Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Oldartform on Thu 15 Dec - 13:07

Wonder if Metodo was liaising with Jim Gamble during the Operation Ore fiasco? Always thought that, at the root of all this, there may be high profile people still on Ore`s list and blackmail is the name of this game. They all have dirt on each other, TM included.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Keela on Thu 15 Dec - 14:07

My grandfather always used to say that politics was a dirty game played by dirty people. Seems like politics isn't the only dirty thing played by dirty people. This case stinks and will continue to do so until someone grabs it by the whatsits and forces the Mccanns to face the music ( highly unlikely though).

Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2303
Age : 63
Location : Darkened room, hoping for the best.
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  DavidA on Thu 15 Dec - 15:17

This Metodo 3 story does not make sense to me.

An article quoted on page 1 of thie thread says they were paid £50,000 per month. Metodo 3 say they had 40 staff working on it. I do not think a major detective agency would be paying the staff an average of £1250 a month.

And the 8 leads....... this also does not make sense. If there were 8 open leads, why did the McCanns stop using Metodo 3? If the PJ were not following 8 specific leads, why did we not hear complaints afterwards from the McCanns?

This is information suddenly produced from nowhere. Again, more discrepencies from the McCann side of this case. Perhaps this points to more evidence of the McCanns really not wanting the investigation to come to a conclusion?

DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 382
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  LJC on Thu 15 Dec - 16:42

DavidA wrote:This Metodo 3 story does not make sense to me.

An article quoted on page 1 of thie thread says they were paid £50,000 per month. Metodo 3 say they had 40 staff working on it. I do not think a major detective agency would be paying the staff an average of £1250 a month.

And the 8 leads....... this also does not make sense. If there were 8 open leads, why did the McCanns stop using Metodo 3? If the PJ were not following 8 specific leads, why did we not hear complaints afterwards from the McCanns?

This is information suddenly produced from nowhere. Again, more discrepencies from the McCann side of this case. Perhaps this points to more evidence of the McCanns really not wanting the investigation to come to a conclusion?

I think these 8 or so leads were the ones that made headlines at the time, but never amounted to anything at the end of the day. Its just that, to my mind, the police are obliged to look at these leads with fresh eyes. It may be that fresh eyes can identify areas of the original investigation which could/should have been handled differently and these leads, which we all thought amounted to nothing, may amount to something after all - I doubt it though. I would say I am almost certain that SY's review of all the evidence and well documented leads will come to the same conclusion as those who investigated them before.

LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  jinvta on Thu 15 Dec - 17:56

"It was a risk to wait knowing that private detectives and particularly those ones, had information and were risking putting our investigators work in jeopardy."

These are not such kind words about Metodo 3 by the National Police. One has to wonder why the McCanns chose such dodgy detectives.

jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  kathybelle on Thu 15 Dec - 18:22

DavidA wrote:This Metodo 3 story does not make sense to me.

An article quoted on page 1 of thie thread says they were paid £50,000 per month. Metodo 3 say they had 40 staff working on it. I do not think a major detective agency would be paying the staff an average of £1250 a month.

And the 8 leads....... this also does not make sense. If there were 8 open leads, why did the McCanns stop using Metodo 3? If the PJ were not following 8 specific leads, why did we not hear complaints afterwards from the McCanns?

This is information suddenly produced from nowhere. Again, more discrepencies from the McCann side of this case. Perhaps this points to more evidence of the McCanns really not wanting the investigation to come to a conclusion?

According to the article yesterday, the McCanns began to use Metodo3 in September 2007, around the time the McCanns were made arguidos. The McCanns were not allowed to use private detectives, at that time, so I think it is highly unlikely that Metodo3 passed on leads to the PJ. Metodo 3 were being paid out of the fund to find Madeleine, so they should not have been passing on leads to the PJ.

The McCanns last lot of private detectives, Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley who were also being paid by the fund to look for Madeleine, complained in 2010 that that the PJ weren't following up leads that they had passed on to them. The McCanns also made the same complaint around the same time as Edgar and Cowley.

I must be missing something here, because for the life of me, I can't understand why Edgar and Cowley, would pass on leads to the PJ, because once the case was shelved, the PJ were no longer investigating Madeleine's disappearance.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  margaret on Thu 15 Dec - 18:34

kathybelle, the case was shelved unless further information came to light (l believe) so it was only natural Edgar and Cowley would pass on their 'sightings' to make it look like they were trying.

In any case the whole Metodo 3 statement this week is carp, the police started with Halligen (IMO money laundering) and now they've been led to M3 with predictable spin from the Mcs.

Edgar and Cowley will be spoken to soon with further spin that SY officers are 'liasing' with the Mcs private detectives, you'll see.

margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Guest on Thu 15 Dec - 18:36

jinvta wrote:"It was a risk to wait knowing that private detectives and particularly those ones, had information and were risking putting our investigators work in jeopardy."

These are not such kind words about Metodo 3 by the National Police. One has to wonder why the McCanns chose such dodgy detectives.


Birds of a feather?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  jejune on Thu 15 Dec - 18:41

LJC wrote:
DavidA wrote:This Metodo 3 story does not make sense to me.

An article quoted on page 1 of thie thread says they were paid £50,000 per month. Metodo 3 say they had 40 staff working on it. I do not think a major detective agency would be paying the staff an average of £1250 a month.

And the 8 leads....... this also does not make sense. If there were 8 open leads, why did the McCanns stop using Metodo 3? If the PJ were not following 8 specific leads, why did we not hear complaints afterwards from the McCanns?

This is information suddenly produced from nowhere. Again, more discrepencies from the McCann side of this case. Perhaps this points to more evidence of the McCanns really not wanting the investigation to come to a conclusion?

I think these 8 or so leads were the ones that made headlines at the time, but never amounted to anything at the end of the day. Its just that, to my mind, the police are obliged to look at these leads with fresh eyes. It may be that fresh eyes can identify areas of the original investigation which could/should have been handled differently and these leads, which we all thought amounted to nothing, may amount to something after all - I doubt it though. I would say I am almost certain that SY's review of all the evidence and well documented leads will come to the same conclusion as those who investigated them before.


What you say makes sense LJC. I also think it makes sense for a review to follow up information that has been passed over. What I don't understand is why Scotland Yard are involved in following up leads that are supplied by Metodo 3, and have already been mentioned in the UK press - presumably leaked to them by someone? The press, and thus the UK police, were given this information. If they wanted to follow it up, why didn't they do it then? It was a Portugese investigation, but the victim is English. If the UK police had suspicions they could have followed them up at the time. As for Metado 3, and any other private investigation, plenty of Portugese posters pointed out that they wouldn't be allowed to operate alongside the official police force on Portugese soil while the investigation was ongoing. They may have access to stuff the police haven't been allowed to see at the time, but surely any official police force investigating a crime would have far more access to resources and knowledge than any single private agency? Shouldn't the UK police be working with the official Portugese police, not the private detectives employed by people who have been part of the criminal investigation?

jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Location : UK
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  tanszi on Thu 15 Dec - 19:03

jejune, the questions you ask are logical, and one i ask myself a lot. Perhaps things are moving on in areas we arent aware of. It really isnt usual for the UK police to report all events in investigations, i dont think we would know anything about it if there wasnt so much spin from sources close to the McC.

tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3098
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Oldartform on Thu 15 Dec - 19:17



Shouldn't the UK police be working with the official Portugese police, not the private detectives employed by people who have been part of the criminal investigation?.[quote]

or.....

Shouldn`t the UK police be working with the official Portuguese police, not the private detectives employed by SUSPECTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CLEARED ?

I`m holding out my trust in all the professional police forces working together, the MET, the PJ and the Spanish police. I`m hoping that Metodo3 are just bluffing to cover up their shame at their files having been requisitioned under a warrant.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Guest on Thu 15 Dec - 19:27

tanszi wrote:jejune, the questions you ask are logical, and one i ask myself a lot. Perhaps things are moving on in areas we arent aware of. It really isnt usual for the UK police to report all events in investigations, i dont think we would know anything about it if there wasnt so much spin from sources close to the McC.

Not only is it not usual, but IIRC SY specifically stated right at the start that they would be quietly getting on with it without fanfare.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Lillyofthevalley on Thu 15 Dec - 19:30

margaret wrote:kathybelle, the case was shelved unless further information came to light (l believe) so it was only natural Edgar and Cowley would pass on their 'sightings' to make it look like they were trying.

In any case the whole Metodo 3 statement this week is carp, the police started with Halligen (IMO money laundering) and now they've been led to M3 with predictable spin from the Mcs.

Edgar and Cowley will be spoken to soon with further spin that SY officers are 'liasing' with the Mcs private detectives, you'll see.

Margaret that is just what crossed my mind today, lets wait to see how the Mcs react when Edger and Cowley are questioned by SY, it will be full steam ahead with the spinning, they can fool the good old trusting public, but they can't fool SY or the PJ imo

Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  kathybelle on Thu 15 Dec - 19:34

margaret wrote:kathybelle, the case was shelved unless further information came to light (l believe) so it was only natural Edgar and Cowley would pass on their 'sightings' to make it look like they were trying.

In any case the whole Metodo 3 statement this week is carp, the police started with Halligen (IMO money laundering) and now they've been led to M3 with predictable spin from the Mcs.

Edgar and Cowley will be spoken to soon with further spin that SY officers are 'liasing' with the Mcs private detectives, you'll see.

Hi Margaret, I'd forgotten that the case was only shelved until further information came to light. I am wondering if Edgar and Cowley did pass leads on to the PJ, because I feel sure the case would have been reopened. One of the leads contained information about Madeleine being held in a small village, 10km outside of Praia da Luz. I remember Edgar speaking to the media about this information, it was on the day that the McCanns attended a dinner dance and auction, at a hotel owned by Richard Branson.

Yes Margaret, I believe you are right Edgar and Cowley will be spoken to in the near future by SY. Edgar has already been in trouble, for not following investigative procedures, when he was chasing the Victoria Beckham lookalike in Spain.

The village where Madeleine was supposed to be living, was the same village that the McCanns and their children, visited a couple of days before Madeleine disappeared. I read the information on the Joana Morais forum. There was a photo copy of the creche register, for the day the family visited the village. Madeleine was signed into the creche at around 2:30pm and signed out again at around 4:30pm, when they went to this creche. Apparantly a shopkeeper who saw photographs of the McCanns and Madeleine after she disappeared, remembered them visiting the village, he said they were pushing a twin buggy and Madeleine was walking alongside them.

This information was in an article, posted by either Joana or Astro.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Dec - 21:01

Cowley retired several months ago through ill health but made a strange comment "I will never reveal what I know".

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  kathybelle on Thu 15 Dec - 21:13

Panda wrote:Cowley retired several months ago through ill health but made a strange comment "I will never reveal what I know".

The Praia da Luz Priest said something similar Panda. He said he will take what the McCanns told him, to his grave, or words to that effect.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Guest on Thu 15 Dec - 22:14

kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:Cowley retired several months ago through ill health but made a strange comment "I will never reveal what I know".

The Praia da Luz Priest said something similar Panda. He said he will take what the McCanns told him, to his grave, or words to that effect.

I'm not a Christian, so am probably biased, but it seems to me that whatever the reason, principles of confidentiality have got to have limits.

Whether or not one has Religion, that is an optional and highly personal state of affairs - but acting in the interests of Justice has to be paramount, surely.

This poor Priest is clearly tormented beyond endurance because of his own dearly held principles and it is patently not just that there is no relief for him.

How many lives have been destroyed in one way or another as the result of what probably started out as a case of selfishness and neglect that turned sour?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Panda on Thu 15 Dec - 22:55

The End Is Nigh wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:Cowley retired several months ago through ill health but made a strange comment "I will never reveal what I know".

The Praia da Luz Priest said something similar Panda. He said he will take what the McCanns told him, to his grave, or words to that effect.

I'm not a Christian, so am probably biased, but it seems to me that whatever the reason, principles of confidentiality have got to have limits.

Whether or not one has Religion, that is an optional and highly personal state of affairs - but acting in the interests of Justice has to be paramount, surely.

This poor Priest is clearly tormented beyond endurance because of his own dearly held principles and it is patently not just that there is no relief for him.

How many lives have been destroyed in one way or another as the result of what probably started out as a case of selfishness and neglect that turned sour?

Poor little Madeleine has become a cash cow for so many people and her Parents have centre stage instead of their Daughter. Now , the Reporter
who published the Diary extracr has apologised to the McCanns.!!!!

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  kathybelle on Thu 15 Dec - 23:31

The End Is Nigh wrote:
kathybelle wrote:
Panda wrote:Cowley retired several months ago through ill health but made a strange comment "I will never reveal what I know".

The Praia da Luz Priest said something similar Panda. He said he will take what the McCanns told him, to his grave, or words to that effect.

I'm not a Christian, so am probably biased, but it seems to me that whatever the reason, principles of confidentiality have got to have limits.

Whether or not one has Religion, that is an optional and highly personal state of affairs - but acting in the interests of Justice has to be paramount, surely.

This poor Priest is clearly tormented beyond endurance because of his own dearly held principles and it is patently not just that there is no relief for him.

How many lives have been destroyed in one way or another as the result of what probably started out as a case of selfishness and neglect that turned sour?

The McCanns have portrayed themselves as devout Catholics, but according to Kate's mother, she never understood why they wanted the Merseyside Priest to fly over to P.D.L. as soon as possible. She said they were not church goers. There is no doubt about it, the McCanns used the Catholic Church, especially the P.D.L. Priest, who is now tormented and will stay tormented until his dying day.

What a pity the head of the Catholic Church, will not allow this Priest to unburden himself to the authorities. By not allowing the Priest to unburden himself to the authorities, the Pope is protecting the McCanns. In my opinion the Pope doesn't care about the pain and suffering that Madeleine will have endured, because of her parents cruel behaviour.

In my opinion, the McCanns planned Madeleine's disappearance, before they set foot in P.D.L. They must have done, because if they hadn't, something inside of them would have kicked in, that would make them want to search day and night for Madeleine. It was as if they knew Madeleine wasn't going to alive or dead, because as I said previously, they wanted the Merseyside Priest to come over to P.D.L.

Within a couple of days, their family was on the GMTV couch begging for money and a few days later, the McCanns were arranging fun days, to raise money. "We won't be arranging events on the 1st anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, it will be sooner than that" said Gerry. Gerry's statement regarding the events, was enough to convince me that he and his wife, knew Madeleine would not be found dead or alive. The speed Gerry's family started begging for money, made me think that they also knew Madeleine was not going to be found any time soon.

The McCanns must have really been skint, for Gerry's family to start begging for money, a couple of days after Madeleine disappeared. Come to think of it, the whole family must have been skint, either that or they didn't want to hand over their own money to Gerry and Kate, not when there was the gullible public out there who would dip their hands in their pockets, if they told them the money would be used to find Madeleine.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  widowan on Fri 16 Dec - 6:20

AnnaEsse wrote:So, let's see: Scotland Yard detectives visited Meturdo3 and took away 30 boxes of documents. The boss of M3 said there were, what?...five, six, seven...new leads in there. Why didn't M3 follow those up? Because they went to Portugal and weren't able to for political reasons? Because they weren't being paid enough to be going on jaunts around Europe? To make it look like they had actually done some investigating? They found an excuse because SY might notice a few things they'd overlooked?

I'm hoping they seized the original contract which would lay out the manner in which M3 would be compensated, if there is anything in there about being paid commission for SIGHTINGS we might be on to something here. While a private detective firm as dodgy as this is probably well aware of the inadvisability of putting things in writing as a contract, it would come out in the wash as far as billing - were they in for a sum when they found "girl in a basket" in Morocco, or paid when they gave statements? Or did a cash transfer go across when (right at the time of the in no way getting stories straight meeting went down in Rothley timed exactly before the Roggy interviews) Metodo claimed they knew where she was?

Follow the money -

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  widowan on Fri 16 Dec - 6:25

kathybelle wrote:According to the article, Metodo3, began working for the McCanns in September 2007, which was when they were made arguidos. I always understood that the McCanns could not use private detectives, while the case was being investigated by the PJ. The PJ investigated the case, until the McCanns (according to Goncalo Amaral) demanded the case was closed, which was sometime in 2008, after the McCanns were released from their arguido status.

If the date in the article is wrong and Metodo3 only began working for the McCanns in September 2008, then they're making malicious allegations against the PJ.

Metodo3 are alleging that they passed leads on to the PJ and the PJ never investigated the leads. Dave Edgar and his sidekick say they passed leads on to the PJ and the PJ never investigated those leads. It seems like the McCanns P.I's have all screwed Madeleine's fund for a tidy sum, whilst doing hardly any searching at all. Unless one calls going on "wild goose chases" to sunny climates searching.

The McCanns must have known that their P.I's weren't doing what they were paid to do. Maybe the P.I's thought well the McCanns didn't do what they were supposed to do as parents, so they were hardly going to complain if they followed their lead.

You an hardly call it screwing the fund if the fund was paying them for exactly this sort of activity.

Compensation drives behaviour.

widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  gillyspot on Fri 16 Dec - 9:08

Why were there 30 boxes of evidence with 6 OR 8 LEADS left with Metado 3?

Wouldn't the McCanns have wanted this information themselves (in the "search" for Madeleine") if it was this important that Scotland Yard went to fetch it themselves? Remember the McCanns "fund" had paid for Metado 3's work.

I would put money on it that this latest rubbish came out simply so the UK media could "bury the story" of Myler's testimony at the Leveson Inquiry on the same day. There is no way that Scotland Yard has disclosed this information it would have come from either Mitchell or Metado 3 on the orders of Mitchell. Which makes a mockery of Clarence Mitchell's statement "Kate and Gerry will simply not be commenting whilst the Metropolitan Police review of Madeleine's case is under way."

But Clarrie will!

This is a classic PR stunt.

gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Christine on Fri 16 Dec - 9:32

It was very convenient that a journalist or photographer turned up at the moment the boxes were carried out the office

Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 968
Location : Belgium
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Panda on Fri 16 Dec - 9:35

Christine wrote:It was very convenient that a journalist or photographer turned up at the moment the boxes were carried out the office

Yes, I noted that as well., was it a Clarence scenario? when is someone in SY going to tell the McCann entourage to butt out..

Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Age : 59
Location : Wales
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  frencheuropean on Fri 16 Dec - 9:48

If the 8 leads were that important , Metodo would have given only the pages related to the leads to S.Y. If SY took 30 boxes, that means they took the whole archives in order to check the leads but also the methodes of these detectives. They were also helped by Spanish policemen who , most probably, gave them some warnings about Metodo's background. It will be, imo, very easy for SY to see through Metodo's smoke screen.The question is : what will they do if they discover that Metodo's work was a huge fraud?

frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1187
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Metodo3 '8 important new leads with Scotland Yard'

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:23


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum