Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

No more news off the world

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Fri 8 Jul - 23:22

Badboy wrote:ONLY A THOUGHT,WILL THE OTHER NEWSPAPERS SALES BE BOOSTED?

Yes , I would think so , the closure of the NOTW has upset ordinary and the way Murdoch has treated his Staff shows just how selfish he is, all he is
interested in is buying the rest of bskyb shares so he will have a monopoly again,
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 9:40



Labour is asking for a Judge to be appointed immediately to avoid any evidence being destroyed.

Staff being invited to take home any memorabilia from the NOTW Offices.

Rumour that a consortium of private investors considering putting in a bid for NOTW
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Jul - 10:04

@RT @fieldproducer: #NOTW source says staff told that when they leave the building the newsroom will become a designated crime scene
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Jul - 10:18

carmen wrote:
@RT @fieldproducer: #NOTW source says staff told that when they leave the building the newsroom will become a designated crime scene

I suppose they will be looking for evidence of phone-hacking. They will have to seize all the computers before somebody gets to them and wipes the lot.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 10:26

Iris wrote:
carmen wrote:
@RT @fieldproducer: #NOTW source says staff told that when they leave the building the newsroom will become a designated crime scene

I suppose they will be looking for evidence of phone-hacking. They will have to seize all the computers before somebody gets to them and wipes the lot.

There was a story that some NOTW Staff tried to delete files from an Indian Office, but were given short shrift by the Office. I would say most of the evidence has already been deleted, there has been plenty of time . I wouldn"t be surprised if Rebekah is offered a job in one of Murdochs Foreign
Papers, I doubt she will be employed in the U.K. .
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Guest on Sat 9 Jul - 10:32

There is forensic software available that will recover even deleted files, up to six times overwritten I think it is, but the more overwritten it is, that harder it becomes to recover anything. The only way of truly destroying evidence on a hard disk is to physically smash the disk up into little pieces, with a hammer. So I suppose they had to stop people physically removing things in case that happened.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 11:29

Iris wrote:There is forensic software available that will recover even deleted files, up to six times overwritten I think it is, but the more overwritten it is, that harder it becomes to recover anything. The only way of truly destroying evidence on a hard disk is to physically smash the disk up into little pieces, with a hammer. So I suppose they had to stop people physically removing things in case that happened.

I just finished watching the BBC Programme Chris posted, thought Steve Coogan was good, the NOTW Reporter, rubbish , but overall this case is going
to go on ond on and on and cost the Taxpayer Millions. Britain is noted for having the most instrusive and sleaziest Press in the World and the reason is
there are too many Dailies chasing too little News with the result that anything is acceptable. When Murdoch came out in favour of supporting the
Conservatives , how could Cameron not accept his support without giving something in return? Murdoch was apparently seen going to number 10 just after the victory and I bet his support was because he wanted backing for his purchase of the bskyb shares.

How can Cameron try to persuade anyone he took Coulson on because he was told there was no case to answer and believed him? There are standards
of behaviour which Television has to accept, the Film Industry has to comply with Standards, Food Production, Stores etc all have to comply so why does
the Press think it is different? The PCC is completely ineffectual and deserves the complaint agaionst them . I watched the Programme with Max
Mosely and Gerry McCann airing their complaint to the PCC and discovered the Editor , I think the Express was on the Committee?????
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Annabel on Sat 9 Jul - 11:34

Mods, please delete this, if this is already posted!

News of the World phone hacking: email evidence 'deleted'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8627011/News-of-the-World-phone-hacking-email-evidence-deleted.html


Senior executives and staff at the News of the World attempted to obstruct the police investigation into telephone hacking by deleting millions of emails and hiding evidence from detectives, it was claimed last night.
The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man Photo: PA

By Victoria Ward, and Mark Hughes

9:32PM BST 08 Jul 2011

CommentsComments

An executive from News International, the tabloid’s parent company, allegedly deleted potentially incriminating emails from an internal archive shortly after Scotland Yard began its second investigation in January.

It is also alleged that the contents of a reporter’s desk were removed following his arrest before police had an opportunity to conduct a search.

The allegations came as The Daily Telegraph learnt that detectives have been handed a list of potential telephone hacking victims linked to the Madeleine McCann case.

The list of 67 names and numbers includes Kate and Gerry McCann, parents of the missing child, and politicians including Nick Clegg and Sir Menzies Campbell. It was handed to officers working on Operation Weeting, the Metropolitan Police’s investigation into telephone hacking at the News of the World last year.

The alleged mass deletion of emails, reported by The Guardian newspaper last night, has exacerbated tensions between News International and Scotland Yard.

Last month, News International handed over evidence of journalists’ alleged involvement in bribing police officers, but was warned by Scotland Yard not to make a public announcement. When the existence of the emails became public this week detectives concluded that the agreement had been breached.

It is also claimed that after the arrest of James Weatherup, a senior journalist at the newspaper, in April, his desk was cleared and its contents lodged with a firm of solicitors. The Metropolitan Police is said to have consulted the Crown Prosecution Service over whether charges could be brought.

