Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

+16
Angelique
tanszi
fedrules
wjk
cass
margaret
ShabbyTiger
Wallflower
widowan
AnnaEsse
pennylane
Lillyofthevalley
duncanmac
Harbinger
Ollybelle
dutchclogs
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Empty Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  Guest Mon 30 May - 19:38

Now that the PJ have confirmed their intention to co-operate with SY (Oh, yes: qv almostgothic's news in the "Remit for the review" Thread), would it not stop the agony being further prolonged and save the thick end of £3.5m if certain people coughed and declared "game over"?

PS: Apologies to Admin if there is a way of cross-linking to other Threads/Posts ............ I haven't worked it out yet!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Empty Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  dutchclogs Mon 30 May - 19:53

Algarve Newswatch
Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard on McCann case
The Portuguese criminal investigation police today confirmed they are fully committed to co-operating with the Metropolitan Police review of the Madeleine McCann case and to re-opening the investigation if the Met come up with credible new evidence.

The National Assistant Director for the Polícia Judiciária (PJ), Pedro do Carmo, told me: “We are in contact with the Metropolitan Police. They have informed us what they want to do, to recheck the files. Our colleagues in the UK are fully aware of our commitment and interest in trying to solve this case, to know what happened that night. At this point we have talked and we have a very open relationship. Let's see what comes next.”

The PJ investigation was shelved in July 2008, but Pedro do Carmo made it clear it would be re-opened if the Met comes up with sufficient grounds for doing so. But, he cautioned, "one step at a time. Let's see what happens."

Reports in Portugal at the weekend suggested that not all PJ officers feel at ease with Scotland Yard's involvement. Some are hostile to it, saying they believe the PJ did everything possible to solve the mystery of Madeleine's disappearance and that their professionalism was now being called into question. “The British policemen are not better than our own,” was one sentiment quoted in the Portuguese press.

There has been strong criticism in the UK and within the Metropolitan Police Authority itself of Scotland Yard's involvement.

Criticism aside, the way seems open for a thorough re-examination of the case so far.
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :
Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Empty Re: Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  Guest Mon 30 May - 19:56

Yes, this was inevitable.

As I said in slightly different words on the related "Saving The Pennies" Thread I started a few minutes ago, perhaps now would be a good time for the pact to fracture.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Empty Re: Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 30 May - 19:59

Threads merged and title edited.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 30 May - 20:00

Thankyou - makes life easier Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  944533
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 30 May - 20:07

The End Is Nigh wrote:Thankyou - makes life easier Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  944533

I hope so. I thought the change of title would attract more attention to your thread.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Mon 30 May - 20:17

AnnaEsse wrote:Threads merged and title edited.

Thanks Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  944533Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  554636 sorry if there was another thread, I had a look before posting, but my old eyes are not so good these days. Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  294124
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 30 May - 20:27

It's that little word "if" that's going to be the problem.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 30 May - 20:33

Well, as you have probably gathered by now, I'm an optimist regarding this Case and the public "If" is hopefully not the whole story.

I don't believe for one moment that the PJ haven't got a simmering mechanism for allegedly shelved Cases and I also don't doubt that they and SY have been co-operating for a while, just not overtly.

They are not likely to tell us everything ...................... mind you, that said there system does seem more open than ours in the UK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 30 May - 20:37

The End Is Nigh wrote:Yes, this was inevitable.

As I said in slightly different words on the related "Saving The Pennies" Thread I started a few minutes ago, perhaps now would be a good time for the pact to fracture.

One can hope.... but if I were in their shoes I'd wait it out.... at least until the evidence against the McCanns was overwhelming and they looked about to get taken down..... then I'd jump ship fast!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Ollybelle Mon 30 May - 20:40

I wonder how quickly this will all happen? I think it could be sooner rather than later.. ie weeks rather than months. any thoughts??
Ollybelle
Ollybelle
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 177
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Harbinger Mon 30 May - 21:13

and to re-opening the investigation if the Met come up with credible new evidence.

Does this mean if the joint investigation finds any new evidence / leads or whatever then the Portuguese will re-open the case, making the McCann's arguido's again ?
Harbinger
Harbinger
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 65
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 30 May - 21:16

That would depend upon where that evidence leads ................. but I'd give odds-on that your hypothesis will come true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 31 May - 1:00

Maybe this will be the end of the "maybe they won't cooperate and it'll all be a sham and end is tears" stuff... I too am an optimist and do not look a gift investigation in the mouth, we finally got this looked into and not in the way they want but in a fair way, I doubt it was so much McCanns' letter to Cameron that moved him as the tide turning with the rest of the voters... whichever, now it is in good hands, and with them cooperating unless someone finds a way to stymie that and whips up internal dissent, they ought to be able to do it.

I am sure the papers will be able to find one whinger who will have problems cooperating and be willing to say so or if not they'll make one up.

BUt if they have good coordinators on both sides, a common remit and an understood scope maybe they can minimize problems.

I think they will both learn from the others - this is not a bad practice whether the outcome comes up with something different or not. It's good to get outside opinions and see how other people do things. Mutual respect. If nothing else the PJ will get a commendation for the work they have done, unless it really is "shambolic" which I don't think it is. The more respect the PJ get from NSY the more their results will be respected by people who might not otherwise feel that way having read the McPropaganda.

widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Tue 31 May - 8:45

I believe somewhere down the line one of the tapas 9 will crack, and will be given immunity from prosecution to tell the truth, claiming to having been bullied into the pact by the Macs.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 31 May - 8:54

duncanmac wrote:I believe somewhere down the line one of the tapas 9 will crack, and will be given immunity from prosecution to tell the truth, claiming to having been bullied into the pact by the Macs.

I shouldn't be at all surprised if one or more) of them already has cracked, for whatever reason.

The apparent speed of Cameron's response to the McCann letter beggars belief unless what was proposed in response had already been decided. So why would that have been the case? Definite leads of new avenues to explore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Tue 31 May - 10:00

Angelique wrote:It's that little word "if" that's going to be the problem.

Sorry but in the title of the OP I can't see the word if, I came on here thinking it meant that the PJ WERE co-operating SY Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  29204
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 31 May - 10:45

duncanmac wrote:I believe somewhere down the line one of the tapas 9 will crack, and will be given immunity from prosecution to tell the truth, claiming to having been bullied into the pact by the Macs.

Certainly if the evidence begins to overwhelmingly stack up against the gruesome twosome.... then the group will fracture - but not otherwise (imo)

If the story is true, that one of the tapasniks tried to break ranks back in October 2007..... then that particular tapasnik is already 'on the record' as taking his first steps should things slide down hill. He can reiterate as a defense what he said back then - which was that he felt intimidated and was 'afraid of the power and backing the McCanns have.'

Praying we see their downfall soon! Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  782309

Last edited by pennylane on Tue 31 May - 12:36; edited 1 time in total
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Tue 31 May - 12:12

Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Sorry but in the title of the OP I can't see the word if, I came on here thinking it meant that the PJ WERE co-operating SY Portuguese police fully co-operating with Scotland Yard  29204

Lillyofthevalley

Its in the second post from dutchclogs - Algarve Newswatch

"Metropolitan Police review of the Madeleine McCann case and to re-opening the investigation if the Met come up with credible new evidence."

"The PJ investigation was shelved in July 2008, but Pedro do Carmo made it clear it would be re-opened if the Met comes up with sufficient grounds for doing so. But, he cautioned, "one step at a time. Let's see what happens."
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Tue 31 May - 12:44

The End Is Nigh wrote:

I shouldn't be at all surprised if one or more) of them already has cracked, for whatever reason.

The apparent speed of Cameron's response to the McCann letter beggars belief unless what was proposed in response had already been decided. So why would that have been the case? Definite leads of new avenues to explore.
end is nigh i agree i think things HAVE been going on long before dc decided to help , the book has been known about for months , some very important people police etc etc WILL imo have had a preview of the book , then gerry and kate get the sun backing them up all week in plls faces and they then inturn decide that pj and uk police , goverment arnt doing anything to help , i think mrs n mr mcann they have been looking and helping for a very long time , it is just that the information they MIGHT have will stay with the police . that is what usually happens in police cases .[ secret information ] i still think one of the tapas did make another statement in 2007 also i think the best police work is under cover and not have the media and the mcanns and clarrie butting in i feel that things are going in the right direction , the start was GA s book over turn that was the start of the end imo
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 May - 13:17

Comment on that article:

1 comments:

dewi lennard said...

This is good news. I have analysed the creche records, and the phone records, drawing on my experience as an intelligence officer, and am willing to demonstrate to the PJ or the Met that Maddie McCann never attended the creche. Taken with the evidence of the British dogs, one can suggest that she died before the creche had opened on 29 April 2007.
May 30, 2011 9:05 PM
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 31 May - 13:22

AnnaEsse wrote:Comment on that article:

1 comments:

dewi lennard said...

This is good news. I have analysed the creche records, and the phone records, drawing on my experience as an intelligence officer, and am willing to demonstrate to the PJ or the Met that Maddie McCann never attended the creche. Taken with the evidence of the British dogs, one can suggest that she died before the creche had opened on 29 April 2007.

He's on Twitter too ...

http://twitter.com/#!/kikoratton
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 31 May - 13:27

almostgothic wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Comment on that article:

1 comments:

dewi lennard said...

He's on Twitter too ...

http://twitter.com/#!/kikoratton

Thank you. I didn't realise it was the same person!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 31 May - 13:37

Angelique wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:

Lillyofthevalley

Its in the second post from dutchclogs - Algarve Newswatch

"Metropolitan Police review of the Madeleine McCann case and to re-opening the investigation if the Met come up with credible new evidence."

"The PJ investigation was shelved in July 2008, but Pedro do Carmo made it clear it would be re-opened if the Met comes up with sufficient grounds for doing so. But, he cautioned, "one step at a time. Let's see what happens."

The PJ will have to spend on this too, so they would want new evidence but I think that's always been code for "get McCanns back here to reconstruct this."

It's a good test of whether the Met is a serious investigation or just doing something to keep their jobs another few months, and no real taste for justice if it means embarrassing the PM and upsetting the apple cart. If they can't get the suspects back or won't ask them to do this, then they aren't really serious about following where the evidence leads.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 31 May - 14:18

Just a thought. If the detectives being used were due for retirement in the non too distant future then their costs would have been funded by the Met anyway. Is it possible that some of the £3.5m for the review would be to defray some of the costs Portugal would incur should the case be re-opened. just asking.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next