Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs?

+21
Wintabells
Loopdaloop
pennylane
gillyspot
Bobsy
Angelina
mummy45
duncanmac
AnnaEsse
kitti
marxman
Christine
Dimsie
Angelique
mumbles
HiDeHo
jeanmonroe
chrissie
Keela
fuzeta
Panda
25 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Empty Re: Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs?

Post  kathybelle Mon 14 Nov - 23:12

Wintabells wrote:
kathybelle wrote: Katherine Gaspar then took her story to the Euro Weekly News...

Did she? I thought she reported her story to the appropriate authorities, ie. the police. I'm shocked if she sold her story to a newspaper. Is it more likely that the story was leaked to the press?

Hi Wintabells, I did say in my post that Katherine Gaspar made a statement to the Leicestershire police, I don't know the reasons why she told her story to the Euro Weekly. I also said in my post that I didn't know if she sold her story. It has been pointed out to me that the Euro Weekly is a free newspaper for expats living abroad, so on that basis I can only presume that Katherine Gaspar may not have received any money for her story.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :
Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Empty Re: Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs?

Post  gillyspot Tue 15 Nov - 0:38

Katherina Gaspar made her statement to Leicestershire Police on 16th May 2007 but they only passed it to Portuguese Police on 24th October 2007 (for reasons of their own)

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATERINA-PAYNE-INCIDENT.htm

There is no evidence of Leics Police actually doing any following up but that may be in the withheld files. (note this is the only statement that says "alleged" though - for whatever reason)
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 15 Nov - 2:45

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/euro-weekly-news-gaspars-on-david-payne.html

According to Joana Morais, the Gaspar story appeared in Euro Weekly News, 21st to 27 January 2009, Costa Blanca - Edition 1281 (page 10) & Mallorca - Edition 1281 (page 16)

The Gaspar statements are in the PJ case files which were released into the public domain on 4th August 2008.

There is no evidence to suggest that the Gaspars 'took' their story to the press.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 15 Nov - 8:59

Wintabells wrote:http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/euro-weekly-news-gaspars-on-david-payne.html

According to Joana Morais, the Gaspar story appeared in Euro Weekly News, 21st to 27 January 2009, Costa Blanca - Edition 1281 (page 10) & Mallorca - Edition 1281 (page 16)

The Gaspar statements are in the PJ case files which were released into the public domain on 4th August 2008.

There is no evidence to suggest that the Gaspars 'took' their story to the press.

I had a link where Katherine Gaspar explained why she took the story to a European newspaper, but along with other links to this case and other information, it disappeared. In the link Mrs Gaspar explains why she told her story to the newspaper.

I will try to find information regarding Katherine Gaspar's decision to tell her story to the newspaper.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Tue 15 Nov - 9:48

Bringing the Gaspar statement to the attention of the wider public, even if to dispute it, would be suicide for the McCanns. It would be a long, drawn out process and even if by some miracle they could 'prove' Gerry and David made no such gestures (though how, I have no idea), the P word would have already become ingrained in the public consciousness. And many people live by the mantra 'no smoke without fire'. Indeed I'm sure many people on the forums would still continue to believe Mrs Gaspar, regardless of any court decision. The money for the fund would have plummeted.

The vast majority of the public currently have no idea that paedophilia is even a factor in the case. As long as the McCanns and Payne ignore the Gaspar statement it stays that way. Whether they are guilty or innocent it's the shrewd move. I'm sure that's what their lawyers have advised them. People are their own judge and jury these days.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 15 Nov - 9:57

kathybelle wrote:
Wintabells wrote:http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/euro-weekly-news-gaspars-on-david-payne.html

I had a link where Katherine Gaspar explained why she took the story to a European newspaper, but along with other links to this case and other information, it disappeared. In the link Mrs Gaspar explains why she told her story to the newspaper.

I will try to find information regarding Katherine Gaspar's decision to tell her story to the newspaper.

Blimey, now this I got to see, kathybelle! I'm surprised it hasn't had a major impact here and elsewhere if it is 'out there.' Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 29204
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 15 Nov - 10:41

pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Blimey, now this I got to see, kathybelle! I'm surprised it hasn't had a major impact here and elsewhere if it is 'out there.' Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 29204

The point I have been trying to make all along is David Payne and Gerry McCann who must have been aware that Katherine Gaspar made those allegations against David Payne, remained silent when the article appeared in the European newspaper. To allege that someone makes a paedophilia gesture against a child who eventually goes missing, is a very serious allegation.

It doesn't matter whether Katherine Gaspar told her story to the European newspaper, or the newspaper obtained the story from looking at the files, the point is this, the story did appear in a newspaper and Katherine Gaspar made the serious allegation against David Payne. I know nothing about David Payne, but I do know Gerry and Kate McCann will sue at the drop of a hat, if they have an opportunity.

Leicestershire police took Katherine Gaspar seriously, when they took the statement from her, but for reasons best known to themselves, they never passed on the statement to the Portuguese police until after the McCanns were out of Portugal. The point is why did the Leicestershire police not send this statement to the PJ as soon as they received it? Maybe Scotland Yard will unearth that fact now they are conducting the review.

There is something deeply sinister about this case. One only has to look at the speed the British Government got involved with the case and intervened, when the PJ wanted to prosecute the McCanns for their part in Madeleine's disappearance. The point is why did the Government intervene when the PJ wanted to prosecute the McCanns? They committed a serious crime against their 3 children which lead to the disappearance of Madeleine. The Government didn't intervene when the British football fan was prosecuted for taking part in a riot and when he came home, they made sure he returned to serve a jail sentence.

However serious the football fan's behaviour was deemed to be in Portugal, it was not as serious as the behaviour the McCanns inflicted on their 3 children. The McCanns have been protected from day one. No British newspaper dares to print anything about the McCanns that shows them in a bad light, because they have people like Rupert Murdoch on their side. No British or American publisher will publish Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie" even though Dr Amaral won his appeals against the banning of the book.

The McCanns lawyer, Isabel Duarte has refused to hand over the 7,500 copies of the book she has in her possession, even though she has been ordered to hand them over by the judge at the Supreme Court. I can only presume she is acting on behalf of the McCanns when refused to hand over those books.

Why are the McCanns so protected? Madeleine obviously meant nothing to the McCanns because they have sullied her memory by using her as a cash cow. Her life obviously meant nothing to all the people who are protecting the McCanns including the "Powers that be" who don't want the McCanns to face justice, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance.

Regarding the football fan, I am aware that there is more to his story.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 15 Nov - 11:08

kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

The point I have been trying to make all along is David Payne and Gerry McCann who must have been aware that Katherine Gaspar made those allegations against David Payne, remained silent when the article appeared in the European newspaper. To allege that someone makes a paedophilia gesture against a child who eventually goes missing, is a very serious allegation.

It doesn't matter whether Katherine Gaspar told her story to the European newspaper, or the newspaper obtained the story from looking at the files, the point is this, the story did appear in a newspaper and Katherine Gaspar made the serious allegation against David Payne. I know nothing about David Payne, but I do know Gerry and Kate McCann will sue at the drop of a hat, if they have an opportunity.

Leicestershire police took Katherine Gaspar seriously, when they took the statement from her, but for reasons best known to themselves, they never passed on the statement to the Portuguese police until after the McCanns were out of Portugal. The point is why did the Leicestershire police not send this statement to the PJ as soon as they received it? Maybe Scotland Yard will unearth that fact now they are conducting the review.

There is something deeply sinister about this case. One only has to look at the speed the British Government got involved with the case and intervened, when the PJ wanted to prosecute the McCanns for their part in Madeleine's disappearance. The point is why did the Government intervene when the PJ wanted to prosecute the McCanns? They committed a serious crime against their 3 children which lead to the disappearance of Madeleine. The Government didn't intervene when the British football fan was prosecuted for taking part in a riot and when he came home, they made sure he returned to serve a jail sentence.