Meanwhile, the list containing details of people linked to the Madeleine investigation suggests the victims of telephone hacking are not confined to names seized from Glenn Mulcaire following his arrest in 2006. Although the three year-old went missing in May 2007, after Mulcaire, the private investigator at the heart of the scandal, had been jailed, some connected to the investigation into her disappearance have raised concerns that their telephones may have been hacked.

One is understood to be Justine McGuinness, a Liberal Democrat adviser who was a spokesman for the McCanns. The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man.


Detectives were said to have interviewed Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns’ spokesman, about the list, although he was unaware how it came into fruition. Mr Mitchell has confirmed that he met officers after attempts were made to access his Vodafone account.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said of the list: “If anyone is concerned about telephone hacking we are duty bound to take it seriousl
avatar
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  RIORITA on Sat 9 Jul - 11:42

There is definately a backlash with the Sun this morning. We normally sell approx. 180 Suns by this time
and approx. 260 Records. [we open at 4.15am every day] To-day we have sold only 80 Suns and 340 Records.
Herald, Mail, Express and Broadsheets all sold out. There will be a couple of hundred Suns making their way
back to-morrow morning. Would be interesting to know if this is the norm to-day. Will find out to-morrow
on the Newsagents blog.
avatar
RIORITA
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 797
Age : 72
Location : scotland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 11:58

Justine McGuiness was only with the McCanns for a short time. This is all CM"s doing, anything to get pubiciity for him and the McCanns. Did the
Telegraph ask the McCanns personally, or take CM"s word for it. He and the McCanns really are contemptible, I would just love it if there was evidence
found and they claimed damages only to find SY were using the information in their review of the Madeleine Case.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 12:10

RIORITA wrote:There is definately a backlash with the Sun this morning. We normally sell approx. 180 Suns by this time
and approx. 260 Records. [we open at 4.15am every day] To-day we have sold only 80 Suns and 340 Records.
Herald, Mail, Express and Broadsheets all sold out. There will be a couple of hundred Suns making their way
back to-morrow morning. Would be interesting to know if this is the norm to-day. Will find out to-morrow
on the Newsagents blog.

Hi RioRita,

I mentioned yesterday that a Newsagent was interviewed and showed the stack of The Sun Paper still unsold, she said it was usually the first daily
to be sold out and thought it was the people boycotting the Paper because of the way Murdoch had shut down the HOTW. I don"t think having a Sunday Sun will create much interest.

There was a demonstration outside Parliament against Murdoch being able to buy the remaining shares in bskyb, all kinds of protesters dressing up,
very clever.!!! I don"t think he will succeed now, but if it wasn"t for The Guardian and some intrepid Journalists this case would never have been
been investigated.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Badboy on Sat 9 Jul - 12:50

[quote="Annabel"]Mods, please delete this, if this is already posted!

News of the World phone hacking: email evidence 'deleted'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8627011/News-of-the-World-phone-hacking-email-evidence-deleted.html


Senior executives and staff at the News of the World attempted to obstruct the police investigation into telephone hacking by deleting millions of emails and hiding evidence from detectives, it was claimed last night.
The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man Photo: PA
67 PEOPLE LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE SUPPOSEDLY HACKED,THE MIND BOGGLES AS TO WHOM THEY ARE POSSIBLY?
BK?
BO
CM?
DP
DW
FP
GM?
JC?
JM
JT
JW
KM
MC
MO
MW(2)
NC
RO




Last edited by Badboy on Sat 9 Jul - 13:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MORE NAMES)
avatar
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8088
Age : 51
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  cass on Sat 9 Jul - 12:57

[quote="Badboy"]
Annabel wrote:Mods, please delete this, if this is already posted!

News of the World phone hacking: email evidence 'deleted'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8627011/News-of-the-World-phone-hacking-email-evidence-deleted.html


Senior executives and staff at the News of the World attempted to obstruct the police investigation into telephone hacking by deleting millions of emails and hiding evidence from detectives, it was claimed last night.
The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man Photo: PA
67 PEOPLE LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE SUPPOSEDLY HACKED,THE MIND BOGGLES AS TO WHOM THEY ARE POSSIBLY?
BK?
CM?
GM?
JC?
JM
KM?
JM
JT
KM
MC
NC

thanks bad boy , well if jane tanner and others have had their phones hacked i reccon they now need to go to sy and spill what they know and fast
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Badboy on Sat 9 Jul - 12:58

NOW HERE AN IDEA,WHY DON'T ALL THE SACKED STAFF AT NOTW SUE ANDY COULSON OR ANYONE ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PHONE HACKING FOR THEIR LOSS OF JOBS,THAT WOULD BE GOOD
avatar
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8088
Age : 51
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  cass on Sat 9 Jul - 13:14

i really hope that all this does not stop the mcanns claiming unfair trial , tbh i dont think it will ever get to trial . BUT them getting off by all this phone hacking buisness mmmmmmm still got a bad feeling about this
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Badboy on Sat 9 Jul - 13:18

A FEW MOMENTS AGO REPORTED THAT A 63-YEAR OLD MAN BELIEVED TO BE A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR HAS BEEN RELEASED ON BAIL.
avatar
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8088
Age : 51
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 13:21

[quote="Badboy"]
Annabel wrote:Mods, please delete this, if this is already posted!

News of the World phone hacking: email evidence 'deleted'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8627011/News-of-the-World-phone-hacking-email-evidence-deleted.html


Senior executives and staff at the News of the World attempted to obstruct the police investigation into telephone hacking by deleting millions of emails and hiding evidence from detectives, it was claimed last night.
The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man Photo: PA
67 PEOPLE LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE SUPPOSEDLY HACKED,THE MIND BOGGLES AS TO WHOM THEY ARE POSSIBLY?
BK? Brian Kennedy
BO
CM?Clarence Mitchell
DP David Payne
DW
FP Fiona Payne
GM? Gerry McCann
JC? Jon Corner
JM John McCann
JT Jane Tanner
JW Jez Wilkins
KM Kate McCann
MC
MO Oldfield
MW(2) Michael Wright
NC Kate"s Friend?
RO Russell O"Brien




I think I have guessed rightt Badboy
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  cass on Sat 9 Jul - 13:24

dw - diane webster
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 13:39

cass wrote:dw - diane webster

Good choice although I don"t think the McCanns , certainly not Mitchell would have known her , could be another of Kate"s Friends who flew over to
PDL a couple of days after Madeleiene disappeared. Problem is here, we don"t know who made these calls and when .
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Badboy on Sat 9 Jul - 13:54

[quote="Panda"]
Badboy wrote:
Annabel wrote:Mods, please delete this, if this is already posted!

News of the World phone hacking: email evidence 'deleted'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8627011/News-of-the-World-phone-hacking-email-evidence-deleted.html


Senior executives and staff at the News of the World attempted to obstruct the police investigation into telephone hacking by deleting millions of emails and hiding evidence from detectives, it was claimed last night.
The list of possible victims also features Miss McGuinness’s Lib Dem colleagues, Mr Clegg and Sir Menzies, and Jane Tanner, who was on holiday with the McCanns in Praia da Luz, Portugal, and is convinced she saw Madeleine being carried off by a man Photo: PA
67 PEOPLE LINKED TO MADELEINE MCCANN CASE SUPPOSEDLY HACKED,THE MIND BOGGLES AS TO WHOM THEY ARE POSSIBLY?
BK? Brian Kennedy
BO
CM?Clarence Mitchell
DP David Payne
DW
FP Fiona Payne
GM? Gerry McCann
JC? Jon Corner
JM John McCann
JM2
JT Jane Tanner
JW Jez Wilkins
KM Kate McCann
MC
MO Oldfield
MW(2) Michael Wright
NC Kate"s Friend?
RM
RO Russell O"Brien




I think I have guessed rightt Badboy
NC=NICK CLEGG
avatar
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8088
Age : 51
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 14:04

I can"t see Nick Clegg phoning either the McCanns or CM, he"s a Liberal and CM worked for Labour and Gerry reportedly was a fundraiser for the Labour
Party, Trouble is, we don"t know whether all these calls were from the McCanns Mobiles or CM.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  the slave on Sat 9 Jul - 14:16

Right..I'm just going to say this..... 67 phone s hacked regarding the McCann case...... hmmmmmmm.
Now if the NOTW and Scotland Yard don't know EVERYTHING about this tragedy ..I will eat my hat.
Now let's get some of these stones unturned shall we?
THIS IS MASSIVE!
avatar
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Age : 63
Location : upstairs
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Sat 9 Jul - 14:38

Is there proof of the hacking of the T9 phones or is this Mitchell saying this , because if its the latter .....well.
avatar
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 71
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Panda on Sat 9 Jul - 14:40

the slave wrote:Right..I'm just going to say this..... 67 phone s hacked regarding the McCann case...... hmmmmmmm.
Now if the NOTW and Scotland Yard don't know EVERYTHING about this tragedy ..I will eat my hat.
Now let's get some of these stones unturned shall we?
THIS IS MASSIVE!

Yes and CM and the greedy Mccanns are trying to get compensation, .....have you ever known a pair like them?

As for the genuine cases , now the extent of the hacking is known will it be another behind closed doors report denied to the public under the oft used
"FOI" act. We are not living in a Democracy and shouldn"t kid ourselves.

It is as you say, a MASSIVE scandal involving Government at the highest level, if David Cameron had any honour he would resign for thinking we
believe him and trust his relationship with Murdoch. It is going to take years to untangle but since Scotland Yard reportedly found no evidence ,
or covered it up if they did, who can we trust to be impartial?

Journalists talk about freedom of the Press, that freedom does not give them the right to hack into peoples phones, report Celebrities private lives
and since they have been collecting these converations for such a long time you have to wonder what they intended to do with them.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum