Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

McCanns continued hope.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns continued hope.

Post  ann_chovey on Thu 22 Dec - 8:13

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077371/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-Gerry-speak-continued-hope-Christmas.html

Do you hold the missing piece? McCanns release jigsaw image of Madeleine as they speak of 'continued hope' at ChristmasBy Katie Silver

Last updated at 7:37 AM on 22nd December 2011

Comments (11) Share
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann today thanked supporters for their help, saying they will move into 2012 with ‘renewed energy and continued hope’.
In a message on the Find Madeleine website, Kate and Gerry McCann said: 'It's Christmas - again. A time of mixed emotions for our family and many others in similar positions around the world. A time to hold together.'

They added that they had ended the year on a positive note, with the launch of the Government’s Missing Children and Adults’ Strategy earlier this month.
The McCann parents continue their desperate search for new information, mentioning that Christmas is a particularly hard time for those with missing children
Still, the distressed parents appealed for new information, imploring: 'Do you hold the missing piece of the puzzle?'
And last week, Spanish private detectives claimed to have handed Scotland Yard ‘important leads’ in the search for the couple’s daughter.
'It's Christmas - again. A time of mixed emotions for our family and many others in similar positions around the world. A time to hold together.'
Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family’s holiday flat in Praia da Luz in the Algarve on May 3 2007 as her parents dined with friends nearby.

Writing on their website today, Mr and Mrs McCann said:
‘Thank you to all our supporters for your help throughout the year and for remaining united with us in our longing and determination to find Madeleine.
'Our search for Madeleine and the Metropolitan Police review of the case are progressing well.
Gerry and Kate McCann of Leicestershire lost their daughter Madeline, 4, in Praia de Luz, Portugal in May 2007 (pictured). They have fought to find her since
‘In addition, this December saw a landmark event for the protection of, and support for, missing children and their families left behind.

‘The Government’s Missing Children and Adults’ Strategy aims to reduce the number of people who go missing; to protect the missing whilst they are away, and to give families access to support, similar to victims of crime.’

A police handout of Madeleine from December 2007
They said the strategy followed 12 months of campaigning by individuals and organisations such as the charity Missing People.

‘Thank you to everyone who supported this campaign and influenced this significant development,’ their message added.

‘This Christmas, please keep Madeleine and all missing loved ones and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

‘The support you give enables us to move into 2012 with renewed energy and continued hope.’

Last week, Spanish private detectives claimed they had handed Scotland Yard up to eight ‘very important leads’ in the search for Madeleine.

Sources said four Metropolitan Police officers held talks with Barcelona firm Metodo 3, which investigated her disappearance on behalf of the family.
Kate and Gerry McCann at the High Court in London last month. The pair thanked supporters and asked for continued 'thoughts and prayers'
Investigator Francisco Marco Fernandez told Spanish TV officers had travelled to Spain to pick up around 30 boxes of documents.

A Scotland Yard spokesman refused to confirm the meeting took place and family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: ‘Kate and Gerry will simply not be commenting whilst the Metropolitan Police review of Madeleine’s case is under way.

‘They remain pleased that the Met team is continuing its work and that progress is being made.’

The Metropolitan Police force has said there would be no limits in its re-examination of the search.
Madeline's parents welcomed the Government's new Missing Children and Adults' Strategy and thanked those who campaigned for it
Police have travelled to Portugal three times in connection with the fresh review and a total of 30 people are now working on the force’s Operation Grange.

The review prompted criticism when it was launched in May, with politicians expressing concerns that it would divert resources from other crime victims.

It was sparked after a request from Home Secretary Theresa May supported by Prime Minister David Cameron.

Portuguese detectives, helped by officers from Leicestershire Police, carried out a massive investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance.

But the official inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 and since then no police force has been actively looking for the missing child.



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077371/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-Gerry-speak-continued-hope-Christmas.html#ixzz1hFW1RE8V

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  Annabel on Thu 22 Dec - 8:59


Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Location : Europe
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  almostgothic on Thu 22 Dec - 11:26

It's a typical distraction piece, paper-aeroplaned into the Mail by He-Who-Everything-Must-Be-Bounced-Off.
And the purpose of it is this message to the masses .....

"Don't look over there - look over here!
OK so you might have tuned in to a bit of live streaming at the Leveson Enquiry yesterday, but don't go hanging round those Enquiry transcripts and videos - you might end up tearing your hair out at some of the participants' responses. We wouldn't want that, would we ...
And while we're at it, don't even think about going near any of those statement uploads where you might come across bits of stuff like:

24. It was only months later, in July 2008 that Portugal’s Attorney General formally closed the
investigation into Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. Under the Portuguese system, the
authorities released the official police file - more than 10,000 documents including
photographs, official reports and witness statements including those of the McCanns.
Through the release of those documents and subsequent Jegal actions in Portuga! it is now a
matter of public record that the reports I was writing between September 2007 and January
2008 were truthful and accurate.


Ooh no missus, leave it alone! It'll only give you a headache!


Look over here instead!
Nice heartstring-tugging story about Kate and Gerry,and a lovely jigsaw pic of Maddie -aw, ain't that sweet, nothing to gnash your dentures over in that article, is there?

There now y'see, you're feeling better already ...... happy holidays ...... "




almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Location : Lost in the barrio
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  Oldartform on Thu 22 Dec - 12:35

Amazing - each year this is getting more and more like the queen giving her Christmas message to her subjects. Almost like they really believe their subjects are waiting in anticipation to hear from them. The golden couple, his and her royal highnesses. And of course, they are being so humble and giving thanks to their subjects for such kind support throughout the year.

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again - there`s nothing as powerful as victimhood to sway the masses.

And look at all the comments - they are ALL proMcCann - well I never ! Mods definitely working overtime at the Mail today.

Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  ann_chovey on Thu 22 Dec - 14:06

Oldartform wrote:Amazing - each year this is getting more and more like the queen giving her Christmas message to her subjects. Almost like they really believe their subjects are waiting in anticipation to hear from them. The golden couple, his and her royal highnesses. And of course, they are being so humble and giving thanks to their subjects for such kind support throughout the year.

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it again - there`s nothing as powerful as victimhood to sway the masses.

And look at all the comments - they are ALL proMcCann - well I never ! Mods definitely working overtime at the Mail today.

Mods have gone for lunch........

I think the McCanns should stop appearing in newspapers. They should have thought more of Madelaine when they had her istead of choosing drink and partying over the welfare of their kids. I wonder how they will explain this situation to their other children.

I have great sympathy for the McCanns, and they used the media well, but we've heard quite enough from them. Their family has not been destroyed: they have two other children, and life goes on, as it must for thousands of others who have lost children in less publicised situations.

Christmas and holidays are a special time for families. Never left my children to fend for themselves whilst i went out at night when we were on holiday. That's why i can still enjoy my children's company at this special time of year.

It's all been said before but i hope these poor parents' life sentence ends soon. There but for the grace of God go we all.... Who hasn't momentarily lost sight of their child and felt the cold claw? - YourRani, London, 22/12/2011 2:31>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shouldn't your comment read 'who has not gone out every evening and left 3 children under 4yrs old alone in an unlocked foreign apartment'???

Poor child left alone with her younger siblings, let's hope she is with a caring family now.


Sources said four Metropolitan Police officers held talks with Barcelona firm Metodo 3, which investigated her disappearance on behalf of the family.>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Maybe the Met.Police were asking Metodo3 why, despite being paid a fortune from the McCanns private fund, they have not followed up the 'important leads' they say are in their files?? If they did not check out the leads why didn't the McCanns current PI detectives follow them up? Did Metodo3 keep them hidden, and not tell the McCanns about them for the last 4 years!!!

ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2516
Location : France
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  amber on Thu 22 Dec - 15:21

just wasted a few minutes of my valuable time leaving a comment, nothing nasty, just a reminder of how Kate told womans hour that it had been too dark to look for her precious daughter, but oh dear it wasn't fawning so I dont think it will see the light of day :(

amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  malena stool on Thu 22 Dec - 19:32

The Mercury have the temerity to relegate the story to page 4

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Maddie-thoughts-Christmas/story-14207895-detail/story.html

Keep Maddie in your thoughts at Christmas .Thursday, December 22, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate and Gerry McCann have asked people to keep missing children in their thoughts and prayers over Christmas.

The request was in a message the couple posted on the official Find Madeleine website yesterday.
They also thanked people who had supported them in their search for their daughter this year.

The couple, from Rothley, wrote: "It's Christmas – again. A time of mixed emotions for our family and many others in similar positions around the world. A time to hold together.

"Thank you to all our supporters for your help throughout the year and for remaining united with us in our longing and determination to find Madeleine.

"The year has ended on a positive note. Our search for Madeleine and the Metropolitan Police review of the case are progressing well."

They added: "This Christmas, please keep Madeleine and all missing loved ones and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

"The support you give enables us to move into 2012 with renewed energy and continued hope."

The couple also said they were pleased the Government had launched a strategy aimed at reducing the number of people who go missing and ensuring families of missing people get support, describing it as "a landmark event".

"The strategy follows 12 months of campaigning by individuals and organisations like the charity Missing People," they wrote.

"Thank you to everyone who supported this campaign and influenced this significant development."

Yesterday a journalist who wrote articles about the McCann family shortly after Madeleine's disappearance said he was worried about the stories he was submitting because they were not "confirmed".

David Pilditch was one of three Daily Express reporters giving evidence at the Leveson inquiry into press standards.

In 2008 Express Newspapers paid £550,000 libel damages and printed front page apologies to the McCanns after articles falsely alleged they were responsible for their daughter's death.

Mr Pilditch said he was under great pressure to bring in stories although it was almost impossible to do so because he could not speak directly to Portuguese police. He described having to resort to gleaning information from Portuguese journalists who were speaking to the police.

The inquiry will now be taking a break until January 9.

Speaking at the inquiry last month the McCanns told how journalists who camped outside their home scared their children and left the family feeling hemmed in their house.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  kathybelle on Thu 22 Dec - 20:03

malena stool wrote:The Mercury have the temerity to relegate the story to page 4

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Maddie-thoughts-Christmas/story-14207895-detail/story.html

Keep Maddie in your thoughts at Christmas .Thursday, December 22, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate and Gerry McCann have asked people to keep missing children in their thoughts and prayers over Christmas.

The request was in a message the couple posted on the official Find Madeleine website yesterday.
They also thanked people who had supported them in their search for their daughter this year.

The couple, from Rothley, wrote: "It's Christmas – again. A time of mixed emotions for our family and many others in similar positions around the world. A time to hold together.

"Thank you to all our supporters for your help throughout the year and for remaining united with us in our longing and determination to find Madeleine.

"The year has ended on a positive note. Our search for Madeleine and the Metropolitan Police review of the case are progressing well."

They added: "This Christmas, please keep Madeleine and all missing loved ones and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

"The support you give enables us to move into 2012 with renewed energy and continued hope."

The couple also said they were pleased the Government had launched a strategy aimed at reducing the number of people who go missing and ensuring families of missing people get support, describing it as "a landmark event".

"The strategy follows 12 months of campaigning by individuals and organisations like the charity Missing People," they wrote.

"Thank you to everyone who supported this campaign and influenced this significant development."

Yesterday a journalist who wrote articles about the McCann family shortly after Madeleine's disappearance said he was worried about the stories he was submitting because they were not "confirmed".

David Pilditch was one of three Daily Express reporters giving evidence at the Leveson inquiry into press standards.

In 2008 Express Newspapers paid £550,000 libel damages and printed front page apologies to the McCanns after articles falsely alleged they were responsible for their daughter's death.

