Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 16 Oct - 9:44


Ive just found this on Joana Moris site, Ive never seen this befor but it makes interesting reading especially with the Court Case looming, if Gerry and Kate read this forum, I would be very worrid if I were them.......


by Aníbal Ferreira, 22nd Jan 2010.

Imagine you had been a police officer for 30 years and that you were investigating the disappearance of a little English girl named Maddie McCann.

Imagine that all the police officers, including you, concluded that the little girl had died and that the parents were suspects of being involved in concealing the body.

Imagine that the little girl’s parents were made official suspects and that the English press started to call you “bungling cop”, “amateur”, “corrupted”, “inept”, “incompetent” and “failure”.

Imagine that the English press started to announce on a daily basis that you had “manufactured the case”, “made stuff up”, “”ditched vital evidence”, “hampered the investigation”, that you were “biased”, “cruel” and “lying”.

Imagine that for month after month, the English press called you “fat”, “drunk”, “torturer”, “stupid”, “imbecile” and “infamous”, repeating 418 times that you were a “disgraced” man and that the mother of your children was a “prostitute”.

Imagine that the police’s political directory did not defend you and that, quite to the contrary, it took the case investigation away from you, allowing for the English press to print the headline “Sacked!” and to renew all previous attacks with increased violence.

Imagine that the Public Ministry declared that the process would wait for the production of better evidence and that said statement was understood in England as an “acquittal” of the little girl’s parents, prompting even more attacks from the press against the “bungling cop”, “amateur” and “corrupt”, who “manufactured the case”, “made stuff up” and “ditched vital evidence”.

Have you imagined all of this? Well, then answer this question: IF YOU COULD WRITE A BOOK TO DEFEND YOUR REPUTATION, WOULD YOU WRITE IT?

Now imagine that the book was taken off the market because it damaged the little girl’s parents’ reputation

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Colonel Fabien on Sun 16 Oct - 10:26

This should be brought up in the trial. I despise Pinto Monteiro, the PGR, and Alípio Ribeiro, the director of the PJ at the time of the investigation, almost as much as I despise the McCanns. They did not hesitate to sacrifice a good man and an excellent policeman to satisfy the demands of those in power. Alípio Ribeiro, a magistrat, always thought he was better than the investigating policemen in the PJ. I think his attitude bordered on contempt.

Colonel Fabien
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 347
Age : 69
Location : Portugal
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Sun 16 Oct - 12:38

Colonel Fabien wrote:This should be brought up in the trial. I despise Pinto Monteiro, the PGR, and Alípio Ribeiro, the director of the PJ at the time of the investigation, almost as much as I despise the McCanns. They did not hesitate to sacrifice a good man and an excellent policeman to satisfy the demands of those in power. Alípio Ribeiro, a magistrat, always thought he was better than the investigating policemen in the PJ. I think his attitude bordered on contempt.


Yes I agree CF, imo as far as Snr Amaral goes......Good things come to those that wait, and Snr Amaral has been a very respectable, dignified and patiently biding his time,,,,, in Feb 2012 his time will arrive.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Sun 16 Oct - 12:53

Wasn"t it Ribiero who "turned a blind eye" to the secondary search for Madeleine which apparently is not allowed in Portugal?

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Dimsie on Mon 17 Oct - 11:22

GA has indeed the right to defend his reputation and that of the other PJ officers who worked on the case, particularly in view of the many smears and outright lies printed about him in the British press. And wasn't it someone in Team McCann who accused him of planting evidence? I can't remember offhand just who it was, maybe someone else knows? Allegations like that can't be allowed to pass unchallenged, so it's more than obvious that with all the baseless accusations flung his way GA had really no alternative but to write a book, giving a full account of the investigation and the conclusions reached during the earlier part of it. A book allows time and space to give a much truer more detailed picture than can be given in interviews.

It will certainly be a case of hoist with their own petard if the manipulation of the British press to get pro-McCann anti-Amaral stories printed ends up being used as a defence by GA in this libel trial - serve them right!

Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  fred on Mon 17 Oct - 17:06

Call me dim, if you like! BUT... why can the Mccanns literally slag/slate everyone off and it is o.k. yet, anyone (Amaral) who writes a book based on facts, be sued, yet the 'victims' if that is the correct word of kate and Gerry. ie. Mrs Fenn, Amaral, Yvonne Martin, the Gaspars etc. are all kept silent and do nothing? O.K. maybe not take them to court for libel, as they obviously don't have a bottomless fund and high profile backers like Team Mccann do, but they could surely defend themselves in the media somehow?

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4844
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Mon 17 Oct - 17:24

I"m not sure what Defence Amaral will offer, apart from the fact that his theory formed part of the PJ Final Report.

The McCanns case is that his Book suggesting Madeleine died in 5A, affected their health and that of the twins. It also meant if people believed him, it hindered the search by the Public for Madeleine.

I just wonder if any reference would be made to UK Govt. interference, Britsh Press Libel etc would be allowed as part of Amaral"s defence.

He could have sued the British Press long before he wrote his book and probably like the McCanns, made a lot of money . He could also have
accused the British Government before his book was published. He has written a book about it but neither Book has been published in the
U.K. in English. The Trial is expected to last 2 days , if I remember rightly, it is a Civil Case so there will not be a Jury.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  the slave on Tue 18 Oct - 16:05

I imagine Gerald to be most persuasive. One way or another, he has the cold dead eyes of a shark. He is menacing in my opinion. I wouldn't be amazed to hear that him and /or his goons have paid visits. Made phone calls...you get my drift.
Narcissists know NO BOUNDARIES when it comes to self preservation. NONE.

the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Age : 62
Location : upstairs
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Tue 18 Oct - 16:42

the slave wrote:I imagine Gerald to be most persuasive. One way or another, he has the cold dead eyes of a shark. He is menacing in my opinion. I wouldn't be amazed to hear that him and /or his goons have paid visits. Made phone calls...you get my drift.
Narcissists know NO BOUNDARIES when it comes to self preservation. NONE.

Hi the slave,

I doubt whether either Party will be able to stray from the main charge, Duarte is a loose cannon but even she I hope will be gagged.

The Judge who ruled that the injunction should remain is young and probably overawed by the Media interest and Duarte. This time there
will be 3 Judges who hopefully will read all the evidence and not be swayed by the "heartbroken" McCanns. Kate made a big mistake IMO having her book published before the Trial.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Wed 19 Oct - 10:25

Panda wrote:
the slave wrote:I imagine Gerald to be most persuasive. One way or another, he has the cold dead eyes of a shark. He is menacing in my opinion. I wouldn't be amazed to hear that him and /or his goons have paid visits. Made phone calls...you get my drift.
Narcissists know NO BOUNDARIES when it comes to self preservation. NONE.

Hi the slave,

I doubt whether either Party will be able to stray from the main charge, Duarte is a loose cannon but even she I hope will be gagged.

The Judge who ruled that the injunction should remain is young and probably overawed by the Media interest and Duarte. This time there
will be 3 Judges who hopefully will read all the evidence and not be swayed by the "heartbroken" McCanns. Kate made a big mistake IMO having her book published before the Trial.


I can not begin to understand who would have told her knowing this case was looming, "yes go ahead and print your book" its total rubbish nothing at all to do with helping to find Madeleine, I do hope that the 3 Judges have read Kates Book....and agree its ok for Kate to write a book but not Amaral, as usual from Gerry and Kate "do as I say not as I do"
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the McCanns pull out of this court case right at the last minute, or now that a date is fixed can they not Panda????

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  margaret on Wed 19 Oct - 10:30

I'm starting to think they'll pull out of this case at the 11th hour, citing not enough money or that they've been 'advised' they cannot win as Kates published her own book. Expect much hand wringing and sad faces.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Wed 19 Oct - 15:28

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
Panda wrote:
the slave wrote:I imagine Gerald to be most persuasive. One way or another, he has the cold dead eyes of a shark. He is menacing in my opinion. I wouldn't be amazed to hear that him and /or his goons have paid visits. Made phone calls...you get my drift.
Narcissists know NO BOUNDARIES when it comes to self preservation. NONE.

Hi the slave,

I doubt whether either Party will be able to stray from the main charge, Duarte is a loose cannon but even she I hope will be gagged.

The Judge who ruled that the injunction should remain is young and probably overawed by the Media interest and Duarte. This time there
will be 3 Judges who hopefully will read all the evidence and not be swayed by the "heartbroken" McCanns. Kate made a big mistake IMO having her book published before the Trial.


I can not begin to understand who would have told her knowing this case was looming, "yes go ahead and print your book" its total rubbish nothing at all to do with helping to find Madeleine, I do hope that the 3 Judges have read Kates Book....and agree its ok for Kate to write a book but not Amaral, as usual from Gerry and Kate "do as I say not as I do"
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the McCanns pull out of this court case right at the last minute, or now that a date is fixed can they not Panda????

I presume anyone can withdraw a complaint LilyoftheValley, but if they do they will lose face big time. As far as we know, there are no new
Detectives searching for Madeleine so what are they doing with the substantial Royalties,? I presume these will be used to pay Legal Fees.
If they do back down, it will be regarded that their case is weak and Amaral and the Publisher can claim a lot of money, both for their Legal Fees to date and the injunction affecting Sales of Amaral"s Book. Even without Kate"s Book, their case was weak:- how can they claim the whole Family"s health was affected? Also, that Amaral"s book hindered the search for Madeleine? It isn"t published in English where it would
have sold all over the World.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Wed 19 Oct - 15:35

margaret wrote:I'm starting to think they'll pull out of this case at the 11th hour, citing not enough money or that they've been 'advised' they cannot win as Kates published her own book. Expect much hand wringing and sad faces.

Hi margaret,

If, as Kate claims, she and Gerry will never give up searching for Madeleine, what reason can she give when part of her claim is that Amaral"s
book suggests Madeleine died in 5a ? This implies the Parents were complicit in her disappearance......that"s why the McCanns were suing
him, the hindering their search was a clever decoy.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  bill516 on Wed 19 Oct - 20:43

If GA wins his case, which if there is any justice in this world he should, do you think that might take the gloves off the British press. So far none of them has had the sphericals to take it to a court of law, and have settled out of court. In fact what a would a win mean as regards global libel ?, would it mean no libel in Portugal, then no libel in any part of the world or would it then boil down to individual Countries and their laws. What as if has been suggested they pull out at the last minute. There would be no judicial ruling other than the win by default as they did not prove their case, or is a win by default an official result?. Would this mean that the Mcs and the PR machine can still go around and state that they were still libelled and try law suits on with anybody who does not follow 'the' line, especially outside of Portugal.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Wed 19 Oct - 21:01

bill516 wrote:If GA wins his case, which if there is any justice in this world he should, do you think that might take the gloves off the British press. So far none of them has had the sphericals to take it to a court of law, and have settled out of court. In fact what a would a win mean as regards global libel ?, would it mean no libel in Portugal, then no libel in any part of the world or would it then boil down to individual Countries and their laws. What as if has been suggested they pull out at the last minute. There would be no judicial ruling other than the win by default as they did not prove their case, or is a win by default an official result?. Would this mean that the Mcs and the PR machine can still go around and state that they were still libelled and try law suits on with anybody who does not follow 'the' line, especially outside of Portugal.

Hi bill516

I read a long time ago that Matthew Parris of The Spectator said the British Press when they were in PDL were not allowed to ask questions,
they were given a daily Bulletin by the first PR SpokesWoman ( I can"t remember her name!) then Clarence . Parris said if ever it was found that
the McCanns were guilty the Press would be merciless.

I think the question of Libel can only be tried in the Country it originated so if Amaral wins his case he can publish his book around the World, including the U.K. Therefore the McCanns can"t go to another Country and sue for Libel.

If the Mccanns pull out at the last minute Amaral can sue for a lot of money. the greedy McCanns wanted damages claim of E1.2 million
set aside , so if they withdraw their claim Amaral can sue for distress to he and his Family, loss of earnings because of the injunction ,Legal
costs incurred in the initial injunction hearing, appeal, and a further appeal to the Apellate Court.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  bill516 on Wed 19 Oct - 22:13

Thanks for that Panda, so would that mean the gloves would be off for the UK press, they could print the facts as they stand without fear of libel or being Rucked. I do hope so I would just love both sides of the story to be told so people could make an informed decision on the facts and not just what they have been told from one source.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Badboy on Wed 19 Oct - 22:17

Panda wrote:
bill516 wrote:If GA wins his case, which if there is any justice in this world he should, do you think that might take the gloves off the British press. So far none of them has had the sphericals to take it to a court of law, and have settled out of court. In fact what a would a win mean as regards global libel ?, would it mean no libel in Portugal, then no libel in any part of the world or would it then boil down to individual Countries and their laws. What as if has been suggested they pull out at the last minute. There would be no judicial ruling other than the win by default as they did not prove their case, or is a win by default an official result?. Would this mean that the Mcs and the PR machine can still go around and state that they were still libelled and try law suits on with anybody who does not follow 'the' line, especially outside of Portugal.

Hi bill516

I read a long time ago that Matthew Parris of The Spectator said the British Press when they were in PDL were not allowed to ask questions,
they were given a daily Bulletin by the first PR SpokesWoman ( I can"t remember her name!) then Clarence . Parris said if ever it was found that
the McCanns were guilty the Press would be merciless.

I think the question of Libel can only be tried in the Country it originated so if Amaral wins his case he can publish his book around the World, including the U.K. Therefore the McCanns can"t go to another Country and sue for Libel.

If the Mccanns pull out at the last minute Amaral can sue for a lot of money. the greedy McCanns wanted damages claim of E1.2 million
set aside , so if they withdraw their claim Amaral can sue for distress to he and his Family, loss of earnings because of the injunction ,Legal
costs incurred in the initial injunction hearing, appeal, and a further appeal to the Apellate Court.
SHERREE DODD OR JUSTINE GUINESS WAS THE SPOKESWOMAN,METHINKS

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7734
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Thu 20 Oct - 0:01

Thanks BadBoy, Justine is the pne I was thinking of.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Matthew Parris

Post  comperedna on Thu 20 Oct - 13:15

Panda... He is such a right on and honourable writer that I would think that what he said is almost certain to be true. He made several sensible comments in print on the case many moons ago.

comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 855
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Panda on Thu 20 Oct - 13:33

comperedna wrote:Panda... He is such a right on and honourable writer that I would think that what he said is almost certain to be true. He made several sensible comments in print on the case many moons ago.

Hi comperedna,

Yes, Amaral has shown remarkable restraint , especially when the British Press .......Uum, I just realised, are we talking about Amaral or Parris?
LOL Yes, Parris is a quietly spoken articulate Man.

Perhaps, comperedna, just perhaps, this Trial will be the undoing of the McCanns, let"s just hope it is not held incamera. I think we"d better
book a flight just in case.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting reading with the Amaral/McCann Court Case looming

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:44


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum