Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 11:17

I have come to thinking about this as i can't believe over the years ...that every time you think they have shot themselves in the foot or gone to far...it always seems to be an advantage to them....the sympathy and money goes on and on and on...

They will no doubt read these threads ...[its humane nature at least... if something is about you ...you read it]...now think about when we have discussed things they have done and the mistakes they have made ..how they always seem to do the opposite...or the opposite happens to what we expect..like as if they know what not to do...and exactly what to do

Like this levy enquiry ...i honestly thought with no script of what could be asked from them ...their true nature would come out and they would be seen for what they are [lying selfish cheaph money grabbing trash..to start with]

But yet again it failed to show how cold and callous they really are are..they never really put a foot wrong ...

true feelings have been posted on these threads of those of us who have lost our children or loved ones ....or the reasons they have never believed maddie was abducted ....could this be the homework for them...it is just a thought..

my sister after watching them on the Levey enquiry has started to doubt if they are involved by how pathetic they looked and how k mc had aged .....but to me she is only showing the grief ...of what they have done........and how it can all come crashing down on them ...at any time

I have a lot of hope for Feb ...but now i am not so sure ...because i cant tell you how many times i have thought ..this is it ...they wont get out of this ...and they do...even to the point it has made me speechless ...and think they really are untuchable..

Although i know these threads are a thorn in there side [not just this one]...i do wonder if the reason they come out laughing ...is because the genuine caring posters who care about what happened to maddie ..........are the ones who educate them ...and give them the information on how to act...

Although i will be with maddie ...for as long as it takes ....i wonder if any one thinks the same




Last edited by xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 11:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Guest on Fri 25 Nov - 11:25

I believe very firmly that their egotistic and arrogant personalities preclude taking advice from anyone on an ad-hoc basis.

They plough their own furrow .............. eventually, though, the ground will be bare and there will be nothing left to plough.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  BelEddie on Fri 25 Nov - 11:28

I would think that the pressure of abiding to a script over an extended period of time would be daunting, to say the least. According to another thread I read, they only answered by reading from a sheet.
I questioned why this couple appeared in a Phone Hacking enquiry and can only surmise that the script writer thought it would be good for their publicity.
My Mother told me when I was very small, A Liar must have a good memory!


Last edited by BelEddie on Fri 25 Nov - 11:31; edited 1 time in total

BelEddie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 145
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 11:29

[quote=The End Is Nigh"]"I believe very firmly that their egotistic and arrogant personalities preclude taking advice from anyone on an ad-hoc basis.

They plough their own furrow .............. eventually, though, the ground will be bare and there will be nothing left to plough.

[/quote]

thats what is what i hope for The End Is Nigh"

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 11:34

BelEddie wrote:I would think that the pressure of abiding to a script over an extended period of time would be daunting, to say the least. According to another thread I read, they only answered by reading from a sheet.
My Mother told me when I was very small, A Liar must have a good memory!

probably script was the wrong word to use ....i did mean no pre arranged questions ...like they usually insist on when being interviewed...like look what happened when the German reporter caught g mcc ..of guard

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  NoStone on Fri 25 Nov - 11:53

I think they perfom well in controlled - stage managed situations, clearly they are well briefed in every respect at these things alough I did notice Gerry reaching for his ear when Kate was talking about her reasons for writing the book. He realised what he was doing and held himself back and almost simultaneously Kate swings her arm across herself as if she was going to clout him. I wonder what she would be like in a court of law facing a barrister though, Gerry too come to that! We have seen his true colours before and no amount of make-up could hold that back if he was put under some real pressure for a change!

NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Location : Viva Espana
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  jeanmonroe on Fri 25 Nov - 11:55

At the defamation trial, if it ever does go ahead, (mccanns scrambling to settle out of court?) Kate McCann can be called as a witness and cross examined.
Does anyone know if people have to swear, on oath, before giving evidence, in a Portuguese courtroom?
Will the McCanns, swear under oath, in Portugal, if that's the procedure, that Madeleine was definitely, indisputably, abducted from their apartment 5A.

jeanmonroe
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 996
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Justiceforallkids on Fri 25 Nov - 12:01

jeanmonroe wrote:At the defamation trial, if it ever does go ahead, (mccanns scrambling to settle out of court?) Kate McCann can be called as a witness and cross examined.
Does anyone know if people have to swear, on oath, before giving evidence, in a Portuguese courtroom?
Will the McCanns, swear under oath, in Portugal, if that's the procedure, that Madeleine was definitely, indisputably, abducted from their apartment 5A.

not really think of all the people who have sworn that oath around the world and were guilty look at OJ simpson

Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Age : 37
Location : tasmania australia
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  almostgothic on Fri 25 Nov - 12:16

BelEddie wrote:I would think that the pressure of abiding to a script over an extended period of time would be daunting, to say the least.

Good point!
When an actor finishes a theatre run or a film, he can go home and stop being Hamlet.
If he carried on being Hamlet once his stint was over, he would soon find himself going mad.

The McCanns however can never stop being the McCanns. Every communication in everyday life that they make with another human being has to be done 'in character', ie in the roles they have chosen to create for themselves. One slip and they would be done for. This situation applies until death or jail renders it irrelevant.

Just imagine being at a party or in a pub, for example, and you realise you've had one drink too many and have said too much.
And I well remember being in hospital for an operation, and a nurse on my ward telling me: "You'd be amazed at the things we hear patients saying when they're coming out of anaesthetic ..."

No wonder the McCanns need to be in control, all of the time.

I don't think we 'educate' them very much - they surround themselves with yes-men, lawyers and PR merchants who tell them what they want to hear. And those same yes-men help them write the script.

If all else fails, this will go on longer than The Mousetrap.
But insanity will be the endgame.

almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  bill516 on Fri 25 Nov - 13:35

A couple of questions.

If you are called as a witness are you not allowed in the court room until you have given your evidence, once you have done that can you then go watch proceedings?.

If you are to be recalled as a witness at a later date/time does that mean you are not allowed back in the court room until you have done that?. Begs another question what if you want to recall them and then you decide not to re-call is that a way to keep them out of the court room.

If the above are true then that would leave one or both of them in the court room alone so no double act.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 13:51

bill516 wrote:A couple of questions.

If you are called as a witness are you not allowed in the court room until you have given your evidence, once you have done that can you then go watch proceedings?.

If you are to be recalled as a witness at a later date/time does that mean you are not allowed back in the court room until you have done that?. Begs another question what if you want to recall them and then you decide not to re-call is that a way to keep them out of the court room.

If the above are true then that would leave one or both of them in the court room alone so no double act.

bill516

im not sure about the being recalled................but once you have given evidence you stay in the court so as not to communicate with other witnesses

mmm good point though as in february this is what they should have to do ...although i am not sure how it goes in a libel trial ...

or if one has given evidence at the end and another next day..they will be told i recon not to discuss it .....as if though

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  blossom45 on Fri 25 Nov - 14:11

bill and xtina,
i think that the rules applied to court cases differs greatly,
what we have been watching is an investigation,
not sure how...but the procedure is entirely different re witness obligations.

blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Age : 71
Location : hertfordshire u.k
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Fri 25 Nov - 14:28

blossom45..................i was thinking more about the libel trial in feb if the mccs give evidence ..surly they wont be able to give it together...and this is when i hope they fall apart ...

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  blossom45 on Fri 25 Nov - 15:47

xtina,
i'm absolutely sure that they won't be allowed to give evidence together,
a couple of years ago i did jury service...the case lasted 3 months!
i should imagine that the portugese have the same thoughts on collusion,
they wouldn't want two witnesses either reminding or prompting each other,
perhaps one of our portugese posters can put us right.

blossom45
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 922
Age : 71
Location : hertfordshire u.k
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  kitti on Fri 25 Nov - 16:01

Its pretty obvious the mccanns go look at what people are writing about them, they look to see what is the TOP topic I.e. the dogs.....that's why they dissed the DNA etc at the enquiry......counteract was their defence.....jot down things that may be relevant or they have forgotten they have either said or haven't said....we jot their memories as lies are easily forgotten......then bombard the followers with OUR information which has been spun beforehand....bit like how a washing machine works, spin it till all the dirt has disappeared, their words dirts, our words truths, then away they go..... It's cheap for them as they don't need to employ someone to do this.

kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13376
Age : 106
Location : London
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  bill516 on Fri 25 Nov - 16:11

Sorry I should have made clear I was thinking ahead to next year in the Libel trial. If they dont have each other to signal to the other then they could be in for a right tumble, but then that might mean the truth would out and justice would prevail, but we cant have that can we, look how much egg there would be around.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Fri 25 Nov - 19:13

bill516 wrote:Sorry I should have made clear I was thinking ahead to next year in the Libel trial. If they dont have each other to signal to the other then they could be in for a right tumble, but then that might mean the truth would out and justice would prevail, but we cant have that can we, look how much egg there would be around.

bill516 I hope and pray they tumble big time, if they do (if they actually do appear in court, which Ive a feeling they will settle befor it gets going) which I'm sure they will, will the UK press/media report it, or will they still protect their little friends....

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  bill516 on Fri 25 Nov - 19:29

Going by what we have seen in the past it will not get reported or it will be played down. Unless of course the tide has turned with the press, if they loose the trial then the press can print the facts of the trial and CR can go Ruck themselves.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Angelique on Sat 26 Nov - 1:54

xtina

I think as "kitti" says they do read what we discuss - see where the danger lies and then start "spinning". What I do think though is they somehow seem always to be ahead of the game. It's when they lose control of the game that it will start to fall apart. Finding that "off button" is gong to be difficult because, as you say, they always seem to recover.

I am concerned about the trial in February - I just get the feeling like you do - it's going to do the same as before - it will somehow fall into the McCanns lap.

If GA does come good or the Mac's settle before they must still have some way of stopping his Book being published here - they can't afford the UK to have this Book or anything similar on sale affecting the way people think. I believe the UK is really then only country that will donate sufficiently to the Fund for their "search" requirements, however they spend it.

Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Location : Freezing in England
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Wallflower on Sat 26 Nov - 14:19

Lillyofthevalley wrote:
bill516 wrote:Sorry I should have made clear I was thinking ahead to next year in the Libel trial. If they dont have each other to signal to the other then they could be in for a right tumble, but then that might mean the truth would out and justice would prevail, but we cant have that can we, look how much egg there would be around.

bill516 I hope and pray they tumble big time, if they do (if they actually do appear in court, which Ive a feeling they will settle befor it gets going) which I'm sure they will, will the UK press/media report it, or will they still protect their little friends....

Isn't it the case that Amaral is counter suing them? Perhaps settling out of court may not be an option for them. I hope tht this is the case.

Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  bill516 on Sat 26 Nov - 17:20

You may be right GA is counter suing them in which case they have no option but to attend or lose. I keep thinking its them having another go at getting the book banned after the injuctions were over turned, wasnt there something about taking it to a higher court after they lost the last appeal. If so then thats where I keep getting it wrong.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  fred on Sat 26 Nov - 17:49

There is a new court house being built in Lisbon as we speak. kate is supplying the advice for fittings and furnishings, and Gezza is providing the planning permission board, with 'exit' routes, so they will meet no press.

fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4845
Location : Dining in my back garden
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Sat 26 Nov - 18:21

bill516 wrote:You may be right GA is counter suing them in which case they have no option but to attend or lose. I keep thinking its them having another go at getting the book banned after the injuctions were over turned, wasnt there something about taking it to a higher court after they lost the last appeal. If so then thats where I keep getting it wrong.

i would also think settling out of court ...would be an admission of guilt..

and of course ...the mccs are not guilty of anything as we know


Last edited by xtina on Sun 27 Nov - 13:13; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : got it wrong)

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  bill516 on Sun 27 Nov - 11:47

So now I'm more confused than ever, who is sueing who and who has sued who.

bill516
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 79
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  xtina on Sun 27 Nov - 12:04

bill516 wrote:So now I'm more confused than ever, who is sueing who and who has sued who.

sorry bill ..i got a bit confused .....i will remove it

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2011/10/mccann-libel-trial-hearings-to-start-in.html


Last edited by xtina on Sun 27 Nov - 13:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got it wrong again)

xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 314
Location : yorkshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we educating the mccanns on what not to do

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:11


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum