown. Next stop Dorothy Perkins.

Next stop Shaftesbury Ave. where HSBC bank has been targetted.These cowardly yobs, rightly protest at the Tax avoidance of big Business and Banks,
but why they have to behave like hooligans is beyond me. they alienate themselves from law abiding Citizens. If they were proud to show their Faces
and protest calmly like the protesters who have marched from all over the U.K. to Trafalgar square, they would have much more support.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 14:57

Apparently there's a group (~500) of anarchists called Black Bloc at the march

@Jono_Warren

Black bloc letting off smoke flares as they march up Regent St. #26March


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sat 26 Mar - 15:07

Carmen, Ritz Hotel also targetted, Ed Milliband made a speech but a middle aged couple complaining about Pensions, apparently the lowest in Europe
said Milliband shouldn"t have made the speech because he was close to Gordon Brown who has caused this mess....good on them!!!!

Breaking News.....Black Hoodies have trashed windows at HSBC, paint thrown, Police know about this Group but making no attempt to arrest them for vandalism, instead, they are guarding the entrance to the Bank., leaving the Hoodies to walk away and choose another Target. Years ago some members
of the Public would have tried to stop them, not now. Police Van covered in Paint , smoke bombs thrown. I am getting really mad watching this with no
attempt by Police to stop them. Apparently, if you try to arrest someone his mates will come and rescue him, it is a known tactic

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 15:21

Panda wrote:
Carmen, Ritz Hotel also targetted, Ed Milliband made a speech but a middle aged couple complaining about Pensions, apparently the lowest in Europe
said Milliband shouldn"t have made the speech because he was close to Gordon Brown who has caused this mess....good on them!!!!

Yes, attacking the Ritz has brought out the Witz on twitter:

@ @ianvisits: TUC biscuits attacks Ritz crackers. #march26

@charltonbrooker

Attacking the Ritz? That's just crackers.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sat 26 Mar - 15:26

carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:
Carmen, Ritz Hotel also targetted, Ed Milliband made a speech but a middle aged couple complaining about Pensions, apparently the lowest in Europe
said Milliband shouldn"t have made the speech because he was close to Gordon Brown who has caused this mess....good on them!!!!

Yes, attacking the Ritz has brought out the Witz on twitter:

@ @ianvisits: TUC biscuits attacks Ritz crackers. #march26

@charltonbrooker

Attacking the Ritz? That's just crackers.

Nice one.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 17:40

10 mins ago - Picadilly


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 17:53

@reddeviljp
head copper onBBC -'the criminality going on on Piccadilly has absolutely nothing to do with the main TU march which passed off peacefully.'
5 minutes ago via web

@tariqsadiq
On coach back home after massive and peaceful #march26 despite nutters in Piccadilly. Kids & families on main march, great atmosphere.
6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

@lucyfrog
Shocking footage of vandals on piccadilly ....press crowding round like hyenas at a kill.
6 minutes ago via HTC Peep

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 18:14

@achrisevans

News coverage of "riots" - bizarre. From what I can see the media have the police surrounded in Oxford Street. Careful Sky #Newseatingiteslf
17 minutes ago via ‹berSocial

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 18:56

@scatatkins

some lunatic just threw a firework at an injured policeman getting medical attention. they really aren't helping the nonviolent image.
30 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 19:03

Tweet says Lillywhites has been set on fire


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 19:04

Smoke fills Piccadilly Circus


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 19:08

@skynewsgatherer

Fire now out. Protesters being contained at Piccadilly Circus. #mar26
3 minutes ago via txt

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sat 26 Mar - 19:12


Carmen, the Police took a lot of stick last time there was a Protest for "kettling." Now they used the softly softly approach and it didn"t work.
Get the water cannon I say and drown the B****y lot of them. These are not Protesters, they are yobbos and a disgrace to the youth of today that
they can damage a property, attack the police etc and get away with it.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sat 26 Mar - 19:37

Didn't they just Panda??

Pinched this from the Libya thread - what a nerve!!

@AdelDarwish

Gaddafi TV reported TUC London march against cuts & riots as ' protest against the air-raids on Libya'. There is a methodology in madness
6 minutes ago via web



Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  margaret on Sat 26 Mar - 20:18

Panda wrote:
Carmen, the Police took a lot of stick last time there was a Protest for "kettling." Now they used the softly softly approach and it didn"t work.
Get the water cannon I say and drown the B****y lot of them. These are not Protesters, they are yobbos and a disgrace to the youth of today that
they can damage a property, attack the police etc and get away with it.

Thoroughly agree with you there. I believe 'protestors' such as this should be kept in custody 24/7 only let out to clean up their mess until it's as good as new, then they can go back to their real lives again.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sat 26 Mar - 20:43

margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:
Carmen, the Police took a lot of stick last time there was a Protest for "kettling." Now they used the softly softly approach and it didn"t work.
Get the water cannon I say and drown the B****y lot of them. These are not Protesters, they are yobbos and a disgrace to the youth of today that
they can damage a property, attack the police etc and get away with it.

Thoroughly agree with you there. I believe 'protestors' such as this should be kept in custody 24/7 only let out to clean up their mess until it's as good as new, then they can go back to their real lives again.

I actually agree with them about all these Banks and big Businesses getting away with tax loopholes. Philip Green is a prime example, he owns I think
it"s called Arcadia, Topman, Topshop and Next but because everything is in the name of his Wife, no Tax is paid because she lives in Monaco where
there is no Taxation. Because it"s a Tax loophole he gets away with it, why not close these loopholes, simple really. However, this group of
protesters who are too cowardly to show their faces should be rounded up and photographed for the Press to name and shame them.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  sunflower on Sat 26 Mar - 21:26

Panda wrote:
margaret wrote:
Panda wrote:
Carmen, the Police took a lot of stick last time there was a Protest for "kettling." Now they used the softly softly approach and it didn"t work.
Get the water cannon I say and drown the B****y lot of them. These are not Protesters, they are yobbos and a disgrace to the youth of today that
they can damage a property, attack the police etc and get away with it.

Thoroughly agree with you there. I believe 'protestors' such as this should be kept in custody 24/7 only let out to clean up their mess until it's as good as new, then they can go back to their real lives again.

I actually agree with them about all these Banks and big Businesses getting away with tax loopholes. Philip Green is a prime example, he owns I think
it"s called Arcadia, Topman, Topshop and Next but because everything is in the name of his Wife, no Tax is paid because she lives in Monaco where
there is no Taxation. Because it"s a Tax loophole he gets away with it, why not close these loopholes, simple really.
However, this group of
protesters who are too cowardly to show their faces should be rounded up and photographed for the Press to name and shame them.

I agree too Panda, it is a disgrace really. The cost of just existing is spiralling out of control. A small taxation placed upon the Banks would be a huge help in sorting out the economy without putting more than a mere dent in their profit margin. Sad that these idiots take away from the real issues being highlighted.

sunflower
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 239
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Mar - 9:12


The damage done by these hooligans is diabolical, windows and doors smashed, ATM"s smashed, paint spattered on windows and pavements, trash
bins broken, it"s like a War Zone. Reports say 214 arrested and if it wasn"t so serious it would be funny when one girl with bright ginger hair and a
black mask covering half her face was heard to say when being arrested, I havn"t done anything, I only covered my face.!!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sun 27 Mar - 9:18

Donít blame the media if your demo doesnít work

Should you blame the media if your demo doesnít work? Look at it from the journalistís point of view for a second.

There are three big dilemmas in reporting any major demonstration where there is violence.

Firstly, how do you balance the visually-arresting actions of a small group with the low-key political festivities of the majority?

Secondly, how do you characterise those people acting violently? Thugs? Anarchists? Break-away group? And a sub-set of this is how do you characterise a sit-in at Fortnums, compared to, say, throwing paint at police?

Thirdly, how do you report the issues rather than the physical demonstrations?


Media Bias?

With todayís TUC rally against the cuts there was a lot of anger from supporters at the way that Sky showed a split screen [see image to the left] which showed Ed Milibandís speech in Hyde Park alongside some vandalism at TopShop. The BBC also juxtaposed the two in a way that detracted from the Labour leaderís speech.

I think those who complained should first have a word with UK Uncut who decided to occupy or assault various retail outlets at the very same time as the mainstream majority demonstration was trying to get its message out on national TV.

The TV channels were quite right to show the public what was actually happening. Bringing the countryís premier shopping street to a halt is newsworthy. The publicity was also what the various Ďanarchistsí and other protesters wanted. They hi-jacked the TUCís demo. UK Uncut knew that their often witty and creative neo-Situationalist agit-prop Ďeventsí were bound to attract some violence, too. I am writing this at about 5pm by which time the trouble has been relatively trivial, but who knows what will happen as darkness falls?

In fact, the news channels were pain-staking in their commentaries to make it clear that the violent incidents had nothing much to do with the mainstream demonstration. They were also very clear that very few people were either hurt or arrested.

On the second point I think that again, the media made efforts to distinguish between the different direct action groups, but itís not easy. One BBC reporter kept referring to Ďpeople dressed in blackí as if that was the definition of a political grouping. It was probably about as accurate as any attempt to dignify them with the description of Ďanarchistí. The reality is that most viewers/readers wonít distinguish between some Brighton art student giving a poetry reading in Fortnums with an over-excited Trot throwing a dustbin through plate glass.

The third point is interesting. Should the media prioritise an issue just because an organisation can get a lot of people into the same place at the same time? On that basis, perhaps we should be paying more attention to immigration in the light of all those EDL rallies.

More seriously, itís difficult to combine the kind of Ďmatch reportí journalism that tells you what happened at a demo with a proper debate about the issues.

In the end, this was an impressive turn-out and I am sure it will have an effect beyond the immediate media coverage. It should cheer up those people in the Labour movement campaigning against the cuts and promote solidarity.

It does send a signal that there are a lot of people out there who want an alternative. Whether you think there is one is another matter.

But I doubt it will make much impact on the two-thirds of British voters who think that the deficit reduction programme is justified. Todayís demonstration Ė both peaceful and violent - was an admirable manifestation of peopleís desire to make a political gesture. But I suspect that however the media had reported it, it would not shift the balance of opinion. In fact it has probably put off a lot of people who are genuinely unhappy about current economic policy. Itís time for political movements to think beyond both mass rallies and trashing Topshop.

http://www.charliebeckett.org/?p=4220

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Mar - 10:03


The Leader of the Black Mask group, can"t remember their name,was interviewed this morning reckoned that if the Tax loopholes were plugged £124
Billion would be saved so many of the proposed cuts would not be necessary.He did not condone the damage done and thought others had
infiltrated to cause mayhem but the protest had been successful in highlighting the tax abuse.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sun 27 Mar - 10:18

Panda wrote:
The Leader of the Black Mask group, can"t remember their name,was interviewed this morning reckoned that if the Tax loopholes were plugged £124
Billion would be saved so many of the proposed cuts would not be necessary.He did not condone the damage done and thought others had
infiltrated to cause mayhem but the protest had been successful in highlighting the tax abuse.

It still does not warrant throwing lit fireworks into a crowd, some of whom were very small children. They are thugs. Nothing more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sun 27 Mar - 10:24

The Famous Grouse wrote:
Panda wrote:
The Leader of the Black Mask group, can"t remember their name,was interviewed this morning reckoned that if the Tax loopholes were plugged £124
Billion would be saved so many of the proposed cuts would not be necessary.He did not condone the damage done and thought others had
infiltrated to cause mayhem but the protest had been successful in highlighting the tax abuse.

It still does not warrant throwing lit fireworks into a crowd, some of whom were very small children. They are thugs. Nothing more.

Quite - the Black Bloc were there for one purpose only.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Guest on Sun 27 Mar - 10:27

The Black Bloc is a tactic that has been used in demonstrations for years. It is used as a security and safety measure. In it's essential form, each participant of a Black Bloc wears somewhat of a uniform (see the Clothing section). The idea of wearing this uniform is that if every single person in the Bloc looks relatively alike, it is hard for the police to determine which individual did what. For instance, if a Black Bloc participant throws a brick at a store window and runs into the Bloc, she will easily blend in with everyone else. However, if a person wearing normal street clothes happens to throw a brick and run into the Bloc, chances are that she will have been filmed or photographed and later caught by the police.

Also, since Anarchist presence has been a very hot issue in the past few years, law enforcement has been known to film and take photos of random activists and keep files on those individuals. This can lead to problems in the future. It's better to be safe than in jail.

http://mlcastle.net/raisethefist/bloc.html

wimps!


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Panda on Sun 27 Mar - 10:42


During the sky News Commentary it was noted that Police took away 4 "protesters, no more than teenagers who are known as troublemakers.Don"t
know if I mentioned this, in this mornings news, it showed Police carting a young Girl with bright red hair and a black face mask covering half her face.
She was heard to remark, what are you doing, I hav"nt done anything wrong.!!!

It really sickens me the damage these morons cause and they should be taken back and made to help clear up the mess. Not too long ago, Members of the Public would have waded in to stop them and help the Police who were haing a really hard time, some injured , but the general public is apathetic
these days.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  malena stool on Sun 27 Mar - 12:19

As Panda rightly pointed out Miliband should never have become involved with this demonstration not only because the whole mess stems from his own party and its politics contribution over the previous 13 years in squandering, gambling with and pillaging the wealth of the nation, but any real party leader worth his salt could see how and where the 'peaceful demonstration' would finish up... Exactly where it did: in chaos, naked aggression, fighting, looting, vandalism, casualties and a multimillion pound clean up bill.

All his statements and denials of involvement with and abhorrence of the actions of the rentathug group who turn up time and again at every march will never take away the stigma of the fact HE was there and contributed his thoughts and beliefs to a meeting which ended in violence and casualties.

If nothing else he has proven his crass stupidity and short sightedness, in fact an ideal figurehead for the lacklustre pretenders and deviants that have taken over the party which used to represent the real people of this country.


malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13381
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: USUAL MOB SPOIL PROTEST MARCH IN LONDON

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:53


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum