Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

+17
katertaif
fuzeta
kitti
Lioned
Panda
cherry1
Krisy22
Angelina
chrissie
Fern
wjk
mara thon
fred
Lillyofthevalley
Keela
gillyspot
RIORITA
21 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Empty Re: more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

Post  Guest Fri 23 Dec - 23:47

La Senza has just brought in the receivers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Empty Re: more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk?

Post  Badboy Fri 23 Dec - 23:57

Iris wrote:La Senza has just brought in the receivers.
I WAS READING DURING THE LAST WEEK OR SO THAT THEY WERE HAVING TROUBLE.
THEY WERE A NUMBER OF FIRMS MENTIONED ON SKY NEWS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH PROFITS;ARGOS,MOTHERCARE,THORNTONS AND ABOUT 5 OTHERS.
IT IS BEING SAID THAT SOME WELL-KNOWN HIGH STREET NAMES COULD BE IN TROUBLE NEXT YEAR AND DISAPPEAR.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 24 Dec - 10:32

Does the 'bubble' from dragons den still own that ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 24 Dec - 12:21

Lioned wrote:

Does the 'bubble' from dragons den still own that ?

Not now, he was on the BBC last night saying he was "very sad" but he was described as a "former" owner. I suppose that now the MPs expenses are being scrutinised, the bottom has dropped out of the ladies' lingerie market (sorry for the pun). more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 306321
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 24 Dec - 13:12

i read a few days ago that a shopping centre in sheffield(think it was called meadowhall) was actually empty.
yesterday £1million was spend every minute,so they say.
clinton cards are in trouble(one of my carers says they are simply too many card shops around,even supermarkets like tescos are selling them cheaply)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 24 Dec - 15:45

Badboy wrote:i read a few days ago that a shopping centre in sheffield(think it was called meadowhall) was actually empty.
yesterday £1million was spend every minute,so they say.
clinton cards are in trouble(one of my carers says they are simply too many card shops around,even supermarkets like tescos are selling them cheaply)

I think it's a similar problem with La Senza. The supermarkets all sell a huge range of nightwear now much more cheaply.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 24 Dec - 16:13

YOU NAME IT,PROPERBLY 9 TIMES OUT OF 10,THE SUPERMARKETS/SUPERSTORES SELL IT AS WELL AS MORE CHEAPLY ON TOP.
WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THE SUPERS PUT HALF THE REMAINING SHOPS OUT OF BUSINESS.

Last edited by Badboy on Sat 24 Dec - 16:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MORE WORDS)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 6 Jan - 17:17

Blacks and Milletts, the camping shops, just announced that they have called in the administrators.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 6 Jan - 17:20

I HEARD,I THINK,THEY ARE GOING TO BE BROUGHT BY JJD SPORTS?(SKY NEWS)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 6 Jan - 17:24

It says on the BBC that they could not find a direct buyer, but they were in talks to sell the brand names and logos, maybe that is where JJD Sports comes into it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 6 Jan - 17:41

JJD SPORTS IS FRONTRUNNER TO BUY BLACKS WITH SPORTS DIRECT ALSO IN THE RUNNING TO BUY.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 6 Jan - 17:48

I'm surprised that Tiso haven't put in an offer, they have just opened an enormous shop next to us and they seem to be expanding in other places as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 7 Jan - 17:06

TESCO'S ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE PROFITS,WHICH HAVE BEEN HIT BY THEIR CHRISTMAS PERFORMANCE.
(DEBENHAMS ETC ARE GOING TO ANNOUNCE PROFITS ALSO NEXT WEEK
(NO CHANCE OF ANY STORE CLOSURES ORJOB LOSSES?)
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 8 Jan - 17:42

I WONDER IF ARGOS WILL SHUT STORES AND SHED JOBS,SEEMS THEY ONLY MADE £3MILLION THIS YEAR COMPARED TO £54MILLION LAST YEAR.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Jan - 18:07

Badboy wrote:I WONDER IF ARGOS WILL SHUT STORES AND SHED JOBS,SEEMS THEY ONLY MADE £3MILLION THIS YEAR COMPARED TO £54MILLION LAST YEAR.

