Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 14:19

If the Scotland Yard guys are clever they can negotiate with the PM in order to keep every penny of the 3,5 million quid and, just take a few days reading the blogs and forae that have been dealing with this matter for 4 years. That would allow them an economy of time and money.

It doesn't make sense to me if they are going/coming to Portugal without studying the existing files first. What do they expect to find? They don't speak the language (unless they are taking that coward Freitas in their luggage) and if they don't have a overall picture about the case, what's the use? To impress their PT counterparts? I hope not, because if I find them meddling with the Praia da Luz population, I can promise there will be riots.

The people are fed up with having their industry damaged by this case. The McCann enjoyed a lot of sympathy in 2007, but now they are deeply despised. There's too many families experiencing hunger now, because of unemployment. To choose the approaching of the new high season to revive this saga is not going to charm the Praia da Luz inhabitants to their cause.

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Angelique on Wed 18 May - 14:26

Dimsie wrote:
pennylane wrote:

Hi Dimsie, the Irish seem to be well ahead of the game where the McCanns are concerned, and I wasn't suggesting anyone in the RUC would be fooled by their antics for one second.... I just thought there seemed to be some links there with Jim Gamble and Dave Edgar... and if the head of this 'review' had links again.... I would find that suspicious.
I think Gamble's position in CEOP was the thing that mattered, not his having been in the RUC. I've no idea how Dave Edgar got involved, TBH.

If the detectives are all to be from Scotland Yard, I suppose there might be one or two originally from NI among them. Also, if they're going to take on retired people from other forces, then yes, that might include ex-RUC because the simple fact is that there's a lot of ex-RUC people around, kicking their heels with nothing much to do. When the RUC morphed into the PSNI many officers took redundancy on very generous terms, ie a large lump sum and an excellent pension. A number of them have returned to work (not in the PSNI obviously) but there are still plenty who have little or nothing to do and who might jump at the chance of getting back into detective work in a very interesting case.

A couple of good things, though, if they do - I've yet to meet an ex-RUC man or woman who doesn't know the value of sniffer dogs. Obviously explosives-detecting dogs were the most used during the Troubles, but cadaver and blood dogs too. Eddie and Keela have both worked in N Ireland, and to very good effect. Plus, NI police are in favour of using low copy number DNA; even Dave Edgar sang its praises - I wonder what his present bosses think about him saying LCN DNA is 'an amazingly powerful tool'. Oops!

I wonder does this relate to the fact that Martin Grime was asked not to comment.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Angelique on Wed 18 May - 14:29

Dimsie wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kitti wrote:So RETIRED. ...like DAVE....nothing better to do and get paid for doing it...like DAVE!

Wonder if they have links to the Royal Ulster Constabulary?
I don't know a single ex-RUC officer who thinks Madeleine was abducted (except for those 2 shining examples of Dave Edgar and Jim Gamble). Most people who served in the RUC are more cynical than the average person, not less (hardly surprising), so aren't really likely to be taken in by fairy stories. OTOH, a job is a job, and many retired RUC officers like to escape Ulster weather and spend time in the sun, so you never know. A nice little job popping over to Portugal or chasing up a few leads in Spain or Morocco might be just the ticket.

But think about this - if you had worked all your life in support of law and order, truth and honorability - would you want to return to that sort of work and just while away the time doing petty unrewarding investigations.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Autumn on Wed 18 May - 15:43


This is a bit off topic but could someone please point me towards where it says that the wheels were set in motion for a Review by Cameron about 9 months ago? The reason I ask is could that be the reason the McCanns set up their own Review petition 7 months ago, knowing that it had already been decided by the govt. By demanding a review themselves, they maybe thought this would give them more credibility making it look as if they themselves had instigated it and that the govt had caved in to pressure from them.

The McCanns met with Theresa May in Aug last year and they seemed far from happy with how things went - could it be that Theresa May told them about plans to Review the case then and, fearing that they wouldn't be allowed to be involved, then decided to demand their own Review.

I think Cameron's announcement of the Review was a PR exercise, timed to coincide with the book release but months of groundwork must have gone into this beforehand therefore I believe the McCanns have been aware of this for many months.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 15:57

Autumn wrote:
This is a bit off topic but could someone please point me towards where it says that the wheels were set in motion for a Review by Cameron about 9 months ago? The reason I ask is could that be the reason the McCanns set up their own Review petition 7 months ago, knowing that it had already been decided by the govt. By demanding a review themselves, they maybe thought this would give them more credibility making it look as if they themselves had instigated it and that the govt had caved in to pressure from them.

The McCanns met with Theresa May in Aug last year and they seemed far from happy with how things went - could it be that Theresa May told them about plans to Review the case then and, fearing that they wouldn't be allowed to be involved, then decided to demand their own Review.

I think Cameron's announcement of the Review was a PR exercise, timed to coincide with the book release but months of groundwork must have gone into this beforehand therefore I believe the McCanns have been aware of this for many months.


I don't recall when exactly they placed the appeal for the review. The only thing I could "hear", from Amaral, was that their resolution to write the book was announced on the day, or around the day, the Supreme Court wouldn't reconsider the maintenance of the injuction on his book.

I wish I could remember when their review and the other (reopening of the case) appeals were started, but I guess that is simple to find out...


Were there already "negotiations" between the Home Office, or PM cabinet and the PJ/PGR/portuguese government?,...hummm,...I don't think so.

I still suspect this was a spontaneous jump on the wagon for popularity by Mr. Cameron.


Last edited by Luz on Wed 18 May - 16:00; edited 1 time in total

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Autumn on Wed 18 May - 16:00

Luz, looking at the McCann Petition Site it would seem that it was started on 1st Nov 2010.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 16:04

Autumn wrote:Luz, looking at the McCann Petition Site it would seem that it was started on 1st Nov 2010.

No, no way there were any talks with Portugal. Too close to Mrs May dismissal on their demads.

And, if you remember there appeared several other "signature gathering" inniciatives, because they were appealing for a review and not a re-openning.

This was all a coincidence, in my opinion. Naive Mr. Cameron ate both bait and hook. Sorry Prime Minister.


Last edited by Luz on Wed 18 May - 16:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to complete the thought)

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Autumn on Wed 18 May - 16:05

MCCANNS MEET WITH TERESA MAY - 6.08.2010

vMcCanns meet Teresa May in Madeleine probe

06
AUG


Kate and Gerry McCann have held talks with Home Secretary Theresa May to discuss the search for their missing daughter Madeleine.

The couple used the meeting on Wednesday to appeal for extra help from the coalition Government to look for the little girl. It is more than three years since Madeleine disappeared from a holiday resort in southern Portugal.

]Mr and Mrs McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, want a full independent review of the police investigation into what happened to their daughter.

They complained in February that they encountered “reluctance” when they asked the British authorities to re-examine all the information held by law enforcement agencies around the world.

Mr McCann said: “I think people are reluctant to undertake a review because there’s been difficult, sensitive issues. But Madeleine’s rights should be put first. She’s missing, she’s innocent and whoever’s taken her is still out there, and that has to be of paramount importance.”

A Home Office spokesman said: “The Home Secretary held a private meeting with Kate and Gerry McCann on Wednesday to discuss the case of their missing daughter Madeleine. The Government’s primary concern in this matter is the wellbeing of Madeleine McCann and to ensure that everything feasible is being done to progress the search for her.”

Madeleine was three when she went missing from her family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Portuguese police launched a massive investigation with the support of British officers but the inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 without reaching any firm conclusions about the child’s fate.

Private detectives employed by the McCanns are continuing to investigate the case.

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “I can confirm that Kate and Gerry met the Home Secretary on Wednesday to continue their discussions with the Government over what can be done to assist the search for Madeleine. As with all their private Governmental contacts, the details of the discussion with Theresa May will remain confidential.”

