Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks

+7
mummy45
isar
Chris
malena stool
whatsupdoc
buildersbum
mumbles
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Re: Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks

Post  isar Sun 10 Jul - 11:28

Michael Heseltine

yep there was the copter story - positively small fry compared to the NOTW carp

but he served his country as a soldier (front- line) that puts him way above the barristers/solicitors making up 90% of MPs in my books

he's intelligent, moderate and outward looking

get him back in the driving seat - I say
isar
isar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 78
Warning :
Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Re: Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks

Post  Panda Sun 10 Jul - 13:30

Mark Lewis, Lawyer for Milly Dowlers Family has just been interviewed on Sky News, he says Family are disgusted at the hacking of Milly"s phone and
he questions why the Police did nothing at the time. On whose authority did they close the case? He hopes some good will come out of all this and the Press will be less corrupt in their quest for news.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Murdoch wants B sky B. He didn't care much about the 'News of the World'.

Post  comperedna Sun 10 Jul - 13:44

That is 'British Sky Broadcasting': the most lucrative independent British TV set up. He will not be allowed to take it over for ethical reasons... being an usuitable person to run a broadcasting channel... unless he dumps Rebekah Brooks. I think there really is a limit to his power. He WILL NOT bring down the government! Diamond Dave made a bum decision and put friendship before good sense. VERY FOOLISH... but not a hanging offence... He'd not have done so if he'd known about the Milly Dowler hacking etc...He just put his telescope to his blind eye once or twice...a very bad idea, true.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Jul - 14:00

comperedna

Actually, Rebekah lives near David Cameron and they have attended social events so she is a friend of his. I don"t think he wants to defend her but even
if Murdoch lets her go, Cameran has been fatally wounded as a Prime Minister. This may even lead to the Lib Dems withdrawing from the Coalition and
another Election being called......God forbid, who is there amongst all the Political Parties who could be a reasonable Prime Minister ??????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mummy45 Sun 10 Jul - 14:11

Record sales today. Head down for a few weeks followed by 50p introductory priced sunonsunday for say 3 weeks and then full price copy with the mother of all stories on the cover guaranteeing another bumper sales figure Done!
mummy45
mummy45
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 170
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Jul - 14:19

mummy45 wrote:Record sales today. Head down for a few weeks followed by 50p introductory priced sunonsunday for say 3 weeks and then full price copy with the mother of all stories on the cover guaranteeing another bumper sales figure Done!

The Sales today are supposed to be going to charity. Murdoch sacrifices the NOTW with sales of £4 million in favour of trying to buy up the 39% of
bskyb shares to make his holding 100% with a turnover of $6 billion. I have a feeling he will fail because there is so much ill feeling towards this
Press Baron who is corrupt and power hungry.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Panda you are partly on the button...

Post  comperedna Sun 10 Jul - 14:24

Ms Brooks and Diamond Dave are indeed very close neighbours. Cameron has, foolishly perhaps, prioritised friendship, but he did say if Brooks had offered him her resignation he would have accepted it.

I live in the constituency too. I won't say where exactly Brooks and Cameron live because there may be nutters out there. Shaun Woodward lives neaby too in a simply enormous mansion (he married a Sainsbury's heiress). He was a crap Tory MP before he 'crossed the house' and changed to being a Labour MP, and he was still a crap MP. Diamond Dave jokes that he can just see the rooftops of 'the big house' from his cottage door, and indeed it is a bit like that. Cameron became our MP after Woodward and was just as good a constituency MP as Douglas Hurd was earlier. Hurd had a big job to do, as does Cameron, but believe me those two were/are excellent as far as the locals are concerned.

Unless Cameron knew stuff he claims not to have known, and this can be proved, NO WAY will he be brought down. I hope a proper judicial inquiry will find out who knew what, when. I keep reading piss-poor articles about Witney, and about Cameron, by people who have never been to one and never met the other even once. That's the press for you. (BTW I am not a Tory voter so these comments may have a bitmore clout.)
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 10 Jul - 14:47

comperedna wrote:That is 'British Sky Broadcasting': the most lucrative independent British TV set up. He will not be allowed to take it over for ethical reasons... being an usuitable person to run a broadcasting channel... unless he dumps Rebekah Brooks. I think there really is a limit to his power. He WILL NOT bring down the government! Diamond Dave made a bum decision and put friendship before good sense. VERY FOOLISH... but not a hanging offence... He'd not have done so if he'd known about the Milly Dowler hacking etc...He just put his telescope to his blind eye once or twice...a very bad idea, true.
PADDY ASHDOWN WARNED DAVID CAMERON ABOUT THE RISKS OF HIRING ANDY COULSON BECAUSE OF WHAT SOURCES TOLD HIM ABOUT ANDY COULSON'S POTENTIAL SCANDAL
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 10 Jul - 14:58

Comparedna

Is Shaun Woodward a fat Guy? If so, he was interviewed this morning railing against Cameron.

Did you ever see a play on Channel 4 last year about Cameron and Boris Johnson who were both at Eton at the same time. Boris was portrayed as
the gregarious madcap who was very popular and was President of the Students Union. Dave was portrayed as quiet more studious but there was
unspoken rivalry between them. I don"t know what career path Boris took but Cameron applied to Conservative Central Offfice.and was helped in his
application by an Aunt who worked in Buckingham Palace. Boris, although he is a madcap has more in common with ordinary people than David will
ever have.

My MP is also very good at looking after his constituency but there is a big difference between that and looking after a Country. I don"t think I have ever known such corrupt Governmet that we have had over the last 14 yrs, Tony Blair started it all , but it must be an honest person, seen to be honest by the people, who can get us out of this mess., sorry David is not the one to do it.IMO Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Dear Panda

Post  comperedna Sun 10 Jul - 15:23

I think Boris is much more of a toff than Dave is. I've had that Dave sitting on my sofa, and I think I know better what he is like as a person. I am of working class origin and I can tell you, definitely, he is NOT a snob. Lots of people who have been to smart public schools appear arrogant at a distance, when they are not, because what going to a school like that does is give you confidence automatically. No-one chooses his/her own parents, and rarely does he/she get to choose where to go to school.

People like me get their confidence a harder way... by not giving a sh*t for where people come from but latching on to what they say, and even more to how they behave and what they do. Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 25346

If you are blaming Cameron for bad judgement or bad policies: that is fair enough...

Boris appears humourous (see HIGNFY) and scatty, but I am betting he is the colder, harder, and more ruthless man... and less liberal with it. NB I do NOT know Boris, though he was also an Oxfordshire MP, for the much posher area of Henley.

People get Witney wrong just because it has a Waitrose as well as Summerfield, a Sainsbury's and a Co-op... It is what it has always been, a workaday market town. It used to have lots of blanket factories when I moved here, but one by one they closed, and we got a lot of light industry: from widget making to computer repairs.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Rupert Murcoch"s "total" support for Brooks - Page 2 Empty Panda... on running the country

Post  comperedna Sun 10 Jul - 15:36

"My MP is also very good at looking after his constituency but there is a big difference between that and looking after a Country. I don"t think I have ever known such corrupt Governmet that we have had over the last 14 yrs, Tony Blair started it all , but it must be an honest person, seen to be honest by the people, who can get us out of this mess., sorry David is not the one to do it.IMO "

I agree with most of the above, and TB was as trustworthy as a three shilling piece, with his creepy praying and his sucking up to Bush, and his sexing up of dodgy dossiers to get us into a war we shouldn't have touched with a barge pole. Gordon Brown was a (many nouns and expletives deleted). The less said about him the better. My jury is still out on Diamond Dave.

Ah! Do away with the lot of them and get some fresh faces in ... and whilst you are about it get rid of the royals too. I propose for UK President, Chris Patten and for US president (after Obamas better second term to come) possibly General Petreaus (can't spell it)
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mulberry babe Sun 10 Jul - 23:16

Desperate Ed's opportunism is nauseating. I saw an interview with him this morning on the Andrew Marr show, it was shocking.
mulberry babe
mulberry babe
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 64
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 11 Jul - 1:48

mulberry babe wrote:Desperate Ed's opportunism is nauseating. I saw an interview with him this morning on the Andrew Marr show, it was shocking.

A lot of this happened when "New Labour" were in power.!!1 I don"t even like looking at Ed.....he"s got one of those weak vacuous faces .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 11 Jul - 8:17

Just an aside, but relevant. bskyb shares have dropped to £7.00 , the offer price was £9.odd so this is significant. There is talk that James Murdoch should alos be questioned. Cameron is facing dissent from LD Members over this affair and he must make a decision.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 Jul - 8:22

Panda wrote:
mulberry babe wrote:Desperate Ed's opportunism is nauseating. I saw an interview with him this morning on the Andrew Marr show, it was shocking.

A lot of this happened when "New Labour" were in power.!!1 I don"t even like looking at Ed.....he"s got one of those weak vacuous faces .

He had all these high principles about being an unmarried parent. Until suddenly it suited his political career to get married. What a slap in the face for his poor partner, I would have refused to do it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 11 Jul - 8:28

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:

He had all these high principles about being an unmarried parent. Until suddenly it suited his political career to get married. What a slap in the face for his poor partner, I would have refused to do it.

I know Iris, and wasn"t he a close ally of Gordon Brown?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2