Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save millions of public money

4 posters

Go down

Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Empty Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save millions of public money

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Sep - 18:30

I had an idea that if 10 people being cared for could set up successfull ecommerce websites,£228,000 a year could be saved per year(this is based on the maximum figure of £440 per week being payed in full).
I admit that the idea is only theoretical and may even be impractical, but at a time when public money is tight,every idea should be considered.
I haven't heard from my county council leader for about a few months.
In theory,if 10,000 in care did this successfully, the amount of council tax paid by each council tax payer would actually down.
Someone today suggested i should go into politics.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Empty Re: Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save millions of public money

Post  Panda Sun 25 Sep - 20:13

Anything to save money is needed BadBoy, but it"s finding the people in care who are Computer savvy like you. Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save  millions of public money Empty Re: Haven't heard from county council leader on my theoretical plan to save millions of public money

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Sep - 23:45

I WONDER IF THE TAXPAYER'S ALLIANCE WOULD BE INTERESTED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 26 Sep - 0:38

Badboy wrote:I WONDER IF THE TAXPAYER'S ALLIANCE WOULD BE INTERESTED.

There is a Government Dept that helps with setting up small Businesses, you would have to find enough people in care, who have a Computer and
are willing to form such a Business. Be careful you don"t earn too much money or they might take your Care Allowance off you.!!! You could try
advertising locally on the weband see what the response is first.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Mon 26 Sep - 13:04

Badboy

It sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't mind doing it myself - but as Panda says - one needs to be good at computing and I am not either.

But will ask my brother who is a master this sort of thing and maybe he could advise about going about setting up your idea. I don't know how you would go about it myself.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 26 Sep - 23:32

THE OTHER THING IS IF LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE NOT IN CARE SET UP SUCCESSFULL ECOMMERCE WEBSITES, WHEN THEY NEED CARE WHEN ELDERLY,LETS SAY, THEY COULD PAY FOR THEIR CARE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 26 Sep - 23:42

Badboy wrote:THE OTHER THING IS IF LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE NOT IN CARE SET UP SUCCESSFULL ECOMMERCE WEBSITES, WHEN THEY NEED CARE WHEN ELDERLY,LETS SAY, THEY COULD PAY FOR THEIR CARE.

Certainly worth thinking about Badboy.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 4 Oct - 1:03

I HAVE WORKED THAT IN THEORY THAT IF THE COUNTY COUNCIL CONTRACTED WITH SOMEONE ON A CERTAIN WEBSITE (P************) SAY £1-3000 TO HELP PEOPLE SET UP THESE ECOMMERCE WEBSITES SUCCESSFULLY, IN THEORY, AT LEAST £100,000 MIGHT BE SAVED EVERY YEAR.
i HAVE WONDERED IF I SHOULDN'T PAY MY CARE CHARGES ON THE PRINCIPLE THAT EVERYONE WOULD SAVE MONEY SHOULD THIS IDEA BE TRIED OUT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 6 Oct - 22:50

I HAVE TALKED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE AND THEY THINK IT IS AN IDEA TO BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 7 Oct - 11:53

How would it work BB, there would have to be products to sell and someone to package and send them l presume? Could it really work? I know you have all your blogs do you make money out of them? PM if you want - l don't want to know the inns and outs!!! but l'm intruiged..... I co-run a small business that is currently up for sale and am looking for ideas for when this sells, l'm quite computer literate l have designed a couple of websites in the past (using frontpage technology though!) but l am able.

I do think it should be encouraged, often the leap from being assisted by the Government and helping yourself is too big a leap for people so they have to stay on benefits, doesn't make sense.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 7 Oct - 12:58

margaret wrote:How would it work BB, there would have to be products to sell and someone to package and send them l presume? Could it really work? I know you have all your blogs do you make money out of them? PM if you want - l don't want to know the inns and outs!!! but l'm intruiged..... I co-run a small business that is currently up for sale and am looking for ideas for when this sells, l'm quite computer literate l have designed a couple of websites in the past (using frontpage technology though!) but l am able.

I do think it should be encouraged, often the leap from being assisted by the Government and helping yourself is too big a leap for people so they have to stay on benefits, doesn't make sense.
THERE ARE WEBSITES WHERE YOU DON'T ACTUALLY SEND THE PRODUCTS OUT(AFFILIATE?).
it is said that last year £60billion was spend on internet last year(computer and electrical related items were to items sold)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 9 Oct - 1:50

Badboy

My brother has a friend who sets up websites for people running business and he charges £3000 approx for doing it. He doesn't sell anything just designs them. Is this what you mean ?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 9 Oct - 11:31

Angelique wrote:Badboy

My brother has a friend who sets up websites for people running business and he charges £3000 approx for doing it. He doesn't sell anything just designs them. Is this what you mean ?
I MEAN ACTUAL ECOMMERCE WEBSITES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 24 Dec - 17:29

here's a thought,could council taxpayers sue for unneeded increase in council tax for not impletamed(sp?) these ideas?
These councils seem to have no forward planning ahead skills.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down