Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With?

+15
Panda
pennylane
MaryB
Bebootje
LJC
Lillyofthevalley
tanszi
AnnaEsse
jodel
kathybelle
Angelina
malena stool
amber
Angelique
gillyspot
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With?

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 20:57

[quote="kathybelle"][quote="jodel"][quote="kathybelle"][quote="Angelina"][quote="Lillyofthevalley"]

So not about trials for criminal offences but hearings of incompetence.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 140
Warning :
What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down

What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With?

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 20:59

[quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="kathybelle"][quote="jodel"][quote="kathybelle"]
Angelina wrote:

The GMC is very good at protecting doctors, moving them to a different part of the country when there is a whiff of untoward things having happened.

The GMC has no power to employ or remove doctors. They are the disciplinary authority for medics and stroke doctors off or otherwise discipline them.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :
What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 21:07

[quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="kathybelle"][quote="jodel"]
kathybelle wrote:

The GMC has no power to employ or remove doctors. They are the disciplinary authority for medics and stroke doctors off or otherwise discipline them.

I'm afraid I do know of cases where the GMC has arranged for doctors to be moved when there has been a case pending.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 21:26

[quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="kathybelle"]
jodel wrote:

I'm afraid I do know of cases where the GMC has arranged for doctors to be moved when there has been a case pending.

Why would the GMC do that? Doctors are employed by hospitals etc, not by the GMC. Are you confusing the GMC with the BMA?
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 21:40

[quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"]
kathybelle wrote:

Why would the GMC do that? Doctors are employed by hospitals etc, not by the GMC. Are you confusing the GMC with the BMA?

No, I'm not confusing anything. I have contact with enough medics to have heard the background to a few stories that get into the press. I do know what I'm talking about here.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jodel Wed 18 Jan - 21:46

[quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="jodel"]
AnnaEsse wrote:

No, I'm not confusing anything. I have contact with enough medics to have heard the background to a few stories that get into the press. I do know what I'm talking about here.

I do not see how that would be in the remit of the GMC.
jodel
jodel
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 18 Jan - 21:52

[quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"][quote="jodel"][quote="AnnaEsse"]
jodel wrote:

I do not see how that would be in the remit of the GMC.

I don't actually care whether you can see that or not. If I gave details of cases, they'd be recognisable. So, you'll just have to accept or not accept what I have said. If you're not accepting it, then there's nothing I can do.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 25 Feb - 16:31

I know a lot of retired policemen.They are all saying the mccanns are guilty but the SY review is a waste of time.the forensic evidence would have to be tested in court SY cannot do that,they can only take a view on that which at the moment is non conclusive.Asking for/or sugesting a reconstruction is tantamount to an accusation that the mccanns are lying and its really too late for a reconstruction to be of any other value.
The only possible outcome to this review is that nothing new has been found and therefor the mccanns will once more claim they are innocent.
Only a confession or a body will change things,and that will only come if Scotland Yard become pro active on this,and they are not that.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 4 Mar - 16:54

Lioned, previously i thought that the review would be totally independent, how niaive i have been. From the Levenson enquiry it is learnt that Rebecca Brooks would give her support to the McCs via the media to for a review by the UK police, in return for a story; the push for a review was given obviously with Murdoch s approval, and a letter written to Cameron in the same vein by the McCs., May refuses, Cameron strongly suggests and confirms a review. We now learn that Cameron and Brooks know each other well, and go horse riding together. I have always said Cameron was Murdoch's puppet and i now believe that it was all a put up job that they all new their parts, the McCs included, and they all played them well. i really believed that the review would pull together what facts are known and discrepancies are known, and something would fall out from left field. Now i think its a waste of taxpayers money and that the outcome has already been decided. I hope i am proved wrong. jimo

Last edited by tanszi on Sun 4 Mar - 16:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jimo)
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 4 Mar - 20:56

tanszi yes I too was concerned when I heard about the Brooks/Cameron horse riding trips, but also today I heard that Ms May has said that Murdoch is finished, so what does Cameron do, suck upto Murdoch/Brooks (who are finished) or do the right thing, what good will it do him been seen to be best frineds with these people, he has already been made to cut his ties with Coulson, im sure he will not want anything to do with the Brooks at any cost his top job means to much to him.
Cameron has his own fight on his hands to survive (imo he is losing votes by the day) he ain't Mr popular he aint going to lose ALL respect by standing by these has-beens, the Brooks and Coulson, and the soon to be Murdochs...... they are all finished, so my only hope now is that Cameron will give them all a very wide berth.......and that he has told SY to do a proper job and try and get some answers.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 20 Mar - 20:24

I have been reading this thread from start to finish and would just like to say that SY do not have supremcy in this review, it is the PJ, who are also carrying out their own review. All a review can do is sift through the existing paperwork, look again at what has been done already and see if anything was missed or should have been done differently at the time; they can re-interview witnesses to see if they can add anything to their evidence already submitted and, of course, during a review new witnesses may come forward. I think personally that the PJ will want this review covered with a fine toothed comb and I also personally think that the end result will be exactly as before with an abduction neither proven or otherwise. However, on this occasion, I think the McCanns will finally have to abide by whatever conclusion is reached and if it cannot prove abduction the McCanns will forever more have to live with that and will always have to look over their shoulders.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bebootje Wed 21 Mar - 8:46

The direction the review, now concentrating on the files, and the news that SY dismissed the work of McCanns PI's, and that the Tapas wil be re-interviewd and a virtual reconstruction will be made, gives me the confidence that they are on the right track.

According Amaral the investigation was shelved at the time due to political pressure. And that there certainly were leads to be followed up, f.i. the Smith sighting and the Gaspar statement.
Bebootje
Bebootje
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 21 Mar - 9:02

I would feel a whole lot more confident if I read current articles claiming SY has dismissed the work of the McCanns UK PI's; and that the 7 tapasniks and their two slippery marathon running leaders were being questioned intensively!

It seems to me this "review" is being conducted in an abstract, back to front direction, and I find that deeply concerning.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 26 Mar - 23:19

I think the SY team will conclude that Madeleine was abducted either by person or persons unknown. If they do name an abductor it will be someobody who has died. That's the two conclusions I think are the most likely.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 27 Mar - 7:45

And how are they going to get round the dogs findings?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 27 Mar - 8:45

kitti wrote:And how are they going to get round the dogs findings?

Morning kitti,

The authorities can hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil, when they are required to; just as they did with the dog findings and witness statements at the former Jersey Children's Home, Haute de la Garenne.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 22 Apr - 16:34

In view of the upcoming Panorama programme it will be interesting to hear what Andy Redwood has to say. Scotland Yard: WE CAN SOLVE MADDIE MYSTERY 08Apr SCOTLAND Yard detectives are confident they can solve the mystery of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. They are approaching the huge task of reviewing all known evidence with renewed vigour as the fifth anniversary of the three year old going missing approaches. A source close to the investigation said: “They are working extremely hard to solve the case in the sense that they want to be able to say what they believe has happened to the child. Their attitude is that it is solvable and they are working to that end. “The approach is very professional and all officers are committed to doing their very best to understand existing evidence while looking for new evidence. They want definitive answers and are working extremely hard to get to the truth. The investigation is gathering momentum.” The so-called Maddie Squad is headed by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, one of the Yard’s most respected officers, who has 36 detectives and civilians under him. She has been drained, wept and suffered. It has been a great mental strain on her Kate’s mother Susan Healy Portuguese police sources say he has established an “excellent” working relationship with counterparts in Portugal. Senior investigator Helen Monteiro, who is in charge of the Portuguese team based in Porto, has made it clear her officers are available to pursue any leads the Yard comes up with. Liaison officers are keeping Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry informed. The couple, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have been inundated with requests for interviews to mark the May 3 anniversary but have said they do not wish to say or do anything which could possibly impinge on the Yard review at this stage. The Sunday Express understands that Leicestershire Police, who have worked closely with Portuguese detectives, have form­ally handed over all their information on the case to the Yard. The files include video interviews and scores of witness statements. “Effectively the Met has now taken over the British side of the investigation,” said a source. While the review gathers pace, Kate McCann has been busying herself by writing a short epilogue to a paperback version of her hardback book, Madeleine, which has sold 350,000 copies in the UK alone since its launch last year. Proceeds from sales continue to fund the search for Madeleine. The paperback version will be released on May 10, seven days after the anniversary of her daughter’s disappearance in 2007 from a holiday apartment in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz. Kate will refer to the Scotland Yard probe in the new chapter but will not disclose any details of the investigation. Last month she and Gerry flew to Sweden to promote the hardback version of the book in a drive to raise international awareness of the case. In an interview with the Swedish magazine Sondag, Kate’s mother Susan Healy said: “Kate has never given up hope that Madeleine will return. She wants to learn the truth and I think it is so important that it comes out. “It has been a lot of hard work for my daughter to write the book. “She has been drained, wept and suffered. It has been a great mental strain on her.” Mrs Healy lives in Liverpool but talks to her daughter every day and often goes to stay with the family in Rothley to offer support and help care for twins Sean and Amelie. On May 23 Kate will attend a reception at Downing Street at which David Cameron will personally back International Missing Children’s Day on May 25. Express retrieved online April 8th, 2012 With thanks to HLM 6 Comments Posted by Hardlinemarxist on 08/04/2012 in Madeleine McCann case - assorted commentary ← Kate McCann believes re-opening of investigation into her daughter’s disappearance is imminent The 3rd May is looming: New Madeleine McCann sighting → . 6 Responses to Scotland Yard: WE CAN SOLVE MADDIE MYSTERY Anonymous 09/04/2012 at 8:33 am Attend a reception at Downing Street? I feel sick. Reply Anonymous 13/04/2012 at 10:18 am that kate has a fuking cheek,attending downing street when it was her and husband who neglected their children in the result of one going missing(cough) Reply Anonymous 13/04/2012 at 9:08 pm poor little Madeleine it is so very sad,how the innocent suffer the most unfair things of all,and the guilty don,t even seem sorry for all the misery and stealing from others purses which has been going on,and how the sick are threatened and biullied insread ofcared for all too often in these wicked times,we now live in. Reply Hardlinemarxist 13/04/2012 at 10:29 pm You need to think your self lucky you were not around in the Medieval times Reply Anonymous 15/04/2012 at 4:50 pm i hope the mccanns get big news this year that there sweet child is alive and i hope scotland yard police find the person with maddie and send him or down for life Reply John Twist 15/04/2012 at 7:31 pm Anonymous, you’re 15 days too late for April fool’s day jokes. Have you not been reading the news/ We have just reached the 100 th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic which happened on April 15th not April 1st 1912. Reply Leave a reply, respect others right to hold differing views Enter your comment here...
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 1 Nov - 12:17

The couple, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have been inundated with requests for interviews to mark the May 3 anniversary but have said they do not wish to say or do anything which could possibly impinge on the Yard review "

Wasn't it not long after that the Press, courtesy of Clarence and the McCanns produced another "sighting" in Spain?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 22 Oct - 1:36

I'm hoping SY has access to phone records but if the PJ is the one holding all the cards and they can't use the phone records because it's illegal in Portugal to do so, I wonder can they give them to SY and they can use them?

Would be interesting to see where the T9 were between 530 and 1045 or 11; although I vaguely recall Clarence stating that people didn't know the time as they had no watches and didn't take their phones, which kind of makes sense, because why would you, when you're all at dinner together, but then most people even if they take nothing else, take their phone. And even if they didn't have them at the table they'd have had them later when trying to coordinate a search (or sitting round 5a failing to search and creating a time line as the case may be) - wonder if the text messages were destroyed or if they'd be able to get those?What Conclusions will the Scotland Yard Review Come Up With? - Page 2 306321 
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 22 Oct - 7:36

Doubt If the incriminating emails etc have been destroyed, pj have all the copies off the mccanns phone
Pings etc.....

Now, my betting is, SY have a copy off the phone pings etc ....if they have, will it get 'buried' or will SY act on it.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Tue 22 Oct - 15:55

They have to act on it. They can't just say we give these people a pass, their abductor was not the guy, their timelines are wonky and they need to know who else was in the area also. If they got texts that say things that lead people to believe MM was found injured or dead or at a different time found to be missing than what was claimed, that has to be part of an investigation. I can't see SY ignoring it if it is there - will word ever get out that they found something, if it can't be used legally or isn't enough, is another question - and I doubt it. They would then have McCanns as suspects and would maybe do what PJ did and shelve the investigation until they have more?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Tue 22 Oct - 18:36

If the Met don't come up with something there will be hell to pay with all that money spent... and it had better be plausible and with evidence to back it! That doesn't leave too many cover-ups available.

What is this case bl**dy well all about???!!!

I keep thinking of the careful statements about the loss of credit cards. At first I thought that might be because of credit card purchases from the supermarket which the main players thought other people should not know about, perhaps cleaning products? Then I thought.... what about online credit card transactions which might be incriminating... and then I further thought, surely not... I thought of stuff like Operation Ore... and I thought of X knowing too much about Y's activities where Y was a VERY IMPORTANT PERSON. Sigh...

That way madness lies or at least conspriacy theories which I don't tend to favour.
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 22 Oct - 19:37

Scotland Yard will conclude that the dead peado's Gypsy friend  sold Maddie to the nice childless Russian Olygog,but that it may take many years to trace Her whereabouts,and the mccann private detective firm may be best placed to go incognito into the Baltic states but it will take time so keep the donations coming in.

Cameron will say well done lads this justifies our decision to reopen the case,we will give kate and gerry whatever help we can to bring Margaret home .
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2