Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive

5 posters

Go down

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Empty Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 2 Jun - 0:02

Sky News

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  16003388

A dog has managed to survive despite being bound and shot in the head 40 times before being buried alive.

The stray collie - named Star by her rescuers - managed to wriggle her way to the surface of the shallow grave where she had been left to die in Malta.

Animal welfare officers were investigating a tip-off about three dogs being held in a cage when they heard her muffled whimpering.

They were shocked to find only her wired-up snout poking above the ground.

As they dug her out, they were even more horrified to discover Star had her legs tied together with shoe laces and had been shot 40 times in the head with a pellet gun.

The five-year-old was rushed to the nearest veterinary clinic where she had emergency surgery.

Vet Trevor Zammit said: "We had to spoon out pellets from under her skin. The person who shot her didn't do so accidentally because she was shot from quite close range."

Star's incredible tale of survival has touched the world with a Facebook page entitled Star: the dog who lived, set up in her honour.

The site, which has attracted more than 35,000 people, also aims to raise awareness to animal cruelty, pet adoption and rescue.

Police are now hunting the person responsible for her sickening ordeal.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Empty as above

Post  halfamo Thu 2 Jun - 13:55

I've seen this it is horrific if i had my way if found i would do the same to whoever was responsible , i still have in my mind the picture in the Daily Mirror over christmas of those two lurchers who were tied each end of a long rope then thrown over each side of a bridge so they hung each other, i will never understand the mindset of these subhumans who do things like this.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Empty Re: Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 2 Jun - 14:00

halfamo wrote:I've seen this it is horrific if i had my way if found i would do the same to whoever was responsible , i still have in my mind the picture in the Daily Mirror over christmas of those two lurchers who were tied each end of a long rope then thrown over each side of a bridge so they hung each other, i will never understand the mindset of these subhumans who do things like this.

I have no way to understand this kind of cruelty either. I think this must be one of the worst cases of abuse of an animal I have ever seen and I hope those responsible are caught and put behind bars.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive  Empty Re: Dog survives being shot in the head, bound and buried alive

Post  mara thon Sun 5 Jun - 12:45

What kind of living being can even contemplate doing something like this? I was going to call them vermin but even vermin are better than the vile spawn of Satan that could do such things. I do hope whoever did this is caught, but I won't hold my breath, and I also hope whoever did it suffers in agony for the rest of his/her life.

mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 5 Jun - 13:55

Absolutely horrific treatment for any animal. There seems as though there may be a clue though with the bit about 3 dogs in a cage.If they find the
owner he will probably say, someone stole thed dog.......40 pellets, tied up and buried alive , how can any human be so cruel .?????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Tue 7 Jun - 14:33

She has sadly died she went to visit her new family but sadly died before she could move in ,inflamed pancreas. Heartbreaking.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 8 Jun - 14:22

She never had a chance to feel love xx
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Wed 8 Jun - 15:05

kitti wrote:She never had a chance to feel love xx

Its heartbreaking kitti , there is not much will fire me up more than cruelty to animals when i look at my two cats and how much they are cared for i can't understand how people can be capable of such cruelty , i tell these pair of mine how lucky they are when they turn their noses up at the most expensive food .xx
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down