Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal

+8
Badboy
halfamo
margaret
Angelique
Krisy22
wjk
kitti
RIORITA
12 posters

Go down

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Empty Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal

Post  Angelina Fri 27 May - 14:26

The former head of Haringey children's services Sharon Shoesmith has won her Court of Appeal battle over her sacking following the Baby P tragedy.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/sharon-shoesmith-wins-baby-p-sacking-appeal-093703860.html

How sickening
Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 371436
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Empty Re: Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal

Post  wjk Fri 27 May - 14:27

She's due to get about a million quid in compo!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Empty Re: Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal

Post  Angelina Fri 27 May - 14:34

wjk wrote:She's due to get about a million quid in compo!

Out of our pockets I suppose Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 371436
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 27 May - 14:37

She wants all her wages backdated ... .her pension reinstated plus 1m.

I hope she chokes on every bit off that money and it doesn't bring her any happiness and to turn round and say it has ruined her life....at least she has a life !
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 27 May - 14:43

Ed balls is damn angry and so he should be and their is going to be another appeal.

Asked if he thought he did the right thing, he said....YES AND I WOULD DO EXACTLY THE SAME AGAIN.

Good.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  RIORITA Fri 27 May - 14:43

Absolutely disgusting decision, I despair, I really do!
RIORITA
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 27 May - 14:53

Ed balls said she is getting 1m for doing something wrong.....you can see by his face isn't too happy.

Surely this women on sky news isn't a social worker....she looks drippy!

Yes let's draw a line under the sand says the drippy social worker.....and baby Peter will come back to life!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Fri 27 May - 15:15

kitti wrote:Ed balls said she is getting 1m for doing something wrong.....you can see by his face isn't too happy.

Surely this women on sky news isn't a social worker....she looks drippy!

Yes let's draw a line under the sand says the drippy social worker.....and baby Peter will come back to life!

Yes, saw her kitti, god help us if she is a representation of social workers today!
Saw Ed Balls too, fuming is an understatement!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 27 May - 16:18

This is dreadful and I can't believe that someone in charge of a Department is not responsible. Who is then ? Another case of 'suits drawing salaries'.

You should read the comments - everyone is absolutely disgusted.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 28 May - 18:32

To say i'm disgusted with this is an understatement what planet do some of these judges live on, and as if the money she will get is'nt a big enough insult she says she wants to work with children again, she was head of a department and through their sloppy work ethics a child died , no lets tell it like it was he was tortured and abused before he was murdered, and this woman has now been rewarded. Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 371436
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 28 May - 19:43

This about sums it up for me.

A woman incapable of feeling penitence
Last updated at 2:13 AM on 28th May 2011

Comments (75) Add to My Stories Share
Offensive: Sharon Shoesmith outside the court
Her words could scarcely have been more gleeful, nor more offensive. ‘Thrilled,’ and ‘over the moon’.
That’s how 58-year-old Sharon Shoesmith said she was feeling yesterday.
Shoesmith was sharing her elation at an appeal court ruling that her 2008 sacking from her job as Director of Children’s Services at Haringey Council was unlawful.
Let’s all remind ourselves how Sharon Shoesmith came to be sacked in the first place.
The main function of her £130,000-a-year job was to ensure the protection of children at risk in her borough.
In August 2007, on Shoesmith’s watch, 17-month-old Peter Connelly (forever ingrained in our mind as ‘Baby P’) died from horrific injuries, including fractured ribs and a broken back, inflicted on him by his feckless mother and her psychotic boyfriend.
Baby P was well known to the team at Haringey that Shoesmith headed. They had visited his home 60 times in the eight months before he died.

The social workers saw the bruises and the squalor he was living in — and yet still did not take him into care.
More from Amanda Platell... AMANDA PLATELL: Sir Fred only prolonged his family's torment 20/05/11 PLATELL'S PEOPLE: A brazen liar who's been found out at last 13/05/11 AMANDA PLATELL: Why should Gabby pay a price for the adulterers' injunctions? 07/05/11 AMANDA PLATELL: That showed them! 'Doors to manual' has the last laugh in glorious style 30/04/11 AMANDA PLATELL: Elton's so cruel to cut off his mother 30/04/11 AMANDA PLATELL: The girl whose courage Kate can learn from 23/04/11 AMANDA PLATELL: Pratchett's a hero, but on this he's plain wrong 16/04/11 AMANDA PLATELL: Surrogate mums and a ticking timebomb 09/04/11 VIEW FULL ARCHIVE That decision cost him his life.
After the litany of neglect and incompetence of her department came to light, Shoesmith was sacked by Ed Balls — one of the few political decisions he ever got right.
Now that moral justice has been mocked. Shoesmith is in line for a £1 million pay-out. It’s hard to decide who to feel the most contempt for: the courts, for once again proving how out of step they are with the people they serve; or Shoesmith, for her smug triumphalism.
Has the woman no shame? Out of respect for the dreadful death of baby Peter could she not at least appeared to have been contrite?
Nothing can ever make amends for that poor little boy’s death. But Shoesmith showing penitence and accepting some responsibility for her part in the appalling catalogue of mistakes made under her watch would at least be a start.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1391704/AMANDA-PLATELL-A-woman-incapable-feeling-penitence.html#ixzz1NfpplL1F
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 28 May - 20:01

I listened to her reading her statement outside the Tribunal (I think it was) she did refer to Baby P and that she would never forget him.

No - she won't she is living with it for the rest of her life.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 29 May - 12:27

She said yesterday she 'doesn't do blame' - the woman is abhorrent. I can't decide if she's terminally stupid or completely arrogant, she doesn't seem to understand peoples outrage, she knows no shame. Vile creature.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sun 29 May - 16:33

This woman seems to put no value on human life at all a childs life and death to her seems to be just a bit of a inconveniance something which has dared to interupt the world of Sharon Shoesmith , how dare this child die . i can really hear her saying this .
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 29 May - 16:48

she was sayin(on sky?)that she feels threatened when people point her out on trains saying its that woman
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 29 May - 17:08

I am not trying to defend her, but Ed Balls is totally to blame, he sacked her almost on the spot, before she could put her case to a Tribunal. He is an
a**hole, did bu**er all to improve the Schools system and just cost the Taxpayer a £1 million for grandstanding. An Indepenedant Lawyer discussing the Award said as the Head of Social Services she was ultimately to blame, but that she should have been allowed to testify at a Tribunal. He said the Judge
was over generous with the Award.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 29 May - 17:31

Panda wrote:

I am not trying to defend her, but Ed Balls is totally to blame, he sacked her almost on the spot, before she could put her case to a Tribunal. He is an
a**hole, did bu**er all to improve the Schools system and just cost the Taxpayer a £1 million for grandstanding. An Indepenedant Lawyer discussing the Award said as the Head of Social Services she was ultimately to blame, but that she should have been allowed to testify at a Tribunal. He said the Judge

I am not keen on Ed Balls or appreciative of his work as Ed Sec. I wrote to him about a school where there were very worrying things going on, where a notice in the staff room said that whistle blowers would be fired, and I didn't even get an acknowledgement from him.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 29 May - 17:59

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

I am not keen on Ed Balls or appreciative of his work as Ed Sec. I wrote to him about a school where there were very worrying things going on, where a notice in the staff room said that whistle blowers would be fired, and I didn't even get an acknowledgement from him.

I DON"T EVEN LIKE HIS FACE., nor Ed Millibands come to that. If this is the best Labour can dothey will wait years before they win another General Election.
Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 29 May - 19:02

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

I DON"T EVEN LIKE HIS FACE., nor Ed Millibands come to that. If this is the best Labour can dothey will wait years before they win another General Election.

I hope you're right...this coalition seems to be having a bumpy ride. I can't stand any of them but the thought of Labour getting back in any time soon is.... Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 371436 ....I need a drink Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 956518
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 29 May - 19:38

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

I hope you're right...this coalition seems to be having a bumpy ride. I can't stand any of them but the thought of Labour getting back in any time soon is.... Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 371436 ....I need a drink Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 956518

I have never known such a dearth of potential Leaders and it is no wonder the population can"t be bothered to Vote. In fact the candidates don"t
even bother to canvass any more, a leaflet through ther Letterbox is all you get these days.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sun 29 May - 19:53

Panda wrote:
Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:

I have never known such a dearth of potential Leaders and it is no wonder the population can"t be bothered to Vote. In fact the candidates don"t
even bother to canvass any more, a leaflet through ther Letterbox is all you get these days.

There's nothing to choose between them. Totally uninspiring and I would trust any of them further than I could throw them.

We had a phone call the other night asking if we would vote for Ken Livingstone (presumably he's running for Mayor again?) ..my husband told the guy he was asking the wrong person...he can't stand the sight of Livingstone and wouldn't vote for him if he was the last person on earth. The call ended pretty quick Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 294124
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 31 May - 11:05

kitti wrote:She wants all her wages backdated ... .her pension reinstated plus 1m.

I hope she chokes on every bit off that money and it doesn't bring her any happiness and to turn round and say it has ruined her life....at least she has a life !

WELL SAID Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 307691 Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 307691 Sharon Shoesmith Wins Baby P Sacking Appeal 307691
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down