Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

+36
HiDeHo
maebee
Annabel
Badboy
pennylane
jay2001
marxman
Colonel Fabien
margaret
tanszi
Me
dazedandconfused
Lioned
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
Chris
blossom45
chrissie
contrary
Keela
ann_chovey
mummy45
mulberry babe
Lillyofthevalley
halfamo
Thistledown
Nic
wjk
almostgothic
NoStone
interested
the slave
gillyspot
xtina
Wintabells
nospinnaker
40 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Empty Re: Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

Post  Chris Wed 23 Nov - 16:10

So what did we learn today:

1. There were cash damages received from the Evening Standard for libel
2. There were cash damages received from the NotW for publishing K's diary.
3. Rebecca Brooks appears to have interceded with Cameron for a SY review in return for getting serialisation rights.
4. Serialisation rights were excluded from the Transworld contract so presumably the McC's received payment.
5. Gerry supports free speech Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124

Last edited by Chris on Wed 23 Nov - 16:15; edited 5 times in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Empty Re: Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry!

Post  contrary Wed 23 Nov - 16:11

5. Gerry supports free speech

So RETURN Amaral's books then!!
contrary
contrary
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 195
Warning :
Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Nov - 16:12

Chris wrote:So what did we learn today:

1. There were cash damages received from the Evening standard for libel
3. Rebecca Brook's appears to have interceded with Cameroon for a SY review in return for getting serialisation rights.
4. Serialisation rights were excluded from the Transworld contract so presumably the mcC's received payment.
5. Gerry supports free speech Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124

if gerry believes in free speech then the pros can shut up with their threats about carter ruck and the media etc against us!!!! we are using our free speech which gerry supports!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Wed 23 Nov - 16:14

Justiceforallkids wrote:

3. Rebecca Brook's appears to have interceded with Cameroon for a SY review in return for getting serialisation rights.
4. Serialisation rights were excluded from the Transworld contract so presumably the mcC's received payment.

if gerry believes in free speech then the pros can shut up with their threats about carter ruck and the media etc against us!!!! we are using our free speech which gerry supports!!!

We need the exact quote, word for word, that Gerry used in that bit, so we can all quote it in our forum signatures.
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  maebee Wed 23 Nov - 16:22

You're having a very late night Carly Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 25346 Was it worth staying up to watch the McLove-in?
maebee
maebee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 467
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 23 Nov - 16:25

Sorry if these have already been posted:

Kate's statement http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-con ... McCann.pdf

Gerry's statement http://www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/hearing/2011-11-23pm/
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Nov - 16:30

maebee wrote:You're having a very late night Carly Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 25346 Was it worth staying up to watch the McLove-in?
no lol luckly im a night owl anyway
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 23 Nov - 16:34

im sorry can someone point me to where Rebecca Brooks interceded with to get a Scotland Yard Review as long as they got serialisation rights. Well Mr. Cameron will be coming out of this well. Please im writing to my MP about this if this is true. I thought the findings of the inquiry were not going to be made public,

Last edited by tanszi on Wed 23 Nov - 16:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sentnce)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Nov - 16:40

found it!!!! see 108 so it seems gerry supports free speech !!!!!!

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 2wmfima

Last edited by Justiceforallkids on Wed 23 Nov - 16:41; edited 1 time in total
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  blossom45 Wed 23 Nov - 16:40

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 306321 guys,
i havn't read all this thread purposely 'cos i want to just concentrate on my reaction to their statements,
the most overwhelming impression...for me..was that the two of them are veeery scared!
i also get the feeling that the examiner has no doubt about their shabby story,
justice leverson was paying lip service to court procedeures,
the look in the eyes of the court officials tells me that they take their whole srory with a pinch of salt...
there were some words of comfort for the mccanns...very few...
when the mccanns watch their performance back,
they'll be horrified,
because in my opinion they came across as nervous and guilt as hell.
the officials came across as to be thinking "tell us another one"
blossom45
blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 23 Nov - 16:41

tanszi wrote:im sorry can someone point me to where Rebecca Brooks interceded with to get a Scotland Yard Review as long as they got serialisation rights. Well Mr. Cameron will be coming out of this well. Please im writing to my MP about this if this is true. I thought the findings of the inquiry were not going to be made public,

He didn't actually say that but he said in discussions with NI they agreed to back their campaign for a review. Lo and behold Cameron, a friend of Brooks, then overrules May and gets a review underway. It doesn't take a great leap.

Edit
What was said was:
We were subsequently apporached by New International and Associated to serialise the book.

We had a couple of meetings with Will Lewis and Rebekah Brooks and others.

What swung the decision was that News International committing to back the campaign and search for Madeleine.

We had been lobbying for two years behind the scenes to try and get a review of Madeleine's case.

Ultimately the press have helped, galvanising the public [opinion], having them engaged. Intervention was succesful.

Last edited by Chris on Wed 23 Nov - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Wed 23 Nov - 16:42

Gerry supports free speech Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Nov - 16:45

dutchclogs wrote:Gerry supports free speech Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 613255 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324 Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 23324

lmao so he says!!!!!!!!!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 23 Nov - 16:51

Justiceforallkids wrote:

But he doesn't as he no longer believes in 'self regulation' of the press.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Wed 23 Nov - 16:56

Thanks all that contributed today to keep us up to date. I haven't been able to watch it so appreciate all the efforts made to let us all know.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Wed 23 Nov - 17:06

I recorded it but due to the size I am having difficulty converting it so I can upload to Youtube (more than 2GB) but nothing is impossible and I will find a way.

I believe it will be available online at some point so I may just upload the audio, if nothing else.

Unfortunately business got in the way and a phone call meant I missed the first couple of minutes...How dare they call at that moment! (I ignored the rest)Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1541
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-29

http://madeleinemccann.aimoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Wed 23 Nov - 17:15

HiDeHo wrote:I recorded it but due to the size I am having difficulty converting it so I can upload to Youtube (more than 2GB) but nothing is impossible and I will find a way.

I believe it will be available online at some point so I may just upload the audio, if nothing else.

Unfortunately business got in the way and a phone call meant I missed the first couple of minutes...How dare they call at that moment! (I ignored the rest)Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 294124

Maybe split it ninto severla smaller parts?
Me
Me
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Wed 23 Nov - 17:20

Me wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:I recorded it but due to the size I am having difficulty converting it so I can upload to Youtube (more than 2GB) but nothing is impossible and I will find a way.

Maybe split it ninto severla smaller parts?

It's in CRAM format and I couldn't convert to .wmv but it's half way through converting to .flv and then I can convert to .wmv...hopefully!

It plays on Real Player but wont allow me to trim and the video is a nightmare experience.

Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 Clipboard01-10

Leave it with me...hopefully in an hour or less I will have some of it ready.
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 23 Nov - 17:30

So the McCs who are complaining about privacy, intrusion of the press, were negotiating with New International via Rebecca Brooks to gain support for a Scotland Yard Review using their Coulson contact, in return it is alleged the McCs would give them serialisation rights, for an inquiry from the public purse at an initial cost of £3.5million the findings of which would not be made public. Is this because it was known the McCs had an agreement with News International to serialise the findings, im sure for free.

I hope all the people at Scotland Yard and Mrs May and Mr. Cameron have picked up on this titbit. Whilst slagging the press for intrusion and privacy, the McCs were negotiating with News International for support for a Scotland Yard review. Mr. Cameron how does it feel to see how the masters pulled the strings of the puppet? jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 23 Nov - 17:33

The Public are still being played for mugs - and not just by the Media.

Kate Healy complains of being "powerless" yet actually wields a great deal of it. Not always successfully as there are not enough blinkers to go round.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  HiDeHo Wed 23 Nov - 18:12

Unedited video (minus the first few minutes) should be uploaded in about 20 mins. Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 25346
HiDeHo
HiDeHo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 23 Nov - 18:40

After watching the whole 2 hours of Gerry-speak, I was absolutely
astounded by the inability of him to say her name properly!
Madel-line oh Madeleine!
What father can't pronounce or remember now to say his daughter's name?
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Wed 23 Nov - 18:42

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Wed 23 Nov - 18:49

First time on oath in the uk and we saw and heard it. We have the transcripts and the viewing but sorry I feel that I was watching and hearing something different. I thought Gerry was confident, often smug though he did colour up a lot. Check your blood pressure Gerry lad. Kate tha little she did say was as whiney as ever but said stuff that a fence sitter watching would think "ah bless, poor poor woman"
And the judge chappy was a real fawner. And his final words to the pair were Gerry appearing tomorrow on Leveson Inquiry! - Page 10 477442 making. I bet there was a lot of back slapping off camera. To me it is the first coat of whitewash.
All imo of course but I think they were treated with kid gloves.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next