Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more news off the world

+27
Merina
Angelique
isar
Chris
buildersbum
sunflower
Panda
almostgothic
halfamo
Annabel
the slave
cass
RIORITA
chrissie
SteveT
meg
Bobsy
Ollybelle
tabs
Dimsie
SyFy
pennylane
Justiceforallkids
Arguida
malena stool
MaryB
fred
31 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

No more news off the world - Page 7 Empty Re: No more news off the world

Post  buildersbum Sat 9 Jul - 21:15

Just been on MSN Page, its got the Rebekah Brookes story, tried to post on it, and strangely my laptop froze, its taken me atleast 15mins to get it going again, so becareful No more news off the world - Page 7 424743
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 9 Jul - 21:48

isar wrote:
Chris wrote:
isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds

The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.

semantics ...he was jailed for HACKING

he hacked then he hacked now...11000 pages of HACKING which the Met only took a glance at in 2006

surely you aren't playing down his or the Nowt's culpability ?

Not at all, the more of them they can get before the courts the better. My point was simply at the moment the Dowler story is an allegation and has yet to be tested or confirmed. Having seen McMullan's performance on Newsnight he is full of BS so his disclosure over a pint to Grant may yet be proved right or wrong although it does appear the family thought their daughter was still accessing her phone so it could well be genuine.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
No more news off the world - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100No more news off the world - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Sat 9 Jul - 21:55

buildersbum wrote:Just been on MSN Page, its got the Rebekah Brookes story, tried to post on it, and strangely my laptop froze, its taken me atleast 15mins to get it going again, so becareful No more news off the world - Page 7 424743

You didn't put the laptop in the fridge and leave the milk out , did you, bb? No more news off the world - Page 7 25346 ...jk...just kiddin... No more news off the world - Page 7 25346
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  isar Sat 9 Jul - 22:03

Chris wrote:
isar wrote:
Chris wrote:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.

semantics ...he was jailed for HACKING

he hacked then he hacked now...11000 pages of HACKING which the Met only took a glance at in 2006

surely you aren't playing down his or the Nowt's culpability ?

Not at all, the more of them they can get before the courts the better. My point was simply at the moment the Dowler story is an allegation and has yet to be tested or confirmed. Having seen McMullan's performance on Newsnight he is full of BS so his disclosure over a pint to Grant may yet be proved right or wrong although it does appear the family thought their daughter was still accessing her phone so it could well be genuine.

we are on the same page
isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Sat 9 Jul - 22:05

Agreed isar. If it's a crime scene, which it is, then it should have been taped off. It demonstrates the many shades of our justice system...a made to measure rather than one size fits all justice system.

I did see the T-shirt ...very good.

I got the impression that Rebekah wasn't going to help anybody find a job...not her problem attitude.

I really hope that come next week we are inundated with revelations from the staff.

I have never, ever, read NOTW but I think the staff deserved better.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 9 Jul - 22:28

whatsupdoc

I have to say that agree that the newsroom is a crime scene just as all the offices should be, but they are not taped off. I didn't expect anything else really. As you say our justice system is altered depending on who you are. I am assuming they are all "of the same family" so unless we hear from sacked members of staff - the whole thing will probably be "papered over" - excuse the pun.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Merina Sun 10 Jul - 16:28

Merina
Merina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 100
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 10 Jul - 16:33

VERY FUNNY
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jul - 12:39