Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world

2 posters

Go down

Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Empty Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world

Post  Angelique Sun 29 May - 16:44

I am quite happy about the fact that we give aid to needy Countries but I wonder at DC's alturism for doing so.

Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world G8-sum10

Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world
It only takes us 22 days to borrow the £8.5bn we hand out so generously every year, says Christopher Booker.

David Cameron speaking during the press conference at the G8 summit in Deauville Photo: AP Photo/Markus Schreiber
By Christopher Booker 7:00PM BST 28 May 2011
115 Comments
I am sure we were all overjoyed to hear David Cameron boasting to the G8 meeting that Britain now contributes more of its GDP to overseas aid than any other country in the world. This was in the week when we also learned that, despite the latest tax rises, the £10 billion the Government had to borrow last month was the highest ever April figure on record.
Our revised borrowing figure for last year was just below £140 billion, which means that the Government has been spending nearly £3 billion a week more than its income – and, despite those famous “cuts”, its spending continues to rise. It’s good to know, though, that it only takes us 22 days to borrow the £8.5 billion we hand out each year in international aid, enabling our Prime Minister to boast that we are the most generous country in the world.
RELATED ARTICLES
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Empty as above

Post  halfamo Mon 30 May - 16:03

I think its about time these people who are elected to govern realised that charity begins at home its our tax pounds which are funding all this overseas aid and someone needs to tell this goverment they work for us not the other way around.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Overseas aid: We borrow to give to the world Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down