Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amy winehouse

+23
dazedandconfused
ann_chovey
Claudia79
Merina
tanszi
SteveT
kitti
buildersbum
Jean-Luc
wantthetruth
pooh
Justiceforallkids
mumbles
almostgothic
ali1966
AnnaEsse
FreddieFireHog
princess_leia
pennylane
Angelina
Badboy
Chris
margaret
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Amy winehouse - Page 3 Empty Re: Amy winehouse

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 11:13

Merina wrote:
Panda wrote:
Merina wrote:No, she's Jewish

I just wondered because Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours. I can"t say I knew much about her music except Rehab but her Back to Black CD won 5 Grammies and she was considered one of the finest blues singers. Have just ordered from HMV on line the Back to Black CD at 9.99, not just
to listen to it, but as a Collectors Item, she she only ever had two CD"s produced. It will be a Collectors item. I used to listen to Bilie Holliday a lot

I've got friends who are Jews and they also bury their dead within 24 hours.

I often wondered at the reason, do you know? I thought it might have something to do with Temperatures in the Middle East.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Amy winehouse - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amy winehouse - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 24 Jul - 11:14

Panda wrote:

I just wondered because Muslims have to be buried within 24 hours. I can"t say I knew much about her music except Rehab but her Back to Black CD won 5 Grammies and she was considered one of the finest blues singers. Have just ordered from HMV on line the Back to Black CD at 9.99, not just
to listen to it, but as a Collectors Item, she she only ever had two CD"s produced. It will be a Collectors item. I used to listen to Bilie Holliday a lot

I'm sure you'll love it. I've got two B2B CD's one for home and one for car. Never fails to impress.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Amy winehouse - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amy winehouse - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 11:29

dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

I'm sure you'll love it. I've got two B2B CD's one for home and one for car. Never fails to impress.

Thanks , Iv"e bought a lot of Films ( wait until they sell for £2.99...Iv"e ordered that film with Brad Pitt, "Benjamin Button", and Grease, Dejavu ,
no postage charge, can"t go wrong.!!!!!

Will let you know what I think of Amy"s CD. Amy winehouse - Page 3 Icon_flower
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 12:04

Jewish bury their dead within 24 hours, but that period can be extended to 72 hours by a rabbi, if there are exceptional circumstances. Amy's family are very observant so this will hit them hard, the body was found on Shabbat and a suicide is about one of the worst things a person can do in the Jewish faith. Mind you I don't think Amy herself was that observant, or she wouldn't be covered in those awful tattoos, Jewish ppl are not supposed to have tattoos. :( In any case the week-long mourning ritual for her family must begin right away, there is no means of postponing that one as far as I am aware. Amy winehouse - Page 3 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 12:08

Panda wrote:
Merina wrote:
Panda wrote:

I've got friends who are Jews and they also bury their dead within 24 hours.

I often wondered at the reason, do you know? I thought it might have something to do with Temperatures in the Middle East.

Don't know about Muslims but the Torah specifies that dead bodies are unclean and they have to be buried before the next sunset. In those days, bodies were usually interred above the ground in a cave or something and sealed in with stones, so it would be a lot quicker than digging a pit. Also that would have been in loose, sandy soil which could be dug up again by wild animals. The people who tended the dead would also be considered unclean for a period of time afterwards.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 12:14

The reason I ask is because years ago I went out with a U.K. born Muslim whose Mother died and she had to be buried within 24 hours facing Mecca.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 12:20

Panda wrote:The reason I ask is because years ago I went out with a U.K. born Muslim whose Mother died and she had to be buried within 24 hours facing Mecca.

Yes, Jewish graves face towards Jerusalem.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 12:27

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:The reason I ask is because years ago I went out with a U.K. born Muslim whose Mother died and she had to be buried within 24 hours facing Mecca.

Yes, Jewish graves face towards Jerusalem.

No disrespects to any religion but I often wondered how anyone could determine where Mecca was from our local Cemetary Amy winehouse - Page 3 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 24 Jul - 12:35

Panda wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:
Panda wrote:

Thanks , Iv"e bought a lot of Films ( wait until they sell for £2.99...Iv"e ordered that film with Brad Pitt, "Benjamin Button", and Grease, Dejavu ,
no postage charge, can"t go wrong.!!!!!

Will let you know what I think of Amy"s CD. Amy winehouse - Page 3 Icon_flower

I didn't realise you got free p&p. Thanks for the info. Shall go and have a look.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 12:36

Jewish people have their own cemeteries and all the graves face the same way, so I guess we just assume that whoever put the first grave in did it right Amy winehouse - Page 3 25346 I suppose they use a compass or something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 12:55

Iris wrote:Jewish people have their own cemeteries and all the graves face the same way, so I guess we just assume that whoever put the first grave in did it right Amy winehouse - Page 3 25346 I suppose they use a compass or something.

Our Main Cemetary is huge and has sections for all Religions, I suppose when it was opened there were not that many Foreigners so they gave them seperate parts of the Cemetary. Sad, don"t you think that races and religions should be seperated....even in death.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 13:06

I suppose it is what the families want, Panda. In our local cemetery there is a massive section where all the Italian families are buried together, all with huge headstones, always black marble and gold letters, some of them have these wee pictures of the deceased person on too. There are always huge floral tributes there as well, and on Sunday afternoons the place is mobbed with relatives paying their respects.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 13:23

Iris wrote:I suppose it is what the families want, Panda. In our local cemetery there is a massive section where all the Italian families are buried together, all with huge headstones, always black marble and gold letters, some of them have these wee pictures of the deceased person on too. There are always huge floral tributes there as well, and on Sunday afternoons the place is mobbed with relatives paying their respects.

I know, it"s the same here. Personally , I have made arrangement to donate my body to the University Hospital, there are two conditions on which they
will not accept it, if I die more than 50 miles from where I live and If I die in an accident resulting in multiple Bone damage.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 24 Jul - 14:37

Iris wrote:I suppose it is what the families want, Panda. In our local cemetery there is a massive section where all the Italian families are buried together, all with huge headstones, always black marble and gold letters, some of them have these wee pictures of the deceased person on too. There are always huge floral tributes there as well, and on Sunday afternoons the place is mobbed with relatives paying their respects.

That's how the majority of cemeteries are here in Portugal too. And most burials happen in 24 hours. Not religion related. Just a cultural thing. That period can be extended, of course, if the death is unexpected or suspicious. The first time I heard that in some places it takes one or two weeks to bury people I was horrified.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sun 24 Jul - 14:50

Poor, poor girl.

The sordid details of Amy Winehouse's final hours emerged today, with claims that she bought a cocktail of narcotics including cocaine, ecstasy and ketamine.
Although the exact cause of death has not yet been released by police, Sunday tabloids have claimed she was seen buying drugs from a dealer in Camden just after 10:30pm on Friday.
A source told The People that she was seen buying substances, believed to be cocaine, heroin, ecstasy and ketamine leading up to the hours before her death.
She is also thought to have been drinking heavily, which may have been the trigger of a lethal concoction of drugs and alcohol.
The source told the newspaper: 'Amy seemed determined to have a big one on Friday night.
'She was out in Camden on Friday evening, but seemed determined to carry on the party back at her flat.
'None of us know who was with her into the early hours of Saturday. But getting out of it was clearly her main priority of the night.'
Another source from one Camden pub told the tabloid that they had also seen Amy buying cocaine from a well known dealer in the area.
Meanwhile, friends of the star told the Sunday Mirror that they believe she died from a 'bad' ecstasy pill mixed with a large amount of alcohol.
Winehouse also suffered from emphysema, which is a disease of the lungs that causes shortness of breath.
One friend told the newspaper: 'It was an ecstasy overdose. She could do cocaine until the cows come home. But this was obviously a dodgy pill.'
A post-mortem is being carried out today to reveal the exact cause of death.

But the troubled singer was found dead yesterday - of a suspected drug overdose at her London home.

The 27-year-old star, who had fought a long and well-publicised battle with drink and drug addiction, was pronounced dead after police were called to her £2.5 million three-storey home in North London.
After word spread of her tragic death, fans and her friends paid tribute to the singer by creating a shrine outside her home.

Pictures of Amy, alcohol, cigarettes, a guitar, flowers, candles and letters were laid outside her North London flat in her memory.
Never forgotten: A fan lays another bunch of flowers down in front of Amy's flat in Camden, alongside a picture of her with a note saying RIP Never Forgotten

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018126/Amy-Winehouse-bought-ecstasy-cocaine-ketamine-tragic-death.html#ixzz1T1wyuri0
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 15:14

Thanks ann_chovey, I saw all the flowers and cards around the trunk of a Tree opposite her Flat. What a concoction to take it"s almost like she had a death wish. There are photos of her on sky News and when she had to abandon the Tour at Belgrade because she ould hardly stand she was as thin as
a rake . It seems no one could save her poor tormented soul.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 24 Jul - 15:18

If any good has come out of it, my girl just said to me, Mum, I am never ever going to touch drugs, even to try them.

Poor Amy. xxx

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sun 24 Jul - 15:33

Iris wrote:If any good has come out of it, my girl just said to me, Mum, I am never ever going to touch drugs, even to try them.

Poor Amy. xxx

My daughter is a year older than Amy and thankfully has never gone down that route, hardly drinks, doesn't smoke and seeing the state Amy was in recently, for that I'm truly thankful. there are so many unscrupulous folk, especially in the entertainment business I'm sure who get artistes hooked, just so they can keep touring from one date to the next.

your daughter sounds sensible Iris, good luck to her.
ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 16:00

The Police are not saying who made the call because she was dead when they arrived . If it was that B*****d of a Husband He wants hanging , to see
the state she was in yet let her take that concoction of drugs knowing how frail she was.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sun 24 Jul - 18:03

Panda wrote:The Police are not saying who made the call because she was dead when they arrived . If it was that B*****d of a Husband He wants hanging , to see
the state she was in yet let her take that concoction of drugs knowing how frail she was.

He's in prison at the moment. His mother has given a statement that she wants him to be put on suicide watch in prison after the news of Amy's death. While I feel deep sorrow for Amy, I have little sympathy for him.

Last edited by dazedandconfused on Sun 24 Jul - 18:27; edited 1 time in total
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelK08 Sun 24 Jul - 18:19

So sad. RIP Amy xx
AngelK08
AngelK08

Number of posts : 23
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 24 Jul - 18:21

Hi dazedand confused,

The Police MUST have received a call , either from Amy seeking help or the Person who was with her phoning and then doing a disappearing act.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Amy winehouse - Page 3 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sun 24 Jul - 19:00

It is being reported her body guard found her .
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 24 Jul - 19:15

halfamo wrote:It is being reported her body guard found her .

Jeez! How sad is that! She was probably surrounded by people but always felt lonely. IYKWIM?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 26 Jul - 6:50

Family And Friends To Say Goodbye To Amy

6:06am UK, Tuesday July 26, 2011

Amy Winehouse's funeral is to take place later today attended by her family
and close friends - as her cause of death remains unknown.

A post-mortem on her body has been carried out after the Back To Black singer was found dead in her London
home on Saturday.

However it is still unclear how she lost her life and police are now awaiting
the results of further toxicology tests, which are expected to take two to four
weeks.

It comes as an inquest was opened and adjourned but no cause of death was
given.

The circumstances around the 27-year-old's passing were
described as "non-suspicious" by the coroner's officer, and the inquest was
adjourned until October 26.

Amy winehouse - Page 3 16037391
Flowers, pictures and messages are left in tribute to Amy
Winehouse

A spokesman for the star's family said: "The funeral will take place on
Tuesday and will be a family and close friends affair."

He would not reveal details about the location or time of the funeral, which
Jewish law states has to take place as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Winehouse's parents made an emotional visit to see the tributes
left outside her home in Camden, north London.

Amy winehouse - Page 3 16037205
Mitch Winehouse looks at floral tributes for Amy

Mitch and Janis Winehouse sobbed as they looked at the flowers, candles,
cuddly toys and even cigarette boxes and alcoholic drinks left at the edge of
police cordons surrounding the singer's house.

Mr Winehouse told a crowd gathered outside that they were "devastated",
adding: "You people in the street, I can't tell you what this means to us - it
really is making this a lot easier for us.

"Amy was about one thing and that was love, her whole life was devoted to her
family and her friends and to you guys as well.

"We're devastated and I'm speechless but thanks for coming."

Amy winehouse - Page 3 16036484
Music
Greats Dead At 27
Amy winehouse - Page 3 Chv_14_red

Amy Winehouse's death at the age of 27 sees
her join a line-up of music artists who died tragically young at the same age,
known as Club 27 or Forever 27

Paramedics were called to the soul star's house in Camden Square on Saturday
afternoon but she was said to be "beyond help" and pronounced dead at the
scene.

The singer battled drink and drug problems throughout her career and there
have been suggestions one or the other could be related to her death.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next