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Autumn on Wed 18 May - 16:11

Luz wrote:
Autumn wrote:Luz, looking at the McCann Petition Site it would seem that it was started on 1st Nov 2010.

No, no way there were any talks with Portugal. In fact, if you remember there appeared several other "signature gathering" inniciatives, because they were appealing for a review and not a re-openning.

This was all a coincidence, in my opinion. Naive Mr. Cameron ate both bait and hook.


To clarify, the McCanns started their own Review Petition 1st Nov 2010 but, as we all know, this is the last thing they wanted (unless they could be in control of it).

As for Cameron, as you say, as he hadn't spoken with the PJ it starting to look very much like a knee jerk reaction to media pressure.

Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Guest on Wed 18 May - 16:11

"whoever’s taken her is still out there"


A rare truth.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 16:12

If those no goods put their paws on the portuguese files, that were not released, I'll be the first one to bite portuguese authorities bums (blarghhhhh , figuratively, of course).

I've been very willing to do that because of other cases, namely their ineficiency on persecuting corruption in the Government. Call it a drop to make the glass overflow.

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 16:16

The End Is Nigh wrote:"whoever’s taken her is still out there"


A rare truth.

Hum, hum...

Going over every stupid TV interviewer, charming every nutcrazed newspaper scribbler...The greater and only, the bigger liars in the planet....tantantan...

yes those that you are thinking about..............................

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  FSoares on Wed 18 May - 16:41

Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Angelina on Wed 18 May - 16:59

FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.

Yes, this is exactly what I understood from what I've read...so why is Mr Amaral saying it only requires a letter from the parents requesting the case be re-opened when that would appear not to be the case? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  FSoares on Wed 18 May - 17:04

Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.

Yes, this is exactly what I understood from what I've read...so why is Mr Amaral saying it only requires a letter from the parents requesting the case be re-opened when that would appear not to be the case? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a period the parents could have asked the case to be reopened, as GA says. It was after the enquiry phase, they could have asked the instruction to keep the case open. They didn't do it.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 17:08

Autumn wrote:
Luz wrote:
Autumn wrote:Luz, looking at the McCann Petition Site it would seem that it was started on 1st Nov 2010.

No, no way there were any talks with Portugal. In fact, if you remember there appeared several other "signature gathering" inniciatives, because they were appealing for a review and not a re-openning.

This was all a coincidence, in my opinion. Naive Mr. Cameron ate both bait and hook.


To clarify, the McCanns started their own Review Petition 1st Nov 2010 but, as we all know, this is the last thing they wanted (unless they could be in control of it).

As for Cameron, as you say, as he hadn't spoken with the PJ it starting to look very much like a knee jerk reaction to media pressure.

[u]


Yes Autumm

I believe he didn't and I suspect he conceded to the pressure of the media bright lights.

Nevertheless, I hope that if the SY is going to perform a REVIEW of the files, they get enough inspiration to expose some data that may have been overlooked/underlooked, in order to allow the reopening of the investigation.

If the investigation keeps closed there is no interest in going over old documents and pre-arranged lies by TM. They should be kept at a distance to garanty the independence of the review.

But I suspect those vermins will be like dirt flies over a dump in the summer, they will not allow for an objective, independent and comprehensive review. Those XXXXX only want to make the authorities waste time.

I wonder what they will invent next to keep the flow of donnations going...

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Angelina on Wed 18 May - 17:16

FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.

Yes, this is exactly what I understood from what I've read...so why is Mr Amaral saying it only requires a letter from the parents requesting the case be re-opened when that would appear not to be the case? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

If I'm not mistaken, there was a period the parents could have asked the case to be reopened, as GA says. It was after the enquiry phase, they could have asked the instruction to keep the case open. They didn't do it.

Yes, I remember that. I'm really thinking of what his said in his "plea to Kate McCann to tell the truth" (McCann Files) but on re-reading it I think it means that they should send the evidence collected by their PIs rather than just writing a letter. Not sure really.

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Colonel Fabien on Wed 18 May - 17:21

FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.

I believe that it is different if the parents request a reopening. In this case I don't think that new evidence is necessary. Can you imagine telling the parents of a missing child the case stays closed despite their request. I'm inclined to believe Gonçalo Amaral when he says that all the McCanns have to do is ask. He does have a law degree and worked for 26 years in the PJ. If the McCanns ask for the case to be reopened then that means they are willing to co-operate in any manner, answering questions and participating in a reconstruction, to bring in new evidence.

Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 69
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 17:52

FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.


It's obvious he does. It's the price we have to pay for the 4 billion squid for our fraudulent Government and bankers [u]

He (Mr. Cameron) probably didn't study History and doesn't know that it's illegal to send British police forces to Portugal for a mission, unless they are invited.

But then... We have had our fair share of CIA and US black OPs in our country, MI6 and all the NATO thwarts and clowns, lately all with that smallfry Barroso Bilderberger character support, what is just another illegality? Pfffff


Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  fedrules on Wed 18 May - 18:03

I also find it completely ludicrous the way they talk about having to translate the files from Portuguese as if it were an enormous obstacle..Are there no translators in the UK ?! Anyway, I'd like to bet that the McCanns ( and the Home Office ) have already had this done some time ago...

fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  tanszi on Wed 18 May - 18:11

I am quite sure fedrules, if only to question what has been translated and put on here.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3099
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  FSoares on Wed 18 May - 18:35

Luz wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Angelina wrote:
FSoares wrote:
Colonel Fabien wrote:Like everything else that has been written about this "reopening" or "review" or whatever you want to call it, this is pure speculation or most likely just the fruit of some lazy journalist's imagination. As far as I'm concerned, David Cameron answered the McCanns' whiny letter offering to help. He requested that the police (Scotland Yard or the Met) look into the case. Stephenson has made some vague comments. And that's that. The rest, we and the journalists know nothing. Even Correio da Manhã has some stupid story about SY officers accompanying tthe McCanns to Portugal.

And that speculation is still going on, while our MP has so far denied any request for any reopening, and they kept saying the same old stuff: the case will be reopened when new evidence/facts are brought to the case.

So what does that mean with regard to GA's comment...it only requires a letter, the cost of a stamp. Is it new evidence or a letter, or what?

It requires new evidence or new facts to the case. Without them the case won't be reopened/reviewed. The Public Prosecution was clear yesterday saying, there's no request from the Brit authorities, and, even with a request, it is necessary to gather new facts to the files. Without them, the case stays archived.
This can be found in several newspapers from yesterday, one of them being Jornal de Notícias.

And just for a clarification: no foreign officer can work in a national case without the Prosecution's approval. James Cameron forgot about the national law unless he's willed to break the law and the sovereignity of another country.


It's obvious he does. It's the price we have to pay for the 4 billion squid for our fraudulent Government and bankers [u]

He (Mr. Cameron) probably didn't study History and doesn't know that it's illegal to send British police forces to Portugal for a mission, unless they are invited.

But then... We have had our fair share of CIA and US black OPs in our country, MI6 and all the NATO thwarts and clowns, lately all with that smallfry Barroso Bilderberger character support, what is just another illegality? Pfffff


Well, that our politicians are the disaster we already know, it's no surprise at all. More, it has been with this Gov. that our diplomacy has been having the same respect as toilet paper. You know this type of politicians can negotiate with God and the Devil at the same time (being a member of the Security Council in the UN and at the same time negotiating with Khadaffi, just as an example), and when they realize they have the foreigners dictating the rules... At the end of the day, we have been ashamed by our politicians, thus, any foreign PM feels entitled to tell us the rules. (read the news today about Angela Merkel too). The fault lies completely at the hands of our dear Gov. that to please "friends" do not have any problem to make us the laughing sock of the world. If we could start sending those guys to Bangladesh (with all due respect), we could be much better than what we are. The country needs another "northern" (our North) revolution like the one of Nov. 1975, it seems to me.

But, if we go back throughout history, it's not the first time, the country feels expoliated and it's like nobody here is brave enough to tell others how things are. Do not forget how our ships during the Discoveries and the trade with Brazil, were a target of the "pirates", due to the point lots of things that belong to the Brit Crown, we know from where they came. Do not forget the problem of the Pink Map after the Napoleonic wars, etc, etc. Do not forget how our national anthem was born and against who. It has been always like that...

Speaking about the Bildeberg group. How the heck we've been the country sending more people to those secret meetings as if there was no tomorrow, and results nothing/zero???

But back to the point: so far, no official brit request for any review and Prosecution saying without new facts, no re-opening.

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Luz on Wed 18 May - 18:53

FSoares wrote:[[snipsy]
Speaking about the Bildeberg group. How the heck we've been the country sending more people to those secret meetings as if there was no tomorrow, and results nothing/zero???

But back to the point: so far, no official brit request for any review and Prosecution saying without new facts, no re-opening.

About the first paragraph I "saved": it beats me. I've checked the lists last week and made that same question to myself - we are such a small insignificant country, poor, miserable,...why do we have such an array of people going to those spooking meetings. What the heck do we have so important to offer? Not money for sure, geopolitics?!

About the second, I'm not so secure the stupid licking asses in our Government won't put all the files in Her Majesty's authorities lap, so they give it to poor crying Kate.

In any case I don't see the McCanns so enthusiatic about the Prime Minister, Mr. Cameron's decision, as one would expect from parents that heve been so loudly demanding for such a review. So maybe there's hope that this is not just an exercise of politics, and pleasing a couple of harassing imbeciles, but an exercise of true police preoccupation over the matter of a missing child.

P.S. But stop Cameron from using that abduction "diktat"

Luz
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 389
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  FSoares on Wed 18 May - 19:05

Luz wrote:
FSoares wrote:[[snipsy]
Speaking about the Bildeberg group. How the heck we've been the country sending more people to those secret meetings as if there was no tomorrow, and results nothing/zero???

But back to the point: so far, no official brit request for any review and Prosecution saying without new facts, no re-opening.

About the first paragraph I "saved": it beats me. I've checked the lists last week and made that same question to myself - we are such a small insignificant country, poor, miserable,...why do we have such an array of people going to those spooking meetings. What the heck do we have so important to offer? Not money for sure, geopolitics?!

About the second, I'm not so secure the stupid licking asses in our Government won't put all the files in Her Majesty's authorities lap, so they give it to poor crying Kate.

In any case I don't see the McCanns so enthusiatic about the Prime Minister, Mr. Cameron's decision, as one would expect from parents that heve been so loudly demanding for such a review. So maybe there's hope that this is not just an exercise of politics, and pleasing a couple of harassing imbeciles, but an exercise of true police preoccupation over the matter of a missing child.

P.S. But stop Cameron from using that abduction "diktat"

The Bildeberg group meetings with so many Portuguese, is a complete mystery. We must have something to offer, otherwise this wouldn't be happening.

As for the rest, you're absolutely right. It wouldn't surprise me a stupid licking ass from Portimão would put the files at the hands of SY, without following the procedures, and then, another licking ass from Her Majesty's side, puts it in the hands of the McCanns. And here's the so called and awaited "review". And I don't believe for a second, Cameron is genuinely interested in the fate of that specific child. If he is, then he has lots more in the UK he needs to address too. It's all politics and to look "good" at the eyes of Joe the Public. Sometimes I wonder if James Cameron and Socrates have not been studying in the same school!

FSoares
Moderator
Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1448
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Re: A team of 30 detectives from Scotland Yard will be assigned to the search/TELEGRAPH

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:10


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum