Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Durbin

Go down

Luke Durbin - Page 2 Empty Re: Luke Durbin

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 0:23

Luke Derbin went missing on May 11, when he was 19. His mother, Nicki, 37, is divorced and lives with her daughter, Alicia, 17, in Hollesley, Suffolk. She writes:
Dear Luke
Wandering around the shops, I see all the gifts I long to buy for your stocking and I want to weep. I can't bear not to buy presents because that would be admitting you might not be coming back. But the thought of those parcels lying unopened under the tree is too painful to think about.
We've even contemplated not celebrating at all. But nothing is going to stop Christmas for the rest of the world, even though you're gone. And you were my world. I can't tell you how many times a minute I think of you and long to have you back, safe at home.
We got through your 20th birthday on December 4 with a lot of tears, but I know Christmas without you is going to be even more painful. The only thing keeping me sane is knowing that our last evening together was so wonderful.
You were going out for the night with your old school friends - Alex, who's a trainee chef at Claridges, and Zac, an estate agent.
Listening to you chatting on the phone, your laugh was so infectious that Alicia and I found ourselves laughing, too. I grabbed you for a hug. "I'm so proud of you," I said, feeling blessed.
I've brought you up alone since your father and I separated when you were six and Alicia was three. You've barely seen him since but, while there's obviously been a gap in your life, I've done my best to fill it.
We've never had lots of money because I chose a simple life in the country, centred on you and Alicia - believing I could keep you safe.
Yes, we've had our ups and downs over the years. But I can say those last six months before you disappeared were among the happiest of my life.
You seemed so focused. I'd been disappointed when, after leaving Farlingaye High School, Woodbridge, you abandoned a music technology course at Colchester Institute within a year. Music had always been your passion. But I understood that commuting was exhausting.
After that, you drifted. I've never believed the world owed me or my children a living and I told you so. But then last spring you got a job at a lovely little greengrocer and delicatessen in Aldeburgh and the transformation was astonishing.
With new responsibilities, you blossomed. As the door slammed behind you that evening in May, I didn't think I needed to say: "Make sure you're at work on Saturday morning."
You planned to spend the night at Alex's family home in Woodbridge, ten miles away. You left your motorbike there, along with a change of clothes and your mobile phone.
The three of you had a drink in a local pub before taking a taxi to a nightclub in Ipswich. En route, Alex decided he'd had enough to drink and returned home, leaving you and Zac in the club.
Somehow, during the evening, you got separated. The police think you left at 2am. You had no money - you'd spent everything, expecting a lift home with your friends.
I wept when the police showed me CCTV footage of you at a taxi rank. You were chatting to a passenger, using all your charm to try to cadge a lift with him. Understandably, he refused. But you shake his hand to show there are no hard feelings.
That's you all over - funny, easygoing and so affectionate. The receptionist at the taxi office suggested you ring me for my credit card number to pay for the ride.
"Oh no. I don't want to wake Mum," you said. How that hurts. I'd have paid the earth to have you home safe.
There's one last sighting of you at 4am walking casually across a zebra croossing. Then nothing. You thought you were so streetwise, but you were just 19, a slim 5ft 10in.
Did you accept a lift home with a stranger? Did you get in a fight? The police are baffled. Your friends Zac and Alex are in pieces. They blame themselves. As for Alicia and me, at first the shock carried us through.
Now every minute of every day I'm engulfed in despair. Only Alicia keeps me going. She's lost her brother. She can't lose her mother, too. How proud you'd be of her. She's taking driving lessons and studying hard to re-sit her AS levels in January. She was too distraught after you disappeared.
I treasure one special memory of you. Last year, you were helping at a concert at your old school. You noticed one of the musicians - a lad of 11 - was so nervous he couldn't tune his guitar. You rushed on stage to help him. You'd sensed his embarrassment and couldn't bear it.
You've always been so sensitive. Alicia is convinced you'll be home for Christmas. I try to share her faith. I leave the sitting room light on every night to guide you home.
I'll make sure the fairy lights are twinkling, too. I can't bear to think of you out there in the dark, alone and frightened. I didn't know hearts could ache. But mine does, every second of every day.
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 1604
Warning :
 Luke Durbin - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Luke Durbin - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 0:23

Luke Durbin - Page 2 24951_10
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :
 Luke Durbin - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Luke Durbin - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  milly Mon 24 Oct - 0:24

LUKE DURBIN

Luke Durbin - Page 2 Uk020611 Luke Durbin - Page 2 Uk020612
Case Type: Missing From Home
DOB: 04-Dec-1986
Missing Date: 11-May-2006
Sex: Male
Age Now: 23
Height: 178 cm (5'10")
Missing City: WOODBRIDGE
Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)
Missing County : SUFFOLK
Hair Colour: Brown
Missing Country: United Kingdom
Eye Colour: Blue
Case Number: UK0206SUF011540
Circumstances: Luke went to the Zest nightclub, Ipswich on 11th May 2006 with friends and has not been seen since the early hours of 12th May 2006 when he became separated from his friends. This is totally out of character for Luke and both the police and his family are very concerned for his welfare. He is described as slim build and has brown hair. When he was last seen he was wearing, blue/grey sweatshirt, blue jeans and brown suede shoes. The additional photograph on the poster is also of Luke.

http://uk.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=06SUF011540&orgPrefix=UK02&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_GB&searchLang=en_GB
milly
milly
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down