Mr Pilditch said he was under great pressure to bring in stories although it was almost impossible to do so because he could not speak directly to Portuguese police. He described having to resort to gleaning information from Portuguese journalists who were speaking to the police.

The inquiry will now be taking a break until January 9.

Speaking at the inquiry last month the McCanns told how journalists who camped outside their home scared their children and left the family feeling hemmed in their house.

The McCanns two children are used to media attention. Look how many times the McCanns pulled them out of the creche in Praia da Luz, for a photoshoot. Also the McCanns have given at least one interview at their home, while the twins were there.

In my opinion, the McCanns are using the Leveson Inquiry, in the hope that they will make a few bob, for the fund of course. They'd better watch their step, otherwise they'll lose the support of Rupert Murdoch.

Talking of support, does anyone know if another of the McCanns wealthy supporters, Richard Branson, invited the "Gruesome Twosome" to his daughter's wedding yesterday? The wedding was held in Branson's Mustique home.

kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Age : 70
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  malena stool on Thu 22 Dec - 20:39

kathybelle wrote:
malena stool wrote:The Mercury have the temerity to relegate the story to page 4

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Maddie-thoughts-Christmas/story-14207895-detail/story.html

Keep Maddie in your thoughts at Christmas .Thursday, December 22, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate and Gerry McCann have asked people to keep missing children in their thoughts and prayers over Christmas.

The request was in a message the couple posted on the official Find Madeleine website yesterday.
They also thanked people who had supported them in their search for their daughter this year.

The couple, from Rothley, wrote: "It's Christmas – again. A time of mixed emotions for our family and many others in similar positions around the world. A time to hold together.

"Thank you to all our supporters for your help throughout the year and for remaining united with us in our longing and determination to find Madeleine.

"The year has ended on a positive note. Our search for Madeleine and the Metropolitan Police review of the case are progressing well."

They added: "This Christmas, please keep Madeleine and all missing loved ones and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

"The support you give enables us to move into 2012 with renewed energy and continued hope."

The couple also said they were pleased the Government had launched a strategy aimed at reducing the number of people who go missing and ensuring families of missing people get support, describing it as "a landmark event".

"The strategy follows 12 months of campaigning by individuals and organisations like the charity Missing People," they wrote.

"Thank you to everyone who supported this campaign and influenced this significant development."

Yesterday a journalist who wrote articles about the McCann family shortly after Madeleine's disappearance said he was worried about the stories he was submitting because they were not "confirmed".

David Pilditch was one of three Daily Express reporters giving evidence at the Leveson inquiry into press standards.

In 2008 Express Newspapers paid £550,000 libel damages and printed front page apologies to the McCanns after articles falsely alleged they were responsible for their daughter's death.

Mr Pilditch said he was under great pressure to bring in stories although it was almost impossible to do so because he could not speak directly to Portuguese police. He described having to resort to gleaning information from Portuguese journalists who were speaking to the police.

The inquiry will now be taking a break until January 9.

Speaking at the inquiry last month the McCanns told how journalists who camped outside their home scared their children and left the family feeling hemmed in their house.

The McCanns two children are used to media attention. Look how many times the McCanns pulled them out of the creche in Praia da Luz, for a photoshoot. Also the McCanns have given at least one interview at their home, while the twins were there.

In my opinion, the McCanns are using the Leveson Inquiry, in the hope that they will make a few bob, for the fund of course. They'd better watch their step, otherwise they'll lose the support of Rupert Murdoch.

Talking of support, does anyone know if another of the McCanns wealthy supporters, Richard Branson, invited the "Gruesome Twosome" to his daughter's wedding yesterday? The wedding was held in Branson's Mustique home.
I wouldn't think so kathybelle, Branson had Royalty and proper celebrities at the wedding, the McCanns would have been trumpeting all over the world if they'd been standing near really famous people.

malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13386
Location : Spare room above the kitchen
Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns continued hope.

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:45


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum