Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol

2 posters

Go down

Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Empty Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol

Post  Panda Wed 28 Dec - 5:49

Cameron 'Backing Alcohol Minimum Price'

Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 16100651
The proposals could save thousands of lives and raise £700m a year

2:35am UK, Wednesday December 28, 2011

The Prime Minister is said to be backing plans for minimum pricing for alcohol.

David Cameron will override his Cabinet who fear it breaches European rules, it is reported.

Minimum pricing has the biggest impact on the cheapest and strongest
drinks and earlier this month a group of leading academics and health
experts claimed the move would save thousands of lives.

Proposals for a charge per unit of between 40p and 50p would raise
£700m a year, which could go to the NHS, the Daily Telegraph says.

The Prime Minister has decided that when it comes to alcohol, something pretty radical now has to be done

Whitehall source

Scotland's administration is pushing through legislation for a
minimum unit price, though health secretary Nicola Sturgeon admits it is
"almost certain" to meet a legal challenge.

Westminster Health Secretary Andrew Lansley has previously warned
that such a move would not meet European competition rules. That viewed
has been echoed by the Business department.

But a Whitehall source told the newspaper: "The Prime Minister has
decided that when it comes to alcohol, something pretty radical now has
to be done and he is keen on the minimum price.

"It is complicated how this can be delivered, particularly under
European law, but it is clear that the voluntary approach has not
worked."

A Number 10 spokeswoman said the Government's alcohol strategy would be unveiled soon and no decisions had been made.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Empty Re: Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol

Post  malena stool Wed 28 Dec - 20:42

I wonder if the price of a tot will rise in the 'Honourable Members' bar in the Houses of Parliament?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol Empty Re: Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol

Post  Panda Wed 28 Dec - 23:47

malena stool wrote:I wonder if the price of a tot will rise in the 'Honourable Members' bar in the Houses of Parliament?

If it does malena the MP"s will get a cost of living rise . Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 29 Dec - 10:53

It won't work. They tried to outlaw "cheap deals" on alcohol here. Before, our local Tesco used to advertise three bottles of wine for £10. Now the exact same bottles are on sale for £3.33 each! Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 23324
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Dec - 11:13

Iris wrote:It won't work. They tried to outlaw "cheap deals" on alcohol here. Before, our local Tesco used to advertise three bottles of wine for £10. Now the exact same bottles are on sale for £3.33 each! Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 23324

I agree Iris and think Britain has a huge problem with Drink and Drugs affecting teenagers. In fact, I would insist Supermarkets have a seperate area
for alcohol . There is no check at the checkout on the buyers age, if a lad is tall he may look 18 but only be 14 and this is how youngsters are able to
buy alcohol so easily.Corner shops with a licence to sell alcohol are also guilty , as are off-licences. The Government urgently needs to tackle the problem
but has done nothing. They have demanded Cigarettes not be displayed to remove the temptation for youingsters so time to tackle the alcohol problem.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 29 Dec - 19:40

It is widely accepted that we have a huge problem with alcohol here in the UK, especially amongst our youth. No amount of price hikes or legislation against underage drinking will change that fact. Those who are addicted to and rely on alcohol to get through the day will go to any extremes to get the wherewithal to obtain their 'fix', just as drug abusers will!

Banning alcohol altogether, apart from destroying an industry and the loss of taxable revenue has been tried in the US. A poorly thought out project which failed dismally, prohibition itself considered by some to have contributed to the creation of the gangland culture the US is famous for.

A far better and more constructive plan would be for our Nation's leaders of all political parties to forget party politics and come together to create jobs for our youth, give them an incentive to get up each day and get them of the streets.

Return the flood of cheap imported labour back to the EU and put this country and its people first, just for once.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Dec - 20:28

malena stool wrote:It is widely accepted that we have a huge problem with alcohol here in the UK, especially amongst our youth. No amount of price hikes or legislation against underage drinking will change that fact. Those who are addicted to and rely on alcohol to get through the day will go to any extremes to get the wherewithal to obtain their 'fix', just as drug abusers will!

Banning alcohol altogether, apart from destroying an industry and the loss of taxable revenue has been tried in the US. A poorly thought out project which failed dismally, prohibition itself considered by some to have contributed to the creation of the gangland culture the US is famous for.

A far better and more constructive plan would be for our Nation's leaders of all political parties to forget party politics and come together to create jobs for our youth, give them an incentive to get up each day and get them of the streets.

Return the flood of cheap imported labour back to the EU and put this country and its people first, just for once.

Yes I agree malena.....I even wrote an open letter to Cameron suggesting all qualified Tradesmen teach out of work youngsters a Trade and if the jobless
don"t attend the classes their dole is stopped. There must be several empty buildings in local areas which could be used. I also said immigration should
be stopped immediately unless the person has a job to go to and the Royal Navy lads due to lose their jobs be employed to patrol our shores to stop illegals entering the Country, Passport checks at the Eurostar station to try to halt those immigrants coming in from Belgium which have not been checked. I sent it to the Guardian asking for it to be published.......never received a reply so I don"t think they did. Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 29 Dec - 21:59

Panda wrote:
malena stool wrote:It is widely accepted that we have a huge problem with alcohol here in the UK, especially amongst our youth. No amount of price hikes or legislation against underage drinking will change that fact. Those who are addicted to and rely on alcohol to get through the day will go to any extremes to get the wherewithal to obtain their 'fix', just as drug abusers will!

Yes I agree malena.....I even wrote an open letter to Cameron suggesting all qualified Tradesmen teach out of work youngsters a Trade and if the jobless
don"t attend the classes their dole is stopped. There must be several empty buildings in local areas which could be used. I also said immigration should
be stopped immediately unless the person has a job to go to and the Royal Navy lads due to lose their jobs be employed to patrol our shores to stop illegals entering the Country, Passport checks at the Eurostar station to try to halt those immigrants coming in from Belgium which have not been checked. I sent it to the Guardian asking for it to be published.......never received a reply so I don"t think they did. Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 25346
I have also written to Blair, Brown and Cameron, but to be fair they have always replied thanking me for my interest and taking the time to communicate with the Prime Minister, but no good has ever resulted from my input.

Any suggestions which make good, sound economic sense to us, the great unwashed plebs is usually totally ignored by those in power due to them following their own agenda or the agenda of those who are backing them.

Surely Cameron, or anybody with an IQ greater than one, can see the crass stupidity of a policy which opens our borders to every waif and stray immigrant from across the world and enter our country, claim money he has never contributed to, or take our jobs at cut throat rates thus denying our own workers a living, is a flawed policy.

We don't hear of our people migrating to Germany, France or any other EU country and existing there without finding employment... Is it because the leaders of other countries aren't as irresponsible with their nations money as to give it away to aliens who in their own land are probably unemployable?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Dec - 22:15

malena, Britain is known as a soft touch that"s why they all come here. We have Judges refusing to send an illegal back to his own country because he had a Cat, another cancelled a Deportation order because the immigrant got married 2 hours before so what can you expect? We also have a dreadful record for
monitoring our Borders and Airports and it is a fact that English is not the first language in London.

I have no objection to Foreigners coming to Britain as long as they have a job to go to and do not qualify for Free Health care until they have paid N I
for a year. Also, if they are working in the public domain they must speak English.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 30 Dec - 13:47

Panda wrote:malena, Britain is known as a soft touch that"s why they all come here. We have Judges refusing to send an illegal back to his own country because he had a Cat, another cancelled a Deportation order because the immigrant got married 2 hours before so what can you expect? We also have a dreadful record for
monitoring our Borders and Airports and it is a fact that English is not the first language in London.

I have no objection to Foreigners coming to Britain as long as they have a job to go to and do not qualify for Free Health care until they have paid N I
for a year. Also, if they are working in the public domain they must speak English.
I am not racist as anyone who knows me will confirm but English is now barely heard not only in London... To walk round Birmingham, Leicester, Bradford, and even Melton Market is fast becoming a challenging experience without a copy of the Rosetta Stone to hand.

Enough is enough, we are made to feel like and treated as, strangers in our own land and castigated as 'evil xenophobes' or 'wicked racists' if we complain, legislation is ratified to stop anyone even daring to speak their mind. Small wonder there is an increase in 'racial' attacks in our city centres as our own youth is forced to accept whatever employment, (if any) is left due to the ever increasing deluge of cheap immigrant labour.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 30 Dec - 14:27

malena stool wrote:
Panda wrote:malena, Britain is known as a soft touch that"s why they all come here. We have Judges refusing to send an illegal back to his own country because he had a Cat, another cancelled a Deportation order because the immigrant got married 2 hours before so what can you expect? We also have a dreadful record for

I am not racist as anyone who knows me will confirm but English is now barely heard not only in London... To walk round Birmingham, Leicester, Bradford, and even Melton Market is fast becoming a challenging experience without a copy of the Rosetta Stone to hand.

Enough is enough, we are made to feel like and treated as, strangers in our own land and castigated as 'evil xenophobes' or 'wicked racists' if we complain, legislation is ratified to stop anyone even daring to speak their mind. Small wonder there is an increase in 'racial' attacks in our city centres as our own youth is forced to accept whatever employment, (if any) is left due to the ever increasing deluge of cheap immigrant labour.

My daughter went to KFC and got completely ignored by the serving staff, while they chatted away in Polish and then served another Polish speaking customer who had come in behind her! She come home well upset and I had to go up to the shop to sort it. I don't speak any Polish but I am perfectly capable of shoving a rocket up somebody's a*se in Russian. And I am sure it won't be the last time. I don't think that they'll be doing it again in a hurry, though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 30 Dec - 15:03

Iris wrote:
malena stool wrote:

My daughter went to KFC and got completely ignored by the serving staff, while they chatted away in Polish and then served another Polish speaking customer who had come in behind her! She come home well upset and I had to go up to the shop to sort it. I don't speak any Polish but I am perfectly capable of shoving a rocket up somebody's a*se in Russian. And I am sure it won't be the last time. I don't think that they'll be doing it again in a hurry, though.
Good for you Iris. Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 294124 I'm only able to insert rockets into rectums using English and truly envy your adaptability.
Our nearest KFC is very multicultural having all races present except British.... Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 303636 Prime Minister said to be backing minimum pricing for alcohol 424625 Surely that must be a tad racial, wouldn't you think?
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 30 Dec - 16:45

A friend who I play skittles with lives in a Corner house not far from me and yold me next door to her there are 14 Muslims living....she says they are
not one family and thinks some are illegals. Where my Sister lives, not far from me, the Lady across the road from her complained to the Council because of the smell of Curry and other spicy food wafting into the street....I don"t know if the Council had a word with her neighbour who was responsible. I was in
Boots a while ago and the Muslim woman in front of me had the biggest bag filled to the brim with presciption items!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down