I've been to Argos a few times over the past month or so. I expected the queues that I used to see in their stores, and a wait for my order, but each time I've gone recently, the stores have been very quiet. I think supermarkets are offering the kind or products that Argos used to have almost a monopoly on selling cheaply. I have been looking at small TVs with integrated DVD, just for watching films in bed. On the local retail park, there is a Sainsbury's and an Argos. The TV I was looking to buy is £30 cheaper at Sainsbury's.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 8 Jan - 19:24

DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME BOOKIES ARE OFFERING BETS ON WHICH RETAILER(S)ARE GOING TO BE NEXT TO COLLAPSE.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 8 Jan - 19:27

AnnaEsse wrote:
Badboy wrote:I WONDER IF ARGOS WILL SHUT STORES AND SHED JOBS,SEEMS THEY ONLY MADE £3MILLION THIS YEAR COMPARED TO £54MILLION LAST YEAR.

I've been to Argos a few times over the past month or so. I expected the queues that I used to see in their stores, and a wait for my order, but each time I've gone recently, the stores have been very quiet. I think supermarkets are offering the kind or products that Argos used to have almost a monopoly on selling cheaply. I have been looking at small TVs with integrated DVD, just for watching films in bed. On the local retail park, there is a Sainsbury's and an Argos. The TV I was looking to buy is £30 cheaper at Sainsbury's.
IT IS SAID THAT ARGOS IS AIMED AT THE LOWER END OF CLASS OF PEOPLE,WHO ARE SUFFERING IN THIS ECONOMIC CLIMATE.
MUST BUY A CLOCK FROM THEM SOMETIME.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sun 8 Jan - 19:58

Ive never found Argos that cheap and I hate the way they make you hang around so I very rarely buy there.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Jan - 20:25

Badboy wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

IT IS SAID THAT ARGOS IS AIMED AT THE LOWER END OF CLASS OF PEOPLE,WHO ARE SUFFERING IN THIS ECONOMIC CLIMATE.
MUST BUY A CLOCK FROM THEM SOMETIME.

I have had a few bargains from there. For Christmas, my five-year-old grandson wanted a remote-control helicopter. It was £35 on Amazon, £29 at ToysRUs and £24.99 at Argos. I tend to search for where an item is available and reserve online to pick up. It's quicker that way.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Mon 9 Jan - 19:46

HMV PROFITS FALL 8%(HOWEVER TECHNOLOGY ITEMS SALES ROSE 51%)
BLACKS LEISURE HAVE BEEN SOLD TO JJD? TODAY
SEA FRANCE HAS GONE INTO LIQUATION,250? JOBS GONE(CH4 NEWS
TESCO'S AND MORRISON'S REPORT PTOFITS BEING HIT,METHINKS
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 10 Jan - 10:52

The Past Times shop near us just closed down, but apparently that chain has been on the brink of banrupcty for years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jan - 11:07

Aldi, Farmfoods Costco are holding their own because the first two are cheap and although Costco sell in bulk for those who have room in their freezers their Meat is far superior to Tesco in quality and stocking up saves on Petrol.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 10 Jan - 13:05

Panda wrote:Aldi, Farmfoods Costco are holding their own because the first two are cheap and although Costco sell in bulk for those who have room in their freezers their Meat is far superior to Tesco in quality and stocking up saves on Petrol.
A FEW YEARS AGO ALDI AND/OR LIDL WERE MAKING LOSSES,NOW IN THIS AUSTERITY THEY ARE MAKING MASSIVE PROFITS,EVEN THE WELL MONIED ARE SHOPPING THEIR NOW
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 10 Jan - 13:45

Badboy wrote:
Panda wrote:Aldi, Farmfoods Costco are holding their own because the first two are cheap and although Costco sell in bulk for those who have room in their freezers their Meat is far superior to Tesco in quality and stocking up saves on Petrol.
A FEW YEARS AGO ALDI AND/OR LIDL WERE MAKING LOSSES,NOW IN THIS AUSTERITY THEY ARE MAKING MASSIVE PROFITS,EVEN THE WELL MONIED ARE SHOPPING THEIR NOW

Walking distance from where I live, there was a Somerfield Store which was cheap, then it was bought by the Co-op and I seldom go
there, Iceland is still very cheap and if you spend £25 or more they deliver free. Not much in the way of fresh veg though so I go to a
nearby greengrocer, I"m spoilt for choice. more store closures and job cuts ahead in uk? - Page 3 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 10 Jan - 14:12

There was a greengrocer's shop, a family business, that had been operating in my town for as long as I can remember. It sold a wide range of produce and lots of plants. Yesterday, it was shut, shutters down. I think it has closed, which is a pity, but it's very close to Tesco, which sells an even wider range of produce and has a car park.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next