Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant 'man' pregnant again

Go down

Pregnant 'man' pregnant again Empty Pregnant 'man' pregnant again

Post  Guest Sat 15 Nov - 14:34

Friday, 14 November 2008 18:31
Thomas Beatie, who was born a woman but lives as a man in Oregon after surgery and hormone treatment, is expecting a second child.

Mr Beatie told his good news to US television presenter Barbara Walters during an interview set to air tonight (click here to watch a preview).

The 34-year-old, who is legally a man but kept female reproductive organs when he had a sex-change operation 10 years ago, is in his first trimester of pregnancy.

With his thin beard, Mr Beatie made headlines around the world and was dubbed the 'pregnant man' before giving birth to a baby girl on 29 June.

He told Ms Walters that after giving birth he did not go back on the male hormone testosterone that he took after his sex change, because he wanted to have another baby.

'I feel good,' Mr Beatie told Ms Walters. 'I had my checkups with my hormone level, as far as the hCG. And everything is right on track.'

Beatie was referring to human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone which is produced in women during pregnancy.

He said that the new baby is due on 12 June.

Mr Beatie married his wife Nancy five years ago. She was unable to conceive because of a prior hysterectomy.

He has said that is why he had a baby himself, through artificial insemination using donor sperm and Mr Beatie's own egg.

The couple live in Bend, Oregon, and have lead a quiet life since the birth of their baby girl, Susan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pregnant 'man' pregnant again Empty Re: Pregnant 'man' pregnant again

Post  Guest Sat 15 Nov - 16:37

Explain that to your children when they are older and hopefully their friends at school will understand and not pick on them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 0:37

Pregnant 'man' pregnant again 00020294

Is this guy for real?? Either be a man, or be a woman, you can't be both!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 8:14

What a misfit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 16 Nov - 12:14

ITs a hard one for him to explain to his kids when they are older. I just hope the kids dont get stick
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down