Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

No more news off the world

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  buildersbum on Sat 9 Jul - 21:15

Just been on MSN Page, its got the Rebekah Brookes story, tried to post on it, and strangely my laptop froze, its taken me atleast 15mins to get it going again, so becareful

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Chris on Sat 9 Jul - 21:48

isar wrote:
Chris wrote:
isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds


The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.

semantics ...he was jailed for HACKING

he hacked then he hacked now...11000 pages of HACKING which the Met only took a glance at in 2006

surely you aren't playing down his or the Nowt's culpability ?

Not at all, the more of them they can get before the courts the better. My point was simply at the moment the Dowler story is an allegation and has yet to be tested or confirmed. Having seen McMullan's performance on Newsnight he is full of BS so his disclosure over a pint to Grant may yet be proved right or wrong although it does appear the family thought their daughter was still accessing her phone so it could well be genuine.
avatar
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  whatsupdoc on Sat 9 Jul - 21:55

buildersbum wrote:Just been on MSN Page, its got the Rebekah Brookes story, tried to post on it, and strangely my laptop froze, its taken me atleast 15mins to get it going again, so becareful


You didn't put the laptop in the fridge and leave the milk out , did you, bb? ...jk...just kiddin...
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  isar on Sat 9 Jul - 22:03

Chris wrote:
isar wrote:
Chris wrote:
isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds


The PI wasn't jailed for hacking Milly Dowler's phone - that allegation has only just surfaced. I think the proven offence leading to his sentence was related to hacking phones belonging to Prince Harry and staff at Clarence House.

semantics ...he was jailed for HACKING

he hacked then he hacked now...11000 pages of HACKING which the Met only took a glance at in 2006

surely you aren't playing down his or the Nowt's culpability ?

Not at all, the more of them they can get before the courts the better. My point was simply at the moment the Dowler story is an allegation and has yet to be tested or confirmed. Having seen McMullan's performance on Newsnight he is full of BS so his disclosure over a pint to Grant may yet be proved right or wrong although it does appear the family thought their daughter was still accessing her phone so it could well be genuine.

we are on the same page
avatar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  whatsupdoc on Sat 9 Jul - 22:05

isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds





Agreed isar. If it's a crime scene, which it is, then it should have been taped off. It demonstrates the many shades of our justice system...a made to measure rather than one size fits all justice system.

I did see the T-shirt ...very good.

I got the impression that Rebekah wasn't going to help anybody find a job...not her problem attitude.

I really hope that come next week we are inundated with revelations from the staff.

I have never, ever, read NOTW but I think the staff deserved better.
avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Angelique on Sat 9 Jul - 22:28

whatsupdoc

I have to say that agree that the newsroom is a crime scene just as all the offices should be, but they are not taped off. I didn't expect anything else really. As you say our justice system is altered depending on who you are. I am assuming they are all "of the same family" so unless we hear from sacked members of staff - the whole thing will probably be "papered over" - excuse the pun.
avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Merina on Sun 10 Jul - 16:28



http://scottishcrucible.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/200-jobs-168-years-72-pages-one-ct/
avatar
Merina
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 100
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Badboy on Sun 10 Jul - 16:33

VERY FUNNY
avatar
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8041
Age : 51
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Guest on Mon 11 Jul - 12:39

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  margaret on Mon 11 Jul - 13:55

isar wrote:I just have the one question:

Milly Dowler's phone was intercepted and her mailbox interfered with-whilst the child was missing

By a PI in the employ of the NOTW at the time - incarcerated for the deed - that was/is a crime

and that makes the newsroom in Wapping a crimescene - no ?

So today we see the (presumably entirely innocent present NOWT staff) editing their last edition - chomping on cakes and wearing 'meaningfully- sloganged' T-shirts proclaiming the end of what never was more than a sleaze paper.

The newsroom should have been cleared 49 hrs ago with cops going through every hard drive and every filing cabinet.

Bet you can't get near the shredder now for love nor money.

That Brooks has a pot to p.ss in tonight makes a mockery of all that justice carp.

Cameron is staring right into the abyss Nietzsche went on about.....and Uncle Rupert will touch down in Heathrow tomorrow - delivering the final blow

Just right now-I'm glad I'm not from the Cotswolds




Emails can be recovered even when they're 'deleted' - short of taking your computer to bits and physically smashing the hard drive EVERYTHING is recoverable. As for shredding stuff can you trust the person doing the shredding?
avatar
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  kitti on Mon 11 Jul - 14:07

I would like to just ask....WHY?

These people werent 'wanted' for anything, their wasn't a need to get something from their voicemail to 'incriminate' them...so WHY?
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  kitti on Mon 11 Jul - 14:08

Brooks is just as culpable as Coulson.
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  kitti on Mon 11 Jul - 14:11

What is more worrying is.....surrey police KNEW about this as the P.I. Reported his findings to them!
avatar
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Age : 107
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  margaret on Mon 11 Jul - 15:00

kitti wrote:I would like to just ask....WHY?

These people werent 'wanted' for anything, their wasn't a need to get something from their voicemail to 'incriminate' them...so WHY?

Just for a different angle, some sort of scandal to sell more papers, sick scum.

I'd like to know how they got hold of Milly Dowlers number, or the soldiers killed abroad, is that what they paid the police for?
avatar
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  whatsupdoc on Mon 11 Jul - 21:00

kitti wrote:Watch this space.........in a few months time their will be a NEW.....news off the world...under a DIFFERENT name...

A few months???

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/plan-emerges-to-re-launch-news-of-the-world.html

avatar
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: No more news off the world

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum