Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  Karen on Mon 14 Nov - 10:15

According to Sky News the lawyers for the McScams will be in the court today to hear evidence re: phone hacking!

Me thinks McCanns are sh*tting themselves their calls were monitored!


Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Location : The Netherlands
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  pipstar1 on Mon 14 Nov - 10:37

Why are they linking themselves to someone who was sadly murdered? I thought they wanted everyone to think that M was "alive and findable". They are rather closer to the hacked celebs. Wonder though whether any interesting hacked Mc Cann and co. conversations could be used to further the "investigation".

pipstar1
Newbie
Newbie

Number of posts : 49
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  gillyspot on Mon 14 Nov - 19:08

Gerry is going to speak at the enquiry and tell them all about the media after Madeleine's "abduction"

"Gerry McCann will give evidence about the media frenzy following the disappearance of his daughter"

http://www.channel4.com/news/why-im-giving-evidence-at-the-leveson-inquiry

It doesn't matter that he has already given evidence to thCommons Culture, Media and Sports Committee and been paid handsome for his "suffering".

These McCann's would go to the opening of an envelope if it gave them some more publicity (for them not for Madeleine sadly).

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  NoStone on Mon 14 Nov - 19:31

I thought this a rather odd statement by Leveson:-

In opening remarks, he reiterated: "I fully consider freedom of expression and freedom of the press to be fundamental to our democracy. But that freedom must be exercised with the rights of others in mind."http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15715348

Within the rights of which others?? Who are the 'others'??

Freedom of speech has no boundaries - that's why its called freedom of speech!! This is worrying! Phone hacking is nothing to do with freedom of speech, it is an illegal infringement of an individuals privacy - of thier human rights - so why are the two things being muddled up right at the start of the inquiry??

Lord Justice Leveson said concerns had been raised that the press might target those who spoke out against it during the inquiry.

"I have absolutely no wish to stifle freedom of speech and expression, but I anticipate that monitoring will take place of press coverage over the months to come.

"And if it appears that those concerns are made out, without objective justification, it might be appropriate to draw the conclusion that these vital rights are being abused, which itself would provide evidence of culture, practice and ethics which could be relevant to my ultimate recommendations."


I am sorry Lord Justice Leveson - can you run that past me again please??? I am all for freedom of plain english speech!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 14 Nov - 20:13

gillyspot wrote:Gerry is going to speak at the enquiry and tell them all about the media after Madeleine's "abduction"

"Gerry McCann will give evidence about the media frenzy following the disappearance of his daughter"

http://www.channel4.com/news/why-im-giving-evidence-at-the-leveson-inquiry

It doesn't matter that he has already given evidence to thCommons Culture, Media and Sports Committee and been paid handsome for his "suffering".

These McCann's would go to the opening of an envelope if it gave them some more publicity (for them not for Madeleine sadly).

The McCanns alerted the media themselves and organised their photo sessions. They even told Sky News when they were leaving Portugal, what flight they'd be on. Gerry stated that Madeleine's eye defect was a good marketing ploy. They went in for marketing and now they're talking about the media frenzy as though it was none of their doing!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 14 Nov - 20:15

if it was true that the Murdoch & Co were protecting the Mcs by not printing anything negative, why would the McCanns be sticking there size 10's in now, I really don't understand this???? and as already said why would they get involved, connecting themselves with the Milly Dowler and Sarah Payne hacking,when both children were MURDERED I would have thought they would be keeping a very wide berth,

.....Imo its all about publicity and money at the end of the day,sadly.

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  AnnaEsse on Mon 14 Nov - 20:17

Lillyofthevalley wrote:if it was true that the Murdoch & Co were protecting the Mcs by not printing anything negative, why would the McCanns be sticking there size 10's in now, I really don't understand this???? and as already said why would they get involved, connecting themselves with the Milly Dowler and Sarah Payne hacking,when both children were MURDERED I would have thought they would be keeping a very wide berth,

.....Imo its all about publicity and money at the end of the day,sadly.

I just think that if there is the slightest chance of comp..en...sation the McCanns will be panting at the doors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18459
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Mon 14 Nov - 20:28

AnnaEsse wrote:
gillyspot wrote:Gerry is going to speak at the enquiry and tell them all about the media after Madeleine's "abduction"

"Gerry McCann will give evidence about the media frenzy following the disappearance of his daughter"

http://www.channel4.com/news/why-im-giving-evidence-at-the-leveson-inquiry

It doesn't matter that he has already given evidence to thCommons Culture, Media and Sports Committee and been paid handsome for his "suffering".

These McCann's would go to the opening of an envelope if it gave them some more publicity (for them not for Madeleine sadly).

The McCanns alerted the media themselves and organised their photo sessions. They even told Sky News when they were leaving Portugal, what flight they'd be on. Gerry stated that Madeleine's eye defect was a good marketing ploy. They went in for marketing and now they're talking about the media frenzy as though it was none of their doing!

Sky News all media/papers all know what the McCanns marketing ploys where/are, they stand back let them do it, they stand back let the McCanns blame them, they stand back and let the McCanns speak infront of the PCC, and finally they will let them McCanns and Lawyers stand/speak at the leveson Inquiry, guess what,,,, they will still stand back and do NOTHING.......................

BUT NOT GONCALO AMARAL AND PAT BROWN.........Bring on Feb 2012

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  gillyspot on Mon 14 Nov - 20:38

Also remember the PCC (Press Complaints Commission) got serious complaints (not from me) regarding the McCann case. This despite the fact that Adam Tudor of Carter-Ruck had persuaded them to sue rather than get the PCC involved. Thus the PCC were left with their hands tied because the McCanns' themselves wouldn't make a complaint (they'd rather get in the £££'s to their "fund").

Mind I don't expect that will be mentioned by Gerry or his best mate Adam to the enquiry.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  Dimsie on Mon 14 Nov - 20:55

AnnaEsse wrote:
The McCanns alerted the media themselves and organised their photo sessions. They even told Sky News when they were leaving Portugal, what flight they'd be on. Gerry stated that Madeleine's eye defect was a good marketing ploy. They went in for marketing and now they're talking about the media frenzy as though it was none of their doing!
Yes, of course they were responsible for the media frenzy, since they went for maximum publicity and you can't have maximum publicity without the media, can you? I've a feeling if they start complaining now about the media they'll find themselves getting some very pertinent comments in various newspaper websites when their complaints are reported.

Of course, we could all be quite wrong - maybe they're going to thank the media for doing a good job on the publicity front for them, and not just the media but all these forums as well. After all, forums such as this one are at the forefront of keeping Madeleine's profile high - anyone can come here and read all about the disappearance and the investigation. Maybe they'll thank us for all our help!

I really hope they tear into the media in their usual thick-headed fashion, forgetting that biting the hand that feels you is never a good idea, not in the long run anyway.

Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Location : N Ireland
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  contrary on Mon 14 Nov - 21:02

IF they were not hacked and the whole world and his dog were (allegedly) hacked - WHY were they not hacked??!!

contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 189
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  gillyspot on Mon 14 Nov - 21:10

Possibly because there is a good chance that their phone calls (& voicemails) were intercepted by Leicestershire Police on behalf of the PJ.

Jon Clements blob in 2009 Mirror

"Who was listening to Kate and Gerry McCann?"
A few days ago I received an interesting letter from Leicestershire police about the Madeleine McCann investigation.

I had asked them, in July, if they had got any warrants (under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act) to use surveillance powers - such as phone tapping and email interception on behalf of the Portuguese police.
The force initially stalled saying it needed to "consult other Agencies" before replying.

After a six month delay, Leicestershire has now claimed it is exempt from Freedom of Information laws in this case due to "national security".

I've put in dozens of FoI requests to police forces over the years, some you get and some you don't but "national security" is a new one on me.

To make matters even murkier, Leicestershire claimed a second exemption because the information I requested could relate to "the Security bodies".

A quick look at the FoI Act reveals "Security bodies" are MI5, MI6, GCHQ (pictured above), special forces (such as the SAS) and the Serious Organised Crime Agency.

Hmm.

Despite claiming these exemptions, Leicestershire seem at pains to neither confirm nor deny they hold any information relevant to my request anyway.

Check out (slowly I suggest) the tortuous conclusion to the three page letter explaining their stance.

"It is our decision that the Leicestershire Constabulary must maintain a position of neither confirming nor denying that any relevant information is held and that this response, which neither confirms nor denies that information is held, should not be taken as conclusive evidence that the information you have requested exists or does not exist".

Thanks, but I think that is a rather long-winded way of saying Foxtrot Oscar.

However, it does beg the question just who was bugging the McCanns after they returned from Praia da Luz?

And what has the answer got to do with national security?"

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/anything-you-say/mccann/

Link to Leics Police response

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/anything-you-say/CSS/mccannfoi.pdf

As you say they weren't hacked not according to Clarrie the Spin anyway. I bet they weren't best pleased by his comment.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  kathybelle on Mon 14 Nov - 21:13

AnnaEsse wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:if it was true that the Murdoch & Co were protecting the Mcs by not printing anything negative, why would the McCanns be sticking there size 10's in now, I really don't understand this???? and as already said why would they get involved, connecting themselves with the Milly Dowler and Sarah Payne hacking,when both children were MURDERED I would have thought they would be keeping a very wide berth,

.....Imo its all about publicity and money at the end of the day,sadly.

I just think that if there is the slightest chance of comp..en...sation the McCanns will be panting at the doors.

I'm waiting to see what happens on the 9th and the 10th of February 2012, when the McCanns libel trial hearings begin. Goncalo Amaral said a while ago that he would be calling the McCanns to the witness stand so he could question them. If they weren't sh*****g themselves in court today, they will be when Dr Amaral begins to question them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the McCanns dropped their libel case against Dr Amaral, in my opinion the last thing the McCanns want, is to be questioned by Dr Amaral in a Portuguese court. Especially as they have lost two appeals regarding his book "The Truth of the Lie" and a malicious accusation against him, by them, was also thrown out of court.

In 2007, the McCanns were all set to sue a Portuguese tabloid newspaper, Tal & Qual, for defamation, because the newspaper printed a headline in August 2007, which said "Police believe the parents killed Maddie. The McCanns dropped the case, after they were advised that the paper had a strong defence under Portuguese law. Let's hope Goncalo Amaral has the same defence, because if he hasn't the McCanns will end up with his house and most of his money.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns Laywer to attend Court re: Leveson Enquiry

Post  Sponsored content Today at 16:37


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum