Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Who Does This Remind You Of?/Himself

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who Does This Remind You Of?/Himself

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 14 Oct - 22:11

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
Annabel wrote: Panda, maybe this one:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/37may10/SandraFelgueiras_01_05_10.htm

Thanks Annabel but it"s not the one. I think the one I saw, Kate was on her own, seemed to be in a Portugese T.V. Station. As I say, she
makes an appeal to the "abductor" to return Madeleine to her Family, leave her in a safe place where she can be found, and repeats in
Portugese .

I see in the Sandra interview she is still maintaining the Window was open and shutters up even though by this time it had been confirmed
the shutter wasn"t opened.

This one? The Portuguese bit seems to have been cut. Embedding disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5gpCfAdjs

Well done AnnaEsse

Yes, the Portuigese bit has been cut out, I remember her saying "Por Favor".!!

Notice how she says "We need our Madeleine, our Madeleine needs us"..........how many times has she said that !!!! I bet a psychiatrist
could analyse that, To me it seems like a part of her life is gone but no acceptance of blame, it"s the Abductors fault .

Thanks Panda. I remembered that video well and had a good idea of the image I was looking for.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel on Fri 14 Oct - 22:15

Anna!

Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 14 Oct - 22:18

Annabel wrote: Anna!

Aw thank you!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Fri 14 Oct - 22:26

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
Annabel wrote: Panda, maybe this one:

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/37may10/SandraFelgueiras_01_05_10.htm

Thanks Annabel but it"s not the one. I think the one I saw, Kate was on her own, seemed to be in a Portugese T.V. Station. As I say, she
makes an appeal to the "abductor" to return Madeleine to her Family, leave her in a safe place where she can be found, and repeats in
Portugese .

I see in the Sandra interview she is still maintaining the Window was open and shutters up even though by this time it had been confirmed
the shutter wasn"t opened.

This one? The Portuguese bit seems to have been cut. Embedding disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5gpCfAdjs

Well done AnnaEsse

Yes, the Portuigese bit has been cut out, I remember her saying "Por Favor".!!

Notice how she says "We need our Madeleine, our Madeleine needs us"..........how many times has she said that !!!! I bet a psychiatrist
could analyse that, To me it seems like a part of her life is gone but no acceptance of blame, it"s the Abductors fault .

I'm searching under what I think Kate McCann said. Apologies to Portuguese speakers if this is wrong!

Por favor, devolva a nossa menina.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique on Fri 14 Oct - 23:59

AnnaEsse

Your are correct:

I found this on "faithlilly's site:

"Madeleine is a beautiful, bright, funny and caring little girl. She is so special.
Please, please do not hurt her. Please don’t scare her. Please tell us where to find her or put her in a place of safety and let somebody know where she is.
We beg you to let Madeleine come home. We need our Madeleine, Sean and Amelie need Madeleine and Madeleine needs us. Please give our little girl back.
Por favor devolva a nossa menina.'

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  himself on Thu 20 Oct - 22:37

HiDeHo wrote:Thanks Himself!

While I was checking out some of the other videos I cam across this one which I have never seen before and wanted to share, not because it is relative to McCann's case but features another murderer and is only slightly off topic from Peterson/Smith that are featured in the video I am attempting to create.

'Aileen Wournos' uploaded this video the day before her execution in January 2007. The video is frightening in so many ways but particularly that the interviewer points out that she passed a psychological test the day before.

The State of Alabama plans to execute Christopher Johnson today, despite serious questions about his mental competency, the fairness of his trial, and the lack of meaningful appellate review.

Mr. Johnson was convicted of killing his infant son in 2005. His attorneys attempted to present a defense of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, but mid-way through his trial, Mr. Johnson asked the trial judge for permission to represent himself. Despite Mr. Johnson’s history of mental illness, the judge allowed him to represent himself. While doing so, Mr. Johnson asked the jury and judge to sentence him to death.

At his sentencing hearing, the judge found that Mr. Johnson was placed in numerous psychiatric hospitals throughout his childhood and was prescribed anti-psychotic medications. He also exhibited behavior associated with mental illness: while awaiting trial, he refused to bathe, slammed his head against the wall of his cell, and attempted suicide by eating toilet paper. Despite this evidence, the trial judge sentenced Mr. Johnson to death. more http://eji.org/eji/node/574

himself

Number of posts : 16
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Thu 20 Oct - 22:56

The Video isn"t playing but I saw the film about Wournos, it is excellent. She wasn"t a phsycopath, just an abused young girl from a poor family
who turned to prostitution for money. Then she met a younger woman, fell in love with her and the youngster was demanding for the good
life so Wournos had to prostitute herself to keep the two of them and took her vengeance out on the "Tricks" because of her contempt for
them.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Thu 20 Oct - 22:59

himself wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:Thanks Himself!

While I was checking out some of the other videos I cam across this one which I have never seen before and wanted to share, not because it is relative to McCann's case but features another murderer and is only slightly off topic from Peterson/Smith that are featured in the video I am attempting to create.

'Aileen Wournos' uploaded this video the day before her execution in January 2007. The video is frightening in so many ways but particularly that the interviewer points out that she passed a psychological test the day before.

The State of Alabama plans to execute Christopher Johnson today, despite serious questions about his mental competency, the fairness of his trial, and the lack of meaningful appellate review.

Mr. Johnson was convicted of killing his infant son in 2005. His attorneys attempted to present a defense of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, but mid-way through his trial, Mr. Johnson asked the trial judge for permission to represent himself. Despite Mr. Johnson’s history of mental illness, the judge allowed him to represent himself. While doing so, Mr. Johnson asked the jury and judge to sentence him to death.

At his sentencing hearing, the judge found that Mr. Johnson was placed in numerous psychiatric hospitals throughout his childhood and was prescribed anti-psychotic medications. He also exhibited behavior associated with mental illness: while awaiting trial, he refused to bathe, slammed his head against the wall of his cell, and attempted suicide by eating toilet paper. Despite this evidence, the trial judge sentenced Mr. Johnson to death. more http://eji.org/eji/node/574

I just don't know what to say about that. The USA is almost alone now in the west in still executing people. And this kind of story is just sickening.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo on Fri 21 Oct - 4:29

I really didn't mean to go off topic with the video, but I do want to add that I have realised there is a separation between 'reason' and 'accountability'.

I agree Panda that there is a reason that Eileen Wournos became the person she did. This is not about excuse because she was definitely accountable for what she did...no question....but when it is realised there is usually a reason that people become 'monsters' then, maybe something can be done to help prevent it.

Saying its an excuse, which does not incorporate accountabilty, is, in my opinion, why the REASON that people act the way they do tends to be ignored....brush it under the carpet and forget about understanding to help in future prevention.

I read a book years ago...Act of Innocence...(I think it was called) about the daycare abuse in Dade County Florida.....it described the abuse many children were subjected to, which was horrific.

The young ginger haired child was not given any support, regardless of what he went through and I wondered whether he was destined to become an abuser in the future (as is often the case).

If he is now, as an adult, guilty of abuse to others, can we not understand the reason he may be 'there'...regardless of the fact he should be accountable for anything he may have done...

Reason and accountability.....Two different things in my opinion and the sooner they are not combined as an 'excuse' the sooner this world will start to be recognise that we all play a part in helping prevent future atrocities by giving youngsters a 'voice' and someone in their lives that believes in them and a reason to take the correct path in life....

Apologies....off topic but needed a rant....

HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Fri 21 Oct - 7:47

No worries hideho

Although there was good reason for Wournos to behave the way she did it still made her accountable because she knew what she was doing.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  himself on Fri 21 Oct - 13:04

3242 people in the United States currently are under a death sentence. Since the death penalty was reinstated in 1976, 1266 men, women, children, and mentally ill people have been shot, hanged, asphyxiated, lethally injected, and electrocuted by States and the federal government.

Mounting evidence shows that innocent people have been sentenced to death and that serious legal errors infect the administration of capital punishment. For every eight people executed in this country, one innocent person on death row has been identified and exonerated. In response to growing concerns about reliability, many states have suspended executions or experienced a decline in the use of capital punishment, but most southern states have continued to condemn and execute large numbers of people who disproportionately are poor and racial minorities.

Alabama currently has 198 men and women on its death row. Alabama sentences more people to death per capita than any other state, due in part to elected judges who are allowed to override a jury’s verdict of life. Alabama is the only state in the country that allows elected state court judges to override jury verdicts of life imprisonment and impose death sentences without strict limiting standards. About 21% of the people on Alabama's death row received a life verdict that was overridden by a trial judge.

Alabama is also the only state in the country without a state-funded program to provide legal assistance to death row prisoners. Over half of the people currently under sentence of death in Alabama were represented at trial by appointed counsel whose compensation for trial preparation was capped by law at just $1000.

More
http://www.eji.org/eji/deathpenalty

himself

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda on Fri 21 Oct - 16:19

Well the Death Penalty is not acting as a deterrent in Alabama as it was designed to do. We talk about Human Rights, what about the rights of
the victims who have a right to live.?????

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  himself on Fri 21 Oct - 18:49

Conviction does not equal guilt.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Facts on Post-Conviction DNA Exonerations

There have been 273 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the United States.

• The first DNA exoneration took place in 1989. Exonerations have been won in 35 states; since 2000, there have been 206 exonerations.

• 17 of the 273 people exonerated through DNA served time on death row.

• The average length of time served by exonerees is 13 years. The total number of years served is approximately 3,524.

• The average age of exonerees at the time of their wrongful convictions was 27.

More http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/Facts_on_PostConviction_DNA_Exonerations.php

273. Two hundred and seventy three. Seventeen of them from death row. Those that had the luxury of DNA evidence.

The system is broken.

himself

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave on Fri 21 Oct - 23:25

Firstly, I'm personally thrilled that the magical, wonderful, Himself is with us, great to see you here.
Any system that incarcerates such a large percentage of it's population and for so long for such small crimes is a sick system. I read yesterday about some dodgy bankster defrauding a billion or so getting a four month sentence and a poor impoverished black guy stealing $100 dollars ( who felt so bad he returned the money and handed himself in ), getting 15 years.
America is sick, my friend, almost terminally so.
There IS D.N.A. evidence in the madeleine saga. It's the interpretation of the data that's questionable.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop on Sat 22 Oct - 11:30

himself wrote:Conviction does not equal guilt.

The system is broken.

Similarly the Mccann's need to realise that 'No evidence to suggest....' is a world apart from actually being 'innocent'
And you can extrapolate similar statistics to show the amount of people who are guilty yet get away with crimes due to a lack of evidence.

If only the British or portugal Standard for DNA markers was the same as it was in the USA. Then we would have had a conviction and evidence.

Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  himself on Sat 22 Oct - 11:58

I could argue that it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. Any of it.

http://goodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com/2011/10/imagine.html

himself

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 22 Oct - 12:01

himself wrote:I could argue that it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. Any of it.

http://goodqualitywristbands.blogspot.com/2011/10/imagine.html

To the point and a very good point you make there.

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  himself on Sat 22 Oct - 16:46

Unfortunately I fear, all too applicable.

The Slave, aren't you a love, thank you. But I do have to add a lol.

Not a return by any means, I just happened to know the whereabouts of the clip in question.

And although it was HiDeHo who wandered a tad off topic,thus prompting my response, little harm was done by airing a few facts and figures on the US DoJ.

One last link and I will call it a day. Being no small lover of irony, there is a link below to a small post. I don't link to it because it's particularly sensational, it's far from it in fact. It's just another little police abuse story, but it does so drip with irony.

http://onlyinamericablogging.blogspot.com/2008/03/further-fascist-fun-in-florida.html

himself

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:20

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top