Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Annabel on Wed 14 Sep - 15:18

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271266/McCanns-take-part-in-hacking-probe

MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE



The parents of Madeleine McCann have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inqui

Wednesday September 14,2011



The parents of Madeleine McCann, actor Hugh Grant, and Harry Potter creator JK Rowling have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inquiry into the phone-hacking scandal.

They are among a group of participants who will be represented by a barrister and have the right to seek to cross-examine witnesses and make opening and closing statements.

The group also includes Formula 1 boss Max Mosley; Chris Jefferies, the former landlord of alleged murder victim Jo Yeates; ex-England footballer Paul Gascoigne; and Bob and Sally Dowler, the parents of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Core participant status was granted by Lord Justice Leveson who will preside over the inquiry, the first part of which will look at the culture, ethics and practices of the press and its relationship with the police and politicians.
avatar
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  cass on Wed 14 Sep - 15:33

well i tell you what someones going to get their fingers burned thats for sure , sure keep on slating all the good pll that have been good and protected you and the worm will turn imo
avatar
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  malena stool on Wed 14 Sep - 15:47

Annabel wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271266/McCanns-take-part-in-hacking-probe

MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE



The parents of Madeleine McCann have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inqui

Wednesday September 14,2011



The parents of Madeleine McCann, actor Hugh Grant, and Harry Potter creator JK Rowling have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inquiry into the phone-hacking scandal.

They are among a group of participants who will be represented by a barrister and have the right to seek to cross-examine witnesses and make opening and closing statements.

The group also includes Formula 1 boss Max Mosley; Chris Jefferies, the former landlord of alleged murder victim Jo Yeates; ex-England footballer Paul Gascoigne; and Bob and Sally Dowler, the parents of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Core participant status was granted by Lord Justice Leveson who will preside over the inquiry, the first part of which will look at the culture, ethics and practices of the press and its relationship with the police and politicians.

Thanks Annabel...it's just appeared on AOL also.
http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/story/mccanns-take-part-in-hacking-probe/1924650/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%7C77742

Their appearance with core participant status and the right to cross examine witnesses through their barrister, cheapens any replies.... Given Kate's refusal to answer the questions posed by the Portuguese police.

avatar
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13644
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  fedrules on Wed 14 Sep - 16:31

Check out this story on Guardian website. The McCanns are named at the end of a list of murder victims' parents and are immediately followed by the notorious Harold Shipman ;). Is the Guardian sending out a cryptic message ??
avatar
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  fedrules on Wed 14 Sep - 16:37


Leveson inquiry
Leveson phone-hacking inquiry: JK Rowling among 'core participants'Judge names figures who will be able to give evidence to investigation into phone hacking and media ethics and practices



reddit this Lisa O'Carroll guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 14 September 2011 13.13 BST Article history
Leveson phone-hacking inquiry: JK Rowling is among the 46 initial 'core participants'. Photograph: Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
Harry Potter author JK Rowling, who famously guards her privacy, is one of a number of prominent public figures expected to give evidence to Lord Justice Leveson's judicial inquiry into phone hacking and media ethics and practices.


Rowling is one of 46 celebrities, politicians, sportsmen, other public figures, and members of the public who believe they have been the victims of media intrusion granted "core participant" status in the inquiry by Leveson on Wednesday.


This will mean Rowling and other core participants can give evidence personally, or via a lawyer, on her experience of alleged media intrusion to the inquiry, which begins in October at London's Royal Courts of Justice.


The Harry Potter author has previously expressed her displeasure with the press. In May 2008, she won a legal battle to secure the privacy of her children after photographs were published in the Sunday Express of her young son as he was wheeled down an Edinburgh street in a push-chair.


Others on the list including Anne Diamond's former husband, Mike Hollingsworth; former nurse turned model and TV presenter Abi Titmus; Sheryl Gascoigne; and Mark Oaten, the former MP who had to pull out of the Liberal Democrat leadership race after tabloid revelations about his sex life.


The parents of murder victim Diane Watson also in Leveson's initial core participants list, along with the parents and sister of teenage murder victim Milly Dowler, and the parents of Madeleine McCann. The son of mass murderer Harold Shipman is also on the list.


Christopher Jefferies, arrested on suspicion of murdering Joanna Yeates in December but released without charge, has also been granted core participant status. He subsequently sued several newspapers successfully for libel.


Several celebrities who have allegedly had their phones hacked, including Hugh Grant, Sienna Miller and Calum Best, are among the 46 named on Leveson's list of core participants.


MPs Chris Bryant, Tessa Jowell, Denis MacShane, Simon Hughes, and former Labour deputy leader Lord Prescott also feature, along with a smattering of sports stars including jockey Kieron Fallon and former Premiership footballer Gary Flitcroft.


Rebekah Brooks, former News International chief executive and editor of the News of the World and the Sun, has been denied her application to become a core participant as she no longer works for the Murdoch company, but she will be able to give evidence as a witness. She has appointed a lawyer to act on her behalf who will under the rules of the inquiry will be allowed to apply to ask questions.


Jonathan Rees, a private investigator who was at one stage employed by the News of the World, also applied to be a core participant, arguing that there "might be significant criticism of him".


However, Rees was also denied the status of core participant on the grounds that he was not of significant enough interest to the first module of the inquiry. This will focus on the relationship between the press and the public and extends not merely to the allegations of phone hacking but also to other potentially illegal or unethical behaviour.


News International, owner of the paper at the centre of the phone-hacking scandal, the now defunct News of the World, the Sunday Times, the Times and the Sun, has been given core participant status as expected, as has Guardian News & Media, the owner of the Guardian, which has published a series of revelations on phone hacking over the past two years.


Daily Mail publisher Associated Newspapers and Richard Desmond's Northern & Shell, owner of the Daily Express, the Sunday Express and the Daily Star, will also be core participants.



English PEN, a writers' freedom association, and Index on Censorship were also denied core participant status.


Barrister David Sherborne, who is representing a group of victims suing the News of the World alleged phone hacking, including Hugh Grant and Jemima Khan, had applied to represent 14 people who either believe their voicemail was intercepted or claimed to have their privacy invaded by the press.


However, Leveson said he was not prepared to give core participant status to those who could not be named.'


Leveson has also decided the Metropolitan police can be a core participant


Last edited by fedrules on Wed 14 Sep - 16:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in posting)
avatar
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Angelique on Wed 14 Sep - 16:43

Annabel

Thank you for bringing this article.

fedrules.

It is odd that they have been included in a list of "murders". I just wonder, being totally ignorant about this sort of Inquiry, just what questions they could possibly ask or what answers they would think useful.
avatar
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  tanszi on Wed 14 Sep - 18:36

it will probably be how they were maligned in the press leading to the £500,000 contribution to the fund.
avatar
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3109
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Dimsie on Wed 14 Sep - 21:12

malena stool wrote:
Annabel wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/271266/McCanns-take-part-in-hacking-probe

MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE



The parents of Madeleine McCann have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inqui

Wednesday September 14,2011



The parents of Madeleine McCann, actor Hugh Grant, and Harry Potter creator JK Rowling have been named as core participants in the first stage of the inquiry into the phone-hacking scandal.

They are among a group of participants who will be represented by a barrister and have the right to seek to cross-examine witnesses and make opening and closing statements.

The group also includes Formula 1 boss Max Mosley; Chris Jefferies, the former landlord of alleged murder victim Jo Yeates; ex-England footballer Paul Gascoigne; and Bob and Sally Dowler, the parents of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Core participant status was granted by Lord Justice Leveson who will preside over the inquiry, the first part of which will look at the culture, ethics and practices of the press and its relationship with the police and politicians.

Thanks Annabel...it's just appeared on AOL also.
http://news.aol.co.uk/main-news/story/mccanns-take-part-in-hacking-probe/1924650/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk1%7C77742

Their appearance with core participant status and the right to cross examine witnesses through their barrister, cheapens any replies.... Given Kate's refusal to answer the questions posed by the Portuguese police.

I would SO love to see Kate McCann cross examine a witness (even if through a barrister) and the witness refuse to answer! That would show the sheer idiocy and hypocrisy of the whole ridiculous charade of including the McCanns in this inquiry. Makes a complete mockery of the whole thing, really.
avatar
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Guest on Wed 14 Sep - 21:28

A "Hacking Probe" sounds vaguely medical. And painful.

Anyway, how can their phones have been hacked when Saint Clarence, Patron Saint of Convicts, says they didn't have any?

Anyway, I know where His Pinkness is hiding out nowadays.

http://wonders.posterous.com/the-hotel-name-says-it-all-really-wonders
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Panda on Wed 14 Sep - 21:52

First of all Clarence says he thinks his phone has been hacked, then that the McCanns might also have had their phones hacked . Then he thinks it might it might not have happened. I read a few days ago that the Judge could not accept the McCanns evidence because of the Review ,looking at the above list I can"t see their names .

One point which is relevant , if the Judge does allow the McCanns , the calls wouldn"t be everyday stuff, more likely private info.........suppose in the
McCann case it was to prove the calls related to the abduction , would the Portugese then allow the calls by the Tapas 9 denied as evidence by the Portugese Court as being too intrusive to be made available to SY?
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Ang on Wed 14 Sep - 21:57

If I had been a phone hacker, which I'm not, the very first people who I would hack into would be them. They would have been hacked to Kingdom Come and I bet they worry a lot about who has the dirt on them and what they may do with it when Rupert pops his clogs.

And another thing I've been wondering about. Is Rupert or James pulling their strings saying go out there or your protection is over? Paper selling was great business from 2007 to 2011.

Them saying they were not hacked is practically an impossibility but one which they cannot sue for. Well good. My God they certainly appear to have made a deal with the devil. Poor sods in the end.
avatar
Ang
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 207
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Guest on Wed 14 Sep - 22:03

You'd have thought that the fragrant duo would have been far too busy, tirelessly "searching for Maddie", to be bothered with phone hacking inquiries, that don't even concern them (according to Mitchell, their phones weren't even hacked).
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Bobsy on Wed 14 Sep - 22:06

Ang wrote:If I had been a phone hacker, which I'm not, the very first people who I would hack into would be them. They would have been hacked to Kingdom Come and I bet they worry a lot about who has the dirt on them and what they may do with it when Rupert pops his clogs.

And another thing I've been wondering about. Is Rupert or James pulling their strings saying go out there or your protection is over? Paper selling was great business from 2007 to 2011.

Them saying they were not hacked is practically an impossibility but one which they cannot sue for. Well good. My God they certainly appear to have made a deal with the devil. Poor sods in the end.

Hi Ang, I agree with all you have said. They, their tapas friends are/were absolutely prime targets for hacking, and I bet they have been and also believe there are some very damning recordings.
avatar
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Ang on Wed 14 Sep - 22:07

Iris wrote:You'd have thought that the fragrant duo would have been far too busy, tirelessly "searching for Maddie", to be bothered with phone hacking inquiries, that don't even concern them (according to Mitchell, their phones weren't even hacked).

They must have been. It was the biggest story (an ever changing one) that has been for years in this country. No journo would be able to resist.
avatar
Ang
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 207
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-29

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Panda on Wed 14 Sep - 23:25

Newscorp Major shareholders have sent letters to other shareholders asking what they think of the Murdochs owning 40% shares but having 70%
voting rights, News international being investigated in Australia for phone hacking, FBI investigating for phone hacking of 9/11 victims, James to appear again before the PCC Meeting Murdoch agreeing to Casey taking over as Chairman of Newscorp, not James..........I think the Murdochs have enough
to worry about now and Clarence and the McCanns can say goodbye to any support in future.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Roasted Arizona on Wed 14 Sep - 23:25

Just seen the pair of them on a Sky news story about it.....they really love the 'celeb' thing don't they?! How they have the audacity to cross examine anyone beats me!! What is this world coming to FFA.
avatar
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Panda on Wed 14 Sep - 23:41

Roasted Arizona wrote:Just seen the pair of them on a Sky news story about it.....they really love the 'celeb' thing don't they?! How they have the audacity to cross examine anyone beats me!! What is this world coming to FFA.

Hi Roasted Arizona.......nice to see you posting again Looking at the list again I see the McCanns are included, it will be interesting to know whether the hearings will be held in camera if the hacking involved something very personal . Your"e right the McCanns have settled in to the Celebrity
role very well, what is it going to take for some intrepid journalist to print the truth, the Daily Express between James Murray and Tracy Kandohla
write such rubbish they should be ashamed to call themselves Journalists.
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  the slave on Thu 15 Sep - 14:42

Oh and by the way..Lord Leveson is mates with Matthew Freud. Quelle surprise!
Small world when you're an 'elite' , eh!
avatar
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Age : 63
Location : upstairs
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  fred on Thu 15 Sep - 14:43

the slave wrote:Oh and by the way..Lord Leveson is mates with Matthew Freud. Quelle surprise!
Small world when you're an 'elite' , eh!

FFS!!! Whitewash alert. Yet more camping out up Gerrys arse.
avatar
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4899
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Sep - 17:09

the slave wrote:Oh and by the way..Lord Leveson is mates with Matthew Freud. Quelle surprise!
Small world when you're an 'elite' , eh!

Oh, the slave, I was looking forward to enjoying the Beef Casserole gently cooking in the oven but I have quite lost my appetite now.

Is there no chink in the McCann armour?
avatar
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 60
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  tanszi on Thu 15 Sep - 23:40

That may be so Panda and I dont doubt that they are mates, but rightly or wrongly, i have this overwhelming feeling that these people will have their own opinions, and whilst their friends might have an opinion on something i doubt whether any friendship is so great that people dont have their own opinions, even if they might be Masons. I strongly believe that those who believe in justice and doing the right thing, actually do it. Are the hearings published, or recorded or is anyone there on twitter or facebook, anyone know.
avatar
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3109
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS TAKE PART IN HACKING PROBE

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum