Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Panda on Sat 3 Dec - 9:05

2 December 2011
Last updated at 22:18



Share this page





  • Email

  • Print

1.5K

  • Share
  • Facebook
  • Twitter










'End of virginity' if women drive, Saudi cleric warns








By Sebastian Usher
BBC News





Saudi Arabia remains one of the few countries in the world to prevent women from driving


A report in Saudi Arabia
has warned that if Saudi women were given the right to drive, it would
spell the end of virginity in the country.

The report was prepared for Saudi Arabia's legislative assembly, the Shura Council, by a well-known conservative academic.

Though there is no formal ban on women driving in Saudi Arabia, if they get behind the wheel, they can be arrested.

Saudi women have mounted several campaigns to try to overturn the ban.

Aside from the practical difficulties it creates, they say it
is also illogical as in trying to keep them under family control and
away from men, it actually puts them in daily contact with a male
driver.

The issue has received huge international attention.

Some Saudi women feel it has attracted too much interest, obscuring other equally important issues.

As part of his careful reform process, King Abdullah has allowed suggestions to surface that the ban might be reviewed.

This has angered the conservative religious elite - a key power base for any Saudi ruler.

Now, one of their number - well-known academic Kamal Subhi -
has presented a new report to the country's legislative assembly, the
Shura.

The aim was to get it to drop plans to reconsider the ban.

The report contains graphic warnings that letting women drive
would increase prostitution, pornography, homosexuality and divorce.

A Saudi woman who has campaigned for women drivers told the BBC that the report was completely mad.

She said the head of the Shura had assured women campaigners that he was still open to hearing the case for lifting the ban.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Lioned on Sat 3 Dec - 17:28

"The report contains graphic warnings that letting women drive
would increase prostitution, pornography, homosexuality and divorce."


Dont often agree with these muslims but i recon they're spot on here.Letting Women drive can only increase their confidence and lead to all sorts of promiscuity.

As far as Virginity is concerned i could help them there if they ask me nicely.

We are so far apart from these people there will never be World Peace imo.


Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 3 Dec - 17:37

Lioned wrote:"The report contains graphic warnings that letting women drive
would increase prostitution, pornography, homosexuality and divorce."


Dont often agree with these muslims but i recon they're spot on here.Letting Women drive can only increase their confidence and lead to all sorts of promiscuity.

As far as Virginity is concerned i could help them there if they ask me nicely.

We are so far apart from these people there will never be World Peace imo.


What kind of world is that for women to live in? If women driving could lead to all those things, then why? They'd somehow just slip into those things? Who might get them into those things? Well, thinking of the last question I have posed, my answer (to my own question) is that Saudi men must be very dangerous. So, suggested solutions.

Prostitution - keep dangerous men off the streets.

Pornography - keep dangerous men off the streets.

Homosexuality - is probably there already, just very hidden.

Divorce - don't force women into marriage.

These Muslim men have big problems with control. They only have to see a woman's bare arms and they go wild. Something should be done about them. If they can't control themselves, they shouldn't be out in public on their own.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Panda on Sat 3 Dec - 17:45

I don"t think it is the men over-sexed, it"s the domination of Women that they don"t want to see eroded. The Western World has become more
desirable for Women and some Middle East Countries are becoming more enlightened.

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Lioned on Sat 3 Dec - 18:13

I think this is just another reminder as to how primitive this culture is.Infact not just primitive but barbaric as well.

Our Government and other so called 'Western World' Governments will still entertain those in control of such Cultures/Countries.

It does make you wonder why we ever gave them that sort of Autonomy when we could have kept them 'on the leash' when we had the chance.But thats another story !


Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Age : 107
Location : Down South
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 3 Dec - 18:20

Lioned wrote:I think this is just another reminder as to how primitive this culture is.Infact not just primitive but barbaric as well.

Our Government and other so called 'Western World' Governments will still entertain those in control of such Cultures/Countries.

It does make you wonder why we ever gave them that sort of Autonomy when we could have kept them 'on the leash' when we had the chance.But thats another story !


Nearly 3,000 'honour attacks,' in the UK last year. And that's only the reported ones.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16122893

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  AnnaEsse on Sat 3 Dec - 18:22

Panda wrote:I don"t think it is the men over-sexed, it"s the domination of Women that they don"t want to see eroded. The Western World has become more
desirable for Women and some Middle East Countries are becoming more enlightened.

The men dominate the women by taking control over their sexuality. All of the reasons for not wanting women to drive are related to sexuality.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You can run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Run on for a long time, Sooner or later God'll cut you down." (Johnny Cash)

AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18454
Age : 105
Location : Casa Nostra
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Badboy on Sun 3 Jan - 22:28

A RECENT REPORT COMPLAINS WOMEN IN SAUDI ARABIA ARE HARASSING MEN,SO MAYBE WOMEN SHOULD BE SEGRATED(SP?) FROM MEN.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7718
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  fuzeta on Mon 4 Jan - 11:15

What a very interesting thread Badboy, reading through it I found it very informative. I don't remember seeing this before. I see it is four years old.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  malena stool on Mon 4 Jan - 23:43

It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926


Last edited by malena stool on Tue 5 Jan - 11:47; edited 1 time in total

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Badboy on Tue 5 Jan - 0:31

malena stool wrote:It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926.
404-PAGE NOT FOUND
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE ONE ABOUT SAUDI CLERIC WHO SAID EARTH WAS FLAT.
THEY SEEM TO HAVE PEOPLE SAYING THE WEIRDEST THINGS OUT THERE.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7718
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  malena stool on Tue 5 Jan - 11:50

Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926.
404-PAGE NOT FOUND
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE ONE ABOUT SAUDI CLERIC WHO SAID EARTH WAS FLAT.
THEY SEEM TO HAVE PEOPLE SAYING THE WEIRDEST THINGS OUT THERE.
Hi Badboy, I'm sorry, but it worked for me. I've edited my post and recopied the link. Please try again..

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Badboy on Tue 5 Jan - 15:45

malena stool wrote:
Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926.
404-PAGE NOT FOUND
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE ONE ABOUT SAUDI CLERIC WHO SAID EARTH WAS FLAT.
THEY SEEM TO HAVE PEOPLE SAYING THE WEIRDEST THINGS OUT THERE.
Hi Badboy, I'm sorry, but it worked for me. I've edited my post and recopied the link. Please try again..
thanks,works this time,wonder why a lifting of the ban on women driving would lead to homosexuality.

Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 7718
Age : 50
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  malena stool on Tue 5 Jan - 20:42

Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:
Badboy wrote:
malena stool wrote:It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926.
404-PAGE NOT FOUND
THIS THREAD IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE ONE ABOUT SAUDI CLERIC WHO SAID EARTH WAS FLAT.
THEY SEEM TO HAVE PEOPLE SAYING THE WEIRDEST THINGS OUT THERE.
Hi Badboy, I'm sorry, but it worked for me. I've edited my post and recopied the link. Please try again..
thanks,works this time,wonder why a lifting of the ban on women driving would lead to homosexuality.
Glad it works OK now Badboy. Like you, I can't think of any logical reason that allowing women to sit behind a steering wheel would induce homosexual tendencies.... Some people will believe anything, as you pointed out.. some still believe that the earth is flat.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  fuzeta on Mon 11 Jan - 18:52

malena stool wrote:It's the first I've seen of this thread also, fuzeta.. Panda, as was her norm failed to put the link into her otherwise accurate post. So here it is; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16011926

Thank you for the link Malena. I am sorry I have not thanked you before but I have not been on for a while and I have just seen it.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  fuzeta on Wed 20 Jan - 20:23

I was reading on MSN today and I found this. áSorry if there is loads of other stuff with it.

http://flipopular.com/12-things-women-in-saudi-arabia-cannot-do/12/

You have to work backwards from 12, I copied it starting at the end.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  malena stool on Fri 22 Jan - 19:21

fuzeta wrote:I was reading on MSN today and I found this. áSorry if there is loads of other stuff with it.

http://flipopular.com/12-things-women-in-saudi-arabia-cannot-do/12/

You have to work backwards from 12, I copied it starting at the end.

Good evening fuzeta.
Some very strange reasoning indeed that could introduce these laws. From the economic viewpoint alone, they are wasting a valuable resource.

But here in the UK our Government should ban the wearing of the hijab when driving, I for one have almost been involved in an accident with a woman driving a 4X4 wearing one and driving out of a side road.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  fuzeta on Thu 28 Jan - 19:34

malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:I was reading on MSN today and I found this. áSorry if there is loads of other stuff with it.

http://flipopular.com/12-things-women-in-saudi-arabia-cannot-do/12/

You have to work backwards from 12, I copied it starting at the end.

Good evening fuzeta.
Some very strange reasoning indeed that could introduce these laws. From the economic viewpoint alone, they are wasting a valuable resource.

But here in the UK our Government should ban the wearing of the hijab when driving, I for one have almost been involved in an accident with a woman driving a 4X4 wearing one and driving out of a side road.

Yes the hijab must be very restrictive whilst driving and yes they should be banned from wearing it, in the interest of road safety. Of course this will never happen, it is we that have to adjust.

As the thread is about Saudi Arabia and their weird behaviour. I see that they have guaranteed funding for 200 Mosques to be built in Germany, yet they never offered a home to one refugee fleeing from the Syrian war! I will leave it at that.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  malena stool on Fri 29 Jan - 9:51

fuzeta wrote:
malena stool wrote:
fuzeta wrote:I was reading on MSN today and I found this. áSorry if there is loads of other stuff with it.

http://flipopular.com/12-things-women-in-saudi-arabia-cannot-do/12/

You have to work backwards from 12, I copied it starting at the end.

Good evening fuzeta.
Some very strange reasoning indeed that could introduce these laws. From the economic viewpoint alone, they are wasting a valuable resource.

But here in the UK our Government should ban the wearing of the hijab when driving, I for one have almost been involved in an accident with a woman driving a 4X4 wearing one and driving out of a side road.

Yes the hijab must be very restrictive whilst driving and yes they should be banned from wearing it, in the interest of road safety. áOf course this will never happen, it is we that have to adjust.

As the thread is about Saudi Arabia and their weird behaviour. á I see that they have guaranteed funding for 200 Mosques to be built in Germany, yet they never offered a home to one refugee fleeing from the Syrian war! áI will leave it at that.
This is a valid observation fuzeta, by just Googling; tented city in saudi arabia, it is possible to see the vast encampment with modern facilities available yet remains completely empty.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13362
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  fuzeta on Sun 31 Jan - 19:04

Yes Malena it is a sorry state of affairs when this fully equipped accommodation is kept only for people to pray and not for desperate souls escaping war. I wonder if the ones praying say one for them? I doubt it.

fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4182
Location : Beautiful Staffordshire
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Re: End of virginity if Women drive Saudi cleric warns

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:43


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum