Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Sunflower27 on Mon 3 Oct - 11:02

Did Gerry's family members quit jobs to work for the fund within days? How ridiculous given that a lot of 'abducted' children are found murdered shortly after.

Was just thinking of the stunt the McCann's did with the yellow balloons when they were snapped happy and smiling. Anyone else get the feeling this was them sending a message to Maddie in heaven? Just a random musing.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8181204_through-birthday-after-sons-death.html


Sunflower27
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 337
Age : 44
Location : Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  pennylane on Mon 3 Oct - 11:14

Panda wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:I liked the remark by Goncarlo that now the McCanns don"t have to pay Detectives they can give back the money they made from the book.

The McCanns didn't need money or so we thought, when the PJ were investigating the disappearance of Madeleine, back in 2007, but a fund to find Madeleine, was set up within days of Madeleine disappearing. Then we found out the McCanns had dipped into the fund to pay for 2 months of their mortgage.

The fund money is being use as it was used back in 2007, to assist the McCanns finances and if Clarence Mitchell was speaking the truth, the McCanns extended family can also use this money.


Hi Kathybelle, even Philomena said the family were helping out with their Mortgage because they were broke........I don2t believe for one minute that the
£300,000 supposedly paid to Halligen actually was, it went into an off shore Bank Account or went to pay off the McCanns Mortgage.

It is my belief that the gruesome twosome's fear of what may bubble to the surface has forced them to keep hustling for more and more money. A crime as botched as this one was has necessitated a great deal of expensive protection and financial coaxing (imo), and even 4+ years or more down the line.... money remains their one overriding ticket to freedom. In this respect at least, the pair are very nurturing indeed!

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Oct - 11:38

Morning Pennylane,

If the McCanns had closed the Fund before the Book was Published donated any loose change left to another charity, they would have been home and dry,
forgotten about and left to get on with their lives. By continually drawing attention to themselves with this Magazine award (most comments negative by
the way which must make the organisers realise they shouldn"t have taken any notice of Lorraine Kelly) and Chums Kate is demeaniing herself. What is
her reason? to sell more books,? bathe in the limelight of Celebrity status? are Friends and Family in favour of these stunts?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  pennylane on Mon 3 Oct - 11:48

Panda wrote:Morning Pennylane,

If the McCanns had closed the Fund before the Book was Published donated any loose change left to another charity, they would have been home and dry,
forgotten about and left to get on with their lives. By continually drawing attention to themselves with this Magazine award (most comments negative by
the way which must make the organisers realise they shouldn"t have taken any notice of Lorraine Kelly) and Chums Kate is demeaniing herself. What is
her reason? to sell more books,? bathe in the limelight of Celebrity status? are Friends and Family in favour of these stunts?

Morning Panda

Staying out of the limelight was not an option for some time, as they had much to keep buried (imo). That was, and perhaps continues to be, a very expensive business. Also, we do not know what other aspects have been hidden, and if they are afraid of blackmail or being thrown to the wolves. In which case they will require heavy duty legal representation in the future, so they may be forced to keep hustling. I am convinced there is another aspect to this case that has not yet come out. If so, it is possible that the PJ have information that scares them. Maybe they live in deep dread of two pieces of the puzzle marrying up, and exploding in their faces. If this is the case, they will be caught up in a vicious circle.

pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5351
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Angelique on Mon 3 Oct - 11:50

kitti wrote:Yes I wouldn't put it past the mccanns to drop the case at the last minute.



Their 'goal' was to destroy mr amaral NOT to go to court.


You don't need to destroy a person by doing this, it was their goal to do this by making him suffer for a couple off years, spend all his money on lawyers to bankrupt him...nasty piece off work the pair off the .

kitti

I have to agree with you this seems very likely from what we know about the McCanns, well Gerry at least. This is the modus operandi they use. But surely if they retract from the case they - the McCanns - would be liable for GA costs as well. Or maybe I am wrong.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Oct - 12:10

Angelique wrote:
kitti wrote:Yes I wouldn't put it past the mccanns to drop the case at the last minute.



Their 'goal' was to destroy mr amaral NOT to go to court.


You don't need to destroy a person by doing this, it was their goal to do this by making him suffer for a couple off years, spend all his money on lawyers to bankrupt him...nasty piece off work the pair off the .

kitti

I have to agree with you this seems very likely from what we know about the McCanns, well Gerry at least. This is the modus operandi they use. But surely if they retract from the case they - the McCanns - would be liable for GA costs as well. Or maybe I am wrong.

Hi Angelique,

It would be much cheaper to drop the charges than be paying CR and the mad Duarty, Abreu and Lift Consultants , plus the attendant publicity and the
knowledge that they may lose the case.They thought when they won the injunction that Amaral would be a walk-over, didn"t bargain for him appealing
and winning. Any Court Fees would have been paid by each party , but if Amaral wants to claim these, plus any other Fees incurred to lift the
injunction he might have to go to Court to claim for defamation of character or something. Although my guess would be an out of Court settlement.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Angelique on Mon 3 Oct - 15:23

Hi Panda

Thank you for your reply - it would be nice to think that GA would apply for reimbursement - but this is the difference between the McCanns and GA. He probably would let matters drop - unless as you say, he gets these included into the claim to lift the Injunction. I hope he does - he has suffered such inordinate losses because of the action taken against him.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Oct - 15:37

Angelique wrote:Hi Panda

Thank you for your reply - it would be nice to think that GA would apply for reimbursement - but this is the difference between the McCanns and GA. He probably would let matters drop - unless as you say, he gets these included into the claim to lift the Injunction. I hope he does - he has suffered such inordinate losses because of the action taken against him.

Maybe CR went to visit Amaral to make him an offer he couldn"t refuse, In return, Amaral would tell no one the case was dropped by the McCanns
and he would agree not to have his Book translated into English and sold in the U.K. or any English speaking Country.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Angelique on Mon 3 Oct - 15:54

Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote:Hi Panda

Thank you for your reply - it would be nice to think that GA would apply for reimbursement - but this is the difference between the McCanns and GA. He probably would let matters drop - unless as you say, he gets these included into the claim to lift the Injunction. I hope he does - he has suffered such inordinate losses because of the action taken against him.

Maybe CR went to visit Amaral to make him an offer he couldn"t refuse, In return, Amaral would tell no one the case was dropped by the McCanns
and he would agree not to have his Book translated into English and sold in the U.K. or any English speaking Country.

Panda

No - don't even think this - GA has high moral principles it would be awful if the McCanns got the better of him in this way - it would be like saying - everyone has a price. I would rather be a pauper than submit to another persons values.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  buildersbum on Mon 3 Oct - 16:03

Annabel wrote:http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2011/10/scotland-yard-goes-to-portugal.html

Scotland Yard Goes to Portugal


A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked me if I knew something about the visit that some Scotland Yard officers paid to PJ, in Portugal. I told him they have been there, indeed. Now, just a few more details: the weather was wonderful, food and wine superb (and cheap...) and their colleagues at Polícia Judiciária were professional and polite.
At the end, they were back in UK with nothing new. Because, as they knew very well, the case can only be reopen if new evidence emerges. As the Scotland Yard officers had no new evidence, the case remains as it is: waiting for new evidence.http://algarvenewswatch.blogspot.com/2011/05/portuguese-police-fully-co-operating.html
About the thousands and thousands of pages from the files, concerning Madeleine McCann disappearance, Scotland Yard has digital copies of ALL the files. And they were delivered to them many months ago. So, if they really wanted to make a full review of the case, they just needed to go through those pages, phrase by phrase.
At the end of the day, just a few more pounds from the British taxpayer wasted, because the long arm of the McCann managed to reach another politician. http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/may/12/madeleine-mccann-case-met-police , So nothing new, indeed.
Publicada por Paulo Reis em 19:21:00

OR HAVE THEY FOUND SOMETHING?
Could this be part of Scotland yards Wider agenda....find the evidence leave it with the PJ, come back say they found nothing new, safe face they don't want tobe the "bad guys" in the UK, sit back and watch and wait for the PJ to inform all that they have further evidence to re-open the case and drag the McCanns back to Portugal

buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  kitti on Mon 3 Oct - 16:13

Angelique.....the costs from the previous book injunction appeal which the mccanns lost will go against the upcoming trial......myself I think that is unfair .....they lost the appeal so they should pay the costs their and then...if it had been anyone else they would off had to off done that....but hey, it's the mccanns .


So....the mccanns so far owe costs plus 1,000euro per day for non return off the books.




kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Oct - 16:18

Sorry buildersbum, I don"t get your drift.

About the thousands and thousands of pages from the files, concerning
Madeleine McCann disappearance, Scotland Yard has digital copies of ALL
the files. And they were delivered to them many months ago. So, if they
really wanted to make a full review of the case, they just needed to go
through those pages, phrase by phrase."


If SY had all these files many months ago, surely they would have picked up on any anomalies and advised PJ there and then. We know the negligence claim has lapsed, so the only charge the PJ could make against the PJ is accidental Homicide, for that you need a body.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Carolina on Mon 3 Oct - 16:40

Panda wrote:
Angelique wrote:Hi Panda

Thank you for your reply - it would be nice to think that GA would apply for reimbursement - but this is the difference between the McCanns and GA. He probably would let matters drop - unless as you say, he gets these included into the claim to lift the Injunction. I hope he does - he has suffered such inordinate losses because of the action taken against him.

Maybe CR went to visit Amaral to make him an offer he couldn"t refuse, In return, Amaral would tell no one the case was dropped by the McCanns
and he would agree not to have his Book translated into English and sold in the U.K. or any English speaking Country.

That's very doubtful and anyway CR is not their lawyer in Portugal. Gonçalo Amaral will not give in to those people ever!

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Carolina on Mon 3 Oct - 16:44

kitti wrote:Angelique.....the costs from the previous book injunction appeal which the mccanns lost will go against the upcoming trial......myself I think that is unfair .....they lost the appeal so they should pay the costs their and then...if it had been anyone else they would off had to off done that....but hey, it's the mccanns .


So....the mccanns so far owe costs plus 1,000euro per day for non return off the books.




AFAIK, the McCanns have not been fined 1.000€ a day for not returning the books. When the book was first banned the judge ruled that the parties being sued by the McCanns would be fined 1.000€ for every day they failed to hand the books over to Isabel Duarte.

Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Age : 70
Location : Algarve, Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Mon 3 Oct - 16:58

Carolina wrote:
kitti wrote:Angelique.....the costs from the previous book injunction appeal which the mccanns lost will go against the upcoming trial......myself I think that is unfair .....they lost the appeal so they should pay the costs their and then...if it had been anyone else they would off had to off done that....but hey, it's the mccanns .


So....the mccanns so far owe costs plus 1,000euro per day for non return off the books.




AFAIK, the McCanns have not been fined 1.000€ a day for not returning the books. When the book was first banned the judge ruled that the parties being sued by the McCanns would be fined 1.000€ for every day they failed to hand the books over to Isabel Duarte.

I doubt very mmuch that all these Books were taken out of Portugal, so surely Duarte would have been charged with their return to the Publisher
and the McCanns charged E1,000 for every day the books were not handed over to the Publisher?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Tue 4 Oct - 9:30

This is a comment from a SY Detective Inspector

This is a review, not an investigation”.

The
difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence
to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.



Not very promising is it.!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Angelina on Tue 4 Oct - 9:42

Panda wrote:This is a comment from a SY Detective Inspector

This is a review, not an investigation”.

The
difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence
to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.



Not very promising is it.!!

No, not promising but not surprising either. Just about confirms what I thought...total waste of time and money which we can't afford

Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2928
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Tue 4 Oct - 9:52

Angelina wrote:
Panda wrote:This is a comment from a SY Detective Inspector

This is a review, not an investigation”.

The
difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence
to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.



Not very promising is it.!!

No, not promising but not surprising either. Just about confirms what I thought...total waste of time and money which we can't afford

Hi Angelina

Cameron ought to be hung drawn and quartered for using £3 million of public money to pander to the McCanns when Britain is in dire straits financially.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  mara thon on Tue 4 Oct - 10:22

It's an absolutely disgraceful waste of taxpayers money, I believe it is 3.5 million. For Cameron to allot this money to one single family for nothing but a review, a review in which any new information found or not found will be kept secret is completely and utterly wrong. Cameron should be forced to explain to the British taxpayers just why he has alloted this huge amount of money to one family only, a family who have already made vast amounts of money and wasted vast amounts of money already. Why did Cameron never question what happened to all the money the Mccanns already had? Why did Cameron never question the use of the "dodgy" detectives etc?

There other families in UK who also deserve the assistance of Cameron, families who have no money and no hope of getting any, families who haven't turned themselves into media whores and most likely don't have the same high profile contacts that the Mccanns have. Where is the help for them?

The whole affair is a joke with the butt of the joke being a small girl who has vanished from the face of the earth but the disappearance of that little girl has enabled her family to become rich and famous (or infamous) in her name. Oh well, for the believers, the parents and all others involved will ultimately have a much higher authority to judge them when their time comes. Maybe Lucifer is already preparing their places !



Last edited by mara thon on Tue 4 Oct - 10:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amend spelling)

mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7063
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Krisy22 on Tue 4 Oct - 10:37



Very well said mara thon, great post and sums it up completely.

Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3380
Location : good old Oxfordshire no goats... lots of RAIN....
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Angelique on Tue 4 Oct - 14:43

mara thon.

I agree with all you say. But for the fact that £3.5 million in itself is "just about right" to quell the McCanns, not too much in times of crisis with "the deficit" but also takes care of 30 (is this the real figure) about to be made redundant Senior Police Officers. (which will carry them into retirement very nicely thank you) So they can draw their Pensions which will have been completed.

Its a small enough sum not to make the general public utter disgust because is about Madeleine, a missing child.

So it has all the hallmarks of something which has come out of Whitehall - ticks all the boxes. I think I said this when it was first announced.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  keepingmum on Tue 4 Oct - 15:59

agree with everything mara has said.

keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  LJC on Tue 11 Oct - 0:02

Panda wrote:This is a comment from a SY Detective Inspector

This is a review, not an investigation”.

The
difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence
to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.



Not very promising is it.!!

But surely if they come to the same conclusion and nothing new is brought to the table, the McCanns are still in exactly the same place? Nothing would change, which would mean they are not cleared or no new suspects or evidence found. That would be a major worry to me if I were in their shoes.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Panda on Tue 11 Oct - 7:45

LJC wrote:
Panda wrote:This is a comment from a SY Detective Inspector

This is a review, not an investigation”.

The
difference, I think, can be summarised thus: “A review is a look at the evidence
to see if there should be a formal re-investigation”.



Not very promising is it.!!

But surely if they come to the same conclusion and nothing new is brought to the table, the McCanns are still in exactly the same place? Nothing would change, which would mean they are not cleared or no new suspects or evidence found. That would be a major worry to me if I were in their shoes.

Hi LJC, yes, I agree, the Mccanns wanted the review because they complained that the PJ may not have chased up every potential lead.
If the Review concludes there is no evidence that the PJ were remiss and no investigation necessary, the McCanns will have egg on their
faces. Ben Needham"s Mother is still searching after 20 years, without any Fund, would the McCanns continue their "search" that long?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard Detectives meeting with Portugese Police

Post  Sponsored content Today at 22:36


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum