Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP

+9
kitti
tanszi
Dimsie
POPPY1
fred
Susan
Pabby
lubelle
lynn
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 10 Oct - 8:27

Justiceforallkids wrote:Morcombe inquest to begin on Monday

An inquest into the disappearance and suspected abduction of teenager Daniel Morcombe will begin on Monday.

Daniel was 13 when he went missing on December 7, 2003 under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass on the Nambour Connection Road on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

He'd set out to catch a bus to go shopping when he disappeared without a trace.

The inquest, which will be held at the Maroochydore Coroners Court, was arranged at the request of Daniel's parents, Bruce and Denise Morcombe, who have fought determinedly to solve the mystery of their son's disappearance.

Dozens of people who could hold the key to cracking the case are expected to be questioned during the five-day hearing.

The inquest will investigate whether Daniel is still alive.

If not, authorities are hoping to determine how, when and where he died, and what caused his death.

The inquest will also examine the adequacy of the immediate police response to the report that Daniel was missing, and the subsequent investigation.

Mr Morcombe told AAP last month that he was hopeful the inquest, which will delve into previously unreleased information on the case, can shed light on his son's fate.

"I'm quietly confident that the material that is there and is presented to the coroner is sufficient to make certain persons of interest nervous and on edge," he said.

"And we're hoping that that will weaken people's alibis and confidence that 'Hey, we've got away with this'."

The Queensland government has posted a $250,000 reward for information about the case, offering conditional indemnity from prosecution.
State Coroner Michael Barnes will preside over the inquest.

day for daniel is on octobber 12 school children etc go for walks with teachers etc and are told about how to not get in other peoples cars etc
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Empty Re: Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP

Post  fred Sun 10 Oct - 8:56

I saw this story on one of the satellite channels, it was terribly sad. I hope that one day they do find out what happened to that poor little lad, he looked such a nice boy, his family seemed still hopeful that they would find out.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :
Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 10 Oct - 14:18

Yes i remember watching it too, fred.

Their was a car near the bus stop when he went missing.

Was he late for the bus or did the bus driver just drive pass the bus stop he was at, i cant remember fred.

To me it looked like they were infering that he was abuducted by paedophiles....poor boy, if he was, i hope he didnt suffer.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sun 10 Oct - 14:45

kitti wrote:Yes i remember watching it too, fred.

Their was a car near the bus stop when he went missing.

Was he late for the bus or did the bus driver just drive pass the bus stop he was at, i cant remember fred.

To me it looked like they were infering that he was abuducted by paedophiles....poor boy, if he was, i hope he didnt suffer.

I'm pretty sure that the bus driver didn't stop, yes, I also go the impression that they thought paedophiles were involved, and if they were, then sadly he would have suffered! There are some sick bastards in the world! You have to be total pysco to abuse children, yet, often they are people in authority, mind boggling really.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Empty A man who says he was involved in the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe will give evidence today.

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 16 Dec - 6:21

Abuser wanted new plaything, inquest told
By Christine Flatley, AAP December 16, 2010, 2:43 pm

A man who says he was involved in the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe will give evidence today.

AAP © Enlarge photo

A man claims he helped abduct Sunshine Coast boy Daniel Morcombe so his abuser would have a new plaything and leave him alone, an inquest has heard.

Giving evidence in the Brisbane Coroners Court on Thursday, person of interest (POI) P33, said he did not believe the other man, known as P32, when he first mentioned a plan to abduct a child in late 2003.

He said P32, who had started abusing him when he was just 15, had told him he was getting too old and that he wanted someone younger.

"I didn't even take him for real," P33 told the court.

He said he started to suspect P32 was serious only when he started packing the car on the morning of December 7, 2003 - the day 13-year-old Daniel disappeared from a Sunshine Coast bus stop.

However, he said, he didn't believe P32 would carry out the plan.

"I followed him ... I played his little game, but I didn't actually think it would come to that," P33 told the inquest into Daniel's disappearance.

"You thought it was a bit of a lark, did you?" asked Craig Chowdhury, counsel assisting coroner Michael Barnes.

"Yes," he replied.

P33 told the court he and P32 drove to the Sunshine Coast where they saw Daniel waiting by the side of the road.

P33 said he got out of the car and went to speak to the boy, who said he was waiting for a bus that was running late.

He said he was filled with relief when he saw a bus approaching.

"I looked up and I saw the bus was coming, and I was so relieved to see that bus coming," P33 said.

"Then it didn't stop."

He said he and P32 then bundled Daniel into the car, tied his hands and feet, and gagged him.

Asked why he co-operated in the abduction, P33 said he had done so in the hope the procurement of a younger male would convince P32 to leave him alone.

"The only thing you were going to get out of it was that maybe (P32) was going to get out of your life?" Mr Chowdhury asked.

"Pretty much," he replied.
The inquest continues.
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 16 Dec - 6:22

this is the true horrifying reality for child abduction not the fairy tale the mcanns spin!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 16 Dec - 6:34

So are we now to hear where they took daniel and where his resting place is?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 16 Dec - 6:40

kitti wrote:So are we now to hear where they took daniel and where his resting place is?

i hope so his parents need closure
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Dec - 7:21

Justiceforallkids wrote:
kitti wrote:So are we now to hear where they took daniel and where his resting place is?

i hope so his parents need closure

I hope so too.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 16 Dec - 7:26

Justiceforallkids wrote:this is the true horrifying reality for child abduction not the fairy tale the mcanns spin!!!

It is. A child does not have to have been warned about strangers to instinctively react defensively to a strange person trying to take them. From around the age of 5/6 months, a child will respond with fear and crying when confronted by a person they don't know. So, a stranger trying to remove a child like Madeleine McCann from the safety (comparative!) of her bed would have to have silenced her and kept her from struggling. Whatever fairy tale land her parents would have us reside in, that is harm.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  POPPY1 Thu 16 Dec - 8:03

AnnaEsse wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:this is the true horrifying reality for child abduction not the fairy tale the mcanns spin!!!

It is. A child does not have to have been warned about strangers to instinctively react defensively to a strange person trying to take them. From around the age of 5/6 months, a child will respond with fear and crying when confronted by a person they don't know. So, a stranger trying to remove a child like Madeleine McCann from the safety (comparative!) of her bed would have to have silenced her and kept her from struggling. Whatever fairy tale land her parents would have us reside in, that is harm.

Well said AnnaEsse. Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 463742
POPPY1
POPPY1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1103
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 2 Jun - 0:09

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 2 Jun - 0:10

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Empty Daniel Morcombe abductor has been arrested and charged over the disappearance of Daniel

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 13 Aug - 10:50

Breakthrough in Morcombe case
AAP, Yahoo!7 August 13, 2011, 6:53 pm

Police have charged a 41-year-old man over the disappearance of Daniel Morcombe, who went missing on the Sunshine Coast in 2003.

The West Australian man has been charged with murder, deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child under 16 and interfering with a corpse.

The man spent the afternoon in police custody and was known as P7 during the inquiry into Daniel's disappearance.

It is believed the man is a father of three and drove past the abduction site twice on the day of Daniel's disappearance.

Police have thanked Crimestoppers, the media and community organisations for their help during the case.

A search of bushland on the Sunshine Coast is yet to be conducted.

The man will appear in the Supreme court on Monday.
Daniel was 13 when he went missing on December 7, 2003, while waiting for a bus on the Sunshine Coast.

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Sat 13 Aug - 10:58; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 13 Aug - 10:51

how wonderful for his family!!!! sad but wonderful that now they maybe able to find out where daniel is buried and they can give him the burial he so deserves rip daniel
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 13 Aug - 13:05

A sad outcome, but as you say, Carly, at least they now have hopes of finding Daniel's remains and giving them a proper burial. The fact that the abductor is a father of 3 himself somehow makes it all the more shocking.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sat 13 Aug - 13:08

Dimsie wrote:A sad outcome, but as you say, Carly, at least they now have hopes of finding Daniel's remains and giving them a proper burial. The fact that the abductor is a father of 3 himself somehow makes it all the more shocking.

yes imagine living in limbo for 8 years not knowing where your son is i think he was their only child?? and yes knowing that father of three did this is shocking all daniel did that day was wait for a bus and this person killed him and ruined his familiys life forever
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 13 Aug - 15:42

cant imagine how the family received this news, desperate that hes murdered, thankful that their waiting is over, full of pain because theyll never see him again, my thoughts are with them.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 13 Aug - 17:34

I thought their was more than one person involved in his disappearance , carly?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 14 Aug - 1:07

live media confrence right now with his parents his poor mum she is crying and cant even speak no joyful smiles from her like kate
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 14 Aug - 9:38

bump
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 14 Aug - 21:13

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 14 Aug - 21:18

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Daniel Morcombe found dead RIP - Page 2 Empty Daniel Morcombe murder suspect a father of three

Post  Guest Sun 14 Aug - 21:24

Daniel Morcombe murder suspect a father of three

The Courier-Mail From: The Courier-Mail August 15, 2011 12:48AM Increase Text
Morcombe Parents Press Conference
Watch the complete press conference with the parents of Daniel Morcombe as Police announce a suspect has been charged. Vision: Sky News
couriermail.com.au14 August 2011

Pause4:23 / 13:42Scrubbermute
Scrubber
ShareFullscreen.. Denise and Bruce Morcombe at a media outside their home today after learning a man had been charged with the murder of their son. Picture: Megan Slade Source: The Courier-Mail
A man has been charged in relation to the murder of Daniel Morcombe. Source: Supplied

. The 41-year-old former truck driver who has been charged with murder of Daniel Morcombe. Picture: Channel 9 news Source: Supplied
Denise and Bruce Morcombe soon after speaking to the media about the breakthrough. Picture: Megan Slade Source: The Courier-Mail

Teenager Daniel Morcombe was murdered. Picture: Lyndon Mechielsen Source: The Courier-Mail

Suspect "lured back to Queensland by police

Man in custody is reportedly a father of three
Hunt for Daniel's body has now intensified
POLICE and SES volunteers will ramp up their search for Daniel Morcombe's remains on the Sunshine Coast today as a father of three accused of his murder faces court.
The 41-year-old man charged with Queensland's most notorious crime is a former truck driver who cannot be named because of legal reasons, but was known as person of interest P7 in the recent inquest held into Daniel's disappearance, reported The Courier-Mail.

He is understood to have been recently lured back to Queensland from his new home in Western Australia.

The Courier-Mail revealed exclusively nine days ago that police had intensified the investigation and promised to catch his killer after an eight-year mystery which has troubled the nation.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage.Parents: Tears for stolen child ..End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
..The accused man will face Brisbane Magistrates Court today charged with murder, deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child and interfering with a corpse.

The Courier-Mail understands he is expected to plead not guilty to the charges, setting up a long court battle

While police are pleased with the arrest, they are privately warning that the case has "a long road ahead" particularly given the defiance of the accused in the face of rigorous fresh questioning over the weekend.

The breakthrough in the case followed the recent inquest into Daniel's disappearance which examined several persons of interest, including P7, who has always denied any involvement in Daniel's disappearance.

More than 50 police and SES workers spent yesterday methodically searching forest at Beerwah in light rain about 40km from where Daniel disappeared.

Their numbers are expected to more than double today after hundreds of sandbags were trucked in yesterday to shore up the area which is prone to flooding.

The arrival of forensic pathologist Peter Ellis on the scene about 3.30pm sparked rumours the search had uncovered remains but this was rejected by police last night.

A police spokesman last night said having a forensic pathologist visit the crime scene was "standard procedure".

"I wouldn't read anything into that," he said.

Peter Ellis.

Forensic pathologist Peter Ellis, second from left, at the site of the search for Daniel Morcombe. Picture: The Courier-Mail
Source: The Courier-Mail.
For almost eight years, Daniel's grief-stricken parents Denise and Bruce Morcombe have pushed for "one piece of evidence" that would unlock the mystery into their son's disappearance.

When Police Commissioner Bob Atkinson phoned just after 5pm on Saturday just as Assistant Commissioner Mick Condon "almost simultaneously" knocked on the door of the Morcombes' Palmwoods home, Bruce Morcombe knew that key element may have been discovered.

In emotional scenes yesterday, they faced the cameras again warning there was still much work to do.

"We said from day one that the person responsible picked on the wrong family," Mr Morcombe said.

"We said we would never give up. We're true to our word."

The Morcombes said they were still hopeful police would locate his remains and provide them with some type of emotional closure.

"He needs to be buried with dignity," a distressed Mrs Morcombe said.

Denise and Bruce Morcombe at a press conference outside their home the morning after a man is charged for the murder of their son. Picture: Megan Slade
Father-of-three faces court

THE father-of-three charged with the murder of Daniel Morcombe will face a packed courtroom in Brisbane this morning.

While he cannot be identified, the 41-year-old was one of the central figures in the recent inquest into the disappearance of Daniel.

He will appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court today charged with one count each of murder, deprivation of liberty, child stealing, indecent treatment of a child under 16 and interfering with a corpse.

Two weeks after Daniel disappeared, the accused was one of the first suspects police zeroed-in on during their marathon investigation, seizing his car for forensic examination.

He also had lived with relatives at Bli Bli in 1998 and was believed to be a member of the Christian Outreach Centre at Woombye at that time.

But last year members of that church told The Courier-Mail they had no recollection of him.

Acquaintances yesterday described him as "quiet".

COMPLEX CASE: The investigation into Daniel Morcombe's disappearance was the biggest in Queensland police history.
Source: Supplied.

POLICE begin the search for the remains of Daniel Morcombe after the massive breakthrough in the eight-year investigation last night that resulted in an arrest and charges being laid over the boy's disappearance and murder.
Sources predicted that the Brisbane Magistrates Court would schedule a brief hearing as early as possible. The Morcombes said they would not be attending court today.

The accused was expected to be represented by a duty lawyer from Legal Aid Queensland, but high-profile criminal solicitors were tipped to represent him in the long run.

A spokeswoman for Legal Aid last night said its lawyers had not been contacted by the accused, but confirmed he would be eligible to access a duty lawyer once he arrived at the court today.

His next appearance was likely to be in the same court later this month, or next, but he could also be remanded to a courthouse on the Sunshine Coast, closer to where the alleged offences took place.

Due to the murder charge, he would be unable to apply for bail within the jurisdiction of a magistrates court.

Should he apply for bail in the future, it would have to be through an application to the Supreme Court.

Even then, due to the high-profile nature of the case and the seriousness of the alleged offences, it would be unlikely for bail to be granted.

Police confirmed last night the accused was being held in custody at a secure location in Brisbane.

After his hearing tomorrow, he will be remanded in custody at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre until his scheduled appearance.

It could be months, even years, before the matter is dealt with and heard in court.

Because the inquest into Daniel's disappearance has been adjourned but was technically still sitting, all the suppression orders made by it remain in place.

The orders prevent the naming of any witness who gave evidence in the proceedings, any information likely to identify a witness or anyone else referred to by a witness.

The parents of the accused refused to comment yesterday.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/suspect-taken-into-custody-in-daniel-morcombe-investigation/story-e6frfkvr-1226114904000#ixzz1V2aBHaBW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 14 Aug - 21:34

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next