Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Mon 15 Aug - 7:11

y Catherine Jacob, Sky News
Perhaps
it was the greyness of the skies over Salford, but David Cameron
definitely looked less than sparkling when he arrived this lunchtime to
meet firefighters and police officers involved in Tuesday's violence.
Little
wonder after the events of the last few days and the anger that's
flared within the police service at the PM's criticism of their tactics
in the Commons yesterday.
Cynical journalists on the ground
wondered if that's why Number 10 chose the fire station, rather than the
police HQ, for the Manchester visit today?
I asked some of the
officers afterwards what they made of the row, triggered by Sir Hugh
Orde's angry comments. They said they hadn't had the chance to read them
as they'd been on shift all night and had only just got up after a few
hours’ sleep.
The whole visit was scrupulously stage-managed, though I was allowed to ask two questions on behalf of national broadcasters.
How
would the Prime Minister respond to Sir Hugh Orde's angry comments over
his criticism of police tactics, I asked. See Mr Cameron's answer on
Sky News through the afternoon.


_________________________________________-



I think he is reactive, not proactive and devoid of any real Leadership qualities . His reputation has taken a knock over the Coulson affair, his
relationship with Murdoch and now he is blaming the Police!!!! An ex Detective interviewed this morning says the upper echelons of the Police are
so eager to obtain promotion they cosy up to Government at the expense of morale in the Force. The recent revelation in the NOTW investigation
that Police Officers were taking bribes doesn"t help , but it was noticeable that Cameron did not condemn this nor the hacking.
























Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Angelique on Tue 16 Aug - 2:57

I think he is in a difficult position.

First he has to get permission from Brussels on what laws he can institute to deal with the fallout from the riots.

Then he has to clear it with Murdoch!

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Tue 16 Aug - 3:47

Angelique... I think he will distance himself from Murdoch, but he didn"t catch the next Plane home from Tuscany did he, Press reporting did that. Also, with the latest death of a Soldier in Afghanistan he should realise that sending our Soldiers into an unwinnable invasion ,plus the cost at a time when cuts in most Government Depts are causing huge problems, that an immediate decision to withdraw the Troops would show Leadership qualities.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Tue 16 Aug - 17:11

He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Tue 16 Aug - 17:30

halfamo wrote:He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

Actually, halfamo, his judgement employing Coulson and big mates with Murdoch shows a lack of judgement , his speech about the riots full of platitudes ,
I have a feeling he will not even last 4 years.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Wed 17 Aug - 7:31

PM Under More Pressure Over Hiring Coulson









6:20am UK, Wednesday August 17, 2011

The Prime Minister is under renewed pressure to explain his decision to hire
Andy Coulson after new allegations emerged over the phone hacking scandal.











The increased pressure comes after the Culture, Media and Sport (CMS) select
committee published a letter by the paper's former royal editor in 2007 claiming
hacking was "widely discussed" by journalists in editorial conferences.

It is likely that the chairman of News International James Murdoch will be
recalled to give evidence to the committee as a result of the claim.

Mr Murdoch gave evidence to the CMS committee in July, and told MPs he was "not aware" of an email suggesting phone hacking
was not limited to one reporter at the NOTW.


The document suggests the issue frequently came up at the paper's editorial
meetings until any further mention of the subject was banned.



Names of other journalists were blacked out in the
letter



The letter was written by ex-royal editor Clive Goodman who was jailed in
January 2007 along with private investigator Glenn Mulcaire for hacking royal
aides' phones.

Goodman penned the document in March of that year as he appealed against his
dismissal from the News Of The World (NOTW).

Labour MP Tom Watson described the latest claims as "devastating" and said
they suggested previous evidence given by Mr Coulson to the committee was "at
best misleading and probably deceptive".



james murdoch committee evidence: July 19, 2011










Despite resigning as the NOTW's editor in 2007, Mr Coulson has consistently
maintained he had been unaware of the practice, claiming it was confined to one
"rogue" reporter, Goodman.

The disclosure is potentially highly embarrassing for David Cameron who made
Mr Coulson his director of communications after he quit the NOTW.

Mr Cameron has said he will make a "profound apology" if
it turns out the former editor - who has already been questioned by police -
lied to him about his involvement when he gave him the job.



Colin Myler holding the last ever issue of the NOTW



Labour leader Ed Miliband said the latest evidence showed
what a "catastrophic" judgment it had been for Mr Cameron to take his spin chief
with him into Downing Street. Mr Coulson resigned last January.

A Downing Street spokesman said it would be "inappropriate" to comment,
adding: "The Prime Minister has made his thoughts on Andy Coulson clear."

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Wed 17 Aug - 14:16

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

Actually, halfamo, his judgement employing Coulson and big mates with Murdoch shows a lack of judgement , his speech about the riots full of platitudes ,
I have a feeling he will not even last 4 years.

I agree panda he has shown a complete lack of judgement . and i honestly believe he is a weak man but he is also good at spin and thats why he will survive as long as people are taken in .I never have been he has always seemed superficial to me and got to agree about his commons speech.Its fine to make statements if there is some substance to them not just saying what you think people want to hear .

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Wed 17 Aug - 16:13

halfamo wrote:
Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

Actually, halfamo, his judgement employing Coulson and big mates with Murdoch shows a lack of judgement , his speech about the riots full of platitudes ,
I have a feeling he will not even last 4 years.

I agree panda he has shown a complete lack of judgement . and i honestly believe he is a weak man but he is also good at spin and thats why he will survive as long as people are taken in .I never have been he has always seemed superficial to me and got to agree about his commons speech.Its fine to make statements if there is some substance to them not just saying what you think people want to hear .


He only Governs because of the LibDems and the rank and file of LD are losing faith in Nick Clegg so I wouldn"t be at all surprised if something happens
which makes the Lib Dems withdraw their support and a General Election is called. Who is the lesser of two evils, Cameron or Miliband.......

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  buildersbum on Wed 17 Aug - 18:47

Panda, Ive always been Conservative, the day Cameron went all wishy washy about Andy Caulson instead off taking the bull by the horns, answered everything I needed to know about Cameron........a yellow belly, and he isnt ever going to get my vote again, even though he will not be needing it, as he will be out very soon.

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Angelina on Wed 17 Aug - 18:59

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:
Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

Actually, halfamo, his judgement employing Coulson and big mates with Murdoch shows a lack of judgement , his speech about the riots full of platitudes ,
I have a feeling he will not even last 4 years.

I agree panda he has shown a complete lack of judgement . and i honestly believe he is a weak man but he is also good at spin and thats why he will survive as long as people are taken in .I never have been he has always seemed superficial to me and got to agree about his commons speech.Its fine to make statements if there is some substance to them not just saying what you think people want to hear .


He only Governs because of the LibDems and the rank and file of LD are losing faith in Nick Clegg so I wouldn"t be at all surprised if something happens
which makes the Lib Dems withdraw their support and a General Election is called. Who is the lesser of two evils, Cameron or Miliband.......

That's it....we're doomed

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  buildersbum on Wed 17 Aug - 19:35

Cameron says....
he will make a "profound apology" if it turns out the former editor - who has already been questioned by police -
lied to him about his involvement when he gave him the job.

Now Downing Street say....

A Downing Street spokesman said it would be "inappropriate" to comment,
adding: "The Prime Minister has made his thoughts on Andy Coulson clear."

Says it all doesn't it...... I remember when Cameron was first questioned about this, the look of arrogance on his face said "F**** off I'm never going to go angainst my mate Andy" and trust me he aint.
You no that old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer, well I watch your back Dave

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Wed 17 Aug - 19:37

buildersbum wrote: Panda, Ive always been Conservative, the day Cameron went all wishy washy about Andy Caulson instead off taking the bull by the horns, answered everything I needed to know about Cameron........a yellow belly, and he isnt ever going to get my vote again, even though he will not be needing it, as he will be out very soon.
Buildersbum. Cameron was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth. On the News just now Prince Charles and Camilla were visiting areas devastated by the riots and talking to youngsters,Cameron had to be
hauled back from Tuscany and hasn"t set foot outside Parliament. He really showed a dreadful lack of judgement employing Coulson and letting
Murdoch do all the dirty work to get him elected PM.. A few weeks ago, it was revealed that John Major was the only one who ever refused "help" from
Murdoch and was savaged in the Sun as a result.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Wed 17 Aug - 19:45

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:
Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:He's an ex PR man and a good one i've heard but it all depends if people go on believing his PR spiel .

Actually, halfamo, his judgement employing Coulson and big mates with Murdoch shows a lack of judgement , his speech about the riots full of platitudes ,
I have a feeling he will not even last 4 years.

I agree panda he has shown a complete lack of judgement . and i honestly believe he is a weak man but he is also good at spin and thats why he will survive as long as people are taken in .I never have been he has always seemed superficial to me and got to agree about his commons speech.Its fine to make statements if there is some substance to them not just saying what you think people want to hear .


He only Governs because of the LibDems and the rank and file of LD are losing faith in Nick Clegg so I wouldn"t be at all surprised if something happens
which makes the Lib Dems withdraw their support and a General Election is called. Who is the lesser of two evils, Cameron or Miliband.......

That's it....we're doomed

Britain has one of the worst voting records choosing a Prime Minister, I remember when I was young Canvassers came knowcking on the Door, today they shove a leaflet through your letterbox. Voters are disenchanted with Politicians , notice that when so many people are losing their jobs, no
attempt by Parliament to reduce their expenses , yet just when we need them most, Police Force will be reduced.!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Thu 18 Aug - 14:09

I am a Labour voter always have been always will be , although i was a bit disenchanted with them towards the end of their 13yrs . The one grouch among many was Gordon Brown becoming leader .I can see their faults which are many but to me the lesser of two evils.At the moment we have a ex PR guy for PM and a chancellor with a 2.2 in history.The cuts being applied at the moment are nothing to do with economics they are an ideology. Two ex Eton boys can in no way understand the working man its not possible.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Panda on Thu 18 Aug - 14:25

halfamo wrote:I am a Labour voter always have been always will be , although i was a bit disenchanted with them towards the end of their 13yrs . The one grouch among many was Gordon Brown becoming leader .I can see their faults which are many but to me the lesser of two evils.At the moment we have a ex PR guy for PM and a chancellor with a 2.2 in history.The cuts being applied at the moment are nothing to do with economics they are an ideology. Two ex Eton boys can in no way understand the working man its not possible.

Yes, I agree, Cameron et al have never known poverty on any scale and is completely disengaged from the working Class. I was very Political when I
was younger joined the CND and was an activist although I never ended up on Greenham Common changed to the Railings. It is reckoned that
Attlee was the best Prime Minister this Century, but Tony Blair and his NEW LABOUR destroyed the moral fibre of Politicians , I just don"t know what
it will take to bring pride back into being British.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

as above

Post  halfamo on Thu 18 Aug - 14:49

Panda wrote:
halfamo wrote:I am a Labour voter always have been always will be , although i was a bit disenchanted with them towards the end of their 13yrs . The one grouch among many was Gordon Brown becoming leader .I can see their faults which are many but to me the lesser of two evils.At the moment we have a ex PR guy for PM and a chancellor with a 2.2 in history.The cuts being applied at the moment are nothing to do with economics they are an ideology. Two ex Eton boys can in no way understand the working man its not possible.

Yes, I agree, Cameron et al have never known poverty on any scale and is completely disengaged from the working Class. I was very Political when I
was younger joined the CND and was an activist although I never ended up on Greenham Common changed to the Railings. It is reckoned that
Attlee was the best Prime Minister this Century, but Tony Blair and his NEW LABOUR destroyed the moral fibre of Politicians , I just don"t know what
it will take to bring pride back into being British.

Blair was just too glib too obssessed with image , we need someone with some substance someone who can to a point relate to the man on the street, i'm glad David Milliband did'nt get the Labour leadership he was a Blairite through and through , lets see what baby brother can do i'm not happy with him but am giving him the benifit of the doubt at the moment , you were a bit of a rebel panda good for you.

halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Age : 70
Location : west Midlands UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Cameron prove a Leader or Follower?

Post  Sponsored content Today at 14:30


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum