Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can I post this? it means a lot to me......

3 posters

Go down

can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Empty can I post this? it means a lot to me......

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:45

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Empty Re: can I post this? it means a lot to me......

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:45

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :
can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Empty Re: can I post this? it means a lot to me......

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:47

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:47

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:49

We were let down RIP the 96 can I post this? it means a lot to me...... 389741
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Apr - 11:51

Absolutely, Truth. Thank you for posting. These victims must never be forgotton. can I post this? it means a lot to me...... Icon_flower
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 11:52

I'm a scouser, through and through, and I know somebody who was there. It haunts me to this day :-(
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Apr - 11:59

wantthetruth wrote:I'm a scouser, through and through, and I know somebody who was there. It haunts me to this day :-(

I bet it does. I knew someone who died in a Chinook crash. My blood runs cold every time I see a Chinook helicopter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 12:12

The Famous Grouse wrote:
wantthetruth wrote:I'm a scouser, through and through, and I know somebody who was there. It haunts me to this day :-(

I bet it does. I knew someone who died in a Chinook crash. My blood runs cold every time I see a Chinook helicopter.

My friend was a Forest Supporter. I was the LFC supporter. He never recovered from what he saw that day. He helped carry the bodies. He committed suicide when he was 36.

The fallout from that tragedy (and all tragedies) are grossly underestimated. And they never got justice, the 96 that died, and those who witnessed it, were part of it.

They were all dismissed and treated as scum. The fans were blamed. Did you see the Jimmy McGovern docudrama? Finally, somebody spoke for them!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 15 Apr - 12:30

a policeman a few months back? suggested that holliganism was the cause of the disaster
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 15 Apr - 13:27

Badboy wrote:a policeman a few months back? suggested that holliganism was the cause of the disaster

Exactly, Badboy - shifting the blame. IMHO it was the POLICE who caused that tragedy, cramming too many people into too small a space.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 14:32

Badboy wrote:a policeman a few months back? suggested that holliganism was the cause of the disaster
So incorrect, and so sad to see it still being portrayed as such to this day.

Watch the video.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 14:40

and read this, educate yourself....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2004/jun/10/features.features11
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 14:53

" You have this APPALLING situation, where all these enquiries, which have cost so much money, have served only to cover up the truth, and to protect those responsible....."

sound familiar???
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 15 Apr - 17:02

There was a sequence of events that caused this terrible event.The majority of football fans where treated as scum and the police where always up for a confrontation on match days.As a Millwall supporter you could say i know this more than most and maybe that would be true to some extent.
I was at the Luton v Millwall game in 1985,which was one of the worst riots during that period.That started with a very similiar crush to what happened at Hillsborough,something like 10000 'Millwall' fans where herded into an area behind the goal that had a capacity of probably half that number,fortunately i was at the back despite having got to the ground some 2 hours before kick off,thats how packed it was.Kids at the front where getting crushed and had to go over the fence and on to the pitch,Police kept forcing them back,it was impossible.The older fans tried to stop this and then the fighting with the Police started.
If there had been high fences like at Hillsborough then i have no doubt many would have died.It was an FA Cup quarter final which doesnt come along that often for teams like Milwall,there was a history of Millwall fans turning up in their numbers for these big games and it had been known for a week or more prior to this game that many other 'London' fans where going to join forces with Millwall for this 'Big one'.The game was not all ticket,it was an evening game,the pubs where all open,it was always going to be trouble but the Police and Luton Town football club failed to see the potential.Millwall FC had warned of this and asked for the game to be made all ticket.

Other events such as this then resulted in many clubs 'fencing in' their fans.

Football fans on the day just want to get in and see the game,you cannot blame the fans for forcing their way in once the gates where opened.I have seen gates knocked down by fans at other games,such was the decrepid state of some of the grounds at that time.

The Taylor report named the prime cause of the disaster as failure of Police control.

As a result of the Taylor report many grounds have been rebuilt and are now 'all seater'.

Nothing can bring those fans back nor cure the memories.

I see no point in any more enquiries,those who regularly go to football,especially during that period,understand well enough what happened.
I am not sure what more the people of Liverpool want from this now.

ETA, that actually i think i do know what the people of Liverpool want.As you say 'want the truth' you want the truth.It is known that as a result of the crush outside the ground 'orders' where given to open gate C,then fans rushed to the nearest entry point to the ground ie the 'central pen' which then became overcrowded.

I think the Liverpool fans have been wanting someones 'head on a plate' and that person would presumably be that person who ordered the gates to be opened !

But again ,sadly,that does not bring people back,and whoever gave such orders would not have wished for the disaster that followed.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Fri 15 Apr - 17:55

It's got nothing to do with 'wanting a head on a plate' 'Lioned'

Ask anybody who was there that day and they'd say all they want is official recognition of what happened. The Taylor report came close but it didn't go far enough.

Ask any of the Notts Forest fans and they'd say the same.

Ask any of the police who were left dealing with the aftermath with hopelessly inadequate instructions & guidance. They too have suffered.

Ask any of the ambulance men and women who were forbidden to go into the grounds to help the dying.

Ask anybody who was in the gym after the magical 15.15 'cut off' point, watching people die.

Ask anybody who read the 'Scum' newspaper report the next day.

It's got nothing to do with who gave the order to open that gate. It goes way beyond that.

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down