However serious the football fan's behaviour was deemed to be in Portugal, it was not as serious as the behaviour the McCanns inflicted on their 3 children. The McCanns have been protected from day one. No British newspaper dares to print anything about the McCanns that shows them in a bad light, because they have people like Rupert Murdoch on their side. No British or American publisher will publish Goncalo Amaral's book "The Truth of the Lie" even though Dr Amaral won his appeals against the banning of the book.

The McCanns lawyer, Isabel Duarte has refused to hand over the 7,500 copies of the book she has in her possession, even though she has been ordered to hand them over by the judge at the Supreme Court. I can only presume she is acting on behalf of the McCanns when refused to hand over those books.

Why are the McCanns so protected? Madeleine obviously meant nothing to the McCanns because they have sullied her memory by using her as a cash cow. Her life obviously meant nothing to all the people who are protecting the McCanns including the "Powers that be" who don't want the McCanns to face justice, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance.

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 306321 Oh OK Kathy, I remember the story being released in a European newspaper because it was discussed here and elsewhere, it was the alleged source that made me do a double take.

You are quite right in everything you have said in your post. This very serious allegation by a fellow doctor when a child has disappeared should have rang alarm bells and put Leicester Police in red alert mode!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 15 Nov - 18:09

pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 306321 Oh OK Kathy, I remember the story being released in a European newspaper because it was discussed here and elsewhere, it was the alleged source that made me do a double take.

You are quite right in everything you have said in your post. This very serious allegation by a fellow doctor when a child has disappeared should have rang alarm bells and put Leicester Police in red alert mode!

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 306321 Pennylane, you are right Leicester police should have been in red alert mode, when they took the statement off Katherine Gaspar, I can only think they weren't, because one of Gerry McCann's friends was and maybe still is a very senior officer in the Leicestershire police. I don't know if you can remember, but Gerry McCann was asked to speak at the National Police Federation Bravery Awards and he received a standing ovation.

I was disgusted at this news, whoever invited McCann to speak at this event, knew that he and his wife, were the cause of Madeleine's disappearance, whether she was abducted or not. I could never understand McCann, getting a standing ovation, because many of the officers who stood up, would have had to deal with children who had died or been harmed, because their parents had failed to look after them. I can only presume that the senior officer, who was Gerry McCann's friend had something to do with this farce.

I don't know the name of Gerry McCann's friend or which branch of the Leicestershire police force he works for.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Tue 15 Nov - 22:34

Loveday wrote:
It's not actually a serious allegation though. No matter how repulsive you or I find it, it isn't actually serious in the eyes of the law. Even if they were saying and gesticulating what she claims, it's not against any law.

As doctors they could possibly be struck off by the GMC.

However you can't look at this gesticulation in isolation, you have to look at it alongside the other facts we are aware off.
One of the main things I think of is Yvonne Martin's statments.

It is too much of a coincidence for me that she claims she has come across David Payne through her line of work
AND: Gaspars statement occuring and them both being two isolated incidents.

[I'm aware that she 'couldn't say where exactly' but I interpret that to mean it was more than her jobs worth to say exactly, however I'm aware of the type of paperwork which as a social worker she would have had access to and the tangle of secrecy and 'reported incidents' which nobody has been charged by the police about that thery contain]

One paedophilia slur; mistake perhaps? but two? there's no smoke without fire.
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Tue 15 Nov - 23:50

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t8423-statement-of-yvonne-martin

^ link to YM's statements.

Interesting that Kate told her Madeleine had been abducted by a couple, hence, perhaps, 'they've taken her.'

Also YM seems to be saying she thinks she remembers DP 'intervening' in connection with something to do with YM's line of work.

With regards to the individual who was close to Madeleine’s parents when she met them, and who was later identified as David Payne, she reaffirms that the same individual seems familiar, possibly as this same individual intervened in a situation related to a professional activity of the witness. She clarifies that neither on that occasion, nor now that time has passed, can she remember concretely the place or the situation in which she may have come to know David Payne, but that she continues to think that the same individual is familiar to her but cannot state the particular situation.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 16 Nov - 7:15

kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 306321 Pennylane, you are right Leicester police should have been in red alert mode, when they took the statement off Katherine Gaspar, I can only think they weren't, because one of Gerry McCann's friends was and maybe still is a very senior officer in the Leicestershire police. I don't know if you can remember, but Gerry McCann was asked to speak at the National Police Federation Bravery Awards and he received a standing ovation.

I was disgusted at this news, whoever invited McCann to speak at this event, knew that he and his wife, were the cause of Madeleine's disappearance, whether she was abducted or not. I could never understand McCann, getting a standing ovation, because many of the officers who stood up, would have had to deal with children who had died or been harmed, because their parents had failed to look after them. I can only presume that the senior officer, who was Gerry McCann's friend had something to do with this farce.

I don't know the name of Gerry McCann's friend or which branch of the Leicestershire police force he works for.

I don't believe there was a standing ovation. Gerry spoke right at the very end, when people would be standing up to leave anyway. I think the "standing ovation" is Mitchellspeak. I do think that it was a big mistake to invite him to speak at all, though, and I bet a lot of coppers at that do were pretty disgusted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Wed 16 Nov - 7:29

Iris wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
pennylane wrote:

I don't believe there was a standing ovation. Gerry spoke right at the very end, when people would be standing up to leave anyway. I think the "standing ovation" is Mitchellspeak. I do think that it was a big mistake to invite him to speak at all, though, and I bet a lot of coppers at that do were pretty disgusted.

Good morning Iris, I think you're probably right, Mitchell does have a habit of spinning a yarn where the McCanns are concerned.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 16 Nov - 10:29

Loveday wrote:Bringing the Gaspar statement to the attention of the wider public, even if to dispute it, would be suicide for the McCanns. It would be a long, drawn out process and even if by some miracle they could 'prove' Gerry and David made no such gestures (though how, I have no idea), the P word would have already become ingrained in the public consciousness. And many people live by the mantra 'no smoke without fire'. Indeed I'm sure many people on the forums would still continue to believe Mrs Gaspar, regardless of any court decision. The money for the fund would have plummeted.

The vast majority of the public currently have no idea that paedophilia is even a factor in the case. As long as the McCanns and Payne ignore the Gaspar statement it stays that way. Whether they are guilty or innocent it's the shrewd move. I'm sure that's what their lawyers have advised them. People are their own judge and jury these days.

That's twice you've said Payne and McCanns are 'shrewd'. There's nothing shrewd about that lot.

I'll say it again, if those gestures were made about Robert Murat would the McCanns 'shrewdly' ignore it? Nope.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Wed 16 Nov - 11:14

According to Kate it was The Sun that was handing out these bravery awards. It was The Sun that invited Gerry.
In Kate's bewk she says so.
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 16 Nov - 13:33

Gotta be troo then.... Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 23324 Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 23324 Kate was prescribed antipsychotic drugs? - Page 5 23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Loveday Fri 18 Nov - 18:07

margaret wrote:
Loveday wrote:Bringing the Gaspar statement to the attention of the wider public, even if to dispute it, would be suicide for the McCanns. It would be a long, drawn out process and even if by some miracle they could 'prove' Gerry and David made no such gestures (though how, I have no idea), the P word would have already become ingrained in the public consciousness. And many people live by the mantra 'no smoke without fire'. Indeed I'm sure many people on the forums would still continue to believe Mrs Gaspar, regardless of any court decision. The money for the fund would have plummeted.

That's twice you've said Payne and McCanns are 'shrewd'. There's nothing shrewd about that lot.

I'll say it again, if those gestures were made about Robert Murat would the McCanns 'shrewdly' ignore it? Nope.

Well we disagree, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But thanks for letting me know you can count.
Loveday
Loveday
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 300
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5