Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Chris on Tue 6 Sep - 13:37

Wallflower wrote:But if they weren't hacked, why weren't they hacked? That in itself is strange. IMO.


Everyone else from Sara Payne to Steve Coogan to Sky presenters was being hacked. Anyone that the public had the slightest bit of interest in - and we all know how good the McCann family have been for newspaper sales, don't we?


Not necessarily strange. Mulcaire and Goodman were arrested in 2006 and jailed in early 2007. Given that phone hacking was demonstrably illegal by those prosecutions (there was I believe originally some ambiguity in the relevant Act depending whether interception was before or after messages were listened to) there has as yet been no evidence that the practice continued beyond early 2007. It would have been a bold journalist that continued to hack or seek hacking after two had already been jailed.
avatar
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  margaret on Tue 6 Sep - 13:43

Carolina wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Sky just said its not just phone hacking victims but also those who have been unfairly treated by the Press who will be core participants and the latter includes the McCanns. They and their legal team will get the opportunity to cross examine everyone including other witnesses.

They just might regret this.

Agreed! The panel will not be a pushover, Tom Watson and Louise Mensch have had masses of tweets directed to them about the McCanns. I predict we'll see another sh*t eating grin from Gerry like when Paxman told Gerry 'but you've courted the press when it suited you'

avatar
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Sunflower27 on Tue 6 Sep - 14:36

quickfingers wrote:There is something in The Times about them bringing in lawyers too http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/ I am not a subscriber so can't read the article. Maybe someone else here is?

I'd be surprised if they haven't permanently moved lawyers into their home.

They are so ridiculous. Take away the legal team and watch the a-holes squirm. They are so predictable
avatar
Sunflower27
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Age : 45
Location : Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Angelique on Tue 6 Sep - 15:00

I can't think why the McCanns would want to rake over the media reporting - for which they have already received compensation payments. Unless they think there may be some more money forthcoming perhaps.

margaret

Thanks for putting up that snippet of the interview with Paxman. I think the reason he slips up (Gerry that is) so many times is that these answers he gives are rehearsed and he jumbles the words round. He so reminds me of someone I used to work with - leaves a nasty taste in my mouth to think about it too!
avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  pennylane on Tue 6 Sep - 15:02

The gruesome twosome were forewarned and forearmed by the pink sphincter re their phones possibly being hacked way back in early 2007. So paranoid were they about any type of bugging, that they chose to go jogging - even though it made them look dodgier than ever (imo). I don't reckon they would have dared to communicate anything incriminating over the phone from around that point onwards to this day.

Probably they only communicated stuff they WANTED hacked!


jmo
avatar
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  quickfingers on Tue 6 Sep - 15:04

Robert Murat was also mentioned on Sky as possibly taking part.
avatar
quickfingers
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 660
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  chrissie on Tue 6 Sep - 15:12

Just read this on another forum:

The Sky news political correspondent Joey Jones has just said on Sky news that he doesn't understand why the McCanns have asked to be part of the Leveson enquiry as he's unsure what they can add to it. He said they've already spoken extensively about press intrusion and that Kate recently published her book. (thanks to Shubob)
avatar
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Age : 56
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  cass on Tue 6 Sep - 15:12

quickfingers wrote:Robert Murat was also mentioned on Sky as possibly taking part.
bloody hell i bet lori cambell and the tapas crew are bricking it , wonder if its immodium all round , now bezzie buddies gez n kate have opened a can of worms
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  cass on Tue 6 Sep - 15:15

chrissie wrote:Just read this on another forum:

The Sky news political correspondent Joey Jones has just said on Sky news that he doesn't understand why the McCanns have asked to be part of the Leveson enquiry as he's unsure what they can add to it. He said they've already spoken extensively about press intrusion and that Kate recently published her book. (thanks to Shubob)
oh dear the mcanns wont like this
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  chrissie on Tue 6 Sep - 15:22

cass wrote:
quickfingers wrote:Robert Murat was also mentioned on Sky as possibly taking part.
bloody hell i bet lori cambell and the tapas crew are bricking it , wonder if its immodium all round , now bezzie buddies gez n kate have opened a can of worms

I agree. I am find this very interesting.
avatar
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Age : 56
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Chris on Tue 6 Sep - 15:33

chrissie wrote:Just read this on another forum:

The Sky news political correspondent Joey Jones has just said on Sky news that he doesn't understand why the McCanns have asked to be part of the Leveson enquiry as he's unsure what they can add to it. He said they've already spoken extensively about press intrusion and that Kate recently published her book. (thanks to Shubob)



That's rather hurtful and unhelpful of him!
avatar
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Angelique on Tue 6 Sep - 15:45

Chris wrote:
chrissie wrote:Just read this on another forum:

The Sky news political correspondent Joey Jones has just said on Sky news that he doesn't understand why the McCanns have asked to be part of the Leveson enquiry as he's unsure what they can add to it. He said they've already spoken extensively about press intrusion and that Kate recently published her book. (thanks to Shubob)



That's rather hurtful and unhelpful of him!

Yes not your usual Sky response. Wonder why they are playing "cool" now. Do I detect a slight change of opinion.

avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  malena stool on Tue 6 Sep - 15:53

It surely can't be about their phone being hacked... I seem to remember Mitchell stating he doubted that their phone had been hacked but believed his may have...
avatar
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13662
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Keela on Tue 6 Sep - 15:54

Do you think that they scour the papers to find out where the next event is taking place and then go and join it?
avatar
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2344
Age : 64
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  malena stool on Tue 6 Sep - 15:55

Keela wrote:Do you think that they scour the papers to find out where the next event is taking place and then go and join it?
A Tapas reunion in Wormwood Scrubs perhaps...
avatar
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13662
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  wjk on Tue 6 Sep - 16:07

malena stool wrote:It surely can't be about their phone being hacked... I seem to remember Mitchell stating he doubted that their phone had been hacked but believed his may have...

Forgive me but I'm just not getting this? (Again! ) If they HAD been hacked and the hacking showed them in a not too good light, why would they want to bring attention to this by appearing in front of the panel?
Like you say, malena, it can't be about phone hacking, surely?
avatar
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7813
Age : 52
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Chris on Tue 6 Sep - 16:17

wjk wrote:
malena stool wrote:It surely can't be about their phone being hacked... I seem to remember Mitchell stating he doubted that their phone had been hacked but believed his may have...

Forgive me but I'm just not getting this? (Again! ) If they HAD been hacked and the hacking showed them in a not too good light, why would they want to bring attention to this by appearing in front of the panel?
Like you say, malena, it can't be about phone hacking, surely?


It's about publicity - like it has been these past four years.
avatar
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  malena stool on Tue 6 Sep - 16:22

wjk wrote:
malena stool wrote:It surely can't be about their phone being hacked... I seem to remember Mitchell stating he doubted that their phone had been hacked but believed his may have...

Forgive me but I'm just not getting this? (Again! ) If they HAD been hacked and the hacking showed them in a not too good light, why would they want to bring attention to this by appearing in front of the panel?
Like you say, malena, it can't be about phone hacking, surely?
No, wjk, as previous posters have stated ....a fishing trip to see if they can put their hands on any new info, or as Chris posted they're likely to be feeding on the publicity. My guess is that they have been living on their nerves...(and the loo) since this hacking scandal came to light and want to get at those files.
avatar
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13662
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 6 Sep - 17:17

What evidence are they going to give for an enquiry into phone hacking? We are such big celebs, our phones must have been hacked and if they weren't, why not?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18629
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Chris on Tue 6 Sep - 17:24

AnnaEsse wrote:What evidence are they going to give for an enquiry into phone hacking? We are such big celebs, our phones must have been hacked and if they weren't, why not?


Leveson's brief is much wider than just phone hacking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/sep/05/leveson-inquiry-terms-of-reference
avatar
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  AnnaEsse on Tue 6 Sep - 17:48

Chris wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:What evidence are they going to give for an enquiry into phone hacking? We are such big celebs, our phones must have been hacked and if they weren't, why not?


Leveson's brief is much wider than just phone hacking.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/sep/05/leveson-inquiry-terms-of-reference

Thanks Chris.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)
avatar
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18629
Age : 106
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  wjk on Tue 6 Sep - 18:16

thanks for your replies, Chris & malena.
avatar
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7813
Age : 52
Location : Manchester
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  buildersbum on Tue 6 Sep - 18:33

margaret wrote:Well if they wish to jump on this rickety bandwagon l suggest they offer some irrefutable evidence that they were hacked in the first place.

Because no-one but the McCanns has yet said they were involved.

(Thanks quickfingers)

Here we go more smoke and mirrors, they have never said they were hacked,(Mitchell made out he had!) but seeing them in that que, makes the public think "the McCanns" must have been hacked imo
Why the hell can't these two just F*%k off and get on with their lives, ffs what do they do every night plan what bandwagon they can jump on next to keep their sorry arses out of

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  margaret on Tue 6 Sep - 18:47

Keela wrote:Do you think that they scour the papers to find out where the next event is taking place and then go and join it?

Well it's Halloween and bonfire night soon, l can think of a few scary faces and a couple of guys for a bonfire...
avatar
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  buildersbum on Tue 6 Sep - 18:57

Carolina wrote:The McCanns are probably desperate to find out what the police have on them in relation to the phone hacking by NOTW and they must believe that if they are to give evidence they will be able to see the files.

Imo if its true that NI/NOTW were telling their papers to leave the McCanns alone, and that Murdoch was "helping" the McCanns, WHY would they jump on the bandwagon and try and stick the knife in to the Murdochs NI, this just dosen't sit right with me.

Wonder if James and Rupert know what the two child neglecting are upto

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann's Parents Queuing up to Give Evidence at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum