Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grooming in Blackpool

5 posters

Go down

Grooming in Blackpool Empty Grooming in Blackpool

Post  fred Thu 7 Apr - 18:22

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1374443/More-60-teenage-girls-groomed-sex-gangs-men-Blackpool.html

This is appalling, have any of you heard of this young girl Charlene Downs? The bungling british Police haven't made "Huge media Headlins" I wonder why?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Grooming in Blackpool Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Grooming in Blackpool Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Grooming in Blackpool Empty Re: Grooming in Blackpool

Post  margaret Thu 7 Apr - 19:00

No l hadn't fred, poor girl...

To be fair to the Daily Mail they have had this in the papers alot, especially towards the end of last year when two Asian men were jailed for grooming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344218/Asian-sex-gangs-Culture-silence-allows-grooming-white-girls-fear-racist.html

It annoys me that the 'race' card gets played, if statistics show that Asian men are doing this then it needs to be stopped. If it's true it isn't racism, do you see what l mean?
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
Grooming in Blackpool Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Grooming in Blackpool Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Thu 7 Apr - 19:24

Yes, there has been a huge amount of press coverage in the Bradford/Leeds area, but mostly in local papers not the nationals. It is very sad that these very young, very gullible girls are caught in traps like this, something in their sad lives must be missing and the flattery and attention they receive must be like honey, and i suppose even if nothing is missing then the flattey and attention in teenage years might be an attraction for some young girls. It is very sad!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 7 Apr - 22:40

wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 7 Apr - 23:22

I read about Charlene. The police had bugged a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects and picked up conversations where he and another person appeared to be discussing disposing of Charlene's body in kebabs. The recordings were allowed in court, but were not very clear and the defence managed to get them dismissed as reliable evidence.

I don't think it's racist to highlight the fact that it's Asian men targeting white girls, because that's what's happening. I think it's cultural in that those men are not grooming Asian girls. Their targets are outside of their own cultural background.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dionne Fri 8 Apr - 2:32

AnnaEsse wrote:

I read about Charlene. The police had bugged a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects and picked up conversations where he and another person appeared to be discussing disposing of Charlene's body in kebabs. The recordings were allowed in court, but were not very clear and the defence managed to get them dismissed as reliable evidence.

I don't think it's racist to highlight the fact that it's Asian men targeting white girls, because that's what's happening. I think it's cultural in that those men are not grooming Asian girls. Their targets are outside of their own cultural background.

i agree.
Dionne
Dionne

Number of posts : 8
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down