Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011

+16
malena stool
margaret
Annabel
keepingmum
Badboy
jejune
Angelique
Loopdaloop
Oldartform
almostgothic
kathybelle
Christine
jinvta
maebee
HiDeHo
frencheuropean
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 10:21

I know Amaral received a suspended 18 month sentence for falsifying a Document , but can"t remember what happened about the three Officers supposedly involved, there must be a record somewhere.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 10:32

Panda wrote:I know Amaral received a suspended 18 month sentence for falsifying a Document , but can"t remember what happened about the three Officers supposedly involved, there must be a record somewhere.

Panda, I thought Amaral was convicted of failing to submit a report.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Fri 16 Dec - 10:32

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/15287142

Three officers were cleared of torture but Mr Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

The trial judges in the Leonor Cipriano trial found that Leonor Cipriano was tortured,as claimed although it could not be proved by whom. In the verdict read today, two PJ inspectors were found guilty and convicted: António Nunes Cardoso for forgery of Documents and Gonçalo Amaral was found guilty by a jury of falsifying evidence to help cover up for three of his officers who were accused of torture, following a seven month trial at the Court of Faro in the Algarve.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 10:39

Annabel wrote:http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/15287142

Three officers were cleared of torture but Mr Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

The trial judges in the Leonor Cipriano trial found that Leonor Cipriano was tortured,as claimed although it could not be proved by whom. In the verdict read today, two PJ inspectors were found guilty and convicted: António Nunes Cardoso for forgery of Documents and Gonçalo Amaral was found guilty by a jury of falsifying evidence to help cover up for three of his officers who were accused of torture, following a seven month trial at the Court of Faro in the Algarve.

Thanks Annabel.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 16 Dec - 11:07

Wonder how many lives have been ruined along the way in the Mcs relentless pursuit to cover up what happened on that fateful holiday.

They will pay. God always pays his debts. A God fearing Kate McCann must know this.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 16 Dec - 15:14

Very true Margaret, my old Grandma, bless her had a saying.... "God doesn't pay his debts in money."
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 16:06

malena stool wrote:Very true Margaret, my old Grandma, bless her had a saying.... "God doesn't pay his debts in money."

Hi malena, my Mother used to say "God"s good, if he doesn"t come he sends" Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 23324
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 18:50

Annabel wrote:
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/pj-pede-suspensao-para-investigadores

Gonçalo Amaral and Paulo Pereira Cristóvão Accused of Acts of Aggression Against Leonor Cipriano

PJ Asks for the Investigators’ Suspension

The Disciplinary Unit of the PJ is asking for the suspension of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, Gonçalo Amaral and three PJ inspectors for their alleged involvement in the case of aggression against Leonor Cipriano, sentenced for the murder and concealment of her daughter, Joana in 2004.

• 11 December 2011

By:J.T.

A measure which for Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, ex-PJ, does not make sense. "I have not been notified of anything and I left the PJ in 2006, therefore there cannot be any link and I cannot be suspended from anything. Furthermore, if anyone has proved the aggression and acts of torture after the courts were not able to prove anything, then they would incur in the crime of defamation”, he told CM.

The five were accused by the Public Ministry of being involved in the beating of Leonor Cipriano during an interrogation at Portimao PJ. CM did not manage to speak with Gonçalo Amaral.

This does not make sense. How can Amaral be suspended from the PJ if he resigned three years ago?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Fri 16 Dec - 19:12

malena stool wrote:Very true Margaret, my old Grandma, bless her had a saying.... "God doesn't pay his debts in money."

It was from my grandma too! Now said by most of the family. Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 25346

I've seen karma so many times, the Mcs will pay l've no doubt about that.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 19:19

AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/pj-pede-suspensao-para-investigadores

Gonçalo Amaral and Paulo Pereira Cristóvão Accused of Acts of Aggression Against Leonor Cipriano

The Disciplinary Unit of the PJ is asking for the suspension of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, Gonçalo Amaral and three PJ inspectors for their alleged involvement in the case of aggression against Leonor Cipriano, sentenced for the murder and concealment of her daughter, Joana in 2004.

• 11 December 2011

A measure which for Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, ex-PJ, does not make sense. "I have not been notified of anything and I left the PJ in 2006, therefore there cannot be any link and I cannot be suspended from anything. Furthermore, if anyone has proved the aggression and acts of torture after the courts were not able to prove anything, then they would incur in the crime of defamation”, he told CM.

The five were accused by the Public Ministry of being involved in the beating of Leonor Cipriano during an interrogation at Portimao PJ. CM did not manage to speak with Gonçalo Amaral.

This does not make sense. How can Amaral be suspended from the PJ if he resigned three years ago?

Maybe he resigned rather than face a suspension , didn"t the British Press say he was sacked?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 19:21

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:

• 11 December 2011

Maybe he resigned rather than face a suspension , didn"t the British Press say he was sacked?

They did say he'd been sacked, but he was just moved back to previous placement, in Faro I think, after which he resigned to be able to express himself.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 16 Dec - 19:35

margaret wrote:

It was from my grandma too! Now said by most of the family. Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 25346

I've seen karma so many times, the Mcs will pay l've no doubt about that.
And heaven forbid that I would smile and say "I told you so" when karma creeps up and bites them. Justice works in Silence - Goncalo Amaral Dec 8th 2011 - Page 2 25346
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 19:38

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Annabel wrote:

• 11 December 2011

They did say he'd been sacked, but he was just moved back to previous placement, in Faro I think, after which he resigned to be able to express himself.

If he was suspended without pay I"m not surprised he resigned. Obviously the Book and DVD made a lot of money for the E1.2 million to be set aside.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 16 Dec - 20:02

GA was not suspended without pay and was not sacked. He was taken from that particular case and actually promoted. He asked the PJ if he could continue in his position and write a book to defend himself from the filth written about him. He was told by the PJ hierarchy that was not possible so he decided to retire in order to be able to exercise his right to speak his mind. And so he did.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 20:07

Claudia79 wrote:GA was not suspended without pay and was not sacked. He was taken from that particular case and actually promoted. He asked the PJ if he could continue in his position and write a book to defend himself from the filth written about him. He was told by the PJ hierarchy that was not possible so he decided to retire in order to be able to exercise his right to speak his mind. And so he did.

Thanks Claudia. I just don't know what this is about. How can someone be suspended three years after they resign from a post?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 16 Dec - 20:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:GA was not suspended without pay and was not sacked. He was taken from that particular case and actually promoted. He asked the PJ if he could continue in his position and write a book to defend himself from the filth written about him. He was told by the PJ hierarchy that was not possible so he decided to retire in order to be able to exercise his right to speak his mind. And so he did.

Thanks Claudia. I just don't know what this is about. How can someone be suspended three years after they resign from a post?

You're welcome, Anna.
I have no idea. Never heard of it in any type of job. The idea is simply ridiculous.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 20:08

Hi Claudia, yet the report was in a Portugese Newspaper so why didn"t Amaral demand a rebuttal before the British Press pounced on it.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 16 Dec - 20:10

Panda wrote:

Hi Claudia, yet the report was in a Portugese Newspaper so why didn"t Amaral demand a rebuttal before the British Press pounced on it.

He has a lot more important things to do. If he was to demand rebuttals every time he is entitled to one, he wouldn't have time to sleep. Let's see how the trial goes. After that, there may be major things happening.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 16 Dec - 20:22

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:

He has a lot more important things to do. If he was to demand rebuttals every time he is entitled to one, he wouldn't have time to sleep. Let's see how the trial goes. After that, there may be major things happening.

I think this business about Kate"s Diary being published without her permission might just be the first big mistake the McCanns have made . By accepting
the £120,000 from the NOTW she has virtually accepted an apology, so why drag it all up now, almost 3 years later? Bad move.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Fri 16 Dec - 20:52

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:

I think this business about Kate"s Diary being published without her permission might just be the first big mistake the McCanns have made . By accepting
the £120,000 from the NOTW she has virtually accepted an apology, so why drag it all up now, almost 3 years later? Bad move.

She brought it up for the same reason as many of the other people at the Leveson Inquiry. Because it is a good example of the appalling way that newspapers go about their business. Just as many of the others who gave evidence about the way their lives were intruded on by the press and received damages the McCanns gave an account of the dodgy work of the press.

By the way how do we know it was £120,000. I must have missed that.
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 224
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  platinum Fri 16 Dec - 20:53

Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:

That sounds interesting. Do you think the SY review will be acted upon and the McCanns brought back to Portugal to do a reconstruction maybe?
platinum
platinum
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 224
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 16 Dec - 23:13

platinum wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:

That sounds interesting. Do you think the SY review will be acted upon and the McCanns brought back to Portugal to do a reconstruction maybe?

If you're asking me if I have any faith in the UK authorities, the answer is sadly not. Would love to be wrong, though.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2